• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Richard C. Hoagland

Started by Richard C. Hoagland, July 20, 2008, 07:01:42 PM

expat

One of the very few times I got an e-mail reply from sNoory was when I took him to task one time for introducing Hoagland as "NASA consultant during the historic Apollo Missions to the Moon." I wrote that that was nonsense -- he was consultant to CBS, not NASA. The reply was "He was indeed a NASA consultant -- it's right here in his official bio."

The wording of the bio is "Richard C. Hoagland is a former space science museum curator; a former NASA consultant, and during the historic Apollo Missions to the Moon, was science advisor to Walter Cronkite and CBS News." Noory simply misread the damn thing.

So I wouldn't bet on anyone from C2C being interested in setting the record straight.

Elflord

Quote from: expat on January 25, 2013, 05:15:14 PM
One of the very few times I got an e-mail reply from sNoory was when I took him to task one time for introducing Hoagland as "NASA consultant during the historic Apollo Missions to the Moon." I wrote that that was nonsense -- he was consultant to CBS, not NASA. The reply was "He was indeed a NASA consultant -- it's right here in his official bio."

The wording of the bio is "Richard C. Hoagland is a former space science museum curator; a former NASA consultant, and during the historic Apollo Missions to the Moon, was science advisor to Walter Cronkite and CBS News." Noory simply misread the damn thing.

So I wouldn't bet on anyone from C2C being interested in setting the record straight.
That just proved that Snoory is a liar.

McPhallus

Quote from: expat on January 25, 2013, 05:15:14 PM

Or perhaps the bio was changed after the fact without any acknowledgment or mention from Noory.

expat

Quote from: McPhallus on January 25, 2013, 05:28:35 PM
Or perhaps the bio was changed after the fact without any acknowledgment or mention from Noory.

Just to be perfectly clear -- Hoagland himself has never claimed to have been a NASA consultant during the Apollo years. His contract with GSFC didn't start until 1974. See his personal FoolBook page.

ACE of CLUBS

Quote from: expat on January 25, 2013, 05:38:00 PM
Just to be perfectly clear -- Hoagland himself has never claimed to have been a NASA consultant during the Apollo years. His contract with GSFC didn't start until 1974. See his personal FoolBook page.

Where does the 'Hoagland-NASA consultant' idea/phrase originate?
As much as I dislike Hoagland's persona, if he's not spewing the NASA mis-information ..... who is?

Like the insight and depth of your posts Expat ......

expat

Quote from: ACE of CLUBS on January 25, 2013, 05:52:44 PM
Where does the 'Hoagland-NASA consultant' idea/phrase originate?
As much as I dislike Hoagland's persona, if he's not spewing the NASA mis-information ..... who is?
Ah well, a lot could be said or written about RCH's disillusionment with NASA, the goose that laid a few golden eggs for him the last time he had a job (35 years ago). Maybe I'll do a cynical blogpost about it some day when there's nothing to criticize Mike Bara for. But the essence of it was that he was refused accreditation to the launch of Mars Pathfinder in 1996. NASA Public Affairs took a very dim view of his behavior at the Mars Surveyor launch. His letter of protest is a totally perfect encapsulation of his arrogance and lack of self-awareness.

I remember, in fact, Art Bell expressing disbelief that a representative of the mighty Coast to Coast AM should have been so treated -- I think this was before Hoagland wangled a consultancy fee as "science adviser" -- ugh.

coaster

expat

Quote from: coaster on January 25, 2013, 06:46:09 PM
I really enjoyed your last blog post Expat.
TVM. Maybe I'll do more in screenplay format.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: expat on January 25, 2013, 06:21:11 PM
. His letter of protest is a totally perfect encapsulation of his arrogance and lack of self-awareness.

Please accept my apologies; I could only manage a third of the way through RCH's self aggrandising bollox. So I therefore disqualify myself from giving a measured and considered appraisal of his Royal Enterpriseship's desperate and hole digging missive to NASA. What a tosser.

ACE of CLUBS

Quote from: Lilly on January 26, 2013, 09:43:11 PM
ACE OF CLUBS?  I am cat and animal lover and would like to kindly ask u to change your DISTURBING FUCKING AVATAR!

Have a nice day Lilly ......

Expat, I know you know, but I ALWAYS read your blog posts (although I got behind on them recently). His blog can be found at: http://dorkmission.blogspot.com/

I just posted a new "article" on my blog, Interpose Mission, where I discuss Mr. Richard C, Hoagland's (see his Facebook page for why I used a comma) "inaccutron" (Expat's term) experimental results. It is really really bad. Unfortunately, I want to avoid being called out for using Mr. Hoagland's graphics without permission, so I don't show his "results", although I do link to them. Any lawyer care to give me advice on whether I can reproduce without permission?  Oh well...

Here's the link to my latest:
http://interposemission.blogspot.com/2013/01/stunning-confirmation.html

I always appreciate comments and +'s on Google plus.

comment from the youtube Chichen Itza video: "I love how Hoagland is dressed like a retired old man waiting for the early bird special at the Sizzler." ;D

ACE of CLUBS

Expat ..... just had a look at your blog for the first time.  Very impressed!
I'll be going back to it.  Good stuff, and thanks.

The Macarena Man

I'm glad I was able to spread Expat's gospel and we have a new convert.  ;)

ufogadfly

Quote from: MV on January 07, 2013, 01:18:44 PM

the above satellite image (in canada) is of an entirely natural formation in canada.  if something this impressive is possible through the randomness of geology, then i'd say you can find pretty much anything you want in geological photography given enough photographs.

welcome to coastgab.  post often.

Sorry I missed your reply until now. The image was an excellent example. Actually better than most of the Mars/moon claims I've seen. Thanks for the welcome!

ufogadfly

In fact, the image is SO good I'm thinking you may be hoaxing! ;)

HAL 9000

Quote from: ufogadfly on January 29, 2013, 04:17:07 PMSorry I missed your reply until now. The image was an excellent example. Actually better than most of the Mars/moon claims I've seen. Thanks for the welcome!
Quote from: ufogadfly on January 29, 2013, 04:19:14 PMIn fact, the image is SO good I'm thinking you may be hoaxing! ;)

Be assured it is no hoax - simply open up Google Earth (if you don't have it installed, you should) and paste the following in the search bar:

50 00 36 N 110 06 47 W

Voila!

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: HAL 9000 on January 29, 2013, 06:02:48 PM
Be assured it is no hoax - simply open up Google Earth (if you don't have it installed, you should) and paste the following in the search bar:

50 00 36 N 110 06 47 W

Voila!

thank you, sir.

ACE of CLUBS

My grandfather's homestead was north-east of this area, on the Saskatchewan side.  It's a part of the shortgrass prairie that wasn't suited to farming.  There are large stone 'circles' scattered through this unplowed region.  There were four of these 'circles' on grandpa's place.  I wasn't allowed to play around them, only to look and don't touch or move anything.  Often wonder if they are still there .....

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: ACE of CLUBS on January 29, 2013, 11:45:32 PM
My grandfather's homestead was north-east of this area, on the Saskatchewan side.  It's a part of the shortgrass prairie that wasn't suited to farming.  There are large stone 'circles' scattered through this unplowed region.  There were four of these 'circles' on grandpa's place.  I wasn't allowed to play around them, only to look and don't touch or move anything.  Often wonder if they are still there .....

is there any documentation on their origins?

Quote from: ACE of CLUBS on January 29, 2013, 11:45:32 PM

possibly medicine wheels?

ACE of CLUBS

Quote from: MV on January 30, 2013, 12:49:26 AM

is there any documentation on their origins?

My mother said that the stones were used to hold down the edges of the tee-pee's ....
The spot where the stone circles were on grandpa's place was on the edge of a large bench facing the east.  There was no access to water or fuel there, and being that this was Blackfoot/Piegan/Blood (Blackfoot Confederacy) territory on the edge of the Crow (Absaroka) territory, the Blackfoot's mortal enemies, it doesn't seem like a place for four lone tee-pee's.

The place had a power to it, and as a young boy, I was very aware of this, and could feel it.  I believe my mother knew this also, but never told me ..... maybe to see if I could experience it also ....... which I did, and never told her.  It was a sacred place, and my DNA recognized this immediately.

My family on my mothers side has native heritage, and is very tied to the land.

expat

In my blog today, I look back at some of the lies Hoagland told about the Columbia disaster, ten years ago.

LINK

stevesh

Nice job. The only possibility that makes sense is that Hoagland sees a topic and immediately writes down every single idea that enters his mind about it, then spews them all at every opportunity, hoping something will 'stick'. He's an uneducated charlatan, but he doesn't seem stupid to me, so I can't imagine that he believes all his own bullshit.

The real shame is that C2C has Robert Zubrin available, who actually knows something about space exploration and who does a fine job every week (sometimes several times a week) on John Batchelor's show.

expat

I've written many times that they need look no further than Bob Zimmerman.  He's as fluent as Hoagland but what he says is true.