• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Coast to Coast AM No Longer On Satellite Radio - Meaning For Humanity?

Started by Juan Cena, June 04, 2013, 12:30:27 AM

ziznak

nobody is gonna pay for this shit... cmon now!

hehe cept the coast insiders... what a sad bunch.

Juan Cena

Quote from: ziznak on June 04, 2013, 02:05:43 AM
nobody is gonna pay for this shit... cmon now!

hehe cept the coast insiders... what a sad bunch.

I've been an XM Subscriber since 2005 thank you.

tweet75

its on again tonight  june 5th .....however i did call up xm last night and complained it wasnt on last night and i got a free month of radio !

Meanandnasty

Last night it was announced that Coast to Coast will no longer be on XM Satellite radio effective sometime early fall/late summer.  Options are I-Heart Radio, become a Coast Insider, and maybe a few more.  It will be a big loss to truckers, the backbone of the listening audience. 
Is this important?  Has satellite radio gone the way of the dinosaur?  Has Noory found the optimal replacement in unveiling George Time?  I really don't know, I never listened to satellite radio, but had thought about subscribing many times. 

Morgus

Noory last night reported that c2cam would no longer be carried by Sirius/XM satellite radio starting in August, but he has more broadcast stations across the country than ever before, 540+ stations so the truckers could easily tune to any of those... :P

Histronic Fop

I think this is just Clear Channel controlling its product and subsequent revenue streams.  Coast Insider and I Heart Radio belong to CC; XM/S does not.  Btw, GN said the end date is 8/31.

Juan Cena

Now C2C is apparently gone off Sirius/XM for good in August.

Juan Cena

Quote from: Histronic Fop on June 08, 2013, 08:40:41 PM
I think this is just Clear Channel controlling its product and subsequent revenue streams.  Coast Insider and I Heart Radio belong to CC; XM/S does not.  Btw, GN said the end date is 8/31.

That or they're going to replace it with Red Eye.

Also, I thought CC had a stake in Sirius/XM. Or did Liberty buy it up?

kf5iwe

Ground Zero Radio will be gone as well. Both owned by prem rat. COULD IT BE? (Brownie points to the one who can name the book the qoute in caps came from. And no it wasn't an Art Bell Book.)

Gay

Clearing up the bandwidth for Art Bell on Satellite?

Isn't Art what satellite radio needs?  If you want music, people can stream it from the web, so Satellite needs to be looking at exclusive content, like they did when they got Howard Stern.  Who else has a built-in audience like Art?

awguy

Quote from: kf5iwe on June 09, 2013, 10:53:53 AM
Ground Zero Radio will be gone as well. Both owned by prem rat. COULD IT BE? (Brownie points to the one who can name the book the qoute in caps came from. And no it wasn't an Art Bell Book.)

What puzzles me is... doesn't clear channel (the owners of premiere) have a controlling interest in Sirus/XM? very interesting ... huuuum.

Quote from: Juan Cena on June 04, 2013, 12:30:27 AM
C2C isn't on Sirius/XM tonight.

I love the smell of napalm in the morning!

Juan Cena

Quote from: awguy on June 10, 2013, 12:41:26 PM
What puzzles me is... doesn't clear channel (the owners of premiere) have a controlling interest in Sirus/XM? very interesting ... huuuum.

No, Liberty Media controls a little over a 50% shake in Sirius/XM. I don't remember if ClearChannel sold it's share the company.

Juan Cena

Quote from: kf5iwe on June 09, 2013, 10:53:53 AM

Like I said, it'll probably be replaced by Red Eye, unless all ClearChannel/Premiere radio shows are going away on Sirius/XM. I haven't heard of anything like that happening.

Juan Cena

Okay now I'm reading that most Clear Channel stuff might be leaving SiriusXM

http://www.xmfan.com/viewtopic.php?t=121082

Which would suck as I can't pick up Randi Rhodes in my area.

onan

Quote from: Juan Cena on June 11, 2013, 11:55:40 PM
Okay now I'm reading that most Clear Channel stuff might be leaving SiriusXM

http://www.xmfan.com/viewtopic.php?t=121082

Which would suck as I can't pick up Randi Rhodes in my area.

I think she can be heard on tunein. Dunno if that will change or not.