• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

nbirnes

Quote from: chefist on May 25, 2018, 05:18:25 PM
Did you have any of these shows on Future Theater?

True crime shows? We've had a few with Bob Keppel, many with John Liebert. Here are all the true crime books our company has produced: http://shadowlawnpress.com/12-truecrime/12-truecrime/

Edited to add: I feel bad being so braggy, but also guilty for not promoting more. And I love this forum.

Robert

Quote from: albrecht on May 25, 2018, 06:32:50 PMWhy create a new thread? There already was a Dave Schrader thread. Or is the idea to separate his work from other shows (Darkness, C2C, etc) from the new one?
I hope so.  Dave Schrader's MITD has had a very different (& better IMO) feel so far from his C2C.  His other shows I don't know about.

a is jump

I've been out of the loop for a couple of days.

Vara is claiming that I somehow faked that audio? Or is it a different clip?

All I did was chop 50 seconds of audio from an MP3 of a show they offer for free download.

Quote from: a is jump on May 25, 2018, 07:32:41 PM

All I did was chop 50 seconds of audio from an MP3 of a show they offer for free download.

im waiting for him to claim that your audio clip is fake. he hasn't yet.

Robert

Quote from: Metron2267 on May 25, 2018, 06:37:17 PMPrecisely, the suspension of disbelief, at least to the extent that the guest is encouraged to fully tell their story in a safe setting where their host is not openly critical or hostile, barring their being completely off the rails or overtly lying.
I'd just as soon MITD get the reput'n as the hard, unsafe setting where guests go because they think they can make a convincing case.  Let them go on w Noory if they want a cream puff interview.

Mr Apnea

Quote from: a is jump on May 25, 2018, 07:32:41 PM

Its the real and "true" clip.  Yup, genius with NukeUlar poisoning says you chopped it in a posting I saw (mixed words from different clips).  You must have had better success than I did, the clips in his archive seem to be missing.

Robert

Quote from: bellNwhistle on May 25, 2018, 07:05:11 PMI personally think that other thread is so fucked that Dave’s “terrified” (couldn’t be bothered) to post in it. I’d rather he get a new one for his version of the show. 8) We’ll see how it goes, though.
The other thread is so long, who'd bother?

Lilith

I wonder if Heather will be streaming live on Monday night on the LNM Network live Youtube stream?

Quote from: brig on May 25, 2018, 07:38:27 PM
I wonder if Heather will be streaming live on Monday night on the LNM Network live Youtube stream?

good question, brig. no way she beats Falkie in Art Bell/ufo flair.

trostol

so...what did i miss today?

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Robert on May 25, 2018, 07:36:39 PM
The other thread is so long, who'd bother?

I’m not sure anyone would really bother posting in here, but I don’t hate that F started the thread. If it moves, it moves. If it does, then per MD MD, Dave’s a little snowflake like me. 8)

If not, oh well.

Can barely type right now.

Quote from: bellNwhistle on May 25, 2018, 07:40:22 PM
I’m not sure anyone would really bother posting in here, but I don’t hate that F started the thread. If it moves, it moves. If it does, then per MD MD, Dave’s a little snowflake like me. 8)

If not, oh well.

Can barely type right now.

are you naked too?

Mr Apnea

Quote from: brig on May 25, 2018, 07:38:27 PM

I wont be surprised if she pulls the plug 30 mins before the show to go back and work on the Tombstone.

teknoslag

Quote from: nbirnes on May 25, 2018, 07:21:49 PM
Where are you getting your info?

From the facts of the case. What piece of information did Ted Bundy give that led to the identification and arrest of Ridgway? None.

Ridgway was arrested for solicitation in 1982. He was ID'd as a suspect in 1983 when the boyfriend of a victim, who witnessed her abduction, followed the truck his girlfriend was picked up in to the owner's home. He led police to the house, who questioned the owner. The owner was Gary Ridgway. When detectives cross referenced that incident with Ridgway's earlier arrest, he became a suspect. He was cleared by a polygraph test, though Detective Reichert maintained at the time that he didn't trust the test results, which turned out to be a smart move on his part. It was later determined through quality control protocols that the FBI developed afterwards that Ridgway had actually failed his polygraph. His DNA was taken and kept on file until 2001, when technology had advanced far enough to obtain a match.

Nowhere in there was anything Bundy said helpful, nor was it utilized to capture the Green River Killer.

"But for me, the Bundy interviews turned out to be less about information and more about inspiration. Ted Bundy certainly knew everything about his own exploits as a serial killer, and he had studied other monsters the way an athelete studies his competitors. But in the end, he had used us to get some relief from the prison routine and to make himself feel important. He was also trying to delay his own execution by demonstrating that he had some value to society that would be lost upon his death. I didn't buy any of that." - Dave Reichert, Chasing the Devil, pg. 124 - 143

Reichert has been adamant from the moment Ridgway was arrested (20 years after Bundy supposedly helped catch him) that Ted played absolutely no role in his ID or his capture, as have others who worked tirelessly on the case for decades.

Quote from: Mr Apnea on May 25, 2018, 07:42:38 PM
I wont be surprised if she pulls the plug 30 mins before the show to go back and work on the Tombstone.

she's still grieveing. she needs more time.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: bellNwhistle on May 25, 2018, 07:27:23 PM
You’re dying to get in my pants aren’t you?

:P

Not really. From what I understand you're married with an autistic son. That sounds like too much work for me.  ;)

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on May 25, 2018, 07:45:33 PM
Not really. From what I understand you're married with an autistic son. That sounds like too much work for me.  ;)

never speak to me or my mother ever again! grrrrr!

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on May 25, 2018, 07:45:33 PM
:P

I’m a bit snowflakey for you. I get it. We can’t all be perfect.  :)

Lilith

Quote from: Mr Apnea on May 25, 2018, 07:42:38 PM

I'm surprised progress on the Tombstone isn't being documented for a Major Motion Picture production.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Richard Groyper on May 25, 2018, 07:46:57 PM
never speak to me or my mother ever again! grrrrr!

What if I bring lots of candy...the kind that's loaded with sugar and artificial colors? ;)

HumanBeing

It is Friday night or as Bill calls it another night of blazing some cannabis to getting into focused mode to do some writing  ;D

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: HumanBeing on May 25, 2018, 07:49:15 PM
It is Friday night or as Bill calls it another night of blazing some cannabis to getting into focused mode to do some writing  ;D

Nothin wrong with that.  8)

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on May 25, 2018, 07:49:02 PM
What if I bring lots of candy...the kind that's loaded with sugar and artificial colors? ;)

grrr! MOOOOOM!

nbirnes

Quote from: teknoslag on May 25, 2018, 07:42:44 PM
From the facts of the case. What piece of information did Ted Bundy give that led to the identification and arrest of Ridgway? None.

Ridgway was arrested for solicitation in 1982. He was ID'd as a suspect in 1983 when the boyfriend of a victim, who witnessed her abduction, followed the truck his girlfriend was picked up in to the owner's home. He led police to the house, who questioned the owner. The owner was Gary Ridgway. When detectives cross referenced that incident with Ridgway's earlier arrest, he became a suspect. He was cleared by a polygraph test, though Detective Reichert maintained at the time that he didn't trust the test results, which turned out to be a smart move on his part. It was later determined through quality control protocols that the FBI developed afterwards that Ridgway had actually failed his polygraph. His DNA was taken and kept on file until 2001, when technology had advanced far enough to obtain a match.

Nowhere in there was anything Bundy said helpful, nor was it utilized to capture the Green River Killer.

"But for me, the Bundy interviews turned out to be less about information and more about inspiration. Ted Bundy certainly knew everything about his own exploits as a serial killer, and he had studied other monsters the way an athelete studies his competitors. But in the end, he had used us to get some relief from the prison routine and to make himself feel important. He was also trying to delay his own execution by demonstrating that he had some value to society that would be lost upon his death. I didn't buy any of that." - Dave Reichert, Chasing the Devil, pg. 124 - 143

Reichert has been adamant from the moment Ridgway was arrested (20 years after Bundy supposedly helped catch him) that Ted played absolutely no role in his ID or his capture, as have others who worked tirelessly on the case for decades.

This is stuff that Bill knows, not me. I will gracefully bow out whilst I still can.  8)

Shithead

Hi Nancy Birnes  :)

Is Future Theater coming back someday? I really miss the show. I hope you and Bill can make it back someday.

teknoslag

Quote from: nbirnes on May 25, 2018, 07:52:13 PM
This is stuff that Bill knows, not me. I will gracefully bow out whilst I still can.  8)

Not an attack on you or anything, I hope it didn't come across that way.  ;) I've always been fascinated by these cases (and unfortunately have connections to a few of them) and the Bundy case is one that has always interested me. I just get irked from time to time (again, in general, not referring to you specifically) when I see him portrayed as some maniacal genius when, in reality, he was nowhere near as intelligent or charismatic as he's made out to be. He did have elements of those traits, but they've been greatly exaggerated over the years.

GravitySucks

Quote from: brig on May 25, 2018, 07:48:51 PM
I'm surprised progress on the Tombstone isn't being documented for a Major Motion Picture production.

Cemetery Art: Headstones in the Desert©️