• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Spooky Southcoast

Started by SpookyTim, May 02, 2018, 11:27:52 PM

SpookyTim

I'm going to start a thread here to discuss Spooky Southcoast, so I don't have to keep obnoxiously putting myself over on other threads. Who listens or watches? Honest assessment? And what guests/topics would you like to hear/see?

sydtron

Greetings Tim the Bellgabber. *I read that in a Monty Python Holy Grail voice*

I have never actually listened to your show before or viewed it on YouTube. Can you provide a link to a show which may highlight some of your work?

Bluejay

Can you post your show schedule? Times/days etc?

Faustina

Quote from: Bluejay on May 02, 2018, 11:38:27 PM
Can you post your show schedule? Times/days etc?

I'd like that, too.

Faustina

Quote from: SpookyTim on May 02, 2018, 11:27:52 PM
I'm going to start a thread here to discuss Spooky Southcoast, so I don't have to keep obnoxiously putting myself over on other threads. Who listens or watches? Honest assessment? And what guests/topics would you like to hear/see?

I've heard it a couple of times.  Very good.

BO BO TOO

HOW LONG HAVE YOU BENN SINGIN AND DOIN THE LAP DANCES ???

YOU MUST BE GOOD IF YOU GOTZ YOUR OWN SHOW

SpookyTim

We air Saturday nights, 10 pm to midnight EST.
We have done over 530 shows, all available wherever you get podcasts, going back to 2006. Around 2010 or so, we added a video stream that has now turned into a weekly YouTube production. Check those out at

http://www.youtube.com/spookysouthcoast

We put up the whole show each week, as well as smaller short clips of some of the better parts.

sydtron

Nice. Thank yah Tim. I'll check it out tonight.

Faustina

Quote from: SpookyTim on May 02, 2018, 11:58:11 PM
We air Saturday nights, 10 pm to midnight EST.
We have done over 530 shows, all available wherever you get podcasts, going back to 2006. Around 2010 or so, we added a video stream that has now turned into a weekly YouTube production. Check those out at

http://www.youtube.com/spookysouthcoast

We put up the whole show each week, as well as smaller short clips of some of the better parts.

Good to know.  The Saturday night shows are live, I take it.  Where do you broadcast from?

SpookyTim

Quote from: Faustina on May 03, 2018, 12:35:07 AM
Good to know.  The Saturday night shows are live, I take it.  Where do you broadcast from?

Yes, live on Saturdays. We broadcast out of Fairhaven (next to New Bedford), Massachusetts.

malliard

good to see you here...

Epaphroditus

Quote from: SpookyTim on May 02, 2018, 11:27:52 PM

Have caught your show a few times by accident while scanning apps and generally listen till the end . Your best asset is being able to carry on a conversation with yourself instead of guests who either give one word answers or simply repeat the script . Your tribute to Art Bell was second only to the week Phil Hendrie did .

As for advice , two from Vin Scully... Never listen to other hosts or you will repeat what you have heard and never assume anybody is listening to your voice .

Father Jack

Hey, Tim. Born and raised in Boston, Sharon and Bedford. Plenty of paranormal stuff in Mass. Have you done the Lizzie Borden house yet? That would be wicked pisser (I know you'll know that).

SpookyTim

Quote from: Father Jack on May 03, 2018, 03:09:44 PM
Hey, Tim. Born and raised in Boston, Sharon and Bedford. Plenty of paranormal stuff in Mass. Have you done the Lizzie Borden house yet? That would be wicked pisser (I know you'll know that).

It's practically my second home. We broadcast out of Fairhaven, so I'm always at Lizzie's for investigations and events.

Father Jack

Quote from: SpookyTim on May 03, 2018, 03:11:11 PM
It's practically my second home. We broadcast out of Fairhaven, so I'm always at Lizzie's for investigations and events.

I'm jealous! I've been a student of the Borden case for almost 60 years and still don't know what to think. Do you ever cross paths with Steph Koorey? Can't say I like her......too eager to be THE Borden expert. Sad. You must be buds with Lee Ann then. Is Len Rebello also and acquaintance? He's the real deal.

chefist

Gonna give ya a listen, Tim...do you have a live chat?

Taco Bell

I've listened to a few shows in the past.
Tell me, you're not a Bruins fan are you?

Hi Tim, Ilisten on dmdn sometimes. It is usually on when I'm going to sleep. I usually enjoy the show. The topics are usually interesting. The hosts have some good discussions and ask good questions.

Having said that, I have a major criticism, and it is serious enough to make me turn off the show whenever it happens. Here it is: the discussion will be going on smoothly and calmly. I'm relaxed, drifting to sleep, but then, out of the blue, a woman host starts scolding you. HOLY SHIT!!!;!!:&é"(&
It's like an electric shock. I nearly fall out of bed.I'm suddenly wide awake, and I'm not happy. I had a girlfriend who used to pull that stunt on me, and I don't appreciate it when it happens on a podcast.

When she is calm, she is fine,  but by now, she's gone apeshit liek that enough times that I'm shellshocked. I write out of equal parts frustration and admiration.

SpookyTim

Quote from: Father Jack on May 03, 2018, 03:18:31 PM
I'm jealous! I've been a student of the Borden case for almost 60 years and still don't know what to think. Do you ever cross paths with Steph Koorey? Can't say I like her......too eager to be THE Borden expert. Sad. You must be buds with Lee Ann then. Is Len Rebello also and acquaintance? He's the real deal.

I do know Stef, I get along with her OK. I'm also good friends with Faye Musselman, another Borden expert. And Lee-ann is a very close friend. I don't know Len much, but I've always respected his work and research. The Historical Society guys put out a fantastic book a few years ago called "Parallel Lives." It's about $80 for the hardcover but well worth it.

SpookyTim

Quote from: chefist on May 03, 2018, 03:19:56 PM
Gonna give ya a listen, Tim...do you have a live chat?

We do! We stream the show live on YouTube as it's happening on the radio...it's like Senda, only with actual production value (you can check out our previous videos on YouTube to see what I mean). So we have a great YouTube live chat running, and a fantastic group of regulars who are there every week.

Just be gentle, Bellgabbers.

SpookyTim

Quote from: Renegade Smurf on May 03, 2018, 03:34:04 PM
Hi Tim, Ilisten on dmdn sometimes. It is usually on when I'm going to sleep. I usually enjoy the show. The topics are usually interesting. The hosts have some good discussions and ask good questions.

Having said that, I have a major criticism, and it is serious enough to make me turn off the show whenever it happens. Here it is: the discussion will be going on smoothly and calmly. I'm relaxed, drifting to sleep, but then, out of the blue, a woman host starts scolding you. HOLY SHIT!!!;!!:&é"(&
It's like an electric shock. I'm wide awake, and I'm not happy. I had a girlfriend who used to pull that stunt on me, and I don't appreciate it when it happens on a podcast.

When she is calm, she is fine,  but by now, she's gone apeshit liek that enough times that I'm shellshocked. I write out of equal parts frustration and admiration.

That's Stephanie...she's one of my best friends in addition to being a co-host. She's just busting my balls. Most of the time, I actually deserve it, because I'm purposely needling her about something. But I'll ask her to tone it down a bit haha.

Thank you!  Other than that issue, she's a good host.
Quote from: SpookyTim on May 03, 2018, 03:37:25 PM
That's Stephanie...she's one of my best friends in addition to being a co-host. She's just busting my balls. Most of the time, I actually deserve it, because I'm purposely needling her about something. But I'll ask her to tone it down a bit haha.

SpookyTim

Quote from: Taco Bell on May 03, 2018, 03:27:15 PM
I've listened to a few shows in the past.
Tell me, you're not a Bruins fan are you?

I'm not much of a hockey guy. I'm also a sports writer for the local paper, covering the Patriots. I'd say I'm a Celtics fan first, Patriots fan a very close second, and a mild Red Sox fan.

Father Jack

Tim, I have Parallel Lives, and can't imagine the work the FRHS guys put in to that tome. Faye and I used to be frequent correspondents but haven't touched base with her in a while. I heard the French St, place sold recently, don't know if that's true. If so, I hope the new owner does better upkeep than the last one did.

SpookyTim

Quote from: Father Jack on May 03, 2018, 03:49:52 PM
Tim, I have Parallel Lives, and can't imagine the work the FRHS guys put in to that tome. Faye and I used to be frequent correspondents but haven't touched base with her in a while. I heard the French St, place sold recently, don't know if that's true. If so, I hope the new owner does better upkeep than the last one did.

It did...Lee-ann and her partner Donald bought it! Actually, you're thinking of when Bob Dube owned it...he sold it to Kristee Bates of Texas a few years ago, and she did a huge renovation. It looks great now! But Lee-ann and Donald have more work to do before it opens to the public. We should be getting in there for an investigation soon, which we'll carry on Facebook Live and put on YouTube.

chefist

Quote from: SpookyTim on May 03, 2018, 03:36:21 PM
We do! We stream the show live on YouTube as it's happening on the radio...it's like Senda, only with actual production value (you can check out our previous videos on YouTube to see what I mean). So we have a great YouTube live chat running, and a fantastic group of regulars who are there every week.

Just be gentle, Bellgabbers.

Hmmmm...do you eat live on air? if not, that might be a no go.

SpookyTim

Quote from: chefist on May 03, 2018, 03:54:56 PM
Hmmmm...do you eat live on air? if not, that might be a no go.

Half of our show is eating, and about snacks. It's ridiculous. #SENDA

Father Jack

So Lee Ann and Donald will manage Maplecroft, or do I misunderstand?