• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

I'm going to blow my fucking brains out once and for all.

Started by NefariousBanana, November 18, 2015, 09:31:36 PM

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: ItsOver on May 09, 2019, 12:49:26 PM
Just the satisfaction of being Liberace should be more than enough.

<SlowSatisfiedNod.gif>

Kidnostad3

Quote from: SredniVashtar on May 09, 2019, 10:43:20 AM
People who say this kind of thing are implying that there are rational motives involved in what is an irrational act. It just shows how far we have to go in understanding mental illness.

Not altogether true.  In some cases suicide is a highly rational act and appealing to the subject's sense of responsibility for, or love of others is a legitimate clinical approach.

Jojo

Quote from: Liberace! on May 06, 2019, 06:39:08 PM
I called this cunt up and talked him out of killing himself. What did I get for my trouble? He unfollowed me on Twitter.
Says more about his need for more personality development than anything else.  Long-term, professional assistance.  Sounded more concerned about his value in the eyes of other people, than his own self. 

Not knowing how you talked him down, my thoughts my not apply to that situation.  But just in case they might be relevant:

I believe one can be someone's teacher.  Or one can be their friend.  But the minute one becomes their teacher, the dynamic of friendship is often jeopardized.  It would take a lot of humility to accept one-way teaching from a friend.  And, sadly, most depressed people don't have a lot of positive humility, just self-pity or inability.  Teaching can be exchanged back & forth in good relationships, with people who have emotional intimacy skills, but that's usually among two people who already know each other really well.

Students like teachers, but OP didn't sound like a very good student at the time.  Most people want to choose their friends/acquaintances from among their peers.

Times like these are when it's real nice to believe in God.  God knows what you did.  Even if you only gave half an hour.

I don't like to be too close to suicidal types.  His disconnecting may be a blessing in disguise.  As far as the typical law-abiding, above-board personality spectrum goes, I have found that people will bad attitudes (like suicidal) take up a disproportionate amount of time, as well as being demoralizing. 

But, I do hope the banana is still around and maybe moving in a direction that suits him/her more.

I'm glad you talked him/her down.  Nicer than sending authorities to do a welfare check...

Jojo

https://medium.com/bigger-picture/a-funny-thing-happened-when-i-was-typing-my-suicide-note-1c9d98f78935

Here's a good one.  Glad the guy lived and no offense to him.  But it's kinda silly that he didn't follow through on his method at the Midnight hour halfway through his chosen suicide method, because it required alcohol and he is a recovering alcoholic...  ::)  ROFL...

albrecht

Quote from: 14 on May 13, 2019, 12:11:08 AM
https://medium.com/bigger-picture/a-funny-thing-happened-when-i-was-typing-my-suicide-note-1c9d98f78935

Here's a good one.  Glad the guy lived and no offense to him.  But it's kinda silly that he didn't follow through on his method at the Midnight hour halfway through his chosen suicide method, because it required alcohol and he is a recovering alcoholic...  ::)   ROFL...
There was, somewhere, a blog about some dude who was going to off himself and then decided to before go down to Ol' Mex and blow his last money on hookers, booze, and coke and, afterwards, decided "life was worth living" and changed his mind and got his act together, basically. Who knows if true. And not suggesting this is any kind of proper therapy, or good moral choices, but it was funny and oddly well written.

GravitySucks

Quote from: 14 on May 13, 2019, 12:11:08 AM

Here's a good one.  Glad the guy lived and no offense to him.  But it's kinda silly that he didn't follow through on his method at the Midnight hour halfway through his chosen suicide method, because it required alcohol and he is a recovering alcoholic...  ::)  ROFL...

Why did kamikaze pilots were helmets?

albrecht

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 13, 2019, 12:18:27 AM
Likely due to crappy planes and risk of concussion on way to target? Or some zaibatsu simply had a surplus on helmets and due to the embargo got the government to take them?

Jojo

Lol.  I guess so they wouldn't be brain damaged if they ended up remaining alive...
Quote from: albrecht on May 13, 2019, 12:14:45 AM
There was, somewhere, a blog about some dude who was going to off himself and then decided to before go down to Ol' Mex and blow his last money on hookers, booze, and coke and, afterwards, decided "life was worth living" and changed his mind and got his act together, basically. Who knows if true. And not suggesting this is any kind of proper therapy, or good moral choices, but it was funny and oddly well written.

That's a great story.  It just shows how body chemistry might affect decisions.  And to "try anything" within reason before commiting suicide.

Good night!

SredniVashtar

Probably to reduce the chances of being injured en route, so they could complete their mission. People say this as if it's some great irony/mystery but I don't think so.

Kidnostad3

Quote from: SredniVashtar on May 13, 2019, 01:56:28 AM
Probably to reduce the chances of being injured en route, so they could complete their mission. People say this as if it's some great irony/mystery but I don't think so.

Possibly, but I think it's more about the warrior going to his death in full battle regalia. 

ItsOver

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on May 13, 2019, 04:22:34 AM
Yep. Googles and oxygen masks clipped to them is all.

I can see a young kamikaze of today, with ear buds blasting some God-awful hip hop, while texting on his smartphone. 

Kidnostad3

Quote from: ItsOver on May 13, 2019, 01:05:09 PM
I can see a young kamikaze of today, with ear buds blasting some God-awful hip hop, while texting on his smartphone. 

Don't forget the man bun.  Gotta have a man bun.

ItsOver

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on May 13, 2019, 01:40:39 PM
Dats true.  And more tat's than free skin, the more non-threatening and girly-man, the better.

ItsOver

Oh, and a vape contraption in the other hand, with a pink fanny pack.

AZZERAE

So I'm guessing its "short back and sides" for you gentlemen.

albrecht

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on May 13, 2019, 04:22:34 AM
Yep. Googles and oxygen masks clipped to them is all.

Poor puppy. Is that the kamakazi's last meal?

ItsOver

Quote from: albrecht on May 13, 2019, 04:50:29 PM
Poor puppy. Is that the kamakazi's last meal?
I guess that would explain the smiles on the short-term pilots and the frown on the dog.

Kidnostad3

Quote from: Azzerae on May 13, 2019, 02:00:02 PM
So I'm guessing its "short back and sides" for you gentlemen.

Uh oh. Struck a nerve. Don't tell me--you sport man bun and a nose ring, right?  I knew it.

paladin1991

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on May 13, 2019, 01:40:39 PM
Best things to grab onto in a bar fight?  A full bottle of beer and a man bun.

AC400KICK

Nah, I'll pass bruh. I'm gonna have too much fun tearing it up on the streets, avenues, parkways, and expressways of New York City driving a Yellow Cab. As well as growing my Base once I have generated the start up capital to legally register with the TLC. Anyone here on this board that is traveling to NYC or is a resident of or its surrounding counties upstate, on the island, or in Jersey you have one FREE RIDE on me!  ;)

AZZERAE

I've fought depression for a long time, and when it got too hard I tried to take my own life. No, I'm just kidding, I'm not a fucking gay.

ItsOver

Sounds like someone needs some ice cream.  Take a trip to Washington state and help alleviate someone's surplus.  You can let her lick your spoon.

hanhepi wi

Quote from: AC400KICK on May 14, 2019, 12:29:33 AM
Nah, I'll pass bruh. I'm gonna have too much fun tearing it up on the streets, avenues, parkways, and expressways of New York City driving a Yellow Cab. As well as growing my Base once I have generated the start up capital to legally register with the TLC. Anyone here on this board that is traveling to NYC or is a resident of or its surrounding counties upstate, on the island, or in Jersey you have one FREE RIDE on me!  ;)
One FREE RIDE on you? Thank you for the offer.

Kidnostad3

Quote from: Azzerae on May 14, 2019, 02:05:55 AM
I've fought depression for a long time, and when it got too hard I tried to take my own life. No, I'm just kidding, I'm not a fucking gay.

Anyone who tortures animals is a worthless piece of shit and should off himself at the first opportunity.   And don't fuck it up this time!