Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

pate

so pate (me) turns up the radio one random Saturday:

Jorch: " ... and pours salt 'init' ... "

I didn't listen much further, and searched for local pop, 'twas gooood

Quote from: 21st Century Man on December 13, 2014, 03:33:24 AM
Try living in that part of the country.  I lived in Jersey for 6 years and I was talking like DeNiro by the time I moved. Having to listen to it every day gets a little grating.  Luckily, I adopted a lazy genial Southern accent after a few years back in the South.

I would love Nores to make Jan a contributor like Linda Howe. Maybe Jan can do food stories. Then "Conversations with Jan" during the final hour.
She seems to mean well. I think.
But her voice reminds me a lot of Sal Rosenberg from the Jerky Boys

Who

Quote from: zeebo on December 13, 2014, 02:50:33 AM
This guest keeps talking about all the great things we're here for, love and sunsets and learning ... but I'd like to ask, why all the discomfort, and drudgery, and pointless time-wasting b.s.  He also says we chose our parents, and our journey etc., so I'd like to ask, how'd I get to be such an idiot that I chose this particular one?

Sylvia Browne used to peddle the same stuff.  If we map out our lives in advance, why would anyone choose to be born to dirt-poor, drug-adicted abusive parents in the inner city?  Or choose to be born in Afghanistan to Taliban parents?  The reality?  Life is one huge roll of the cosmic dice.  Some win, most lose.  Life is a bitch and then you die.

WOTR

Sylvia Browne?  I have not thought about her in awhile.  She must be what- one or two by now?  She is growing up so fast.  Soon she will be talking and toilet trained and Jorch will be able to interview her again.

Hopefully she did not choose the path of one of the poor children born with a mental handicap this time- it would make it much harder to scam money peddling her brand of crap.

albrecht

Quote from: Doctor Who on December 13, 2014, 08:21:59 AM
Sylvia Browne used to peddle the same stuff.  If we map out our lives in advance, why would anyone choose to be born to dirt-poor, drug-adicted abusive parents in the inner city?  Or choose to be born in Afghanistan to Taliban parents?  The reality?  Life is one huge roll of the cosmic dice.  Some win, most lose.  Life is a bitch and then you die.
I think the charlatans would answer this by claiming that "we choose that shitty life" because of some bad decisions in a former life and so are trying to make amends. That, or, some clap-trap about harsh conditions teaching us valuable life lessons. Or, not to worry- if you use your charkras and special guardian angel and listen to the right frequency so your aura vibrates to the universe it will all be ok.
-GNS

Quote from: albrecht on December 13, 2014, 03:04:45 PM
I think the charlatans would answer this by claiming that "we choose that shitty life" because of some bad decisions in a former life and so are trying to make amends. That, or, some clap-trap about harsh conditions teaching us valuable life lessons. Or, not to worry- if you use your charkras and special guardian angel and listen to the right frequency so your aura vibrates to the universe it will all be ok.
-GNS

I believe they would say it was about growth.  You have to live those lives to understand it from a million different perspectives.  The type of life I think conflicts most with their truths, and its a common one, is the type of life that never amounts to anything.

Juan Cena

Quote from: Major Ed Damien on December 13, 2014, 01:55:50 AM
George:  "Why would they cremate Amelia Earharts's ashes?"

Same reason the Firemen burned the ashes of the books that they burned in Fahrenheit 451 - because they could.

"Did Jim Morrison leave the door open to the bathroom?  Because that could have been some kind of clue.  Absolutely.  There's just no doubt about it."

I talked to an alien who abducted me the other day, and I asked him George's question from the other night:

"Did aliens build the pyramids?"

Well, this alien started laughing.  It was a little frightening, to tell you the truth, because the laughing was all done through his nose nozzle.

When he got through with his laugh-snorting and was able to communicate further, he sent a translated message to my mind:

"Everybody always asks if we aliens built those stupid goddamned pyramids.  Your planet's idiots, like George Noory, never ask, "WHY would aliens build the pyramids?"

"Why, why, why?"

"Why is it that we would drop everything on our own planet and come that far to work on something that looked that crude?   (He used a lot of "whys" and a lot of "thats.")

"First of all, we wouldn't have used that shitty-looking stone.  We would have built something the SIZE of Egypt out of stuff you've never seen before.  It would disappear and re-appear like a hologram in an acid vision.  See, we've had a few trillion years of existence, so it would have been a tad more sophisticated than a dumbassed triangle cube thingy.  There would have been no doubt whatsoever that we had done construction on your Stuckey's of a planet.  Got it?"

"Oh, I see," he received from my thoughts.  "Well, why then did you come all the way across the galaxy to abduct me?"

And his mind telepathed a quick reply: "You have a very interesting-looking anus.  It was well worth the distance.  You won't mind if I probe it now, will you?"

I have to admit that part of me was flattered.  But the other part --my anus part -- violently attempted to resist.  But he used his nose nozzle laugher thingy on me and a choke-hold they had taught the cops in New York.

Actually, this is Yorkie's cousin, Algernon "Dorkie" Pud, in his U6 yearbook photo.

[attachimg=1]

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on December 13, 2014, 07:38:59 PM
Actually, this is Yorkie's cousin, Algernon "Dorkie" Pud, in his U6 yearbook photo.

Poor Yorkie.  He always was the black sheep of the family.  At least they appear to have one of the better English dental plans.

auggie

It could be worse. We could have to put up with numb nuts George Knapp and his idiotic UFO shows complete with interviews from kook, fraud, Bob Lazar, and lunatic Stanton Freidman. Knapp and his constant, idiotic shows about UFO's that he hammers home again and again are enough to destroy any show. Then this never ending parade of clowns on the weekends. The sooron looks good compared to these mental midgets.

DanTSX

Quote from: auggie on December 13, 2014, 10:59:03 PM
                                    It could be worse. We could have to put up with numb nuts George Knapp and his idiotic UFO shows complete with interviews from kook, fraud, Bob Lazar, and lunatic Stanton Freidman. Knapp and his constant, idiotic shows about UFO's that he hammers home again and again are enough to destroy any show. Then this never ending parade of clowns on the weekends. The sooron looks good compared to these mental midgets.

lol ok buddy

NoMoreNoory

Quote from: auggie on December 13, 2014, 10:59:03 PM

Hi, Tommee

laserjock

Knapp is excellent, you obviously have no taste or sense of quality.

It's Saturday night, and I'm listening to musical petunias.

Juan Cena

Quote from: Major Ed Damien on December 14, 2014, 12:49:43 AM
It's Saturday night, and I'm listening to musical petunias.

Still better than Snorge.

"Could plants really be fallen angels?"

Quote from: Juan Cena on December 14, 2014, 12:57:57 AM
Still better than Snorge.

"Could plants really be fallen angels?"

"Do all plants use numbers?"

"Are any plants serial killers?

Guest:  "To be here in Edgar Cayce's medium shoes is an honor."

So if the guy knows how to do telepathy, then why is he using a phone?

Quote from: zeebo on December 13, 2014, 03:00:14 AM
I just realized why this guy annoys me.  He sounds like friggin Glen Beck, with the same tone: "I know the truth and don't worry I'll patiently explain it to you and since I'm a good guy I'll be noble and keep at it even if you don't get it dummy."
Heilsa,All!
I think this'Guest'is really channelling the c2c guest Laurie(?)Toy,author of the "Catastrophe Map"??
I fell asleep right away...
Yust like the snoozeing would-be-prophet and etc...
Fill me in,i'm not able to access the show's second hour on the local re-play,it's 2am-6am..

Quote from: Beelzebubbelah on December 14, 2014, 07:20:01 PM
Heilsa,All!
I think this'Guest'is really channelling the c2c guest Laurie(?)Toy,author of the "Catastrophe Map"??
I fell asleep right away...
Yust like the snoozeing would-be-prophet and etc...
Fill me in,i'm not able to access the show's second hour on the local re-play,it's 2am-6am..

CKNW audio vault 10:00 p.m. to 2:00 a.m.

http://www.cknw.com/audio-vault/

Curandero81

Who in the hell is hosting coast tonight ? And what about the fruitcake and plant talk shit ?

Curandero81

Richard Syrett ??? He sounds bizarre, but at least a break from Snorry

Curandero81

I am listening to the first hour so I can find out how my smart tv is reading my mind

Curandero81

Oh damn, I already heard sitting on my own couch in the privacy of my own home I am unable to sit on my own couch with my hand down my pants (in the Al Bundy tradition).
Shit.......

albrecht

Quote from: Curandero81 on December 15, 2014, 12:11:39 AM
Richard Syrett ??? He sounds bizarre, but at least a break from Snorry
He does the C2C version of NPR with his NPR-like voice. Better than Norry though.

ps: I just heard Lindsey Williams promote CARNIVORA! I haven't listened live for a while so missed, thankfully, the commercials. Funny to hear old Pastor Williams and they also mentioned Reagen ordering it to the White House...I thought they nixed that marketing part!

I still say dave noorie should embrace the silver haired look he had 10 years ago

WOTR

Quote from: nooryisawesome on December 15, 2014, 03:51:28 AM
I still say dave noorie should embrace the silver haired look he had 10 years ago

Should he just embrace the silver, or should he also embrace the receding hairline?