• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

What are social justice warriors losing their shit about today?

Started by bateman, June 12, 2015, 06:46:40 PM

Jackstar

Quote from: Value Of Pi on February 12, 2016, 06:54:42 PM
idiots like Jackstar who think it's funny, cool or no big deal to post the kind of image he posted.

I don't think any of those things. You make a lot of assumptions, white boy.

Russian teacher 'kills friend in heated poetry versus prose argument'
Suspect stabbed his friend to death after victim insisted prose was superior as literary genre

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/russian-teacher-kills-friend-in-heated-poetry-versus-prose-argument-9095784.html

Jackstar

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on February 12, 2016, 07:06:14 PM
Russian teacher 'kills friend in heated poetry versus prose argument'
Suspect stabbed his friend to death after victim insisted prose was superior as literary genre

albrecht

Well, you can and should talk about subjects like the Holocaust. In fact, it's necessary if we are to "never forget." So there are educational programs, museums, movies and so forth (and yes, online discussions), which are all a good thing.

But the people who talk about the Holocaust in order to deny it happened or diminish its importance, or who are just taking any opportunity to target or taunt Jews, have a whole different agenda. On a somewhat less serious (but still significant) level of threat are the sympathizers and hangers-on who have no real idea what they're messing with but still are willing to repeat the same garbage spewed by the true believers -- i.e. the current neo-Nazi movement, the rabid old school anti-Semites, the new left wing variety, or the Islamist faction of this hate movement.

The Internet, with its "anything goes" ethos, is an environment where anti-Semitism can spread easily. Among other factors, you have idiots like Jackstar who think it's funny, cool or no big deal to post the kind of image he posted. This is the type who not only don't know where the line is, but don't really understand why there is a line. (Or why guys should pee in the toilet instead of the shower, for that matter.)

BTW, you're a "grab your musket and assemble on the green" kind of guy. You know that the only thing maintaining any kind of civility in an unmoderated place like BellGab is the alertness, readiness and commitment of forum members. So keep your musket ready, like me.
Nobody I don't deny the Holocaust(s), actually there have been many but, for just one other example, the President and many countries deny there was one of Christians (primarily Armenians but also Greeks and others) in Turkey. Yet it hardly gets a mention and, as I said people like Obama won't even call it so. I'm not sure why Christians, Muslims, Homosexuals, Straight people, Males, Females, (or basically anyone) can be criticized, made fun of, or had their history reviewed. Christians, white men, rednecks, and dads (of any 'type') in particular can be ridiculed etc. What ever event in human history is beyond any historical criticism, or even satire or outright 'conspiracy theory' or derision (no matter that it is is very poor taste and I try not to do so?) And why, until recently but even now, to an extent, is it only one "type" that Hitler etc evil plan to exterminate is celebrated- when he also wanted to wipe out Slavs, Gypsies (Roma,) homosexuals (unless they were NAZI which, in some cases, allowed to stay?) The Muslim expansion into the Indian subcontinent killed far, far more people. Stalin killed far more people. The Cultural Revolution. Who knows? The Mongols? Heck, ask some 'Indians' (in N or S American how they've had it.) We can make fun of Attila the Hun (Hey- even makes good propaganda in war times to call some nationalities Huns!) Most of human history is about, sadly, tribes (not using 'tribe' in the non-goyim sense) conquering and killing others, often destroying whole cultures and civilizations (or merging with them.) Ukrainians? Armenians? Greek? Any basic level class will show the moment of tribes (again use the term in lower case) over Europe. Even Germans post-war in what would become Soviet Bloc? Cambodians? Slavs? Irish famine and wars? And what of Africa!?- which I hardly mentioned, because, frankly and sadly, nobody does seem to care? They've had genocides and even today have much ethnic/racial/religious killings and mayhem? Only certain people are above comments, jokes, rudeness, or the usual internet crap and even speech must be censored, sites should be banned, objects (even symbols) banned- to protect only own group's feelings?
Weird.

Nobody I don't deny that the NDSAP's genocide of the Jews or the evil plans. I also, actually, support the idea of Israel but, interestingly, many of the Israel supporters and Jewish people, here and in Europe, demand that our countries have open-borders, accept all immigrants, etc? Why the double-standard?

ps: I don't deny that some 'leftist' or 'rightist' types take up the Palestinian cause, or the "banker bad guys," use it to cloak their antisemitism (again, Arabs are Semites but, whatever, I will use the parlance of our times) but many of the 'leftists' and 'rightist' types are Jewish- so it cuts both ways. There is many a neo-con and/or Christian who is more 'pro-Israel' than some Israelis (often for odd purposes though.)

Value Of Pi

Quote from: albrecht on February 12, 2016, 07:18:11 PM
Nobody I don't deny the Holocaust(s), actually there have been many but, for just one other example, the President and many countries deny there was one of Christians (primarily Armenians but also Greeks and others) in Turkey. Yet it hardly gets a mention and, as I said people like Obama won't even call it so. I'm not sure why Christians, Muslims, Homosexuals, Straight people, Males, Females, (or basically anyone) can be criticized, made fun of, or had their history reviewed. Christians, white men, rednecks, and dads (of any 'type') in particular can be ridiculed etc. What ever event in human history is beyond any historical criticism, or even satire or outright 'conspiracy theory' or derision? And why, until recently but even now, is it only one "type" of Hitler etc evil plan to exterminate celebrated when he also wanted to wipe out Slavs, Gypsies (Roma,) homosexuals (unless they were NAZI which, in some cases, allowed to stay?) The Muslim expansion into the Indian subcontinent killed far, far more people. Stalin killed far more people. The Cultural Revolution. Who knows? The Mongols? Heck, ask some 'Indians' (in N or S American how they've had it.) We can make fun of Attila the Hun (Hey- even makes good propaganda in war times to call some nationalities Huns!) Heck most of human history is about, sadly, tribes (not using 'tribe' in the non-goyim sense) conquering and killing others, often destroying whole cultures and civilizations (or merging with them.) Ukrainians? Armenians? Greek? Heck even Germans post-war in what would become Soviet Bloc? Cambodians? Slavs? Irish famine and wars? And what of Africa, which I hardly mentioned, because, frankly and sadly, nobody does seem to care. They've had genocides and even today have much ethnic/racial/religious killings and mayhem? Only certain people are above comments, jokes, rudeness, or the usual internet crap and even speech must be censored to protect their feelings only? Weird.

Nobody I don't deny that the NDSAP's genocide of the Jews or the evil plans. I also, actually, support the idea of Israel but, interestingly, many of the Israel supporters and Jewish people, here and in Europe, demand that our countries have open-borders, accept all immigrants, etc? Why the double-standard?

ps: I don't deny that some 'leftist' or 'rightist' types take up the Palestinian cause, or the "banker bad guys," use it to cloak their antisemitism (again, Arabs are Semites but, whatever, I will use the parlance of our times) but many of the 'leftists' and 'rightist' types are Jewish- so it cuts both ways. There is many a neo-con and/or Christian who is more 'pro-Israel' than some Israelis (often for odd purposes though.)

Your whole post, in 25 words or less, is: What makes the Jews and the Holocaust so special?

If you want answers, there's been a ton of stuff written addressing every aspect of this question by people much smarter than me. You seem well-read so I'm not sure why you wouldn't have already found these answers and either accepted them or not.

If you're asking the question the way the Iranians do, the guys who have their own conference on the Holocaust (complete with cartoon competition) every year, you can find a whole different set of answers.

Either way, there's not much that I personally can explain to you or convince you of, when so much material is out there. You already have the tools to find the answers you're after.

The Internet, with its "anything goes" ethos, is an environment where anti-Semitism can spread easily. Among other factors, you have idiots like Jackstar who think it's funny, cool or no big deal to post the kind of image he posted. This is the type who not only don't know where the line is, but don't really understand why there is a line. (Or why guys should pee in the toilet instead of the shower, for that matter.)

the ancient greeks would have understood the internet very well...

Jackstar

Quote from: Value Of Pi on February 12, 2016, 07:48:28 PM
there's not much that I personally can explain to you or convince you of

That has a lot to do with you not being very intelligent or educated.

albrecht

Quote from: Value Of Pi on February 12, 2016, 07:48:28 PM
Your whole post, in 25 words or less, is: What makes the Jews and the Holocaust so special?

If you want answers, there's been a ton of stuff written addressing every aspect of this question by people much smarter than me. You seem well-read so I'm not sure why you wouldn't have already found these answers and either accepted them or not.

If you're asking the question the way the Iranians do, the guys who have their own conference on the Holocaust (complete with cartoon competition) every year, you can find a whole different set of answers.

Either way, there's not much that I personally can explain to you or convince you of, when so much material is out there. You already have the tools to find the answers you're after.
Touche'. You are correct in your summary, and good job on make it more concise. I don't see why any people should be considered better than others or that certain deaths, tortures, etc are weighed more than others. Religious doctrine aside, why are some people 'chosen' for special handling? To me, any individual death, etc is just as tragic as the others. Simply because some people have, now, their own country again, many others don't by the way, (as an aside is "Jewish" a religion, a citizenship, or a race....because, depending on the situation, either can be used, or all, or a combination of either  :o.) But I definitely understand the offense and don't think the Holocaust should be denied and never have done so, actually, I think nobody or group should be made fun of or criticized on the internet or otherwise, unless warranted. Make it illegal? No. Likewise anything should be historically studied- even by the crazies or conspiracy crowd. Or, as popular the past decades, by revisionists etc with regard to much of American and European history (Western Civ is always the bad guy these days.) If anything special sanctions could lead to even worse thoughts (and actions.) No, I support free speech, even when offensive. That doesn't mean it SHOULD be done in all cases, like any other right- simply because you have it doesn't mean one needs to practice it in all situations. There should be something about thinking of other's feelings, common sense and decorum. (I don't like "FUCK YOU" t-shirts even but not going to make it illegal, just wish people had more decency and thoughts for others.) Of course, this doesn't apply to this site, or any site, but public speech. MV etc has the right to ban, censor, etc whatever he wishes. But in public, as in so many countries, free speech shouldn't be curtailed- particularly if ONLY for certain speech, symbols, or whatever for only one "chosen" group.

To lighten up the thread (was youtubing other stuff and saw this, Mitchell and Webb are hilarious but found this linked to their older skits,) my point made in a more funny way. Over a period of time, suddenly or slowly, atrocities become fodder for jokes or just accepted as "oh well."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJqEKYbh-LU

Value Of Pi

Quote from: albrecht on February 12, 2016, 09:51:18 PM
Touche'. You are correct in your summary, and good job on make it more concise. I don't see why any people should be considered better than others or that certain deaths, tortures, etc are weighed more than others. Religious doctrine aside, why are some people 'chosen' for special handling? To me, any individual death, etc is just as tragic as the others. Simply because some people have, now, their own country again, many others don't by the way, (as an aside is "Jewish" a religion, a citizenship, or a race....because, depending on the situation, either can be used, or all, or a combination of either  :o.) But I definitely understand the offense and don't think the Holocaust should be denied and never have done so, actually, I think nobody or group should be made fun of or criticized on the internet or otherwise, unless warranted. Make it illegal? No. Likewise anything should be historically studied- even by the crazies or conspiracy crowd. Or, as popular the past decades, by revisionists etc with regard to much of American and European history (Western Civ is always the bad guy these days.) If anything special sanctions could lead to even worse thoughts (and actions.) No, I support free speech, even when offensive. That doesn't mean it SHOULD be done in all cases, like any other right- simply because you have it doesn't mean one needs to practice it in all situations. There should be something about thinking of other's feelings, common sense and decorum. (I don't like "FUCK YOU" t-shirts even but not going to make it illegal, just wish people had more decency and thoughts for others.) Of course, this doesn't apply to this site, or any site, but public speech. MV etc has the right to ban, censor, etc whatever he wishes. But in public, as in so many countries, free speech shouldn't be curtailed- particularly if ONLY for certain speech, symbols, or whatever for only one "chosen" group.

To lighten up the thread (was youtubing other stuff and saw this, Mitchell and Webb are hilarious but found this linked to their older skits,) my point made in a more funny way. Over a period of time, suddenly or slowly, atrocities become fodder for jokes or just accepted as "oh well."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJqEKYbh-LU

There is more misunderstanding in the world regarding religion than anything else, I'd say. Some things, though, aren't debatable as facts. Judaism is a religion, not a nationality or a race. Some people might think of it otherwise, but that doesn't make them correct.

In a way, it's also an ethnicity, but if you got an American Jew, Israeli Jew, Russian Jew and Ethiopian Jew in the same room, you'd have a very different bunch of people who might or might not even share similar spiritual beliefs, depending on whether they were religious people. They would have some common identity, based on a certain amount of shared history and tradition going back to the time of Moses and before.

The whole "chosen" idea has Biblical origins and is a religious idea that like a lot things has been misperceived and perverted into a reason for one group of people to hate another. The idea of one life or one person being worth more than another is no more Jewish than it is Roman, Chinese or Byzantine. That misconception has been embraced by many groups throughout history, and probably less by the Jews than most others.

The history of anti-Semitism and the reasons why there is such extraordinary attention paid to a historical event like the Holocaust are very big subjects that fill volumes. It's not something I would attempt to explain from scratch in an Internet forum. But anybody who wants to understand these things (as say, background to the Israel-Palestinian conflict) should be able to.

I don't see the sensitivity people have on this subject as primarily some kind of free speech issue -- any more than it is with that bunch of religious nuts who like to disrupt military funerals. Sure, you can say almost anything, but the reason why most people wouldn't behave this way has nothing to do with the law or the Constitution. There are other rules governing human behavior in society. Also, I think it is possible to abuse any of our constitutional rights, and doing so often weakens them more than it strengthens them.

Quote from: Jackstar on February 13, 2016, 03:38:10 PM

Some of the Armenian communities out here in LA have put up billboards reminding people of the Armenian Genocide out on major Hollywood streets.
There was an "Anatolia Festival" at a local Fairgrounds and the Armenians bought out all the billboards surrounding the fairgrounds parking lot and put up their signs so when you were driving in to park you were forced to look at them.

Quote from: bateman on February 15, 2016, 05:37:13 PM
University tells students to report 'incidents of discomfort' to campus police

Title IX has become a joke. I know, I know I'm a sexist, racist pig, not! TItle IX was orignially implemented to help women and minorities have an equal opertunity at the college level. That's all well and good, but 40 years later; the atmosphere and college landscape is drastically different. Soon, women will make up 70% of college students in the United States. My point is, all we hear from the MSM is how "bad" women/minorities have it on campus. Okay. That could be true. In every case? Most cases? Some cases? A few cases? The narrative of attaching one person's aweful experience, then projecting that individual experience, into a commonplace shared one. Example: One woman is assaulted on campus, suddenly becomes "ALL" women. That's the slippery slope we're currently on. Title IX is extremely vulnerable to abuse due to the vaguely worded legal language. A single accusation of sexual assault can ruin a male or female academic career. Government funded universities have a vested interest to act on behalf of the accuser--Money. Universities don't want the government to suspend their federal funding. Bluntly, it's easier to trample on individual student rights, opposed to facing an investigation. That's just regarding alleged sexual assault. Student's are abusing the spirit of Title IX all over the country. It's ridiculous. College is now a "safe space" and glorified daycare. *sigh*

Discuss.

ItsOver

Quote from: rekcuf on February 15, 2016, 07:04:01 PM
You reported our safe space???  :'( :'( :'(
There's always that new site.  I hear it's nice and cozy and it won't offend our tender sensibilities.

Quote from: ItsOver on February 16, 2016, 04:34:21 PM
There's always that new site.  I hear it's nice and cozy and it won't offend our tender sensibilities.

Thank the maker! I can't deal with any sort of discomfort.   :)

bateman

White students undergo weekly ‘deconstructing whiteness’ program at Northwestern University

Quote“Students applying for the program are required to commit to attend all six sessions, seemingly preventing students from abandoning the program if they don’t like it or feel uncomfortable,” the Caller reports.

The Death Camp of Tolerance is real at Northwestern University.

albrecht

Quote from: bateman on February 18, 2016, 08:59:23 PM
http://dailycaller.com/2016/02/05/prof-bans-students-from-saying-husband-or-wife-because-its-not-inclusive/
Believe-It-or-Not several States and countries have been wasting tax-payer money rewriting their laws and regulations to eliminate gender for sometime. Because things like "fishermen," for example, in some arcane fishing regulatory manner might be offensive. Penmanship is also verboten. I'm just waiting for the clever attorney to get their female poacher "off" the charges because the gill net, or whatever, she used was ok because the law was only for "fishermen."
Just one example:
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-gender-neutral-idUSBRE93M00V20130423

Value Of Pi

Quote from: bateman on February 18, 2016, 08:59:23 PM
http://dailycaller.com/2016/02/05/prof-bans-students-from-saying-husband-or-wife-because-its-not-inclusive/

I would love to point out to the professor that telling her to go fuck herself would, first and foremost, violate her inclusivity rules. It might also offend her for other reasons but then I would point out that her likely response (failing me in the course) would grossly offend me if I were, in fact, her student.

We could then have a "Who's More Offended?" contest which she would, of course, win. I would still send her this post, with all the shes and hers, and it would all be fun and worthwhile in the end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mISSV--OFEU

This comes from one of the most provocative street preachers in the world but still... something bright and cheery to look forward to.

albrecht

Quote from: VoteQuimby on February 19, 2016, 10:02:53 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mISSV--OFEU

This comes from one of the most provocative street preachers in the world but still... something bright and cheery to look forward to.
Yeah and the West Mall was for decades a 'free speech' place, with some controversy and some vandalism/incidents between/on people's kiosks, etc. But things like the Palestinian stuff, anti-abortion photos/signs, preachers, commies, blacktivists, "young conversatives," anti-war folks, and homo "kiss ins" were common. I recall even Chabad had a table nearby the Palestinian types. But, now, only certain speech or signage is banned and causing offense is a crime, I guess? Weird world but I'm guessing the charge will be dropped if fought.

Jackstar

Quote from: VoteQuimby on February 19, 2016, 10:02:53 PM
something bright and cheery to look forward to.

"someone was offended... it's our job to make sure that doesn't happen..."

lol. Megalol.

albrecht

Quote from: Jackstar on February 19, 2016, 10:08:35 PM
"someone was offended... it's our job to make sure that doesn't happen..."

lol. Megalol.
He is lucky. Unlike the girl jogger a while back right across the street from there. Or, worse, just recently the 17 yrd old male black who, naked and presumably high or disturbed but haven't had anything details released, was shot and killed by police. Unarmed and NAKED so hard to even conceal anything to be a threat. (Though that was in another more suspect neighborhood but still?)
http://www.rawstory.com/2014/02/austin-police-drag-jogger-to-car-screaming-after-jaywalking-without-id/

http://keyetv.com/news/local/naked-man-shot-by-apd-officer-was-unarmed

Jackstar

Quote from: albrecht on February 19, 2016, 10:13:28 PM
http://www.rawstory.com/2014/02/austin-police-drag-jogger-to-car-screaming-after-jaywalking-without-id/

That one is a bad example, because that ridiculous narcissist almost certainly deserved to be booked.

Quote“I didn’t do anything wrong,” she shouts. “I didn’t do anything wrong. I didn’t fucking do anything wrong. I just crossed the street.”

Crossed the street... against traffic, while wearing headphones, without ID. Brilliant. Who gave her shoes?