• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Dick Grinder

Quote from: nooryisawesome on December 16, 2015, 02:08:52 AM
The neighbor who saw the car + Art.

Not to belabor this point, but all the allegations come from the same person, including the claim about the neighbor--as things stand today.

I know that NYE County suspect is probably bullshit. I posted it because it was floating around Art Bell sites tonight. I was going to tie it to a joke I wanted to make but then thought the joke would be in bad taste.

Quote from: rekcuf on December 15, 2015, 11:02:24 PM
Serious question for the thread: Am I a troll?

Trolling is intentional and deliberate, usually an attempt to take a thread off topic.  I didn't think your posts were trolling at all. 

Quote from: VoteQuimby on December 16, 2015, 02:42:41 AM
I know that NYE County suspect is probably bullshit. I posted it because it was floating around Art Bell sites tonight. I was going to tie it to a joke I wanted to make but then thought the joke would be in bad taste.

Sir, bad taste is a requirement at BellGab.

Whereislucky

Judging from them there photographs.... There ain't a whole lotta James Bond look-a-likes running around Pahrump, NV.

Quote from: onan on December 15, 2015, 06:00:37 PM
My question is directed towards forum members that continue to rant.

Art quit. I think all of us knew it would happen eventually. Ok, it was much earlier than anticipated. I'm not sure how railing against him does anything.

People get emotionally invested, have certain expectations, don't think the story rings true and resent what seems to be a pattern, maybe responded to his requests and spent time getting word out or helping build the show, probably different for everyone.  Whatever it is, can't blame people for posting their thoughts and comments.

Quote from: onan on December 15, 2015, 06:00:37 PM
My question is directed towards forum members that continue to rant.

Art quit. I think all of us knew it would happen eventually. Ok, it was much earlier than anticipated. I'm not sure how railing against him does anything.

You should see what is in store for you if you ever get the idea in your head that you're allowed to stop posting here.

Quote from: Paper*Boy on December 16, 2015, 02:47:50 AM
Trolling is intentional and deliberate, usually an attempt to take a thread off topic.  I didn't think your posts were trolling at all.

That's what I thought, too. I don't know. Context is difficult to judge in print form. "Troll"--is used so much now, the meaning is lost. I fuck around in some threads, but I try not to make it personal.

DAMN SANTA WAS ARRESTED!

QuotePRESS RELEASE

SUSPECT(S):
FOLK, Michael Wayne SANTA, 67 years old ,Pahrump Resident

CHARGE(S):
NRS 199.430 Impersonate a Public Officer

DETAILS:
On 08/15/15, deputies were dispatched to 4971 Pueblo reference a call of impersonate peace officer.

Upon arrival deputies made contact with witnesses to the incident. Upon speaking with the victim, he stated that he was flattening his yard. He stated that his neighbor, identified by the victim Michael Folk, came to his residence telling him that he was dusting him out. The victim stated he told Michael he was almost done, at which point Michael told him that they were going to have problems. He then stated that he was a "Deputy Sheriff now" and flashed a badge that was on his right hip. A witness to the incident stated that he was present and also witnessed the event. The victim described the badge as appearing silver with a black back piece.

Deputies made contact with Michael Folk in reference to the incident. Deputies were able to immediately observe a gold colored badge with a black back piece on his right hip. Upon speaking with Michael he stated that he always carries his Public Administrator badge with him, because he is always "on call". He further stated that he does work for the Nye County Sheriff Office through the Public Administrators office. He further stated that he did in fact go to his neighbor's residence, with his badge, and told them that he was going to call the sheriff's office.

At the conclusion of the investigation, Michael was arrested and transported to NCDC for booking on the above charge.

onan

Quote from: rekcuf on December 15, 2015, 11:02:24 PM
Serious question for the thread: Am I a troll?

Serious answer, yes. But everyone of us is a troll to some faction at some time to some other members. It's nice to be liked and all but nothing wrong with stating your mind, even if it doesn't go along with popular consensus. Hell, you and I have disagreed at least once, but I would rather have you share your thoughts than decide your points aren't worth discussing. Within reason, I mean. Goldfinger was a troll without redemption.

onan

Quote from: nooryisawesome on December 16, 2015, 04:28:22 AM
DAMN SANTA WAS ARRESTED!

Now if they can find that god guy.

bellNwhistle

Last night before going to bed, we turned on the show from the night before. I have to say, I hope that as Heather gets more comfortable, she stops sounding like everything she says is a question. I'm sure she's nervous, and she's trying to appease a lot of people.. but it sounds like she's trying too hard.  (I don't dislike her or think she's the spawn of Satan, here. Just giving some helpful criticism).  8)

**That said, I did not think it was appropriate for her to sit there for a good 5 minutes and defend Art. She may have her reasons, but I don't think they're very good ones. not only did she go on and on about the naysayers, and about how she spoke to the police herself, etc.. but she also said that Art may come back from time to time, unannounced.  Why is she saying this now? I wonder what Keith thinks.. 

Then when I woke up, it was a previous show, where Art was going on about how great she was. I think he's done that a couple of times *at least*, and even as recently as one of his last shows, where both he and the guest were raving about her.  I think that Art may have been wanting Heather to fill in for him now and then, and wanted to paint her in a good light with the fans so they'd already know to expect her to host.  not that he was ready to step down, but that she was being "groomed".

FYI, not trying to be down on Heather, I do not hate her guts, etc.  She's doing her best under some awful circumstances.

Element 115

Quote from: Ciardelo on December 15, 2015, 11:49:07 PM
Morning Zoo with the Wild Man Bell. Traffic on the Eights, Weather on the 19.5's.

Top right corner worthy.

BellBoy

Quote from: onan on December 16, 2015, 05:21:22 AM
Now if they can find that god guy.

Keep your eye on the Nye County Sheriff's Office FB page, he's bound to turn up.

DanTSX

Lol now we stalk Art's stalker and ever other transient in Nevada

effluenza

Where for Art thou?

VtaGeezer

Someone get a rope!!

Philosopher

Quote from: bellNwhistle on December 16, 2015, 06:10:54 AM
Last night before going to bed, we turned on the show from the night before. I have to say, I hope that as Heather gets more comfortable, she stops sounding like everything she says is a question.

The Uptalk Epidemic
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/caveman-logic/201010/the-uptalk-epidemic

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Philosopher on December 16, 2015, 09:55:41 AM
The Uptalk Epidemic

"What am I talking about, you ask? Uptalk. That ever-growing tendency to end statements with upward inflections to make them sound like questions. Like you're not quite sure what you're saying is true. Or clear. Or will be acceptable to your audience. To suggest that you're willing to back down, or restate your point, or change your viewpoint altogether if your listeners don't nod their approval."

Philosopher

Quote from: bellNwhistle on December 16, 2015, 10:03:19 AM
"What am I talking about, you ask? Uptalk. That ever-growing tendency to end statements with upward inflections to make them sound like questions. Like you're not quite sure what you're saying is true. Or clear. Or will be acceptable to your audience. To suggest that you're willing to back down, or restate your point, or change your viewpoint altogether if your listeners don't nod their approval."

Uptalk in California is almost universal.  It isn't quite so bad here in Florida, thank God.

Quote from: bellNwhistle on December 16, 2015, 10:03:19 AM

Or people whom finish sentences with, "right?"

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Philosopher on December 16, 2015, 10:05:23 AM
Uptalk in California is almost universal.  It isn't quite so bad here in Florida, thank God.

I'm from "The Valley", and even I don't talk that way. Drives me bat sh*t crazy. Of course I do say "dude!" and "like" a lot.. I'd be horrible at this kind of job. LOL

BellBoy

Quote from: Philosopher on December 16, 2015, 09:55:41 AM
The Uptalk Epidemic

The 'uptalk' combined with her 'vocal fry' affectation, makes her essentially unlistenable, anywhere outside of NPR or college radio.

Philosopher

Quote from: BellBoy on December 16, 2015, 10:09:06 AM
The 'uptalk' combined with her 'vocal fry' affectation, makes her essentially unlistenable, anywhere outside of NPR.

Wow you nailed it. 

Philosopher

I would love to see Heather succeed.  But, I have to say that she currently presents herself as someone who needs another 10 years of life experience before she could confidently participate in impromptu conversations and convey deep opinions on matters of substance.  I'm not picking on her.  Everyone has to grow and evolve.

Quote from: BellBoy on December 16, 2015, 10:09:06 AM
The 'uptalk' combined with her 'vocal fry' affectation, makes her essentially unlistenable, anywhere outside of NPR.

Car Talk was always good for a chuckle.  Why does Garrison Keillor look so... Obtuse?