• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Future Theater

Started by nbirnes, December 13, 2013, 01:13:22 PM

WhiteCrow

Quote from: ponyboysunset on June 17, 2015, 06:00:32 AM
Good points Zeebo!
Hey people are entitled to their opinions. I guess I was hoping for some peace and love here, but then I remembered that I was posting on bellgab. LOL

I am going to continue to support this show because I enjoy it.

By all means people should express their opinions, I guess as someone who does a show, all be it a crappy one, I know first hand how challenging it can be. But I also know first hand that if you put your work out there people have the right to comment on it.

^^^^ Very balanced comments. I listened to the show and thought it had the aspect of  a bunch of' ' girls talking 'girl-talk around a camp fire. Interesting to hear them discuss and reveal their inner struggles.

IMHO Nancy is about as irritating as MV, both are needed to keep the show moving along, are witty and funny. Can talk on a wide variety of subjects and yes at time are attention grabbing hams, but overall do the host job very well. I expect the host to have some personality and express their opinions. I don't agree with Art's, MV's or Nancy or PonyBoy on many subjects, but I don't feel the need to point it out. It's all entertainment and I love conflict, thanks Girls.

After proof read above noticed that I used 'girls' three time. Does that say something about me?
In today's world, is it offensive to refer to woman as girls? And how about my new 'Woman of Bellgab' fan site? I meant it to honor belgab's woman, but none have sent me pictures and bios of themselves.

Nancy managed to get a picture of MV and writes up a short bio and it's Ok, but none of Bellgab girls send me a picture or bio, is this a double standard? Are girls afraid to do that?
I like looking at tattoos on woman, Danny on the TV show American Pickers is Hot! Oops is ok to call girls hot? anyway she is nice to look at. So woman of Bellgab PM me your girlie PG rated pics and short bio, I'll do you all proud with my "Girls of BellGab" fan site. Pictures of tattoos and stories behind them most welcomed. Also all girls are welcome young and old, if you posted on Bellgab PM me pics and info.

Quote from: WhiteCrow link=topicsg407114#msg407114 date=1434550112
^^^^ Very balanced comments. I listened to the show and thought it had the aspect of  a bunch of' ' girls talking 'girl-talk around a camp fire. Interesting to hear them discuss and reveal their inner struggles.

IMHO Nancy is about as irritating as MV, both are needed to keep the show moving along, are witty and funny. Can talk on a wide variety of subjects and yes at time are attention grabbing hams, but overall do the host job very well. I expect the host to have some personality and express their opinions. I don't agree with Art's, MV's or Nancy or PonyBoy on many subjects, but I don't feel the need to point it out. It's all entertainment and I love conflict, thanks Girls.

After proof read above noticed that I used 'girls' three time. Does that say something about me?
In today's world, is it offensive to refer to woman as girls? And how about my new 'Woman of Bellgab' fan site? I meant it to honor belgab's woman, but none have sent me pictures and bios of themselves.

Nancy managed to get a picture of MV and writes up a short bio and it's Ok, but none of Bellgab girls send me a picture or bio, is this a double standard? Are girls afraid to do that?
I like looking at tattoos on woman, Danny on the TV show American Pickers is Hot! Oops is ok to call girls hot? anyway she is nice to look at. So woman of Bellgab PM me your girlie PG rated pics and short bio, I'll do you all proud with my "Girls of BellGab" fan site. Pictures of tattoos and stories behind them most welcomed. Also all girls are welcome young and old, if you posted on Bellgab PM me pics and info.

'Offense' is always TAKEN, never given. These day's people seem to forget that it's one's choice to be offended. Also, one controls the total degree it effects them.

I'm in favor of the "girls"  :) posting thier pics for ridicule and judgement.

PathoJen

White Crow, you can't send pics over pm. Just use my avatar for my bio.

chefist

Quote from: MV on June 17, 2015, 03:17:39 AM
I heard the "girls" show and enjoyed it.

Shoulder shrug.

I did too...good to hear other points of view...however they did use the term "men" as a wide sweeping generalization for describing certain negative attributes...I personally avoid doing that, but I guess to each their own...

I will listen again if they have a paranormal topic, probably not if it is social/political....

LW

Quote from: MV on June 17, 2015, 03:17:39 AM
I heard the "girls" show and enjoyed it.

Shoulder shrug.

Even if you leave out the immature behaviour of the hosts, how was that show a paranormal show? DM is a paranormal network is it not, correct me if I am wrong.

I try to listen to the show because Bill's reputation brings in the good guests that no one else gets, guests that I would really like to hear speak, but when one host talks over them, interrupts them, never lets them finish a thought and always some how twists what they say and makes it about her..... well it gets frustrating that the show is handled in such an unprofessional manner.

When you get the big speakers in the paranormal world you have a certain responsibility not only to the listeners but the guests as well.

Many times I wonder how the guest doesn't just hang up, lets face it Nancy is incredibly rude. I have called Bill out when he was rude as well so don't make this a hate comment. No need for being rude no matter if you are male or female.

And don't tell me that a women has to be more aggresive to speak, hell if I ever got a word in with my wife I would check her pulse to make sure she was still here, lol. Just joking but really that is a stupid argument.

She never interrupts and lets me finish my statement when I do get to make one, lol. I have been married 32 years so don't think dealing with women is new to me, but I don't tolerate rude, mutual respect leaves rude at the door.

Lunger

Quote from: LW on June 17, 2015, 10:38:42 AM
Even if you leave out the immature behaviour of the hosts, how was that show a paranormal show? DM is a paranormal network is it not, correct me if I am wrong.

Wait!

Future Theater is a paranormal show? 

My biggest beef with the show is that Nancy is allowed to wander off here and there with no real purpose and ending with..."I've forgotten my point".  The three of them are supposed to be talking about the paranormal?  I can't say that I have ever really heard that.

BobGrau

Quote from: Lunger on June 17, 2015, 11:21:13 AM
Wait!

My biggest beef with the show is that Nancy is allowed to wander off here and there with no real purpose and ending with..."I've forgotten my point".  The three of them are supposed to be talking about the paranormal?  I can't say that I have ever really heard that.

...Is this the only punchbowl you could be peeing in right now?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: LW on June 17, 2015, 10:38:42 AM

DMRN does air shows that are not paranormal in nature.

RoseGirl

I don't know....maybe we shouldn't do a show with women....clearly Art's fans aren't ready for such a thing.

Quote from: (Redacted) on June 17, 2015, 10:50:52 AM
That's the spirit.

~Energize~

I paid my way through college by working nights in a second rate transporter station two blocks away from where PKD discovered the word VALIS engraved in a sidewalk.

Other employees took to calling me "Atom Scrambler O'Leary," albeit with derision, due to earlier mishaps.

It was a different time.

Well, a different time-line altogether, and Jonathan Lethem had not a fucking clue.

nbirnes

Quote from: chefist on June 17, 2015, 09:56:38 AM
I did too...good to hear other points of view...however they did use the term "men" as a wide sweeping generalization for describing certain negative attributes...I personally avoid doing that, but I guess to each their own...

I will listen again if they have a paranormal topic, probably not if it is social/political....

Et tu, Chef? Say it ain't so?!

onan

Quote from: RoseGirl on June 17, 2015, 11:49:41 AM
I don't know....maybe we shouldn't do a show with women....clearly Art's fans aren't ready for such a thing.

I don't know either, maybe you shouldn't. I think it would depend on what you really want. If you are interested in subjects of the paranormal, gender identity should have very little to do with it. On the other hand if you want to have an us versus them, you may have more contention than show. Unless that is what is wanted.

nbirnes

Quote from: onan on June 17, 2015, 12:03:55 PM
I don't know either, maybe you shouldn't. I think it would depend on what you really want. If you are interested in subjects of the paranormal, gender identity should have very little to do with it. On the other hand if you want to have an us versus them, you may have more contention than show. Unless that is what is wanted.

I was out and about yesterday and last night in the real world, so I missed all the Spec Sheet and Gabcast and fun with this thread. I'll catch up later, but I did want to add this one point to the conversation: We were kidding around.

We were joking with you about men vs. women. Who, in their right mind in this day and age, would think that was a serious worry or fight or concern?

onan

Quote from: nbirnes on June 17, 2015, 12:32:49 PM
I was out and about yesterday and last night in the real world, so I missed all the Spec Sheet and Gabcast and fun with this thread. I'll catch up later, but I did want to add this one point to the conversation: We were kidding around.

We were joking with you about men vs. women. Who, in their right mind in this day and age, would think that was a serious worry or fight or concern?

Fair enough. As to whom would think it was a serious concern, unfortunately many (myself included) can get their dander up for lack of understanding over the simplest things.

God knows I have had to repair relations with some due to my sense of humor.

I think a show with only women can be a very interesting dynamic. And if that is your collective wish, then don't let anyone with a differing opinion derail that wish. But please a few minutes of each show about cleaning products :o.

nbirnes

Quote from: onan on June 17, 2015, 12:43:07 PM
Fair enough. As to whom would think it was a serious concern, unfortunately many (myself included) can get their dander up for lack of understanding over the simplest things.

God knows I have had to repair relations with some due to my sense of humor.

I think a show with only women can be a very interesting dynamic. And if that is your collective wish, then don't let anyone with a differing opinion derail that wish. But please a few minutes of each show about cleaning products :o.

Thanks, Onan. If we do launch Bella-Haven as a place to talk about the Midnight show that just aired, and if we end up getting no callers at all, I have a backlog of recipes for everything from window cleaner to homemade froot loops.

In the five-plus years I've been doing Future Theater with Bill, I've heard the same complaint: shut up and don't talk. Ever. Sometimes a guest is not used to hearing questions that he didn't submit. Sometimes the phone duplex-lag makes it impossible to break into a monolog. And it's never OK to be rude. I get that.

Redacted, I believe, proved definitively that she's not just a pretty voice.

nbirnes

Quote from: Lunger on June 17, 2015, 11:21:13 AM
Wait!

And my biggest beef is that you feel comfortable using the word "allowed" when you describe a co-host who has already created 253 shows, including all the wrangling, webmastering, and so forth that that entails. That's where the female part of me gets upset.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: nbirnes on June 17, 2015, 12:55:38 PM

Redacted, I believe, proved definitively that she's not just a pretty voice.

and she's good at math.

RoseGirl

Quote from: MV on June 17, 2015, 12:59:47 PM
and she's good at math.

lol

Oh MV...dear MV. You know...every time I look at your avatar a song pops into my head.

'I believe in miracles...woo hoo....ya sexy thing'

Too gender specific?

Morgus

Quote from: MV on June 17, 2015, 11:45:50 AM
DMRN does air shows that are not paranormal in nature.
like the Spec Sheet...  ;)

onan

Quote from: Morgus on June 17, 2015, 01:44:04 PM

If you look at this "big picture" having the Spec Sheet on DMRN proves otherworldly intervention.

chefist

Quote from: nbirnes on June 17, 2015, 12:01:01 PM
Et tu, Chef? Say it ain't so?!

LOL...I'll be listening for sure! More women on radio/podcasting? All for it, 100%!

Just started to get all weird with the "with frozen sperm, we wouldn't need men" comments...started to get creepy...just the vibe I got...

nbirnes

Quote from: chefist on June 17, 2015, 02:03:09 PM
LOL...I'll be listening for sure! More women on radio/podcasting? All for it, 100%!

Just started to get all weird with the "with frozen sperm, we wouldn't need men" comments...started to get creepy...just the vibe I got...

Yes! Although of course we were kidding around with the color-wars summer-camp level of boys-vs-girls, I've always wondered about that. The pure illogic of one sex holding so much procreative power, along with the concomitant burdens of monthly bleeding without dying and all the rest of it, from childbirth itself to being able to keep another human being alive with milk from your own body ... I've always wondered why it's so unbalanced.

The Bible tells us it's because Eve was bad and then she convinced Adam to be bad and we are all burdened as a result. All the troubles of our world are her fault. If only she hadn't been curious. If only she had known her place.

Not that we think this way any more, of course. There are female bosses! There is a lady who wants to be president!! Thank the lord we are modern.

chefist

Quote from: nbirnes on June 17, 2015, 02:29:57 PM
Yes! Although of course we were kidding around with the color-wars summer-camp level of boys-vs-girls, I've always wondered about that. The pure illogic of one sex holding so much procreative power, along with the concomitant burdens of monthly bleeding without dying and all the rest of it, from childbirth itself to being able to keep another human being alive with milk from your own body ... I've always wondered why it's so unbalanced.

The Bible tells us it's because Eve was bad and then she convinced Adam to be bad and we are all burdened as a result. All the troubles of our world are her fault. If only she hadn't been curious. If only she had known her place.

Not that we think this way any more, of course. There are female bosses! There is a lady who wants to be president!! Thank the lord we are modern.

And women live much longer than men! There is a balance in nature...It really all comes down to the human ego...it needs to feel superior so that it can dilude itself into believing it is immortal...sucks knowing you exist and then one day you will die...so the ego constructs all sorts of dillusions to compensate...religion, politics, artifacts for hatred, etc...

The ego is always threatened when it comes into another that does not agree with it...it is the reminder of death...that's why some governments murder millions of their own, some homophobes can kill, why some husbands beat and murder their wives, why some wives poison their husbands, and on and on and on...

I'll keep listening your show...I like it! Keep up the good work...and I will absolutely still listen if there are only ladies hosting!

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Morgus on June 17, 2015, 01:44:04 PM

i'm not familiar with that show, sir, but it sounds rather unappealing.

chefist

Oh and that biblical reference was an example of latent guilt (original sin) used by religions to control populations for centuries!  I know that you understand it is a manipulation tool...but others outside of religion can use it too!

MV/Liberace!

There is a lady who wants to be president!! Thank the lord we are modern.

Yes, Sarah Palin is ambitious.

Morgus

Quote from: MV on June 17, 2015, 03:08:00 PM

Yes, Sarah Palin is ambitious.
the ex-CEO of Hewlett-Packard is running too, Carly somebody?  8)

Morgus

Quote from: MV on June 17, 2015, 03:06:13 PM

i'm not familiar with that show, sir, but it sounds rather unappealing.
I heard a little of it last night very late and they were talking about some android app to copy files over wifi.
But I just plug my T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S4 into my PC's USB port to do that...  ::)

The Spec Sheet should do some reviews of good low priced bluetooth speakers that many may wish to buy to listen with for Art's new show starting next month...