• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

SredniVashtar

Quote from: JamesMcDonald on December 19, 2015, 01:23:14 PM
He doesn't have to prove anything to anyone.  He owes you nothing.

Why do you think Art Bell owes you anything SredniVashtar?  Just what kind of spoiled little shit did your parents bring up?

The problem, my dear old darling, is that words are tricky for the uninitiated, so let me walk you through this. Feel free to ask questions if I go too fast for you.

I couldn't care a tinker's damn what Art does or says. I don't say he is lying either. The problem (and where you fall into your self-dug hole) is that you are a moron. It's one think to ask to see evidence for a claim, another to say that someone is flat out lying. I can't make the determination that he is telling a deliberate falsehood, but I can say that he hasn't brought enough to the table to be believed outright.

If you want to believe someone who appears to be losing his grip then you are free to do so. I don't think - on the evidence of the last few months - that you could say that he is operating at optimum mental efficiency. In fact, I might even say that he is giving signs of hosting a small colony of bats in his upper-storey. Perhaps you and Art can go flying drones indoors together - it sounds like the sort of stuff you'd enjoy. Perhaps he'd even let you jerk him off afterwards.

Saying to someone 'you can't prove it's not true' falls into  the same category as all those other claims that think they are strong because they can't be tested. I can't  prove he wasn't shot at, but he can't prove he was. I can't say he's lying, I can only say that he hasn't given enough for us to believe him.

In the great scheme of things, I don't care one way or the other. But don't let me stop you getting Xmas cards from the Tooth Fairy, or putting out a glass of sherry for Santy Claus in the next few days.  We all need our little daydreams, don't we?

ItsOver

Quote from: paladin1991 on December 19, 2015, 01:20:10 PM
Okay.  Back in the thread.  What have I missed, besides about 60 fucking pages of BS, paranoia, butthurt, panic, innuendo, fear, misdirection, davebots, trolling, sniping and did I say BS?

What has ART posted, in say, the last 48 hours?  What is the hard info or are we just grabfucking everything we can in the dark?
That pretty much covers it.  Oh, MV had Falkie on GabCast last night.  And, of course, Dave still sucks. 

ItsOver

Quote from: paladin1991 on December 19, 2015, 01:32:14 PM
Remember, he's British.  He may only sound spoiled due to his affected British Voice of Privilege inflections.
The Germans must thank their lucky stars every day they lost the Battle of Britain. 

zeebo

Quote from: ItsOver on December 19, 2015, 01:58:27 PM
That pretty much covers it.  Oh, MV had Falkie on GabCast last night.  And, of course, Dave still sucks.

And there's a few more loons than usual flitting about the last few days.

paladin1991

Quote from: ItsOver on December 19, 2015, 01:58:27 PM

Solid copy.  paladin, out.

ItsOver

Quote from: zeebo on December 19, 2015, 02:05:45 PM
And there's a few more loons than usual flitting about the last few days.
Keep your eyes peeled, Zeebo.  They may be looking for snacks.

VtaGeezer

Quote from: JamesMcDonald on December 19, 2015, 01:18:37 PM
Art's claims have yet to be disproved.
Glad to see you're finally using the correct word for the Saga of Art v5.0.

Quote from: PaulAtreides on December 19, 2015, 01:40:25 PM
That have had their assholes reamed.

Reamed, cored out, prolapsed...

Freyja

Quote from: SredniVashtar on December 19, 2015, 01:57:15 PM

I couldn't care a tinker's damn what Art does or says. I don't say he is lying either. The problem (and where you fall into your self-dug hole) is that you are a moron. It's one think to ask to see evidence for a claim, another to say that someone is flat out lying. I can't make the determination that he is telling a deliberate falsehood, but I can say that he hasn't brought enough to the table to be believed outright.

If you want to believe someone who appears to be losing his grip then you are free to do so. I don't think - on the evidence of the last few months - that you could say that he is operating at optimum mental efficiency. In fact, I might even say that he is giving signs of hosting a small colony of bats in his upper-storey. Perhaps you and Art can go flying drones indoors together - it sounds like the sort of stuff you'd enjoy. Perhaps he'd even let you jerk him off afterwards.

Saying to someone 'you can't prove it's not true' falls into  the same category as all those other claims that think they are strong because they can't be tested. I can't  prove he wasn't shot at, but he can't prove he was. I can't say he's lying, I can only say that he hasn't given enough for us to believe him.

In the great scheme of things, I don't care one way or the other.

+1

All of what has happened lately with Art reminds me of one of Art's retirements ( can't remember which one) where he quit because of his back, yet he was heard live many a night sitting in his ham radio studio for hours on end, often longer than the duration of the show with the 3840 group.

Add to that his "hanging up the mic" for good.... not be on the air this night or any night", because being on the air is affecting his family's safety, yet less then 24 hours later his is on the air with Heather, however he quit or didn't quit , will do random shows/appearances....or sheesh, excuse me, "never said the word retire" 

I am not saying I believe or disbelieve this time around. Well said above Sredni! What will either believing, not believing or being skeptical do?

At this point I don't think it really matters anymore if Art is lying, not lying, telling half or whole truths.

I agree with what MV said on the Gabcast last night, when he said ( paraphrase) that it looks like Art just didn't want to do the show anymore. If he did, he had many other options to keep going with MITD however chose none.  At this point Art has burned too many bridges( Keith, staff, affiliates, many fans, the Cumulus deal) with his credibility to ever come back to any radio other than some small podcast somewhere...most won't touch him with more than a 1000' pole after this latest whatever.

Very, very sad.... :(

I don't think Art wants to do a show full time.

Quote from: rekcuf on December 19, 2015, 02:30:02 PM
Reamed, cored out, prolapsed...

Sounds a lot like the logic being used in this thread, i.e.--'listen and believe.'

bellNwhistle

Quote from: zeebo on December 19, 2015, 01:17:34 PM
Attn: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost ... You're on SIT tonite  8)

Saturday - December 19, 2015
6-10pm PT: Art Bell - Somewhere in Time returns to 7/30/97 when Native American elder Robert Ghostwolf addressed what the weird weather really means.

nice! 

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: JamesMcDonald on December 19, 2015, 01:18:37 PM
Art's claims have yet to be disproved.  Can you do that?  Do you have any evidence that Art wasn't shot at?

Has he any evidence he was? The police certainly don't believe so.

Do you have an proof that he's lying?  If so, please share it with us.  Like an adult.

How do you prove a positive when the ONLY evidence is his testimony? And he's reluctant to have a formal report filed..Surely it's important this assailant is found and apprehended, no?

Art's claims have yet to be taken seriously by the police; the press certainly haven't made a story from it.

That might be more the statement you could be asking. As you rightly said, innocent until proven guilty. AB isn't the one who is the alleged stalker. Funnily enough various names have been banded about in this forum as possible culprits; I haven't seen you berating those who make such accusations without evidence.

norland2424

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 19, 2015, 02:56:09 PM
Has he any evidence he was? The police certainly don't believe so.

How do you prove a positive when the ONLY evidence is his testimony? And he's reluctant to have a formal report filed..Surely it's important this assailant is found and apprehended, no?

Art's claims have yet to be taken seriously by the police; the press certainly haven't made a story from it.

That might be more the statement you could be asking. As you rightly said, innocent until proven guilty. AB isn't the one who is the alleged stalker. Funnily enough various names have been banded about in this forum as possible culprits; I haven't seen you berating those who make such accusations without evidence.

noory did it...

trostol

Quote from: paladin1991 on December 19, 2015, 01:31:02 PM
Like a bunch of fucking cherries.  "Hey Gunny, when are gonna get some more water?"  "Hey Gunny, I'm down to one magazine, when we gonna get some more ammo?"  Hey, Gunny, when we gonna get some hot chow?"  "Hey Gunny, I got sand in my clit.  Again."

that was great!!!!

Quote from: Freyja on December 19, 2015, 02:30:55 PM
+1

All of what has happened lately with Art reminds me of one of Art's retirements ( can't remember which one) where he quit because of his back, yet he was heard live many a night sitting in his ham radio studio for hours on end, often longer than the duration of the show with the 3840 group.

Add to that his "hanging up the mic" for good.... not be on the air this night or any night", because being on the air is affecting his family's safety, yet less then 24 hours later his is on the air with Heather, however he quit or didn't quit , will do random shows/appearances....or sheesh, excuse me, "never said the word retire" 

I am not saying I believe or disbelieve this time around. Well said above Sredni! What will either believing, not believing or being skeptical do?

At this point I don't think it really matters anymore if Art is lying, not lying, telling half or whole truths.

I agree with what MV said on the Gabcast last night, when he said ( paraphrase) that it looks like Art just didn't want to do the show anymore. If he did, he had many other options to keep going with MITD however chose none.  At this point Art has burned too many bridges( Keith, staff, affiliates, many fans, the Cumulus deal) with his credibility to ever come back to any radio other than some small podcast somewhere...most won't touch him with more than a 1000' pole after this latest whatever.

Very, very sad.... :(

Monday morning, I claimed Art had "retired." I was technically wrong. I made a poor choice of words, and I admitted that. However, IMO, what he said was essentially the same thing. Semantics... Art's retort: "I guess it doesn't matter to some people." Okay? I guess... It's a boring conversation anyway.

I don't think Art fabricated these events. I do think he used these events to exit the show. Permanently. I don't know why and I don't care. That ship sailed last weekend when Art allowed the choas to unfold. He could have mended bridges. He didn't. So, here we are. Is it the end of the world? No. I never said it was. Toots!

You da man, Art!

Art Bell

I am well aware I burned bridges, I said what I said and I can't take the words back and will not try but I will say I was emotional and had not had much if any sleep when I said them. I am a person who says what's on my mind at any given time and that was the case at that moment l, otherwise no excuses.

For those who think I lied about what happened I guess nothing else I can say will effect your opinion but know this, I put a hell of a lot of my own money into building my Studio, Advertising and so much more including my Heart and Soul into this effort. I did not give up easily and you all have no way of knowing how bad it was here for my Family which was the deciding factor for me.

I am still a Bell Gabber and not sorry I picked this site, I don't like easy and I don't like suck up's so I prefer it here and can hold my own.

I do think some of the things being said about Heather are below Bell Gab's normal low standards however.

Art

It just sucks. Cumulus was interested. MITD was on the brink of exploding big time.

It's just all disappointing

GravitySucks

Quote from: Art Bell on December 19, 2015, 03:03:17 PM
I am well aware I burned bridges, I said what I said and I can't take the words back and will not try but I will say I was emotional and had not had much if any sleep when I said them. I am a person who says what's on my mind at any given time and that was the case at that moment l, otherwise no excuses.

For those who think I lied about what happened I guess nothing else I can say will effect your opinion but know this, I put a hell of a lot of my own money into building my Studio, Advertising and so much more including my Heart and Soul into this effort. I did not give up easily and you all have no way of knowing how bad it was here for my Family which was the deciding factor for me.

I am still a Bell Gabber and not sorry I picked this site, I don't like easy and I don't like suck up's so I prefer it here and can hold my own.

I do think some of the things being said about Heather are below Bell Gab's normal low standards however.

Art

Just stay safe.  Be a mentor to Heather. Cohost GabCast once in awhile. Enjoy your family.

Roswells

csummers

Quote from: nooryisawesome on December 19, 2015, 02:36:21 PM
I don't think Art wants to do a show full time.

I agree but he loves to have fans hang on to his drama. My personal opinion is that he is a drama junkie. That leaves him in a tough spot because other than his radio show, he is just a 70 year old guy that is not in any way interesting beyond that.

When he is on the radio doing his show regularly he gets the attention he needs and can create drama. Only problem is he eventually tires of the show and quits in a dramatic way, which means he gets to live more drama.

Eventually he starts up with little hints and teasers about his possible return and he gets that drama fix again. He builds up hype about a new show and even gets caught up in it himself while completely forgetting the most important bug in the ointment.........he doesnt like doing the show after the initial launch and excitement drains away.

Quitting, returning, quitting, returning, little hint here, little hint there, could be guest host, might call in randomly as a surprise etc etc..........its the only way he can keep the drama going.

He appears to me to be addicted to drama and the only way he knows to generate it without fail is to keep quitting and returning over and over.

Once this latest drama act is long forgotten and art is no longer getting attention, he will start with the next teaser to get it going again.

He is almost due for his next attention fix, watch for some teasers real soon about a possible predictions show for new years as he will start to see postings slow down, and will have to up the drama meter again.. Its just his inner battle, loves the attention but the only way to get it is to do a show he no longer likes to do. Leaving and coming back gives him that drama and until he finds another way to get his drama fix he will continue to play that game as its the only way he knows for sure he will get the drama and attention he is addicted to. Unfortunately, like any addiction, its the people around the person and closest to them that get hurt by it all. Those in business with him on this latest venture surely learned this again, the hard way.

Dr. MD MD

Art

She's alright, Art but she could do it for the next year and still not be as good as you. I'm trying to give her a fair shot but the last week of shows weren't up to usual standards. It's a tough challenge and I don't envy her position. Please, make us all happy again and start doing at least one or two shows a week again. We'll probably be more likely to give Heather a chance if that happens.  :)

Art

You're human. I don't believe you made any decisions maliciously. Impulsively, YES! I still love you, Art. Like most people; I've been angry, disappointed, and upset with the people I love. The negative feelings will pass.  :)

bellNwhistle

You've put more than $$ into your show- you've obviously put a lot of blood, sweat and tears into everything you've done on the radio over the years.  I don't think anybody can truly argue that you haven't.   

I came here to commiserate with the rest of my fellow (disappointed) listeners.    It's been bumpy as hell in here. But I think it's because we really wanted to go on another (long) wild ride with you.

Uncle Duke

Art

Ich bin ein Bell Gabber.

Ciardelo

Art
Stay safe Art.

EarthAlien007

Art

Heather took on an impossible task.
There's only one Art Bell, and it would be great if you could come back to us.
I wish you could fight this stalker, offer a reward to nail this fool and get your freedom back.
Something...
You're sorely missed and I guess people are taking it out on Heather.

zeebo

Quote from: Ciardelo on December 19, 2015, 03:30:18 PM
Stay safe Art.

This.  (The rest is all noise by comparison.)

bellNwhistle

Quote from: zeebo on December 19, 2015, 03:35:34 PM
This.  (The rest is all noise by comparison.)
+1,000

nika01

Quote from: EarthAlien007 on December 19, 2015, 03:33:25 PM
Heather took on an impossible task.
There's only one Art Bell, and it would be great if you could come back to us.
I wish you could fight this stalker, offer a reward to nail this fool and get your freedom back.
Something...
You're sorely missed and I guess people are taking it out on Heather.
Only the mentally deficient and trolls are taking it out on Heather. Heather is infinetly preferable to most of the rest. I think we are lucky to have her.