• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No
Why interview a theologian who will provide an objective, scholarly interpretation of The Bible, when you can get an eminent professor from the university Jerry Falwell founded?

NoMoreNoory

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on December 24, 2014, 01:15:49 AM
Why interview a theologian who will provide an objective, scholarly interpretation of The Bible, when you can get an eminent professor from the university Jerry Falwell founded?

Good spot, RG's G!

He just said no equivalent figure claims a resurrection. Really? They're commonplace in the pre-Christian world. Dionysus, Horus, Mithras just for starters.

Quote from: Major Ed Damien on December 24, 2014, 12:35:48 AM
"Professor, back when I was investing in a restaurant here in St. Louis, a friend of mine asked me to invest in his cheese shop in Israel.  He wanted to call it Cheeses of Nazareth, but I was afraid of being struck by a boulder of lightening so I didn't do this.  Is cheese still popular in Israel?"

Cheeses of Nazareth?  Hey, that's one of Ian Plummet's old bad puns ("ehhh, heh, heh, heh, ahhh, ha, ha, ha..").

Clarence Darrow, the famous atheist trial attorney, once said:  "I don't believe in God because I don't believe in Mother Goose."

On a trip to the Holy Land, an Arab boatman offered to row Darrow and his wife to the place where Jesus walked on the water.

"How much do you want?" asked Darrow.

"Twenty dollars," said the Arab.

"Hell, no wonder he walked," said Darrow.

Quote from: Paper*Boy on December 24, 2014, 01:21:17 AM
Cheeses of Nazareth?  Hey, that's one of Ian Plummet's old bad puns (ehhh, heh, heh, heh, ahhh, ha, ha, ha).

He was reading my tweet on the air that night.

Wait, my bad.  Some caller came up with that one and Ian - never one pleased to be upstaged - pretended he didn't think it was funny.

You know good and well after the show ended he inserted it into every conversation he had for the next two weeks.

They're still reminiscing about their childhoods in Detroit?  At the start of the show it was five minutes of "You were born in Michigan?  I was born in Detroit!  Oh what street?"  Just now, an hour later it was "You went to the University of Detroit?  So did I!  What year were you there?" for another few minutes.

That's just damned good radio.

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on December 24, 2014, 01:25:29 AM
... "You went to the University of Detroit?  So did I!  What year were you there?" for another few minutes...

Not just University of Detroit. 

University of Detroit - Mercy.  Too bad the merciful didn't consider those Noory would affect (infect?) downstream

Quote from: Paper*Boy on December 24, 2014, 01:25:00 AM
Wait, my bad.  Some caller came up with that one and Ian - never one pleased to be upstaged - pretended he didn't think it was funny.

You know good and well after the show ended he inserted it into every conversation he had for the next two weeks.

I thought that was almost certainly a plant.  That caller got in twice that night and Ian set him up perfectly, and.. like you said.. that's classic Ian comedy right there.

NoMoreNoory

Joorch says there are too many Coast Insiders to count. Really? We can keep a reasonable tally of the population of the planet, but not the number of Insiders. Is PremRat so incompetent they don't keep a record of membership? Or just too embarrassed to admit how few there are?

Quote from: NoMoreNoory on December 24, 2014, 01:39:56 AM
Joorch says there are too many Coast Insiders to count. Really? We can keep a reasonable tally of the population of the planet, but not the number of Insiders. Is PremRat so incompetent they don't keep a record of membership? Or just too embarrassed to admit how few there are?

George must moonlight as the accountant.  I'm sure the IRS will be fine with that.

Quote from: NoMoreNoory on December 24, 2014, 01:10:53 AM

Historical evidence. Maybe start with the idea that Jesus was born in the reign of King Herod when Caesar called a census. It can be one or the other, but not both. Herod was gone by the time of the census.

Herod the Great died in 4 BCE.  Jesus of Nazareth was born between 6-4 BCE.  So the timing is about right, I'd say.

Quote from: NoMoreNoory on December 24, 2014, 01:20:45 AM

Good spot, RG's G!

He just said no equivalent figure claims a resurrection. Really? They're commonplace in the pre-Christian world. Dionysus, Horus, Mithras just for starters.

Isis?

Quote from: NoMoreNoory on December 24, 2014, 01:39:56 AM
Joorch says there are too many Coast Insiders to count...

He should have taken off his shoes

I love it when George talks about science.

It's the aural version of watching a monkey trying to fuck a football.

George says he has been obsessed with science since he was a child.

He's an obvious liar.  If George has picked up a science book since he was somehow able to squirt out of a third-rate college, I'll be that football-fuckin' monkey's uncle.

George once wrote a a science paper back in college called:

"How I Are Got Science Thingies Stuck in My Brains."

Quote from: Major Ed Damien on December 24, 2014, 02:17:36 AM
I love it when George talks about science.

It's the aural version of watching a monkey trying to fuck a football.

George says he has been obsessed with science since he was a child.

He's an obvious liar.  If George has picked up a science book since he was somehow able to squirt out of a third-rate college, I'll be that football-fuckin' monkey's uncle.

Hell, he doesn't have the intellect to understand science. Shoot, my high school physics class would have been way over his head.  His love of science comes from nothing more than looking through a telescope and saying wow, that's amazing and postulating some theories that only a teenage Hoagland would envy.  Somebody should call in to George and ask him what is the theory of relativity and explain.. He'd probably answer that its the theory that explains how he is related to his kids and vice versa.

Quote from: Dateline on December 24, 2014, 01:08:49 AM
Connie Willis is the clincher for me.  That is a no listen night.   Why am a sooo unhappy with a show that I used to could not wait to listen to, even with Noory?  That may need to have its own thread.

Connie Willis is the worst host of Coast ever.

I'm trying to come up with something along the lines of MENSA that applies to the intellectually challenged 2% of the population that would include our George.  DENSA has already been taken.  I want to relegate it to those in the population who think they are smart but are in fact dumb as dirt.  I have nothing but respect and love for those who are truly challenged with mental handicaps.  I have it.  The SEMEN organization with Noory as head.  Maybe he can be in a James Bond sequel.  You thought SPECTRE was evil, wait until Bond faces SEMEN.   Of course, a movie with George as the bad guy would last all of 5 minutes.  I'll have to think about that.

George:  "I have been a proponent on (sic) getting [power grid protection]."

I are been on George's case about where his grammar has went.

Guests definition of proofiness went something along the lines of 'when you use facts and figures to prove things that you feel in your gut but that aren't true,' after Colbert's truthiness.

I can hardly wait for the Christmas episode of Tommy boy and the G-man.

One of George's ads -- for Paper Gold -- ends with, "Tell 'em George sent ya."

I'm trying to think of what possible circumstances I would ever use words like that.

Maybe if I was trying to get out of North Korean prison, and I heard that Kim Jong-Un was a huge fan of George Noory's program -- in between his bouts of binging on Swiss cheese.

Quote from: 21st Century Man on December 24, 2014, 03:18:10 AM
"....Mogesko, CA?"  Modesto, George.

LOL

His best one of all time was "Bismarck, North Carolina."

Quote from: Major Ed Damien on December 24, 2014, 03:19:04 AM

LOL

His best one of all time was "Bismarck, North Carolina."

It turns out Otto von escaped to North Carolina via submarine in 1898 and is still there impersonating a doctor.

Catsmile

Quote from: 21st Century Man on December 24, 2014, 02:56:03 AM
I'm trying to come up with something along the lines of MENSA that applies to the intellectually challenged 2% of the population that would include our George.  DENSA has already been taken.  I want to relegate it to those in the population who think they are smart but are in fact dumb as dirt.  I have nothing but respect and love for those who are truly challenged with mental handicaps.  I have it.  The SEMEN organization with Noory as head.  Maybe he can be in a James Bond sequel.  You thought SPECTRE was evil, wait until Bond faces SEMEN.   Of course, a movie with George as the bad guy would last all of 5 minutes.  I'll have to think about that.

DQN, short for Dokyun fits the profile ur looking for.