• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

SaucyRossy

Quote from: Art Bell on September 13, 2015, 09:12:27 PM
I am not in the pool, but yes it was a good game!

Art

And right after I said that about the Giants Cowboys it ended up being a good game too

jazmunda

Monday night's guest: Charles Maxwell - The Hidden Secrets of Crop Circles.

http://artbell.com/mon-sep-14-charles-maxwell/

QuoteCharles Maxwell was born in London where he attended Millfield and has been overheard telling people â€" quite proudly â€" that Jeremy Clarkson of “Top Gear” did also (he didn’t).  Maxwell attended Southern Methodist University in Texas and graduated with a degree in English.  He attended graduate school at the University of Colorado Denver.  While making “A Field Full of Secrets”, Maxwell discovered the stunning hidden science of crop circles which led him down the path of rendering their 2D designs into a 3D machine… a ship driven by never-before-seen propulsion technology.  Maxwell lives in Malibu, California.

TigerLily

After a full day and evening of football and the Saturday Notre Dame game , my eyes are like 2 bloodshot widescreens but I feel sooo...satiated.  8)

Art. You are the Man. We love you very much. Never, ever leave us on our own again, either without your great show or here on this forum. You leave us for too long and we start back-biting each other and eating our young. We just cannot be left alone with each other here or on the air waves with only creepy Uncle sNorge to take care of our late night needs. 

You always remind us of what's really important. Family. Football. But most of all Art Bell Raging Through the Night. Or whatever time suits your schedule.

Love, TigerLily.

albrecht

Quote from: jazmunda on September 14, 2015, 12:14:12 AM

Wow, SMU reference, aside from the obvious and infamous, the only time I received a 'scented letter' (sigh) upon applying to various schools way back, was one from some lady to meet at some garden event or some such from an alumna. Regret, maybe? She seemed hot. A scented letter in high school? Or ever? Likely a scam, for recruiting students but still...I also think they got a bad deal. Many places did it and they were a scape-goat in many ways.

pate

ItsOver

Quote from: TigerLily on September 14, 2015, 12:24:40 AM
After a full day and evening of football and the Saturday Notre Dame game , my eyes are like 2 bloodshot widescreens but I feel sooo...satiated.  8)

Art. You are the Man. We love you very much. Never, ever leave us on our own again, either without your great show or here on this forum. You leave us for too long and we start back-biting each other and eating our young. We just cannot be left alone with each other here or on the air waves with only creepy Uncle sNorge to take care of our late night needs. 

You always remind us of what's really important. Family. Football. But most of all Art Bell Raging Through the Night. Or whatever time suits your schedule.

Love, TigerLily.

morgana213

Quote from: Mebee on September 13, 2015, 11:06:29 PM
Has anyone gotten Art's attention and suggested that he should stop blithely repeating false conspiracy-theory rumors as if they were true? Both the thing about the Inuit with the Earth axis tilt AND the thing about the Vatican telescope being called "Lucifer" are patently FALSE.

Umm....I found these and will just sit them here.

http://www.sciencetimes.com/articles/5453/20150406/global-climate-change-the-earth-has-shifted-say-inuit-elders.htm

http://www.popsci.com/science/article/2010-04/devil-named-telescope-helps-astronomers-see-through-darkness

If you're going to troll, at least make a good case.    ::)

AppealPlay

Quote from: jazmunda on September 14, 2015, 12:14:12 AM

Crop circles?  Awesome! :D

Freyja

Quote from: Art Bell on September 13, 2015, 08:02:12 PM
I said what I said because people were speculating that I was going to quit because of critical comments, I thought I already explained this a couple of times already?

Art

QuoteIt is far better to read what I say I am going to do as opposed to thinking out loud which I have always done here. If I am going to stop for some reason that is what I will say, trust me I will not leave you in doubt.

Art

Thank you for the clarification Art....I get the TOL ( thinking out loud). Your response is much appreciated :) ...not mysterious however quite reassuring!!  ;)

Mebee

Quote from: morgana213 on September 14, 2015, 03:41:47 AM
Umm....I found these and will just sit them here.

http://www.sciencetimes.com/articles/5453/20150406/global-climate-change-the-earth-has-shifted-say-inuit-elders.htm

http://www.popsci.com/science/article/2010-04/devil-named-telescope-helps-astronomers-see-through-darkness

If you're going to troll, at least make a good case.    ::)

You're just going to "sit them here", as if they prove you RIGHT? Really? From the first link:

Global Climate Change: The Earth Has Shifted, Say Inuit Elders
Muneeb KaziApr 06, 2015 09:08 PM EDT
Facebook  Linkedin  Twitter  Google+  Print  Email
A new warning has come to NASA from the Inuits. They are warning that the change in climate is not due to global warming but rather, because of the Earth shifting a bit.

The Inuits are local people that live in the Arctic regions of Canada, the United States and Greenland. They are excellent weather forecasters and so were their ancestors. Presently they are warning NASA that the cause of change in weather, earthquakes etc, are not due to global warming as the world thinks. They also report that

They state that the earth has shifted or "wobbled". "Their sky has changed!"

The elders declare that the sun rises at a different position now, not where it used to previously. They also have longer daylight to hunt now, the sun is much higher than earlier, and it gets warmer much quickly. Other elders across the north also confirmed the same thing about the sky changing when interviewed.

They also alleged that the position of sun, moon and stars have all changed causing changes in the temperature. This has also affected the wind and it is very difficult to predict the weather now and according to them predicting weather is necessary on Arctic.

All the elders confirmed that the Earth has shifted, wobbled or tilted toward the North.

This information provided by the Inuit Elders has caused a great concern in the NASA scientists.
[/b]

Sounds like the BS story Art was led to quote. I didn't say the STORY doesn't exist. I said it's conspiracy theory nonsense, and it is. This is a recycled story from a few years ago, with some new embellishments. Did you READ it? How can the Earth be "tilted toward the north"? That doesn't even make sense, nor does anything else in the article. Where are any references to these "elders", where "ALL" of them are saying this? Where is any reference to NASA being concerned? If NASA astronomers heard this story, they would not be concerned- they would be laughing. This is simply fear-mongering BS. The only thing true about it is that a few years ago a guy made a mini-documentary where a couple of old Inuit guys DID make silly claims about the sun setting in the wrong place. The Inuit have no corner on astronomical wisdom. The two old guys making the claims weren't actually living on the ice and being "one" with nature and the sky. They actually lived in a town in modern housing and hunt from snowmobiles. Here is the vid that started this whole thing: http://www.isuma.tv/inuit-knowledge-and-climate-change It came out in 2010. The claims about objects in the sky  being out of place are total NONSENSE. Ask ANY real astronomer.

Did you even read the second link? It specifically shows that the "Lucifer" instrument is NOT the Vatican telescope.

Art is contributing to the circulation of these false stories because he didn't take time to simply ask an astronomer about them.

AppealPlay

Hey, so Mebee, how's Premiere treating you these days? ::)

Mebee

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on September 14, 2015, 06:45:41 AM
Hey, so Mebee, how's Premiere treating you these days? ::)

Did you even READ what I posted? Snoory is responsible for perpetuating the "chemtrail" BS. I certainly don't back him.

Quote from: Mebee on September 14, 2015, 06:37:48 AM
I said it's conspiracy theory nonsense, and it is. This is a recycled story from a few years ago, with some new embellishments.

You'll find that's a running theme throughout the paranormal field, hosts putting forth that society is on the brink of disaster or that a change is in the air, though they can never account for what it is. Once the date of the most recent catastrophe passes, there will be another and another - business as usual. That's the nature of the beast when it comes to these sorts of programs: be vague enough that you're proven right eventually and if you're wrong, who would remember anyway? Art would always say that we're on the verge of something big and Noory's shtick is just a continuance of that attitude with more health related garbage mixed in.

It's fear-mongering masquerading as entertainment.

AppealPlay

Quote from: Mebee on September 14, 2015, 07:03:39 AM
Did you even READ what I posted? Snoory is responsible for perpetuating the "chemtrail" BS. I certainly don't back him.

It's just entertainment.  Come on, man.  Don't obsess over the veracity of things you hear on paranormal radio.  I don't think Bigfoot lives on some old woman's property in Texas but I definitely enjoyed the ride!

Mebee

Quote from: SixWeekTenure(tm) on September 14, 2015, 07:38:18 AM
You'll find that's a running theme throughout the paranormal field, hosts putting forth that society is on the brink of disaster or that a change is in the air, though they can never account for what it is. Once the date of the most recent catastrophe passes, there will be another and another - business as usual. That's the nature of the beast when it comes to these sorts of programs: be vague enough that you're proven right eventually and if you're wrong, who would remember anyway? Art would always say that we're on the verge of something big and Noory's shtick is just a continuance of that attitude with more health related garbage mixed in.

It's fear-mongering, plain and simple.

I think Snoory is an opportunistic ass. I think Art just let himself be taken in by these two stories. He should do some vetting before he lends credence by repeating them.

Mebee

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on September 14, 2015, 07:48:13 AM
It's just entertainment.  Come on, man.  Don't obsess over the veracity of things you hear on paranormal radio.  I don't think Bigfoot lives on some old woman's property in Texas but I definitely enjoyed the ride!

No. It wasn't part of an interview where Art lets the guest speak THEIR mind. I have no problem with that and it IS entertainment. This was Art PERSONALLY backing those two false stories.

BellBoy

Quote from: Mebee on September 13, 2015, 11:06:29 PM
Has anyone gotten Art's attention and suggested that he should stop blithely repeating false conspiracy-theory rumors as if they were true? Both the thing about the Inuit with the Earth axis tilt AND the thing about the Vatican telescope being called "Lucifer" are patently FALSE.
Quote from: Mebee on September 14, 2015, 06:37:48 AM
...Sounds like the BS story Art was led to quote. I didn't say the STORY doesn't exist. I said it's conspiracy theory nonsense, and it is. This is a recycled story from a few years ago, with some new embellishments. Did you READ it? How can the Earth be "tilted toward the north"? That doesn't even make sense, nor does anything else in the article. Where are any references to these "elders", where "ALL" of them are saying this? Where is any reference to NASA being concerned? If NASA astronomers heard this story, they would not be concerned- they would be laughing. This is simply fear-mongering BS. The only thing true about it is that a few years ago a guy made a mini-documentary where a couple of old Inuit guys DID make silly claims about the sun setting in the wrong place. The Inuit have no corner on astronomical wisdom. The two old guys making the claims weren't actually living on the ice and being "one" with nature and the sky. They actually lived in a town in modern housing and hunt from snowmobiles. Here is the vid that started this whole thing: http://www.isuma.tv/inuit-knowledge-and-climate-change It came out in 2010. The claims about objects in the sky  being out of place are total NONSENSE. Ask ANY real astronomer.

Did you even read the second link? It specifically shows that the "Lucifer" instrument is NOT the Vatican telescope.

Art is contributing to the circulation of these false stories because he didn't take time to simply ask an astronomer about them.

Art's show has always been about providing an entertaining forum for the strange, the weird and the just plain far-out-there. Art presents the guests, the callers and the news items that roughly fit into those categories and he does so in a very entertaining fashion.  Art doesn't assume that his listeners are all so stupid as to buy everything that comes down the pike. It's your job, as the listener to decide what is what.

It makes one wonder what it is that draws you to radio shows of the paranormal variety...
Perhaps NPR is more your style?

Or if you like the real, hard-sciencey stuff, give Hoagie a listen!  ;D

BellBoy

Quote from: Mebee on September 14, 2015, 07:56:26 AM
I think Snoory is an opportunistic ass. I think Art just let himself be taken in by these two stories. He should do some vetting before he lends credence by repeating them.
Quote from: Mebee on September 14, 2015, 07:58:11 AM
No. It wasn't part of an interview where Art lets the guest speak THEIR mind. I have no problem with that and it IS entertainment. This was Art PERSONALLY backing those two false stories.

Perhaps, Art can just run everything by you first, right before he goes on air each night. That would really help avoid any further unpleasantness, I think...

Mebee

Quote from: BellBoy on September 14, 2015, 08:12:10 AM
Perhaps, Art can just run everything by you first, right before he goes on air each night. That would really help avoid any further unpleasantness, I think...

I certainly could have kept him from depositing THOSE two aromatic turds on the air. Doesn't Art want to maintain any PERSONAL credibility? The sun is out of place in the sky and NASA needs some Inuit guys to tell them about it?? Seriously??!

Skunk Ape

Quote from: Mebee on September 14, 2015, 08:27:50 AM
I certainly could have kept him from depositing THOSE two aromatic turds on the air. Doesn't Art want to maintain any PERSONAL credibility? The sun is out of place in the sky and NASA needs some Inuit guys to tell them about it?? Seriously??!

Just started listening to the podcast. Art said it didn't sound likely that they would name it Lucifer... Doesn't sound like he backed it.

chefist

Quote from: Skunk Ape on September 14, 2015, 09:10:12 AM
Just started listening to the podcast. Art said it didn't sound likely that they would name it Lucifer... Doesn't sound like he backed it.

It's interesting to go back and look at specific user posts and evaluate the overall tone and content...and when you find they post 98% critical and negative comments of Art, MITD and the guests, then I think you have to conclude they are either a Dave Bot or just a disgruntled and bitter grump. 

I too did not interpret that Art actually thought it was called "Lucifer"...just that he had heard that story out there in the wooo universe... 8)

Mebee

Quote from: Skunk Ape on September 14, 2015, 09:10:12 AM

Then why would he repeat it? Which show was it on? I'll listen again.

Mebee

Quote from: chefist on September 14, 2015, 09:28:33 AM
It's interesting to go back and look at specific user posts and evaluate the overall tone and content...and when you find they post 98% critical and negative comments of Art, MITD and the guests, then I think you have to conclude they are either a Dave Bot or just a disgruntled and bitter grump. 

I too did not interpret that Art actually thought it was called "Lucifer"...just that he had heard that story out there in the wooo universe... 8)

What's interesting is that you would look for reasons to disparage a poster rather than simply addressing what he posted. I see you didn't touch the Inuit nonsense which, I believe, Art brought up a second time on a subsequent show. If Art is content to blithely repeat stuff he "heard on the internet", I'll be thinking less of him.

chefist

Quote from: Mebee on September 14, 2015, 09:45:32 AM
What's interesting is that you would look for reasons to disparage a poster rather than simply addressing what he posted. I see you didn't touch the Inuit nonsense which, I believe, Art brought up a second time on a subsequent show. If Art is content to blithely repeat stuff he "heard on the internet", I'll be thinking less of him.

Good morning, Dave!

AppealPlay

Quote from: Mebee on September 14, 2015, 09:45:32 AM

How's the dating website working out, Dave?

Mebee

Quote from: chefist on September 14, 2015, 09:48:11 AM
Good morning, Dave!

REPEAT: I think Snoory is an opportunistic ass.

Get a grip.

TigerLily

Quote from: SixWeekTenure(tm) on September 14, 2015, 07:38:18 AM
You'll find that's a running theme throughout the paranormal field....
It's fear-mongering masquerading as entertainment.
Unfortunately, so true.  I think political talk radio is the worst culprit. it's SOP for the Fox "News" nuts, but others see the ratings and jump on the fear-mongering bandwagon.

But Art and also George Knapp always seem to call BS on the current flavor-of-the-month conspiracy theory, i.e. Jade helm, Planet X and many, many others.  Bravo Art, for not pandering to the conspiracy nuts but willing to investigate them a bit like the September "sumthing's happeneen" current scare.

Mebee

Quote from: chefist on September 14, 2015, 09:48:11 AM
Good morning, Dave!

Wow... so nobody can make any criticism of anything Art does without being accused of being with the enemy? Wow... cult much?

chefist

Quote from: TigerLily on September 14, 2015, 09:55:21 AM
Unfortunately, so true.  I think political talk radio is the worst culprit. it's SOP for the Fox "News" nuts, but others see the ratings and jump on the fear-mongering bandwagon.

But Art and also George Knapp always seem to call BS on the current flavor-of-the-month conspiracy theory, i.e. Jade helm, Planet X and many, many others.  Bravo Art, for not pandering to the conspiracy nuts but willing to investigate them a bit like the September "sumthing's happeneen" current scare.

Left uses fear too...global warming, guns, race, etc...