• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

President Donald J. Trump

Started by The General, February 11, 2011, 01:33:34 AM

albrecht

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on January 10, 2017, 12:20:41 AM
Mazel Tov!
The lime will do it. What I wonder is....during the USSR days was the drink "White Russian" banned for politics? Or simply not available due to whatever milk schedules and delivery problems?  ;)

Jackstar

I remember when it was supposedly "hard" to get good vodka, and only the Russians could make good vodka, and, you know...

Obvious pysop is obvious... now.

paladin1991

Quote from: 21st Century Man on January 03, 2017, 11:02:13 AM
I liked that.   I'm fine as long as they don't play the Mexican National Anthem.
You mean this one?

https://youtu.be/16B5Xm8_IKw

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Jackstar on January 10, 2017, 04:22:14 AM

I'll probably be dead before they ever get around to it...and, as you so often point out, I'm already dead.  ;)

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 10, 2017, 04:39:44 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_LgpvpKtxM

The ironic thing about Trump's petulant response to Meryl Streep (especially the Golden Globes), is he so desperately wanted to win one, but wasn't in the final reckoning several times. He's resentful about that. What stung him wasn't her saying he was a bully or a misogynist or made nasty gestures about a disabled journalist.

What hurt his fragile ego was her commentating on his performance. Performance or rather perception of it, is everything to him. He needs to be adored, he isn't troubled by being right or wrong, just the perception in his mind that he's recognised for his act. He'd dearly love a Golden globe (or any other bauble from the world of TV and/or film) that gave him standing among his peers. The realisation he isn't in that club prompted him to throw out his toys and give out the ridiculous tweet that Meryl Streep is over rated as an actor.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 10, 2017, 10:07:33 AM
The ironic thing about Trump's petulant response to Meryl Streep (especially the Golden Globes), is he so desperately wanted to win one, but wasn't in the final reckoning several times. He's resentful about that. What stung him wasn't her saying he was a bully or a misogynist or made nasty gestures about a disabled journalist.

What hurt his fragile ego was her commentating on his performance. Performance or rather perception of it, is everything to him. He needs to be adored, he isn't troubled by being right or wrong, just the perception in his mind that he's recognised for his act. He'd dearly love a Golden globe (or any other bauble from the world of TV and/or film) that gave him standing among his peers. The realisation he isn't in that club prompted him to throw out his toys and give out the ridiculous tweet that Meryl Streep is over rated as an actor.

You keep telling yourself that. I suppose, in your mind, it's better than admitting you're desperately out of touch.  ;)

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 10, 2017, 10:23:20 AM
You keep telling yourself that. I suppose, in your mind, it's better than admitting you're desperately out of touch.  ;)

You keep convincing yourself he doesn't want to be in the Hollywood set. The set that gave him a star in the walk of fame that he acknowledged was from powerful people in Hollywood. He got the raspberry award for worst supporting actor, in a scene with the most wooden Bo Derek! That had to hurt him.  :)

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 10, 2017, 04:36:55 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9m7iA7QZBi4

Trump needs to be more like Reagan when it comes to these douchebags.  Just ignore them. Don't give them the satisfaction of a response.  That will piss these douchebags off even more.  Instead Trump posts his silly tweets that make him look juvenile.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 21st Century Man on January 10, 2017, 10:46:51 AM
Trump needs to be more like Reagan when it comes to these douchebags.  Just ignore them. Don't give them the satisfaction of a response.  That will piss these douchebags off even more.  Instead Trump posts his silly tweets that make him look juvenile.

You're under the mistaken impression that they're still in charge and leading opinions. They aren't. He should be tearing them a new one for attempting to undermine democracy because they didn't get their way this time. Spoiled children, all...and they need to be treated that way.  ::)

3OctaveFart

You are under the delusion that this guy is (a) an adult and (2) of sound mind.

He is not well.

albrecht

Why did C-Span app switch away from the Sen Sessions insipid confirmation hearing to the opening prayer of the House ("God of the Universe") and some rule suspension and Pledge of Allegiance and to one-minute speeches??

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 10, 2017, 10:52:03 AM
You're under the mistaken impression that they're still in charge and leading opinions. They aren't. He should be tearing them a new one for attempting to undermine democracy because they didn't get their way this time. Spoiled children, all...and they need to be treated that way.  ::)

You completely miss the point, again! He would far sooner be in Hollywood with the glamour than be POTUS. He can relate to spoilt children, he is a spoilt child. You think he dd Apprentice because he wanted to give a hand up? Seriously?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 10, 2017, 11:09:34 AM
You completely miss the point, again! He would far sooner be in Hollywood with the glamour than be POTUS. He can relate to spoilt children, he is a spoilt child. You think he dd Apprentice because he wanted to give a hand up? Seriously?

No, I didn't miss yet another of your lame attempts to undermine confidence in the president. I just think it's lame.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 10, 2017, 11:12:13 AM
No, I didn't miss yet another of your lame attempts to undermine confidence in the president. I just think it's lame.

You see; you're trying that thinking thing again. Don't. Because you start believing whatever deluded transfer of electric impulses in that blancmange of yours. Just stop it.

And quite honestly if my comments undermine confidence n the POTUS (ether his or anyone elses), he's fucked. He should go and play in the ball pool and leave it to the grown ups.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 10, 2017, 11:16:36 AM
You see; you're trying that thinking thing again. Don't. Because you start believing whatever deluded transfer of electric impulses in that blancmange of yours. Just stop it.

How's the queen?

albrecht

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 10, 2017, 11:09:34 AM
Out of curiosity are all these Russian, Saudis, Qataris, Chinese etc buying up property (some oddly that fall into despair as it is just a place to place to park cash or get around capital controls by their countries) actually getting freehold property or just like many a long-term lease from whatever Duke or Earl ultimately owns the property?

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: albrecht on January 10, 2017, 11:18:11 AM
Out of curiosity are all these Russian, Saudis, Qataris, Chinese etc buying up property (some oddly that fall into despair as it is just a place to place to park cash or get around capital controls by their countries) actually getting freehold property or just like many a long-term lease from whatever Duke or Earl ultimately owns the property?

You mean in the UK? I don't honestly know. The property prices have gone beyond reasoning in London because of foreign money laundering; I mean investment. But whether they're freehold or leased, I don't know. Bit of both?

albrecht

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 10, 2017, 11:21:44 AM
You mean in the UK? I don't honestly know. The property prices have gone beyond reasoning in London because of foreign money laundering; I mean investment. But whether they're freehold or leased, I don't know. Bit of both?
;) Yeah, London and Home Counties, I don't know how the real estate is working elsewhere thought I think crofting etc still exist up North in Scotland etc. But I recall one place I lived (rental) for a short time and the lease was to one company but looking into it was actually leasing from a guy who had some several hundred year lease who hired a firm to lease it out to ex-pats etc but ultimate owner was Duke of Westminster, it might have been some Earl, I forget. He owns the whole blocks but establishments and people sometimes were there for decades but actually under long-term leases, which due to their length and terms were, almost, effectively property ownership. I was astounded how much was actually owned by royals and so wondered if the 'new royals' from Arabia etc are actually buying property or just long-term leases like others have done.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: albrecht on January 10, 2017, 11:31:28 AM
;) Yeah, London and Home Counties, I don't know how the real estate is working elsewhere thought I think crofting etc still exist up North in Scotland etc. But I recall one place I lived (rental) for a short time and the lease was to one company but looking into it was actually leasing from a guy who had some several hundred year lease who hired a firm to lease it out to ex-pats etc but ultimate owner was Duke of Westminster, it might have been some Earl, I forget. He owns the whole blocks but establishments and people sometimes were there for decades but actually under long-term leases, which due to their length and terms were, almost, effectively property ownership. I was astounded how much was actually owned by royals and so wondered if the 'new royals' from Arabia etc are actually buying property or just long-term leases like others have done.

The old D of W died last year, and I understand the lawyers had been busy to ensure his heir didn't stump up much in the way of inheritance tax. Richest property owner in the UK, so your account doesn't surprise me at all.

Charles effectively owns Cornwall.

Kidnostad3

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 10, 2017, 12:03:32 AM
That's all well and good but you're ignoring the hypocrisy of someone attempting to demonize Russia while being heavily invested there. Does that not strike you as disingenuous, to say the least?

Hey Doc, I'm begin' ya, don't use that avatar any more.  It makes me go all medieval in my thinking and I have quite enough in the way of pent up hostility and murderous thoughts to deal with.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on January 10, 2017, 12:04:20 PM
Hey Doc, I'm begin' ya, don't use that avatar any more.  It makes me go all medieval in my thinking and I have quite enough in the way of pent up hostility and murderous thoughts to deal with.

Alright. It just made me laugh my ass off...but I'll change it.  ;D

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 10, 2017, 12:08:48 PM
Alright. It just made me laugh my ass off...but I'll change it.  ;D

Understandable. Aggrandising someone charged with a hate crime..Your kinda guy.

Kidnostad3

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 10, 2017, 12:19:40 PM
Understandable. Aggrandising someone charged with a hate crime..Your kinda guy.

Thanks dude.