• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Quote from: FightTheFuture on September 13, 2015, 09:36:09 AM
The Hitch chose to reside in DC,

A Godless land if ever there were one.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: FightTheFuture on September 13, 2015, 09:36:09 AM
The Hitch chose to reside in DC, so I assure you, not even the lure of his renown wine cellar could draw me within 3 zip codes of that sweltering cesspool of a town.

Only kidding, anyway. I am rather envious actually, I'd have liked to have met him, although I would probably have been disappointed as we so often are when we meet people we admire. Much as I liked him, I can't'say I exactly trusted him either as he was a bit of a rascal in many ways.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on September 13, 2015, 09:39:09 AM
A Godless land if ever there were was one.

Sorry, had to correct it for those who don't understand the original hayseed.

Quote from: SredniVashtar on September 13, 2015, 09:40:15 AM
Sorry, had to correct it for those who don't understand the original hayseed.

The subjunctive takes "were" not "was" my dear. You might want to brush up on the English language.

http://grammarist.com/grammar/subjunctive-mood/

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on September 13, 2015, 09:41:19 AM
The subjunctive takes "were" not "was" my dear. You might want to brush up on the English language.

Only in certain sister-fondling parts of the South does that abortion of a sentence make sense. Language is a living, breathing thing, not dry rabbit pellets you brush out of a cage. Really, give up on this one because you sound like a real dumbass.

And don't tell me how to speak the bloody language that we invented!!

BellBoy

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on September 13, 2015, 09:28:43 AM
Sure thing. My secret ingredient is lots and lots of apple seeds.

(Let me save you the trouble of going to Google. Apple seeds contain trace amounts of arsenic.)

I think you'll find that they, in fact, contain trace amounts of cyanide.

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on September 13, 2015, 09:41:19 AM

http://i58.tinypic.com/2hg70cy.png

Oh God, now we have to endure the insufferable limey ego, lecturing us about how they are the sole arbiters of proper English.

Quote from: BellBoy on September 13, 2015, 09:45:15 AM
I think you'll find that they, in fact, contain trace amounts of cyanide.

Damn it! You just gave Sredi ammo against me! I knew it was some type of poison.

Quote from: FightTheFuture on September 13, 2015, 09:45:34 AM
Oh God, now we have to endure the insufferable limey ego, lecturing us about how they are the sole arbiters of proper English.

Yes, but we speak American.  ;)

SredniVashtar

Rules, especially grammatical ones, are not there to be followed blindly but with sensitivity and a feeling for language. If you take it from a book all the time you sound like a robot. Or a Frenchman.

Ask Shakespeare.

Yorkshire pud

It could be worse; we could have the occasional yank telling us we speak British.

Quote from: SredniVashtar on September 13, 2015, 09:48:51 AM
Rules, especially grammatical ones, are not there to be followed blindly but with sensitivity and a feeling for language. If you take it from a book all the time you sound like a robot. Or a Frenchman.

Ask Shakespeare.

Or James Frey.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on September 13, 2015, 09:47:12 AM
Damn it! You just gave Sredi ammo against me! I knew it was some type of poison.

Didn't Alice Cooper do that one?

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on September 13, 2015, 09:49:28 AM
It could be worse; we could have the occasional yank telling us we speak British.

Haha! Don't you? How are things in Essex, by the way?  ;)

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on September 13, 2015, 09:47:44 AM
Yes, but we speak American.  ;)

Gutter English, as it is otherwise known. Ugh, how you rotten blighters ruin a beautiful thing with your vulgarity and those terrible chainsawing accents, the denizens of that vile Gehenna on the East Coast being the worst, where they all tawk funny.

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on September 13, 2015, 09:52:59 AM

Yes, thank you for reminding everyone of how Sredni derailed this thread. Back to Art.

I prefer a nice melodic scouser to lecture me on the finer points of the English language. But that`s just me.

BellBoy

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on September 13, 2015, 09:47:12 AM
Quote from: Yorkshire pud on September 13, 2015, 09:50:58 AM

Didn't Alice Cooper do that one?

And then, there is also this one...

(So embarrassing, the eighties)

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on September 13, 2015, 09:54:50 AM
Yes, thank you for reminding everyone of how Sredni derailed this thread. Back to Art.

Art`s a great guy. I hope this little radio thing works out for him. He might make something of himself some day.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on September 13, 2015, 09:51:25 AM
Haha! Don't you? How are things in Essex, by the way?  ;)

It's currently being sawn off the south east coast ready to be towed into the North Sea, up near Norway. The Norwegians aren't too happy about it, even though we offered to take a couple of fjords in exchange.

WhiteCrow

Quote from: SredniVashtar on September 13, 2015, 08:58:06 AM
You're right, we should trust the Catholic church to teach us all about morality. Oh, when they're not buggering little boys of course. I'd rather have my head in the clouds than up my own arse.

...and there we have it folks, the narrowed thinking of a meditative enlighten elitist.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: WhiteCrow on September 13, 2015, 10:20:23 AM
...and there we have it folks, the narrowed mind of a meditative enlighten elitist.

Once again the winner of the "Never being able to write a simple sentence without fucking it up" award goes to WhiteCrow.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: WhiteCrow on September 13, 2015, 10:20:23 AM
...and there we have it folks, the narrowed mind of a meditative enlighten elitist.

you're so predictable SV  ;)

(smiley face trolling = forum art)

Is that a roundabout way of saying he's right?

starrmtn001

Quote from: SredniVashtar on September 13, 2015, 10:25:47 AM
Once again the winner of the "Never being able to write a simple sentence without fucking it up"
I love it when you talk dirty. ;D

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on September 13, 2015, 10:26:51 AM

Is that a roundabout way of saying he's right?

I don't think even Turing would be equal to decrypting that bugger's effusions.

WhiteCrow

have fun kids.. back from Mass and painting my face Green and Gold to watch the modern "opiate of the masses" the NFL.
The moral good guys the Green Bay Packers vs the depraved Chicago Bear.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: WhiteCrow on September 13, 2015, 10:30:38 AM
The moral good guy's the Green Bay Packers vs the depraved Chicago Bear.

And again! The man's an artist, in his way.

K_Dubb

Glenn Gould was a dick, too.