• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

RandomCast - A Podcast

Started by heater, November 27, 2016, 08:46:17 PM

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on August 18, 2017, 11:41:34 AM
MV is an Art Bell fan.  After Art's disgraceful exit and self inflicted destruction of his legacy, 4Chan trolls flocked here.  MV had decided in advance he wasn't going to do any moderation regarding reaction to Art Bell.  The infestation got a foothold, continued, and now consumes the place.

My take is that at some point MV realized Bellgab was the internet site for trashing Art Bell, and he was the person associated with that.  Nearly all the posters he enjoyed interacting with left, seemingly all around the same time.  He may have felt it was too late to begin moderating it, just said fuck it, and checked out. 

Or he could be thrilled with the place and just be too busy to post or podcast anyore, who knows.

How sad. MV is quite talented and has a lot of potential.

heater

my point of view is I'm not going to bother MV to moderate to my tastes.  of course I never said I owned this thread but that I created it and I got push back from some that I didn't want it to devolve into wasted chaos.  The fact that trolls spent any time in here speaks for itself, its up to everyone individually to interpret what it speaks to.  If you come here for interesting conversation don't let them drown you out.  speaking of:

New Shoe tomorrow night at 9pm eastern.  Join on discord and make the show your own.  same rules as always the show is a public forum to talk about issues and interests.  Was going to have a guest but I will inform her we can discuss her book at a later time.

Quote from: ponyboysunset on August 18, 2017, 11:30:14 AM
Exactly. That is when moderating becomes a full time job and seriously who in the hell would do it or much less have time to on forum for a show that doesn't exist anymore? I was hoping we could just drive them out but several posters are now arguing with them so that becomes less and less of an option.

It's a matter of banning a few trolls.  One doesn't need to read every post, or even be so vigilent as to root out and ban every troll or post.  Just pluck off the trolls who've made themselves the low hanging fruit.  Is that really so ''time consuming''? 

What I do is just scroll past those I've identified as trolls or uninteresting post in general, and scroll past people's responses to it.  I'm not sure why people read it and react.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on August 18, 2017, 11:41:34 AM
MV is an Art Bell fan.  After Art's disgraceful exit and self inflicted destruction of his legacy, 4Chan trolls flocked here.  MV had decided in advance he wasn't going to do any moderation regarding reaction to Art Bell.  The infestation got a foothold, continued, and now consumes the place.

My take is that at some point MV realized Bellgab was the internet site for trashing Art Bell, and he was the person associated with that.  Nearly all the posters he enjoyed interacting with left, seemingly all around the same time.  He may have felt it was too late to begin moderating it, just said fuck it, and checked out. 

Or he could be thrilled with the place and just be too busy to post or podcast anyore, who knows.
This is damned accurate, IMO. I know personally a lot of people I wound up talking to outside of here left because of that one weekend of crazy Neo Nazi posting which I think if memory serves was someone's form of a joke? It was long before any of the recent Nazi name calling started. I also think a lot of liberals left, but then again no one forced either side to post in the politics area. Shrug. We are who remain.

chefist

Quote from: ponyboysunset on August 18, 2017, 11:54:00 AM
This is damned accurate, IMO. I know personally a lot of people I wound up talking to outside of here left because of that one weekend of crazy Neo Nazi posting which I think if memory serves was someone's form of a joke? It was long before any of the recent Nazi name calling started. I also think a lot of liberals left, but then again no one forced either side to post in the politics area. Shrug. We are who remain.

The politics section always had the caveat, "unmoderated", back then. I thought that should be warning enough for most people going there to read/post.

heater

pbs, this thread is no place for rational thought.  please leave your well thought out and possibly accurate observations in a more appropriate thread...at least until you co-host the RandomCast as per the non-binding rules and regulations.

Lilith

... Shrug. We are who remain.

The many, The Diverse, The Bellgabbers!

Praise MV!

chefist

Quote from: brig on August 18, 2017, 12:04:15 PM
The many, The Diverse, The Bellgabbers!

Praise MV!

I just never understood the enormous egos. Because there were trolls, Falkie fans, new hosts, etc, you decide to leave the forum? Childish IMO.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: chefist on August 18, 2017, 11:56:12 AM
The politics section always had the caveat, "unmoderated", back then. I thought that should be warning enough for most people going there to read/post.
Which is why I rarely ever post there. I knew better, that place is like the wild west.

Quote from: themudking on August 18, 2017, 11:59:48 AM
pbs, this thread is no place for rational thought.  please leave your well thought out and possibly accurate observations in a more appropriate thread...at least until you co-host the RandomCast as per the non-binding rules and regulations.
When is it? Oh I would totally co-host if it worked with my schedule. I would need some help resetting up my mixer. I, unlike Falkie, am not a mixer genius.  ::)

Quote from: ponyboysunset on August 18, 2017, 12:08:31 PM
Which is why I rarely ever post there. I knew better, that place is like the wild west.
When is it? Oh I would totally co-host if it worked with my schedule. I would need some help resetting up my mixer. I, unlike Falkie, am not a mixer genius.  ::)

On July 8th MV promised to help you: "I’ll help you… I insist on doing it from my phone, in Morrocco, while I'm walking down the street in Rabat, using mobile data."

Lilith

Quote from: chefist on August 18, 2017, 12:08:05 PM
I just never understood the enormous egos. Because there were trolls, Falkie fans, new hosts, etc, you decide to leave the forum? Childish IMO.

I know, Right?  I bet they lurk a lot tho.  ;D

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: OldGabber on August 18, 2017, 10:37:03 AM
you are some sick delusional fucker spreading your insane pictures making false unsupported by any evidence accusations.
I hope you will get hit by a car and die.

Hey, ZaZa!  :D

Lilith

Quote from: OldGabber on August 18, 2017, 10:37:03 AM
you are some sick delusional fucker spreading your insane pictures making false unsupported by any evidence accusations.
I hope you will get hit by a car and die.

Hi ZaZa!  :D

chefist

Quote from: brig on August 18, 2017, 12:32:37 PM
I know, Right?  I bet they lurk a lot tho.  ;D

No doubt...under different aliases I'm sure.

Quote from: chefist on August 18, 2017, 12:08:05 PM

At some point it's no longer enjoyable or worth a person's time.  Everyone has a different idea of where that line is.

Lilith

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on August 18, 2017, 01:16:55 PM
At some point it's no longer enjoyable or worth a person's time.  Everyone has a different idea of where that line is.

You mean they don't miss us at all?   :'(

chefist

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on August 18, 2017, 01:16:55 PM

If it were random users, sure. However, there was a clique of 4 or so that left at the exact same time. Also, they made it clear why they left. It wasn't just Art leaving the air, it was for reasons that directly related to their perceived "status" on BG.  Also, that other BG users who were not "anointed" by them were getting attention. It's all ego based.

...and queue Venix.

Quote from: chefist on August 18, 2017, 01:23:06 PM
If it were random users, sure. However, there was a clique of 4 or so that left at the exact same time. Also, they made it clear why they left. It wasn't just Art leaving the air, it was for reasons that directly related to their perceived "status" on BG.  Also, that other BG users who were not "anointed" by them were getting attention. It's all ego based.

...and queue Venix.

I don't read every thread - far from it actually, but from time to time I see comments like these regarding various personalities and wonder at them.  Care to expand on this?

Jackstar

one weekend of crazy Neo Nazi posting

Still, superior to the Falkie thread.

Jackstar

Quote from: Radio Activity on August 18, 2017, 11:43:35 AM
How sad. MV is quite talented and has a lot of potential.

Just scroll past it.

Quote from: Jackstar on August 18, 2017, 01:40:19 PM
Just scroll past it.

I do. But I don't refer friends or colleagues. Certainly not family. Perhaps MV fears a larger audience.

Jackstar

Quote from: Radio Activity on August 18, 2017, 01:46:38 PM
Perhaps MV fears a larger audience.

Well, he can't possibly fear a larger abdomen.

chefist

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on August 18, 2017, 01:33:23 PM
I don't read every thread - far from it actually, but from time to time I see comments like these regarding various personalities and wonder at them.  Care to expand on this?

Sure...and I must state that this is not a reflection of their character as a decent human being. No, it only relates to BG and their departures.

Onan, Eddie Dean, Jazzmunda and BDubb are the primary 4. Why did they leave? Well, they made it clear in their statements and podcast (Podcast Not Included???I forget). Basically, they felt their content and morality was superior to what they were seeing on the "new" BG.  They gave MV an ultimatum, which of course MV basically told them to go pound sand.

That's about it...they come back every once in a while. The vast majority, me included, would love to see them all post again. I even met Eddie in person in Phoenix, before a Rush concert. He was very polite, funny and enjoyable company. I personally have nothing against anyone of these folks.

Well, you never know...maybe they will come back and participate in the BG community. Or maybe not.

Lilith

Quote from: chefist on August 18, 2017, 01:53:35 PM
Sure...and I must state that this is not a reflection of their character as a decent human being. No, it only relates to BG and their departures.

Onan, Eddie Dean, Jazzmunda and BDubb are the primary 4. Why did they leave? Well, they made it clear in their statements and podcast (Podcast Not Included???I forget). Basically, they felt their content and morality was superior to what they were seeing on the "new" BG.  They gave MV an ultimatum, which of course MV basically told them to go pound sand.

That's about it...they come back every once in a while. The vast majority, me included, would love to see them all post again. I even met Eddie in person in Phoenix, before a Rush concert. He was very polite, funny and enjoyable company. I personally have nothing against anyone of these folks.

Well, you never know...maybe they will come back and participate in the BG community. Or maybe not.

Sounds like an interesting topic for "Bellgab Tonight".

Quote from: chefist on August 18, 2017, 01:53:35 PM

I can certainly understand why they left. I'm only here for the entertainment. If I was in any way professionally involved in broadcast, podcast or audio production I would run as far away as possible from this community.

chefist

Quote from: brig on August 18, 2017, 01:58:23 PM
Sounds like an interesting topic for "Bellgab Tonight".

Ha. One never knows.  ;D

chefist

Quote from: Radio Activity on August 18, 2017, 02:02:03 PM
I can certainly understand why they left. I'm only here for the entertainment. If I was in any way professionally involved in broadcast, podcast or audio production I would run as far away as possible from this community.

That is your inherently false presumption. lol This is all a big, ass gag. Not a big, ass gig.  ;D

Quote from: chefist on August 18, 2017, 02:05:18 PM
That is your inherently false presumption. lol This is all a big, ass gag. Not a big, ass gig.  ;D

Damn commas always, mess, me up.

Jackstar

Quote from: Radio Activity on August 18, 2017, 02:02:03 PM
If I was in any way professionally involved in broadcast, podcast or audio production I would run as far away as possible from this community.

The correct usage of was vs. were has never been so important, than it was in the above quote.