• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Sports Kneelers

Started by Zenman, September 24, 2017, 02:09:25 AM

Zetaspeak

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on September 30, 2017, 05:47:06 PM
Its on FOX, it must be true!  ::)  Like they said pizzagate was true and later retracted that story. Because it wasn't true.  ;D

If things are so I wonder if Fox is willing to give up the rights for the rest of the season and replace it with 80's and 90s mediocre movies like The Rocketeer.

I wonder if the Trumpflakes will be triggered by this scene?

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Zetaspeak on September 30, 2017, 06:54:29 PM
If things are so I wonder if Fox is willing to give up the rights for the rest of the season and replace it with 80's and 90s mediocre movies like The Rocketeer.

I wonder if the Trumpflakes will be triggered by this scene?

Actually I don't think they will. Allow me to explain. Their messiah Trump (May his tribe increase) has never knowingly been ashamed or embarrassed about; or admitted to anything he may have done wrong. In Trumpiverse, anything goes. Including and up to being found out, and this is the trick. In Trumpiverse, you blame someone else (If you're Trump). If he let go of his five iron mid swing and killed someone twenty yards away, it wouldn't be him letting go, it would be the person he hit's fault for being there. You see?

Its why he devolved the very risky responsibility of being the Commander in Chief to the Joint chiefs. The ongoing and increased personnel numbers in Afghanistan will of course bring casualties. Trump will not let himself be the one carrying that particular can.He can now instead (Truthfully-there's a surprise!) say it was the responsibility of the JCs. It won't of course stop him milking the applause when he puts grieving spouses up to grieve for his pleasure, but at least he won't be the one responsible for their grieving.

Gd5150

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on September 30, 2017, 05:47:06 PM
Its on FOX, it must be true!  ::)  Like they said pizzagate was true and later retracted that story. Because it wasn't true.  ;D

Awe the pedofile overcompensating again. Easy tiger, don't want the old country authorities to track you down.

Quote from: 136 or 142 on September 30, 2017, 01:36:03 PM
Yes, I'm aware of that claim.  I wrote about that when I wrote that there has been a likely deliberate attempt to use the NBA code of conduct rules as the NFL code of conduct rules.  I don't normally pay attention to what goes on on my Facebook feed, but one person I'm friends with commented on what I believe was the initial discussion on this and I decided to take a look and read over the discussion for a bit.  One person wrote "check out the NFL code of conduct rules on pages 62-63" and claimed to quote them but did not provide a link.  After awhile, somebody else did provide a link, and wrote "I've checked the NFL code of conduct rules on pages 62-63 and they say no such thing." 

Then another person wrote in and said "I've checked the entire NFL code of conduct rules and nowhere do they say any such thing."  And finally another person commented "those are the NBA code of conduct rules and that is what they say on pages 62-63."

So, sorry, those aren't the NFL code of conduct rules...

I just skimmed through the NFL Rulebook - which includes rules of conduct - and I didn't see a thing about players not being allowed to beat up their wives and girlfriends (at least in public, on camera, or in front of reporters) or any number of things they've been suspended for lately. 

http://operations.nfl.com/the-rules/2017-nfl-rulebook/ 

So the teams and the League must have additional lattitude.  One must be forgiven for thinking that doing the bidding of the violent thuggish Black Lives Matter hate group while in uniform would be subject to discipline.

Since BLM and these players are ultimately attacking the police, it would be fantastic if the police unions and the military decided they a) would no longer provide security for the games, either as off-duty officers moonlighting, or as part of regular police duty, b) the police and military woujld no longer participate in the pre-game anthem or flag ceremonies, and c) that the local police unions would picket the games.

Let's see which players, broadcastors, reporters, referees, stadium employees, food delivery, and fans would be willing to cross picket lines.  And let the country know that anyone watchng the games or patronizing the sponsors would be considered to be disrespecting the picket lines as well.  Let's see how that goes.  You know, free sheech, unity, and all that.

Hog

Quote from: GravitySucks on September 30, 2017, 02:29:17 PM
Глупый мальчик. Вы всегда путаете ФСБ с ГРУ.
Oh Gravity, you made me laugh out loud and I woke the dog up, now she's giving me the "stink eye".

peace
Hog

GravitySucks

Quote from: Hog on September 30, 2017, 09:40:03 PM
Oh Gravity, you made me laugh out loud and I woke the dog up, now she's giving me the "stink eye".

peace
Hog

Ha здоровье
😎

136 or 142

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on September 30, 2017, 06:49:36 PM

Well, in that case they can go beat each other senseless and give each other brain damage.  Play on.

As far as the polls about Trump, first I'd say it's cute you still trust the polls put out by the Fake News Media.  You do realize they have an agenda, aren't shy about publishing dishonest fake polls, fake statistics, and heavily biased ''news reports'', right?  Since there is no way to verify their polling claims, I think we can safely disregard this.

Second, I think Obama reinforced the idea that that a president can do whatever he wants, as the only recourse is Impeachent and removal, and neither party is going to vote for removal.  Lawsuits challenging their actions, if they aren't thrown out or the plaintiff denied standing, can take years. 

We warned his supporters he was establishing precedent and that someday a president they didn't like would also go well beyond the powers of his office, but they didn't seem to give a hoot.  So now you want to trot out some minor law Trump's supposedly breaking (even though that is far from clear)?  And we're supposed to be what, upset about it?  Really?

Well, it's been a blast having a conversation with you.  But, as always your idiocy breaks down into: Republicans - good, Democrats - bad.

So, you can respond to this if you want, but otherwise I'll just go back to our agreement.

BTW, if you violate this agreement, I'll post your replies to me on a much more serious political discussion site than this, and a whole bunch of people there and I will laugh at you and your comments, and I'll post the best comments from those posters on here.

Quote from: 136 or 142 on October 01, 2017, 01:09:17 AM
Well, it's been a blast having a conversation with you.  But, as always your idiocy breaks down into: Republicans - good, Democrats - bad.

So, you can respond to this if you want, but otherwise I'll just go back to our agreement.

BTW, if you violate this agreement, I'll post your replies to me on a much more serious political discussion site than this, and a whole bunch of people there and I will laugh at you and your comments, and I'll post the best comments from those posters on here.

And where would that be, loonydate.com?  If you think you need help, go for it. 

Beware of heavily moderated ''progressive''-fascist only forums though, they are used to being in their bubble where everyone agrees with each other, and don't so so well in the real world.

136 or 142

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on September 30, 2017, 09:34:45 PM

I just skimmed through the NFL Rulebook - which includes rules of conduct - and I didn't see a thing about players not being allowed to beat up their wives and girlfriends (at least in public, on camera, or in front of reporters) or any number of things they've been suspended for lately. 

http://operations.nfl.com/the-rules/2017-nfl-rulebook/ 

So the teams and the League must have additional lattitude.  One must be forgiven for thinking that doing the bidding of the violent thuggish Black Lives Matter hate group while in uniform would be subject to discipline.

Since BLM and these players are ultimately attacking the police, it would be fantastic if the police unions and the military decided they a) would no longer provide security for the games, either as off-duty officers moonlighting, or as part of regular police duty, b) the police and military woujld no longer participate in the pre-game anthem or flag ceremonies, and c) that the local police unions would picket the games.

Let's see which players, broadcastors, reporters, referees, stadium employees, food delivery, and fans would be willing to cross picket lines.  And let the country know that anyone watchng the games or patronizing the sponsors would be considered to be disrespecting the picket lines as well.  Let's see how that goes.  You know, free sheech, unity, and all that.

In the interest of having factual correct posts here, once again I have to suspend our agreement to correct you.  Again, I will refrain from giving an opinion:

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/photo/2017/08/11/0ap3000000828506.pdf

It is not enough simply to avoid being found guilty of a crime. We are all held to a higher standard
and must conduct ourselves in a way that is responsible, promotes the values of the NFL, and is lawful.
Players convicted of a crime or subject to a disposition of a criminal proceeding (as defined in this
Policy) are subject to discipline. But even if the conduct does not result in a criminal conviction, players
found to have engaged in any of the following conduct will be subject to discipline. Prohibited conduct
includes but is not limited to the following:
 Actual or threatened physical violence against another person, including dating violence,
domestic violence, child abuse, and other forms of family violence;
 Assault and/or battery, including sexual assault or other sex offenses;

Leave with Pay â€" A player may be placed on paid administrative leave pursuant to the
Commissioner Exempt List under either of the following circumstances:
First, when a player is formally charged with a crime of violence, meaning that he is accused of having
used physical force or a weapon to injure or threaten another person, of having engaged in a sexual
assault by force or a sexual assault of a person who was incapable of giving consent, of having engaged
in other conduct that poses a genuine danger to the safety or well-being of another person, or of having
engaged in animal abuse.

I am aware that several players have filed lawsuits over some aspects of these rules, I don't follow the NFL all that closely, so I don't know exactly what happened.  It may be that players who were still under criminal investigation were suspended, but I believe this code book mentions the NFL can also conduct its own investigation into these matters.

Quote from: 136 or 142 on October 01, 2017, 01:22:01 AM
In the interest of having factual correct posts here, once again I have to suspend our agreement to correct you.  Again, I will refrain from giving an opinion...

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/photo/2017/08/11/0ap3000000828506.pdf

Well, here is the second paragraph from your link.  Thanks for doing the research and proving my point:

''... Conduct by anyone in the league that is illegal, violent, dangerous, or irresponsible puts innocent victims at risk, damages the reputation of others in the game, and undercuts public respect and support for the NFL. We must endeavor at all times to be people of high character; we must show respect for others inside and outside our workplace; and we must strive to conduct ourselves in ways that favorably reflect on ourselves, our teams, the communities we represent, and the NFL...''

''... undercuts public respect and support for the NFL...'' It seems pretty clear the players have violated this, whether a person agrees with them or not, or believes they have a right to protest while in uniform or not.

''... show respect for others inside and outside our workplace...''.   Many feel disrespected by the players, and their stated intent is to show disrespect for the police.

''...conduct ourselves in ways that favorably reflect on ourselves, our teams, the communities we represent, and the NFL...''.  They sure haven't been seen by the majority as conducting themselves in a way that reflects favorably on them, their teams, or the league.  It simply can't be argued that they have.

I suppose these can all be twisted into something subjective, but a fair reading - and to most of the country - it's pretty clear this is not being followed.  Trump is right, the owners are afraid of the players, and of offending the BLM supporters among the fans.  They are in a box of their own making, for not shutting it down immediately.

136 or 142

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on October 01, 2017, 01:46:20 AM
Well, here is the second paragraph from your link.  Thanks for doing the research and proving my point:

''... Conduct by anyone in the league that is illegal, violent, dangerous, or irresponsible puts innocent victims at risk, damages the reputation of others in the game, and undercuts public respect and support for the NFL. We must endeavor at all times to be people of high character; we must show respect for others inside and outside our workplace; and we must strive to conduct ourselves in ways that favorably reflect on ourselves, our teams, the communities we represent, and the NFL...''

''... undercuts public respect and support for the NFL...'' It seems pretty clear the players have violated this, whether a person agrees with them or not, or believes they have a right to protest while in uniform or not.

''... show respect for others inside and outside our workplace...''.   Many feel disrespected by the players, and their stated intent is to show disrespect for the police.

''...conduct ourselves in ways that favorably reflect on ourselves, our teams, the communities we represent, and the NFL...''.  They sure haven't been seen by the majority as conducting themselves in a way that reflects favorably on them, their teams, or the league.  It simply can't be argued that they have.

I guess these can all be subjective, but to most of the country it's pretty clear this is not being followed.  Trump is right, the owners are afraid of the players, and of offending the BLM supporters among the fans.  They are in a box of their own making, for not shutting it down immediately.

One is a specific reference, the other, as you wrote, is subjective.  These rules here would be subject to negotiation between the league management and the player's union on whether it applies to any specific situation.  As is the case with free speech, which this is since there is no specific rule preventing this (and the NFL code of conduct also mentions the league respecting the player's free speech rights even when they are in their job situation), you (and even President Trump) have no right to not be offended by anybody else's (including NFL players) exercise of their freedom of speech.

As to your analysis, community isn't defined and at no time does this code mention anything about a 'majority of people.'  So again, this would have to be negotiated between the league and its players through its union.  The league itself doesn't seem interested in disciplining its players over this and so there is nothing to negotiate and as a private entity, it is free to make that choice.

You have every right to boycott the NFL and its sponsors, but, that's up to you, and you really don't need to post about it over and over again in order to virtue signal (though you are also free to do so, whether the President is allowed to or not, depends on whether he violated the law on this matter or not.)

I also point out, as was the case with Google (over that, conservatives seemed to be of the belief that Google's employee had every right to absolute freedom of  speech) and before that with the play Hamilton, that many people claim they are going to boycott something, but never actually do it.  So, that's the cheap and easy virtue signalling. 

Gd5150

Mr cynical Bill Burr rips the NFL a new ass. Last year it was the stupid ass "no more" ads
In which crying actors and wife beaters told us hitting women was bad. No $hit, look in the mirror wife beaters. What a laugher.

https://youtu.be/gPjice_twoY

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Gd5150 on October 01, 2017, 08:52:29 AM
Mr cynical Bill Burr rips the NFL a new ass. Last year it was the stupid ass "no more" ads
In which crying actors and wife beaters told us hitting women was bad. No $hit, look in the mirror wife beaters. What a laugher.

Have you done the research on how many domestic abusers kneel when the SSB is played? And of those how many are NFL players. Look also into how many wife abusers play n train sims...oh wait. Scratch that, they live alone and look through the gaps in curtains at the next door neighbours.  :-\

Quote from: 136 or 142 on October 01, 2017, 01:09:17 AM
Well, it's been a blast having a conversation with you.  But, as always your idiocy breaks down into: Republicans - good, Democrats - bad...

I know it must seem like that for someone on the spectrum who only sees in black and white, and who relies on the pretend media for his information rather than his own personal observations and common sense.

What it really breaks down into is:  against more government expansion - unless it's abundantly necessary on a convincing case by case basis; and standing against the ''Progressive'' hate groups taking violence to the streets and interfering with the rights of others.

How can any reasonable person believe we need MORE government interference in our lives and in our society, and how can any reasonable person believe this is such a terrible place that street violence is necessary or desirable?   

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on October 01, 2017, 09:18:17 AM
Have you done the research on how many domestic abusers kneel when the SSB is played? And of those how many are NFL players...

Yes, all the NFL criminals and ghetto rats have joined in the disrespect for the police. 

136 or 142

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on October 01, 2017, 05:53:42 PM
I know it must seem like that for someone on the spectrum who only sees in black and white, and who relies on the pretend media for his information rather than his own personal observations and common sense.

What it really breaks down into is:  against more government expansion - unless it's abundantly necessary on a convincing case by case basis; and standing against the ''Progressive'' hate groups taking violence to the streets and interfering with the rights of others.

How can any reasonable person believe we need MORE government interference in our lives and in our society, and how can any reasonable person believe this is such a terrible place that street violence is necessary or desirable?

Again, keeping my opinions to a minimum, and if you stick to answering my question, I will refrain from replying:

You asked: "How can any reasonable person believe we need MORE government interference in our lives and in our society?

But, that's exactly my point:  Why did Trump comment on the actions of these professional athletes and their private employers at all and why are you supporting his big government interference in the lives of these private citizens and their private employers? 

So, I refrain from offering my opinion as to what I think of your support for Trump here vs. what you've written in this post, and I refrain from offering my opinion as to why I think Trump commented.

albrecht

Kneeling in many cases used to be a gesture of supplication towards someone/thing or something of respect. Why not "spin" the situation and say that these, primarily, militant black millionaires (on paper or by contract) players who do so as being MORE supportive of the country, and the symbol of the flag?) They are kneeling, pledging fealty, and respect towards same? (Sort of how Obama would bow to various and sundry dictators and Muslim potentates or as in many religions, including Obamas, where one kneels or even scraps to the ground in prayer and supplication?) That could cause, at least, some fun and confusion.

Quote from: 136 or 142 on October 01, 2017, 08:15:53 PM
Again, keeping my opinions to a minimum, and if you stick to answering my question, I will refrain from replying:

You asked: "How can any reasonable person believe we need MORE government interference in our lives and in our society?

But, that's exactly my point:  Why did Trump comment on the actions of these professional athletes and their private employers at all and why are you supporting his big government interference in the lives of these private citizens and their private employers? 

So, I refrain from offering my opinion as to what I think of your support for Trump here vs. what you've written in this post, and I refrain from offering my opinion as to why I think Trump commented.

I can remember at least a couple times flag burnng by left-wing protest groups erupted into a huge issue, including calls for a Constitutional Amemdment to ban it.

What I don't recall is whether the president(s) or any other public officials at the time made public comments, and if so whether they were told it was inappropriate for them to do so.   I'm guessing some did, and it wasn't even an issue that they did so.

GravitySucks

Quote from: albrecht on October 01, 2017, 08:46:29 PM
Kneeling in many cases used to be a gesture of supplication towards someone/thing or something of respect. Why not "spin" the situation and say that these, primarily, militant black millionaires (on paper or by contract) players who do so as being MORE supportive of the country, and the symbol of the flag?) They are kneeling, pledging fealty, and respect towards same? (Sort of how Obama would bow to various and sundry dictators and Muslim potentates or as in many religions, including Obamas, where one kneels or even scraps to the ground in prayer and supplication?) That could cause, at least, some fun and confusion.

Trump could get it to stop by thanking them for genuflecting to him.

albrecht

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on October 01, 2017, 08:47:29 PM
I can remember at least a couple times flag burnng by left-wing protest groups grew into a huge issues, including calls for a Constitutional Amemdment to ban it.

What I don't remember is whether the president(s) or any other public officials at the time made public comments, and if so whether they were told it was inappropriate for them to do so.
What I can't, and still don't, understand is why burning a Flag (or anything, like a Cross, bra, or draftcard for another 'protected' examples) is legal in public. WTF? Certainly public safety and fire-laws would preempt whatever 'speech' that is? When is setting fires in public, in a city, etc legal? In many places you can't even burn your leaves or, in some places in Cali, even have a fire in your BBQ or FIREPLACE- or do fireworks even on the 4th of July- but it is legal to burn stuff like flags etc on public streets, parks, etc?

Quote from: GravitySucks on October 01, 2017, 08:49:03 PM
Trump could get it to stop by thanking them for genuflecting to him.

Not to expose secrets, but why would he want it to stop - it's only hurting the league and the Ds (who are seen as supporting all these America bashing protests, including this one)?

136 or 142

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on October 01, 2017, 08:47:29 PM
I can remember at least a couple times flag burnng by left-wing protest groups erupted into a huge issue, including calls for a Constitutional Amemdment to ban it.

What I don't recall is whether the president(s) or any other public officials at the time made public comments, and if so whether they were told it was inappropriate for them to do so.   I'm guessing some did, and it wasn't even an issue that they did so.

If a widespread group of individuals started making petitions for a Constitutional Amendment to ban flag burning, then the President, in his role in as overseer of the Constitution, would be expected to respond, though it would not be a requirement. 

Presidential oath:
"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

Of course, for the issue of the need of a Constitutional Amendment to ban flag burning, it would also be necessary for an Administration official (hopefully the Attorney General)  to comment on flag burning, by either disagreeing that the First Amendment protects it, or by agreeing.

In this case, nobody, not even you, has claimed that what the NFL players and the NFL is doing is illegal and nobody is proposing a Constitutional Amendment (at least no widespread group of people) to mandate paying 'respect' to the U.S flag or the U.S national anthem.

So, sorry, this example you gave is a false analogy.

Of course, it may also be the case the reason you can't remember a President getting involved in things even like this is because President's prior to Trump did not go out of their way to make a Presidential issue out of essentially private societal matters.  (Flag burning, according to the U.S Supreme Court, is a private matter, a Constitutional Amendment to ban flag burning is a public matter.)

Finally, of course, looking back into what prior Administrations may or may not have done is hardly an explanation for how you can claim to be for a limited role for government, at the same time as agreeing with President Trump involving himself in what is clearly not a Presidential issue.  So 'they did it too!' or 'he started it!' really doesn't wash as an explanation or as a justification for Trump's behavior.

So the fact that some were calling for a Constitutional Amendment for one but not the other makes them completely unrelated? 

Not the part about both situations sparking a national debate over public displays of disrespect for our national symbols?

136 or 142

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on October 01, 2017, 09:45:33 PM
So the fact that some were calling for a Constitutional Amendment for one but not the other makes them completely unrelated? 

Not the part about both situations sparking a national debate over public displays of disrespect for our national symbols?

1.Is Trump really a 'small government' person that you claim you want as President if he engages in the debate over whether national symbols were disrespected or not?

2.It was Trump who sparked the debate.  There was no debate until he opened his big mouth in areas that you earlier seemed to claim you don't want Presidents to get into.

Quote from: 136 or 142 on October 01, 2017, 11:06:57 PM
1.Is Trump really a 'small government' person that you claim you want as President if he engages in the debate over whether national symbols were disrespected or not?...

So far.  Do you see him creating some vast agency to cover it, or even legislation?

136 or 142

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on October 02, 2017, 12:22:08 AM
So far.  Do you see him creating some vast agency to cover it, or even legislation?

No, but he seems to be getting closer to making threats against the NFL or the players over this which would be a crime.

So, just to make clear: you have no problem with any President commenting on anything at any time?

Quote from: 136 or 142 on October 01, 2017, 11:06:57 PM
... 2.It was Trump who sparked the debate.  There was no debate until he opened his big mouth in areas that you earlier seemed to claim you don't want Presidents to get into.

You know, the media didn't have to cover Colon Kapernick sitting down for the National Anthem, asking him about it endlessly, providing updates.  He was minding his own business until someone noticed it, and it went ''virol''.

Same thing with Trump.  Somehow much of the content of his speeches is omitted from coverage, yet the comment about the NFL players made the news. 

I guess it's good that more people are actually paying attention to what goes on in DC now, parsing everything being reported about the president's conduct and commentary.  Unfortunately it's still filtered by a main stream media that is all in for the Ds.

136 or 142

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on October 02, 2017, 12:33:53 AM
You know, the media didn't have to cover Colon Kapernick sitting down for the National Anthem, asking him about it endlessly, providing updates.  He was minding his own business until someone noticed it, and it went ''virol''.

Same thing with Trump.  Somehow much of the content of his speeches is omitted from coverage, yet the comment about the NFL players made the news. 

I guess it's good that more people are actually paying attention to what goes on in DC now, parsing everything being reported about the president's conduct and commentary.  Unfortunately it's still filtered by a main stream media that is all in for the Ds.

Are you claiming Trump didn't want or expect that part of his speech to be covered?