• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The GabCast (A podcast about BellGab)

Started by onan, October 22, 2013, 06:30:19 PM

moosie

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on April 24, 2018, 09:48:55 PM
I'm remiss.. I didn't come back to this thread to see all the greetings and questions...Okay..  :-[

Thanks for the welcomes back..It's appreciated, but I've posted considerably elsewhere before I got around to here so , erm, yeah..

What do I fly? Radio control gliders. I only brought three over from the UK when I moved to CA, one is still unfinished but I'm looking forward to having that fly sometime this year. The picture above is of Los Banos, a two hour drive south from here. For those that are interested, it has a prevailing changeable wind direction and banging thermals followed by brutal sink.. Landing can be tricky because of rotor on the back side of the slope.. Erm, that's it. I don't fly powered aircraft.

Los Banos is really lovely. How large are they? How do you launch your radio control gliders? In between my home and Edwards AFB they have two large radio control hobbyist areas. After I was unable to fly powered anymore I had thought about stopping by and checking it out. I have only seen powered RC here.

AZZERAE

You know what would be interesting?

If MV got Keith Rowland on as a guest, to interview, on the GabCast!

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: moosie on April 25, 2018, 10:11:01 AM
Los Banos is really lovely. How large are they? How do you launch your radio control gliders? In between my home and Edwards AFB they have two large radio control hobbyist areas. After I was unable to fly powered anymore I had thought about stopping by and checking it out. I have only seen powered RC here.

The sizes flown vary.. I've currently got a four metre scale Minimoa nearly finished. (pics taken in my old garden)..But the ones I do have, one has a five foot wingspan, the other is over eight.  I fly slope soaring, I haven't done winch or bungee launch. My one and only attempt at aero tow ended in disaster and put me off for life. This scale Schweitzer was at Los Banos. Lovely model..

Lilith

Quote from: Azzerae on April 25, 2018, 10:38:26 AM

That would be AWESOME!!!

Quote from: brig on April 25, 2018, 04:55:45 PM
That would be AWESOME!!!

It would. Let Keith air his perspective. I kind of doubt Keith would want to come on though since he is convinced everyone here hates him.

Morgus

Quote from: Azzerae on April 25, 2018, 10:38:26 AM

I seem to recall, wasn't Keith a guest on the gabcast years ago one time before?

Quote from: Morgus on April 25, 2018, 06:03:49 PM
I seem to recall, wasn't Keith a guest on the gabcast years ago one time before?

He was, in April 2015, to talk about the pre-MITD drama.

Juan

Quote from: TheMan WhoFell ToEarth on April 25, 2018, 06:18:23 PM
And he and MV reached a level of agreement.

Morgus

Quote from: TheMan WhoFell ToEarth on April 25, 2018, 06:18:23 PM
I thought so.
And now we have MITD drama, 3 years later in April yet again...

AZZERAE

Quote from: Morgus on April 25, 2018, 06:03:49 PM

He was indeed, Morgus. It wasn't on for very long though.

I'm hoping it could be a long form interview like MV did with Art, though.

I doubt it'll ever happen though.

Quote from: Azzerae on April 26, 2018, 03:26:02 AM
He was indeed, Morgus. It wasn't on for very long though.

I'm hoping it could be a long form interview like MV did with Art, though.

I doubt it'll ever happen though.

I doubt he'd come back on because he thinks everyone here harbors bad feelings for him, which just isn't true.

Lilith

Quote from: TheMan WhoFell ToEarth on April 26, 2018, 03:35:49 AM
I doubt he'd come back on because he thinks everyone here harbors bad feelings for him, which just isn't true.

We are SO misunderstood

GravitySucks

Quote from: brig on April 26, 2018, 04:05:16 AM
We are SO misunderstood

Yep. You should have heard the shriek when falkie found a Skype request from grub.

Lilith

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 26, 2018, 04:07:14 AM
Yep. You should have heard the shriek when falkie found a Skype request from grub.

I went and listened to that extra hour when I saw your post.  I'm glad to know that he did indeed see that I had reached out to him when he asked for people to send him a contact request.  Its too bad he didn't see that I even tried to call, heard his skype ringing, but alas, he did not answer it.  My call was the second skype call that you heard on his stream.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: TheMan WhoFell ToEarth on April 25, 2018, 05:28:06 PM
It would. Let Keith air his perspective. I kind of doubt Keith would want to come on though since he is convinced everyone here hates him.

I kinda doubt he'd chance it right now with Heather on the warpath. She might call in and call him a liar. Plus, considering how disgusted we are by Heather's airing of dirty laundry (bogus or real), it wouldn't be cool for Keith to do the same. He has more to lose here, and it might sour future business relationships.

That said, I would really be interested in MV having him on, and just letting the guy talk about Art. I wouldn't necessarily take a bunch of callers, and I would advise Keith to stick with just his work and personal relationship with Art over the years- brushing lightly over MITD, but certainly talking about how that all came about, and how much Art was still behind the scenes after he finally quit. (Barely mention Heather).

trust_no_one

Quote from: bellNwhistle on April 26, 2018, 05:22:51 AM
I kinda doubt he'd chance it right now with Heather on the warpath. She might call in and call him a liar. Plus, considering how disgusted we are by Heather's airing of dirty laundry (bogus or real), it wouldn't be cool for Keith to do the same. He has more to lose here, and it might sour future business relationships.

That said, I would really be interested in MV having him on, and just letting the guy talk about Art. I wouldn't necessarily take a bunch of callers, and I would advise Keith to stick with just his work and personal relationship with Art over the years- brushing lightly over MITD, but certainly talking about how that all came about, and how much Art was still behind the scenes after he finally quit. (Barely mention Heather).

I agree, if MV could get Keith on the Gabcast to just talk about Art, see all be up for that.

Can understand with all the drama now why that wouldn't work though.

Seems like Keith could provide a really unique perspective on Art that we want to hear.

MV, you're the man who can make that happen!

Lilith

I would like MV to do both shows, one where Keith talks about Art, and one where Keith gets to tell whatever he wants to tell about the Drama.  Something for everyone :D

Maybe MV could even get both Keith AND Heather on to "Discuss" :D

bellNwhistle

Quote from: brig on April 26, 2018, 05:39:06 AM
I would like MV to do both shows, one where Keith talks about Art, and one where Keith gets to tell whatever he wants to tell about the Drama.  Something for everyone :D

Maybe MV could even get both Keith AND Heather on to "Cuss" :D
FIFY ;D

Loaded

Having MV interview Keith on the Gabcast would be awesome!  Maybe Keith would agree if they limited the discussion to memories of Art and not the recent MITD drama.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Loaded on April 26, 2018, 04:56:16 PM
Having MV interview Keith on the Gabcast would be awesome!  Maybe Keith would agree if they limited the discussion to memories of Art and not the recent MITD drama.
After he meets with the lawyers, perhaps?
https://twitter.com/KeithRowland/status/989784460680876032

Morgus

So from Keith's twitter posts today, he assumes most of Bellgab hates him including MV?

Chine

Quote from: Morgus on April 27, 2018, 02:57:15 PM
So from Keith's twitter posts today, he assumes most of Bellgab hates him including MV?

Dateline

You just gave soooo much support as to why Keith Rowland should come on the Gabcast this weekend.  That is, if there is a weekend Gabcast.

I'd like to hear Keith talk about his friendship and working relationship with Art too. He was essentially Art's longest lasting cohort and we haven't heard much out of him since Art passed. If anyone should be doing a tribute to Art it should be Keith. I asked MV about this and he suspects Keith over the years would have had Art's secrecy and mystery pounded in his head and wouldn't be willing to talk anyway.

It's a shame Keith can't come to the table, realize we do not hate him, and would like to get along.

Taco Bell

If the sexist man in radio can make the jump from C2C to the bellgab air waves for Art, then Keith should be able to find his way here too. Would love to hear it.

ponyboysunset

Relistening to the Art Bell interview. Some great gems in there.

Time for a new Gabcast me thinks. Someone needs to reach out to Heather and see if she is willing to go on, probably not but one can hope.

Quote from: TheMan WhoFell ToEarth on April 27, 2018, 08:40:32 PM
I'd like to hear Keith talk about his friendship and working relationship with Art too. He was essentially Art's longest lasting cohort and we haven't heard much out of him since Art passed. If anyone should be doing a tribute to Art it should be Keith. I asked MV about this and he suspects Keith over the years would have had Art's secrecy and mystery pounded in his head and wouldn't be willing to talk anyway.

It's a shame Keith can't come to the table, realize we do not hate him, and would like to get along.

GravitySucks

Quote from: nooryisawesome on May 03, 2018, 07:09:44 AM
Time for a new Gabcast me thinks. Someone needs to reach out to Heather and see if she is willing to go on, probably not but one can hope.

I got banned from her FB page last time I asked. Oh BTW Lasha is the admin for her FB page.