• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

ponyboysunset

Quote from: mv on April 30, 2018, 09:57:30 PM
Let's just say I'm embarrassed to admit.
lmao!!!!! OMG this is why I love this place! Nice job MV Gayle  ;D

bateman

Quote from: IamNegan on May 01, 2018, 05:24:58 AM
For the sake of expediency, here's the text of the email I received at 0706 EDT:

Dear fellow Time Travelers,

I’m sorry to report, that Heather has chosen not to produce a show or provide a capable fill-in host. In addition, she has taken away any chance of us getting our own fill-in host. This makes it impossible to have live shows in the interim, which most of you have requested.

Consequently, MITD is seeking a replacement host, which is the only option we have to move forward with Art Bell's legacy. I believe I can pull this off by next Monday. I’m excited by the candidates on the short list and I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised.

I hope all of you enjoyed my tribute to Art Bell shows these last few days. I enjoyed putting them together.

Your hard-working servant, Keith

https://youtu.be/tH2w6Oxx0kQ

ItsOver

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 01, 2018, 05:46:27 AM
The multi-talented MV.  ;D  It must be reassuring to know he can always get a Vegas gig as a Crystal Gayle impersonator.

http://youtu.be/AHhYfiZSAKk

IamNegan

Something just occurred to me: once KR finds a new host, I'm assuming a new thread will have to be started here. After nearly 2600 pages, it's seems rather sad, doesn't it?

Dr Who

So here is my question. Will the show now be called midnight in the desert without Heather Wade.

ItsOver

Seriously, this needs to be a "sticky" upfront on the BellGab site.  "Welcome to BellGab.  Post often and enjoy the music."

http://bellgab.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=9159.0;attach=106642

Still LMAO.  ;D

Juan

I hope Ricky from Banyon Hill is on the short list.

Come on, Bellgabbers. We can make 3000 pages before the plug is filled.

IamNegan

Quote from: Dr Who on May 01, 2018, 05:53:48 AM
So here is my question. Will the show now be called midnight in the desert without Heather Wade.

Jocko Johnson

Talk about pissing away the golden egg. She was having the time of here life. She didn't want to be anywhere else. She was handed, free of charge the keys to the kingdome, without having to "pay her bones" what she called her, "dream job."
Just a couple of my pet peeves that either Art couldn't get her to stop or didn't think it was a problem, but wear down my last nerve everytime.
Each night she would tell us this guest is her favorite person and her hands down favorite guest! And no matter what the topic, the guest, the time period, or the situation...u ever notice somehow she had an almost exact experience as either the caller or the guest almost every nite. And she wasted no time to  cut off the guest so we could hear the same story as the guest went thru, but happened to her too!! How could one person, late 30's-40ish experience almost every paranormal situation as every guest she had on? Not to mention it was then her voice not the guest we got to hear.
Heather I was one of ur first supporters, I didn't put u down and tried to reach out when u seemed to be down or lack confidence, as so many others did U never responded. That's fine. But the/your recent behavior is inexcusable and quite frankly to say the least very Bizarre. U praised ur fsns but when u hit a wall and we all lost a firend, a young lady lost her husband, and two young children will never see daddy again. One will never even get to know him. But somehow in a world where we all lose friends, family, idols and loved ones... I have never seen this type of public behavior and then u claim to have a "reason" that no one else knows about and most likely can't either deal with, understand or care about. But u refuse to tell ur fans, the people that have supported u, the fans that gave u a chance, accepted you and also lost their friend Art Bell too. But we are still going to work and functioning, pushing thru like when we lose a loved one or friend. You know like normal folks. Some do it to keep busy, others to get over it, some do it to in the name of the one they lost to prove they haven't chosen the wrong person who picked them to perhaps fill their shoes or carry on a cause they started and held dear as in Art's case, was their lives. He trusted u, u claimed to be his friend but u hit a bump in the road and instead of regrouping and grabbing urself up by the bootstraps, you just walk away . You QUIT.  You disappoint the fanas, ur friends and ur mentor who gave u the chance of a lifetime.
I for one am waiting to hear whatever the situation really is that you said we'd understand if we only knew, but u don't seem to trust ur fans and friends to even attempt to confide in us or even try to attempt to explain. Instead you bug out, quit and toss it all away.
Heather we all can't just blame everything on everyone else... sometimes we are a little to blame for our own actions.
No one, Art, his fans, ur friends  no one expected Art to pass away and no one expected ur behavior, at least without an explaination...well good luck and best wishes in the future. I for one hope if u are done, then I hope Keith can come up with a viable professional to continue to get the message out in the format and way Art invented and the Ride will continue. I have to believe that there are people out there that would give anything for a chance to take the opportunity you simply threw away. And the temp guest host thing is a moot point and at this point holds no water since Keith even publicly stated he was willing to give you even 6 more months, or whatever u needed! Then crickets.  But someone has to keep the chair warm while u continue to grieve and gather urself. But the world just can't stop waiting for you.

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 01, 2018, 05:46:27 AM

Now if he were to monetize a ringtone, he'd make a few shekels. 

ItsOver

Quote from: Juan on May 01, 2018, 05:56:43 AM

Midnight in The Tool Shed, with Ricky and Jack.

Juan

Jack’s already gotten a new gig for some credit place.

And damned autocorrect. Pulled, not filled.

Corona Kitty

Quote from: bellNwhistle on May 01, 2018, 05:32:43 AM
I don't know if there are new episodes, but I'm guessing there are. Yep.

Have you ever heard Zack/Zak? say the word "mercury"? It's a real hoot.

I emailed Howard Hughes also.  I'd resub in a second if he joined DMRN.  He doesn't get any money for his podcast, and while I think his shows are too short, they're mostly pretty interesting.  He does have a show (or did) that he does on the weekends. Guy doesn't make enough to support himself doing all of this, but he loves it.  He may not be everyone's cup of tea, but if he could make it work out, he's big enough to pull in American listeners. IMO.

It's such a hack show, but someone's watching it to my surprise. Don't recall anything that guy said, but his shouting is something you can't help but laugh at.

I've only heard his show for a few mins, not joking.... I thought it was an American guy, doing a British accent. If there is a new host, they should scrap the name. Give it an entirely new name, unless Keith plans on using arts name attached to the show, as leverage. Just my two cents,

Quote from: Juan on May 01, 2018, 05:56:43 AM

At the current post velocity and with the new target date of next Monday, it seems as if 3,000 pages
is assured.  I'm beginning to fear that the Falkie thread will be caught and surpassed soon.

IamNegan

Quote from: Jocko Johnson on May 01, 2018, 05:59:08 AM
Talk about pissing away the golden egg. She was having the time of here life. She didn't want to be anywhere else. She was handed, free of charge the keys to the kingdome, without having to "pay her bones" what she called her, "dream job."
Just a couple of my pet peeves that either Art couldn't get her to stop or didn't think it was a problem, but wear down my last nerve everytime.
Each night she would tell us this guest is her favorite person and her hands down favorite guest! And no matter what the topic, the guest, the time period, or the situation...u ever notice somehow she had an almost exact experience as either the caller or the guest almost every nite. And she wasted no time to  cut off the guest so we could hear the same story as the guest went thru, but happened to her too!! How could one person, late 30's-40ish experience almost every paranormal situation as every guest she had on? Not to mention it was then her voice not the guest we got to hear.
Heather I was one of ur first supporters, I didn't put u down and tried to reach out when u seemed to be down or lack confidence, as so many others did U never responded. That's fine. But the/your recent behavior is inexcusable and quite frankly to say the least very Bizarre. U praised ur fsns but when u hit a wall and we all lost a firend, a young lady lost her husband, and two young children will never see daddy again. One will never even get to know him. But somehow in a world where we all lose friends, family, idols and loved ones... I have never seen this type of public behavior and then u claim to have a "reason" that no one else knows about and most likely can't either deal with, understand or care about. But u refuse to tell ur fans, the people that have supported u, the fans that gave u a chance, accepted you and also lost their friend Art Bell too. But we are still going to work and functioning, pushing thru like when we lose a loved one or friend. You know like normal folks. Some do it to keep busy, others to get over it, some do it to in the name of the one they lost to prove they haven't chosen the wrong person who picked them to perhaps fill their shoes or carry on a cause they started and held dear as in Art's case, was their lives. He trusted u, u claimed to be his friend but u hit a bump in the road and instead of regrouping and grabbing urself up by the bootstraps, you just walk away . You QUIT.  You disappoint the fanas, ur friends and ur mentor who gave u the chance of a lifetime.
I for one am waiting to hear whatever the situation really is that you said we'd understand if we only knew, but u don't seem to trust ur fans and friends to even attempt to confide in us or even try to attempt to explain. Instead you bug out, quit and toss it all away.
Heather we all can't just blame everything on everyone else... sometimes we are a little to blame for our own actions.
No one, Art, his fans, ur friends  no one expected Art to pass away and no one expected ur behavior, at least without an explaination...well good luck and best wishes in the future. I for one hope if u are done, then I hope Keith can come up with a viable professional to continue to get the message out in the format and way Art invented and the Ride will continue. I have to believe that there are people out there that would give anything for a chance to take the opportunity you simply threw away. And the temp guest host thing is a moot point and at this point holds no water since Keith even publicly stated he was willing to give you even 6 more months, or whatever u needed! Then crickets.  But someone has to keep the chair warm while u continue to grieve and gather urself. But the world just can't stop waiting for you.

Bravo, well said!

bellNwhistle

Quote from: ItsOver on May 01, 2018, 06:00:08 AM
Midnight in The Tool Shed, with Ricky and Jack.

Can they wear kilts, please? Have a webcam feature as part of the membership?

HumanBeing

The reaction of the potential guest hosts that got in touch with Keith last week and who may now be receiving messages about a possible full-time gig.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: HumanBeing on May 01, 2018, 06:12:12 AM
The reaction of the potential guest hosts that got in touch with Keith last week and who may now be receiving messages about a possible full-time gig.

I hope I didn't miss this.. if I did, I apologize profusely. But what's your personal take on Keith's email? That Heather is playing hardball? She's being a spoiled brat?

IamNegan

Quote from: HumanBeing on May 01, 2018, 06:12:12 AM

And HW's reaction when/IF she ever comes to her senses:

bellNwhistle

Quote from: IamNegan on May 01, 2018, 06:20:13 AM
And HW's reaction when/IF she ever comes to her senses: 

she'll need to get back on the drugs first.
I can't imagine she'll be in a very good mood.

(I know a lot of people take meds for depression, anxiety, etc.. some of you may, and I'm certainly not making fun of you. But this is BellGab).

ge30542

So, now that shes been fired, will she continue to get better every day?

Redacted, go fuck yourself,
and uh, oh yea, buh-bye.

HumanBeing

Quote from: bellNwhistle on May 01, 2018, 06:14:38 AM
I hope I didn't miss this.. if I did, I apologize profusely. But what's your personal take on Keith's email? That Heather is playing hardball? She's being a spoiled brat?

Good morning!  :D

Heather must have had some authority in her contract that allowed her to veto any guest host she did not approve of.
Keith said that he would give her 6 months leave if she needed it. He just wanted the ability to have live shows, which would require either multiple guest hosts or a semi-permanent host.

There were still some members left and it would be unfair to them to only have a choice to listen to replays for the foreseeable future.
Replays the members could hear at any time from the archived shows.

Well... apparently Heather was not having any of it. She would not make any compromise whatsoever. She may grow to regret that stance.
But then again if she was so close to Art he may have left her a golden parachute and she has enough money now to slink off into the sunset.

Epaphroditus

If Keith really wanted to rattle her cage he would find another female host with little or no experience , I prefer late night / early am radio that is bares no resemblance to daytime talk ...

IamNegan

Quote from: bellNwhistle on May 01, 2018, 06:14:38 AM

Here's the text of his previous email....definitely sounds like she's being a spoiled brat (or entitled bitch, your choice):

With the passing of Art Bell, Heather Wade was not under any condition to do a show. She has taken one week to get back to the show. When she couldn't go on this week either, I was planning to offer a guest host, so we could have new LIVE shows to add to the archives. I did not want to run another week of replays as each of these replays are already in the archives and available to you as a subscriber. Heather did not like this decision and threatened to quit unless I played more replays. She indicated she would come back next Monday April 30th. So I had to put more replays on for this week. I'm sorry that you'll only have half the shows in the archives you would normally have, but Heather is causing me to do this. It's not my choice. Also, if Heather does chose to quit, I will handle the cancellations for everybody to stop the autopays, and will extend everyones access for 2 months, so you have a chance to listen or download the shows. Please don't cancel by contacting your credit card company, it really costs us a lot in chargeback fees. So please let us handle the shutdown process appropriately. Thanks for your understanding, we hope Heather returns on next Monday and we'll all grieve and heal together. Keith

IamNegan

Quote from: bellNwhistle on May 01, 2018, 06:24:04 AM
she'll need to get back on the drugs first.
I can't imagine she'll be in a very good mood.

(I know a lot of people take meds for depression, anxiety, etc.. some of you may, and I'm certainly not making fun of you. But this is BellGab).

I'm one of them...lol! Therefore, I think that makes me uniquely qualified to pick out someone who's WAY off their meds, like she is  ;D

cweb

Keith made the right call. Enough is enough.

Was holding out because of the "grief" supposed to be some gesture to tout how much more connected to Art she was? Wouldn't it have been a great tribute to get right back on the air and give the man one heck of a memorial show?

Does she know how much cred she'd have gotten if she mustered up the courage to get back on? Heck, people on here were giving George Noory sympathy because he manned up and got through his show.

Heather didn't even have to do a full show. I'm sure Keith would have let her do even just an hour to pay respects. And it may have helped her return. Instead, this.

I'm no radio expert, but part of doing any job is showing up. Keith was more than accommodating, but he's trying to make this streaming thing work and he can't keep taking a loss like this. Something had to give and it did.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: username on May 01, 2018, 06:06:32 AM
It's such a hack show, but someone's watching it to my surprise. Don't recall anything that guy said, but his shouting is something you can't help but laugh at.

I've only heard his show for a few mins, not joking.... I thought it was an American guy, doing a British accent. If there is a new host, they should scrap the name. Give it an entirely new name, unless Keith plans on using arts name attached to the show, as leverage. Just my two cents,

Totally agreed.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: IamNegan on May 01, 2018, 06:30:04 AM
I'm one of them...lol! Therefore, I think that makes me uniquely qualified to pick out someone who's WAY off their meds, like she is  ;D

I have a kiddo on meds.  I was not at all for going that route, but it's been a tremendous help for him.  Everyone's different.

Yeah, I think I'm with you on that. LOL  I do hope she's sought out help, but by the sounds of it, she's totally rejected that idea.  Maybe Art will come to her in a dream and encourage her to go.

bateman

Quote from: cweb on May 01, 2018, 06:30:16 AM
Keith made the right call. Enough is enough.

Was holding out because of the "grief" supposed to be some gesture to tout how much more connected to Art she was? Wouldn't it have been a great tribute to get right back on the air and give the man one heck of a memorial show?

Does she know how much cred she'd have gotten if she mustered up the courage to get back on? Heck, people on here were giving George Noory sympathy because he manned up and got through his show.

Heather didn't even have to do a full show. I'm sure Keith would have let her do even just an hour to pay respects. And it may have helped her return. Instead, this.

I'm no radio expert, but part of doing any job is showing up. Keith was more than accommodating, but he's trying to make this streaming thing work and he can't keep taking a loss like this. Something had to give and it did.

U DON’T SPEAK RADIO CWEB U JUST DON’T UNDERSTAND

SHE HAZ NOTHING AND NO ONE