• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The most-obviously mentally ill guests

Started by GuerrillaUnReal, December 25, 2010, 12:30:12 PM

HorrorRetro

Quote from: Saucer Smeared on March 21, 2013, 08:45:31 AM

Al Bielek: The nutty old guy who claimed to have been part of the Philadelphia Experiment. This was a late 1990s show with Art and it was wonderful. All the best Coast shows always start out normal. You think to yourself "this guy might be legit" for the first hour. Then, after the break, it all goes nuts. Bielek is one of those. He seems sane and not out for a cash grab in the first hour. Then it descends into into batshit nuttery with the Montauk Project and time travel and aliens and all the wacky shit we know and love. No surprise he was affiliated with Preston Nichols at one point. The best part of this show was the callers. One guy, an Electrical Engineer, challenged him on some simple knowledge. Art pressed Bielek why he couldn't answer it. Bielek avoided the question and moved on. Great show.

The first show with Art and Bielek is one of my favorites.  It was interesting and insane at the same time. 

Sardondi

Quote from: Saucer Smeared on March 21, 2013, 08:45:31 AMJohn Lear. He's the king. The first show I listened to with Knapp had Lear on and they just discussed all the wackery with Area 51 and Bob Lazar. It was actually really interesting because Lear didn't devolve into absolute nuttery and instead talked about how the story broke and what happened with Lazar. Really good show, made me like Lear until I heard him later on and the insanity came through loud and clear.  Penn and Teller's Bullshit actually interviewed Lear. Really interesting to see him on TV. He didn't come off very well.
John Lear actually frightened me. He struck me as the kind of guy who, had he the wherewithal, could easily have pulled a Jonestown all-die. (And just what do we call compelled suicide like that? I mean, other than "murder"? Manda-cide? Assisted homicide?). I always felt Lear could easily decide that if everyone really knew the truth like he did, then they would want him to stash the 17 suitcase nukes he had acquired....

And Art's championing of Lear always pissed me off, because I thought it went beyond entertainment into vouching.

Quote from: Saucer Smeared on March 21, 2013, 08:45:31 AM...Al Bielek: The nutty old guy who claimed to have been part of the Philadelphia Experiment. This was a late 1990s show with Art and it was wonderful. All the best Coast shows always start out normal. You think to yourself "this guy might be legit" for the first hour. Then, after the break, it all goes nuts. Bielek is one of those. He seems sane and not out for a cash grab in the first hour. Then it descends into into batshit nuttery with the Montauk Project and time travel and aliens and all the wacky shit we know and love. No surprise he was affiliated with Preston Nichols at one point. The best part of this show was the callers. One guy, an Electrical Engineer, challenged him on some simple knowledge. Art pressed Bielek why he couldn't answer it. Bielek avoided the question and moved on. Great show.
Did Art ever repudiate Bielek? I always got the feeling AB just ate Bielek's stuff up.

Pragmier

Quote from: Saucer Smeared on March 21, 2013, 08:45:31 AM

All the best Coast shows always start out normal. You think to yourself "this guy might be legit" for the first hour. Then, after the break, it all goes nuts .

Hahaha! With very few exceptions, that train is never late.

McPhallus

Quote from: Pragmier on March 22, 2013, 05:51:01 PM

Hahaha! With very few exceptions, that train is never late.

Mel's Hole is the ultimate for me.  He kept pushing the envelope as he got deeper into his story.  Then the tumor-seal thing, only to followed by the jaw-dropper bit about the strange, sad sealwhateverthing singing them a song over the radio after it had it had dived back into the hole.

Sardondi

Quote from: McPhallus on March 22, 2013, 06:49:07 PMMel's Hole is the ultimate for me.  He kept pushing the envelope as he got deeper into his story.  Then the tumor-seal thing, only to followed by the jaw-dropper bit about the strange, sad sealwhateverthing singing them a song over the radio after it had it had dived back into the hole.
Heh. Yeah, the Mel's Hole outran his coverage, just like "Bugs" did with his crap about killing sasquatches. He didn't have enough prepped BS, so he had to start making it up live. A dangerous situation for the guest, but it almost always leads to maximum hilarity for the listener.

Insanity

Quote from: McPhallus on March 22, 2013, 06:49:07 PM

Mel's Hole is the ultimate for me.  He kept pushing the envelope as he got deeper into his story.  Then the tumor-seal thing, only to followed by the jaw-dropper bit about the strange, sad sealwhateverthing singing them a song over the radio after it had it had dived back into the hole.
Mel Pushed his storys boundarys pretty hard. The whole " really deep hole" idea is actualy plauseable here in WA, lava tubes, mines and shit like that. But the whole dead dog comeing to life, and the seal-tumor thing, and the ice that created heat by subliminateing water, createing more of it( sounds like the plot of the novel Cat's Cradle),  and finding yet another hole, and the wombat rescue( man that guy had some creative lies), etc.

AC400KICK

David Wilcock definately does the bipolar dance

astroguy

Quote from: AC400KICK on March 24, 2013, 07:25:20 PM
David Wilcock definately does the bipolar dance
+1

It's also been 5+ months since Quayle was mentioned, so I'll bring him up again. :)

awake

I recently listened Whitley Strieber as a guest of JB Wells and it was surreal.  Two hours, I think, of some really disjointed and contradictory stories and ideaswhich to me that is indicative of either a bad liar or mental disturbance.  I felt "dirty" listening to it actually, wrong on some level.  He did seem lucid at points but then Wells allowed callers and things took a fairly dark turn quickly.  I think Strieber is married and I'm kinda concerned for his partner.  Scary, Scary dude, particularly if he believes what he's saying.

nextgen.fm

Coast to Coast Am With Art Bell Oct.04.2002 Art Bell Into the Hollow Earth Dallas Thompson

HI everyone!

Lurker for a while, love this place

I love that show I posted lol

One of the all time classics, the one with Dallas Thompson

Hey, can one of you Coasters educate me on something?  Remember the classic 9+ minute phonecall Art took back in the late 90's (I think) where some guy claimed to be flying a small plane over Area 51 and seemed to be either shot down or forced down?  What was the upshot of that?  Was it pure hoax with semi-solid production values?  Was the caller ever identified?  I have only heard recordings of the call (not the live-radio broadcast), and while I see lots of references made to the so-called Area 51 Caller (the guy who claimed to work at Groom Lake), I've never heard anything about the aforementioned pilot.

onan

Quote from: West of the Rockies on May 12, 2013, 12:08:17 PM
Hey, can one of you Coasters educate me on something?  Remember the classic 9+ minute phonecall Art took back in the late 90's (I think) where some guy claimed to be flying a small plane over Area 51 and seemed to be either shot down or forced down?  What was the upshot of that?  Was it pure hoax with semi-solid production values?  Was the caller ever identified?  I have only heard recordings of the call (not the live-radio broadcast), and while I see lots of references made to the so-called Area 51 Caller (the guy who claimed to work at Groom Lake), I've never heard anything about the aforementioned pilot.

It has been discussed here. Hearing a siren from a ground vehicle while flying a plane with one or two engines and propeller/s would make it impossible for those sounds to be heard and broadcast back by phone. hoax

Morgus

Quote from: West of the Rockies on May 12, 2013, 12:08:17 PM
that call supposedly from a small plane was known to be a fake for many years, no plane sounds in the background...

Thanks, guys... I was 99.999 percent sure it had to be a hoax.  Like Mulder, I want to believe... like Art, I guess I was fooled (a little).  Fool me once... can't get fooled again.

Juan

Art even says at the end, something like, "I don't know what that was."
It was one of those great Coast calls - something you knew was fake, but you wanted it to be true. Again, ghost stories in the middle of the night.

I guess that is what I miss most about the classic Art Bell high-desert nights:  that sense of wonder, that sense that we were all kids again around a campfire (with a bit of adult intellect thrown in).  Now it feels like we're sitting around a campfire with a bunch of drunk conspiracy theorists, preachers, and hucksters.  I'm goin' to bed -- a warm sleeping bag sounds better than that company.

ItsOver

Quote from: West of the Rockies on May 13, 2013, 10:43:31 AM
I guess that is what I miss most about the classic Art Bell high-desert nights:  that sense of wonder, that sense that we were all kids again around a campfire (with a bit of adult intellect thrown in).  Now it feels like we're sitting around a campfire with a bunch of drunk conspiracy theorists, preachers, and hucksters.  I'm goin' to bed -- a warm sleeping bag sounds better than that company.

Sadly... that pretty much nails it.  Art was magic and mystery.  With Noory, it's like setting in a bar next to the world's most boring drunk you can't wait to escape.  I won't even go into Wells.  :P

yumyumtree

Anybody talking about implants, having them, removing them, etc., mostly the ones placed either by aliens or the government.
A few years ago, and I'm sure many of you will remember it, an MD got though the screener and took George to task for encouraging callers with paranoid delusions.  He didn't say anything about guests, but I will say that George's choice of guests certainly exacerbates this sometimes.

George loves to brag that guests get cut short when they are too out-of-bounds, but I can't remember a time when I've heard this happen. Syliva Browne has been banned. But Alex Jones and Sean David Morton(before he was locked up) got off probation quickly.

yumyumtree

Does anybody remember the woman who was a sex slave for the NWO, or whatever? Don't remember her name or which host interviewed her.

CornyCrow

Quote from: yumyumtree on November 05, 2013, 02:20:01 PM
Does anybody remember the woman who was a sex slave for the NWO, or whatever? Don't remember her name or which host interviewed her.
There have been several women who have written books about some secret branch of the US government putting them through a mind control process which compartmentalizes their brains.  A spit part can only be accessed through a password and it contains a message that the women, herself, has no knowledge of.  This way if she is caught and tortured she cannot give up the information.  For some reason these women are, I guess by the people who have the passwords, used as men use their blowup dolls. 

A long time ago there was a show a bit like Art's out of New York.  Long John Nebel.  He tended to laugh at and be critical of a lot of his guests.  He married a model who had her own agency and traveled the world for business, Candy Jones.  Because of her odd behavior and headaches Long John had her hypnotized.  They got enough information out of her and I guess the science was new and not so complete - to discover that Candy was one of 'those' women.  She was reticent to speak of it on the air.  It was embarrassing for her.  John had her talk to a friend who was an author and there was a book produced. 

Candy was a logical and coherent person.  The two women who I read of who were in such a program do not seem of sound mind to me, but having gone through such experiences, perhaps that's to be expected.  I think their books were written around the time when so many people were talking about Satanic cults and child abuse.  These women said these were some of the tactics that government agency would use to cause the mental split in people.

I think Brasscheck TV, Forbidden Knowledge, and Utube have information on these things.

Quote from: yumyumtree on November 05, 2013, 02:20:01 PM

That sounds like a woman George Knapp had on several years ago, along with her handler.  She claimed something about being a sex slave of the CIA for decades and being forced to have sex with prominent politicians.

http://www.coasttocoastam.com/show/2009/04/26

stevesh

Quote from: Paper*Boy on November 09, 2013, 11:14:40 AM

That sounds like a woman George Knapp had on several years ago, along with her handler.  She claimed something about being a sex slave of the CIA for decades and being forced to have sex with prominent politicians.

Yes, and I don't think C2C has sunk that low since. The pimping of that poor, delusional woman was one of the saddest things I've heard.

Quote from: stevesh on November 09, 2013, 12:52:52 PM

Yes, and I don't think C2C has sunk that low since. The pimping of that poor, delusional woman was one of the saddest things I've heard.

That one really stuck out.  For me it was the single most stupid thing I've heard on Coast, and that's some tough competition.

For awhile it seemed like Knapp was stopping off at insane asylums to pick up his guests on the way to the studio.  I don't think I've listened to more than 2 or 3 of his shows since.

CornyCrow

Quote from: Falkie2013 on November 09, 2013, 01:33:03 PM
If memory serves me, Candy Jones was also a CIA agent and MK Ultra victim as well.

http://www.bookslut.com/nonfiction/2003_08_000372.php

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Candy_Jones
Not really.  As I mentioned above, she was a victim of the government, not a willing participant.

Quote from: CornyCrow on November 09, 2013, 06:52:45 PM
Not really.  As I mentioned above, she was a victim of the government, not a willing participant.

It's silly to think she was anything other than a sad confused victim of something similar to Repressed Memory Syndrome, and who had false memories created by people who took advantage of her.

toastycoasty

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on August 15, 2012, 10:18:23 PM
Joye Pugh, the wingnut who claimed that Prince William would be unveiled as the antichrist at the Olympics, and the Olympic route somehow proved it. According to Dr Joye, Prince William is the cloned image of the shroud of Turin, hence the antichrist.

For this, I give her the coveted 5 wingnuts rating:  :o :o :o :o :o

OH MY GOD, that sounds astounding! I'm going to hunt for it on YouTube now.

I agree about those CIA slaves or whoever they were... not victims of a brainwashing conspiracy but sad, lost souls. I'm sure there is abuse in their pasts(s) but not from weird NWO pimping.

Not a guest - but the caller who ALWAYS calls up with the story about the drug guy who they film, and it became so profitable that they keep him hooked on drugs so that they can keep making the secret videos... did anyone uncover anything about that? It's obviously untrue, but he got on Dark Matter and told the story to Art who was obviously disbelieving but still found it funny or feasible.

I just want to know who that fucker is. It's the dumbest story in the book and it frustrates me to hear him keep calling in.

yumyumtree

Quote from: Paper*Boy on November 09, 2013, 11:14:40 AM

I've discovered who she probably was--Cathy O'Brien.
Another possibility is Brice Taylor, author of a book called "Thanks for the Memories", so named because she claims that Bob Hope was one of the men she serviced. Cathy O'Brien also wrote a book with her husband, who I suspect may be some sort of Svengali. Both are on amazon.

Now does anybody remember the name of the guest who aimed that the government had implanted things in him? He was on earlier this year but I don't remember with which host. I think he was on with another guest. I remember somebody posting here that he was probably delusional, but I don't remember which thread.