• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Paul Moller aka the Aircar guy

Started by Chocolate coated jackboot, July 09, 2013, 12:04:53 PM

I got a laugh seeing this guy was a guest last night with Noory. How long has this guy been pimping this thing? 20 years? The Apollo project took less time. Of course his hovercraft Aircar is perpetually only a year or 2 away from being in everybody's garage.  The best show was when a caller asked Moller about his 2003 SEC investigation "As of late 2002, MI's approximately 40 years' of development has resulted in a prototype Skycar capable of hovering about fifteen feet above the ground."  (Paying a $50000 fine after bilking 5.1 million from 500 marks. not too shabby). How can anybody still subject their audience to this huckster?

ItsOver

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Chocolate coated jackboot on July 09, 2013, 12:04:53 PM
I got a laugh seeing this guy was a guest last night with Noory. How long has this guy been pimping this thing? 20 years? The Apollo project took less time. Of course his hovercraft Aircar is perpetually only a year or 2 away from being in everybody's garage.  The best show was when a caller asked Moller about his 2003 SEC investigation "As of late 2002, MI's approximately 40 years' of development has resulted in a prototype Skycar capable of hovering about fifteen feet above the ground."  (Paying a $50000 fine after bilking 5.1 million from 500 marks. not too shabby). How can anybody still subject their audience to this huckster?

i didn't know about any of this SEC stuff with moller.  par for the course.  again and again, one after the other, these c2c guests from the 90s and beyond turn out to be of questionable credibility at best, and scam artists at worst.  i began to tire of moller's shtick in 2006 when he was on with art (hosting from the philippines).  during his 2006 appearance, moller was saying ALL of the same bullshit i'd heard him say 9 years earlier.

but do any listeners actually catch on to these guys? I guess at worse it's harmless escapism so long as you don't hand any money over

ItsOver

Quote from: Chocolate coated jackboot on July 11, 2013, 11:27:24 AM
but do any listeners actually catch on to these guys? I guess at worse it's harmless escapism so long as you don't hand any money over

Considering the current state of C2C with Noory, I'd expect most of the listeners to immediately forget what guest was last on the show.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Chocolate coated jackboot on July 11, 2013, 11:27:24 AM

that's the problem.  it seems the overwhelming majority of c2c guests, given enough time, will wheel out the plea for financial help.  happens almost every time, as i recall from my c2c listening days (which ended years ago).

you mean guests are now asking for straight donations instead of pimping their latest book/DVD/cruise/conference ?

It would be interesting to see what  Dames, Hoagland, Greer, the Ancient Aliens bunch, Moulton Howe and some of the lesser knowns(like Nick Redfern, Andrew Collins) make a year. Apparently it's enough not to need "real" jobs and some of them have been at it for decades

Jackstar

Quote from: Chocolate coated jackboot on July 09, 2013, 12:04:53 PM

http://www.nasdaq.com/press-release/skycar-inventor-moller-to-make-important-on-air-announcement-20131022-01355

Not any more. Hey, is there an insurance salesman in the house?

DanTSX

Popular mechanics 1988.

It was 10 years into development then. 

Flying cars the killer app for the 90's. :o

Can't wait for George's dumb questions.  "Can these visit the faish on Mars?"

Jackstar

The past thirty years of observing what adolescents have done with the technology available to them makes me wish I could join a paramilitary force dedicated to making sure that consumer-level flying cars NEVER hit the market.

I'm just saying, I trust my kids, and I don't trust yo... oh, wait, I don't even have kids, I don't trust any of them. Without artificial intelligence to drive them, humans will never be given access to flying vehicles at the personal consumer/commericial level. Period.

Jackstar

Moller was on C2CAM with Wells last night. No word on what the plan is to keep fourteen-year-old boys from taking one and flying it into a school--but maybe that'll be covered under the ACA.

DanTSX

Didn't he invent the supertrapp muffler that were all the rage in the 80's?

I had a set on my turbo Grand Prix, and they sounded pretty sweet.