• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Steam Summer Sale 2017

Started by LucaParcelli, July 05, 2017, 01:35:12 AM

LucaParcelli

Anyone buy anything this time around?

I am increasingly disappointed in the lack of energy around these Steam sales for PC games.

Or maybe just the waning interest in video games...

I bought one game, Leisure Suit Larry : Remastered (a remake of one of the best games of my childhood), and refunded it 30 minutes later for lack of quality.

Sigh :(

zeebo

I picked up a couple, even though I already have games from previous sales I've never even installed yet lol.  For some reason it's rare these days for me to really get into a game.  But I figure for a few bucks I can take a chance and maybe something will click.  I think I got Fallout:NV for like five bucks a year ago and it became one of my all-time faves. 

Lately I've been lazy and mostly just playing casual puzzle games, as I seem to have lost patience in epic games with complicated interfaces, etc.  Often you can pick those up on Steam for super cheap.  I got The Room awhile back and that was kind of fun so I grabbed its sequel on sale for like a dollar.

heater

Buy the original Left 4 Dead for $1.99 right now and we will set up a time to play as a group.

Dr. MD MD

If anyone wants a fun and goofy game from the good old days of the mac this one's been enhanced and extended but still maintains the original great sounds and gameplay of the original. I think I'm getting this one.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/497510/Crystal_Quest_Classic/

Also, this looks sick but fun. Hey! If they didn't want to get shot they shouldn't have gone skiing.  ::) ;D

http://store.steampowered.com/app/635310/Ski_Sniper/

I'm also temped by this one. Maybe I'll try to recreate those faces on Mars.  ;)

http://store.steampowered.com/app/230290/Universe_Sandbox/

LucaParcelli

Quote from: themudking on July 05, 2017, 05:42:09 AM
Buy the original Left 4 Dead for $1.99 right now and we will set up a time to play as a group.
I already own and love Left 4 Dead 1 and 2.

If you're serious, let's do this!

heater

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on July 05, 2017, 09:03:59 AM
If anyone wants a fun and goofy game from the good old days of the mac this one's been enhanced and extended but still maintains the original great sounds and gameplay of the original. I think I'm getting this one.

Also, this looks sick but fun. Hey! If they didn't want to get shot they shouldn't have gone skiing.  ::) ;D

I'm also temped by this one. Maybe I'll try to recreate those faces on Mars.  ;)

Get Universe Sandbox!  A guy I know (who's dad I used to buy computer parts from) created that game independently many years ago and it's nice to see it continue and expand.  I remember playing an early version and having a black hole pull our solar system into it.  Fun times!

Luca:  I am serious.  I talked to MV about it, he is ready to play.  We just need to set a date and do it. I may do some test streaming of the game tonight after I get my kids to bed.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: themudking on July 05, 2017, 05:42:09 AM

by doing so, you'll have the opportunity to play l4d with THEEE emmvee.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: themudking on July 05, 2017, 04:42:30 PM
Get Universe Sandbox!  A guy I know (who's dad I used to buy computer parts from) created that game independently many years ago and it's nice to see it continue and expand.  I remember playing an early version and having a black hole pull our solar system into it.  Fun times!

Luca:  I am serious.  I talked to MV about it, he is ready to play.  We just need to set a date and do it. I may do some test streaming of the game tonight after I get my kids to bed.

let me know if you'd like me to join in on the gayyyme.

Dr. MD MD

I would love to! It looks amazing. Unfortunately, I discovered that mac's gpu is sorely lacking at only a piddly 256MB of vram. The game requires at least twice that much and preferably 4X as much. Sigh. Come on, Apple! Get your shit together and release a hot rod version of the macmini soon.  ::)

trostol

i looked every day and was..underwhelmed really

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: trostol on July 05, 2017, 05:10:36 PM
i looked every day and was..underwhelmed really

Crystal Quest is a lot of fun and super cheap.  ;)

LucaParcelli

Quote from: zeebo on July 05, 2017, 03:08:53 AM
I picked up a couple, even though I already have games from previous sales I've never even installed yet lol.  For some reason it's rare these days for me to really get into a game.  But I figure for a few bucks I can take a chance and maybe something will click.  I think I got Fallout:NV for like five bucks a year ago and it became one of my all-time faves. 

Lately I've been lazy and mostly just playing casual puzzle games, as I seem to have lost patience in epic games with complicated interfaces, etc.  Often you can pick those up on Steam for super cheap.  I got The Room awhile back and that was kind of fun so I grabbed its sequel on sale for like a dollar.
I am SO there. Having a career puts it into perspective. No time for games :/

I LOVED Fallout NV, and it's one of the last games I played through from start to finish. Skyrim was another...

I have made a minor transition to some games on the iPad though... Mostly because I can play them at work... Board games are GREAT on the iPad. I just checked, and I have 182 games on my Steam account... Mostly bought cheap on sales... I'd hate to see the completion ratio on my account.

LucaParcelli

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on July 05, 2017, 09:03:59 AM

Thanks for the recommendations! I added them all to my wishlist :) Bless us Gaben with another sale...

LucaParcelli

Hello MudKing. I am free tonight! I'm on the west coast and should be free after 7 or 8 PM... Looking forward to this!

LucaParcelli

Quote from: Σ> on July 05, 2017, 04:55:14 PM

It would be an honor to be your Zoey... PILLS HERE!

Looking forward to this MV...

I'll have to PM you and the MudKing my Steam account and we will hook this up.

WildCard

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on July 05, 2017, 05:02:34 PM
I would love to! It looks amazing. Unfortunately, I discovered that mac's gpu is sorely lacking at only a piddly 256MB of vram. The game requires at least twice that much and preferably 4X as much. Sigh. Come on, Apple! Get your shit together and release a hot rod version of the macmini soon.  ::)

you should come to the dark side.
the only thing i miss about mac is iTunes and they already ruined that.

heater

Quote from: Σ> on July 05, 2017, 04:55:14 PM

New MV won't be joining right?  Asking for a friend of a friend.  I prefer original formula MV

trostol

should have bought American Truck Simulator while it was on sale..that is my only regret..though Saturday Morning RPG is just 69 cents atm lol

zeebo

Quote from: trostol on July 05, 2017, 08:11:39 PM
should have bought American Truck Simulator while it was on sale..that is my only regret..though Saturday Morning RPG is just 69 cents atm lol

You can still get the Goat Simulator bundle for 10% off.     ;D

Designx

Quote from: zeebo on July 05, 2017, 03:08:53 AM

Games overall have become way too complicated. Recent games like Nex Machina buck that trend though.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Designx on July 05, 2017, 10:14:28 PM
Games overall have become way too complicated. Recent games like Nex Machina buck that trend though.

Yeah. I agree. I've been playing the original Dungeon Siege with my 4yo daughter and she loves it. The skeletons freak her out. It's such a great formula for a game, though. Wish they'd make something else like it.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: WildCard on July 05, 2017, 07:39:49 PM
you should come to the dark side.
the only thing i miss about mac is iTunes and they already ruined that.

It's nothing personal. I'm just unwilling to endure the deluge of malware that comes with Windows.

heater

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on July 05, 2017, 10:46:19 PM
It's nothing personal. I'm just unwilling to endure the deluge of malware that comes with Windows.

This is why I only use the best PC parts to build my hackintosh. For $1200 I can have 1 partitioned OS for not getting malware and another to play games / work / surf the web / everything else. And it's faster than a base model Mac Pro.

heater

I can successfully play L4D on my streaming rig so now all we need to do is pick a night to play.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: themudking on July 06, 2017, 08:00:30 AM
This is why I only use the best PC parts to build my hackintosh. For $1200 I can have 1 partitioned OS for not getting malware and another to play games / work / surf the web / everything else. And it's faster than a base model Mac Pro.

Yeah, I'm considering doing that myself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKqdDiL8t80