• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

ponyboysunset

Quote from: TigerLily on September 17, 2015, 08:46:58 PM
Hmmph. Whoozit. Ever since I read your lyrics, Morrissey has been singing in my head.  I blame thank Jazmunda for that.

FIFY ;D

Lilith

Lilith

Quote from: Art Bell on September 17, 2015, 09:13:50 PM
There is a lot going on but MV has told me not to speak of it yet.

Art

Praise MV!

SredniVashtar

Quote from: brig on September 18, 2015, 05:55:45 AM
Praise MV!

If it turns out that MV has just sold out to Premiere and this place is going to turn into NooryGab, I'd like to see how long your dithyrambs last then.  ;)

jazmunda

Quote from: SredniVashtar on September 18, 2015, 06:16:00 AM
If it turns out that MV has just sold out to Premiere and this place is going to turn into NooryGab, I'd like to see how long your dithyrambs last then.  ;)

Changing allegiances worked out so well for Falkie. We might all get a new pair of spectacles. I, for one, am sick of taping mine to my forehead.  8)

SredniVashtar

Quote from: jazmunda on September 18, 2015, 06:24:02 AM
Changing allegiances worked out so well for Falkie. We might all get a new pair of spectacles. I, for one, am sick of taping mine to my forehead.  8)

Yes, he's still quite bullish about his prospects of turning into a TV star on the back of his new boyfriend. Despite not being able to get Danheiser's fucking name right he still insists they are best buds and that phoning a sick man twenty times a day was a sign of their close friendship rather than borderline harassment.

jazmunda

Quote from: SredniVashtar on September 18, 2015, 06:34:15 AM
Yes, he's still quite bullish about his prospects of turning into a TV star on the back of his new boyfriend. Despite not being able to get Danheiser's fucking name right he still insists they are best buds and that phoning a sick man twenty times a day was a sign of their close friendship rather than borderline harassment.

Tommy needs caller ID.

Lilith

Quote from: SredniVashtar on September 18, 2015, 06:16:00 AM

BLASPHEMY!!!!

Lilith

Quote from: SredniVashtar on September 18, 2015, 06:34:15 AM

I wonder if that made Dave jealous?

Quote from: jazmunda on September 18, 2015, 06:24:02 AM
Changing allegiances worked out so well for Falkie. We might all get a new pair of spectacles...

And gas money

ItsOver

Quote from: The Coincidence Kid on September 17, 2015, 09:27:18 PM
Art evolving into a being of pure light on the 23rd. George Knapp to take over. You heard it here first.
Damn.  I'm going to have to change cults again.

CornyCrow

On one broadcast this week there was a news article concerning the earthquake in Chile.  I think the woman who presented the piece was named Amy.  She had a terrific voice.  Where did she come from, I wonder, and can we expect more from her? 

Most women in the media have shrill voices and they can be trained to modulate to a lower range.  In testing it's been found that people tune out higher pitched voices.  You'd think colleges that train school teachers would have a class in speech that addressed this issue.

Advertisers seem to think they are using this to their advantage, thinking that a higher pitched voice for a commercial will be listened to, but in reality I just turn down the volume or shut it off for a period of time.  Maybe others do, as well. 

Anyway, it might be good to hear from Amy again, and all you guys who'd like some oestrogen on the show might pay attention. 

ItsOver

Quote from: CornyCrow on September 18, 2015, 08:24:49 AM

....Advertisers seem to think they are using this to their advantage...

After being bombarded by annoying Liberty Mutual commercials, I'm convinced advertisers believe being annoying is a good thing.

Skunk Ape

Most women in the media have shrill voices and they can be trained to modulate to a lower range..

But then you have to put up with hearing vocal fry. The ole Bogie-Bacall syndrome can be a real bitch for the speaker as well.

SredniVashtar

On one broadcast this week there was a news article concerning the earthquake in Chile.  I think the woman who presented the piece was named Amy.  She had a terrific voice.  Where did she come from, I wonder, and can we expect more from her?  

I hope not, she seemed as animated as a SatNav. It sounded like she was coached by Leo: "Now, REMEMBER...Amy-to-sound reallyweirdandput words. Together. so PEOPLE thinkyou're. An. Idiot."

It seems to be the house style of that segment to sound as balled up as possible.

Ms. C

Quote from: chefist on September 17, 2015, 09:27:03 PM
I just got the PM from MV...all BellGab insiders should have received it! Amazing news!
Just got back from my vacation ... found that PM Chefist .... oh wow ... beyond amazing news ... its good being a BellGab 'Insider' ....  8)

munbeam666

Quote from: jazmunda on September 17, 2015, 07:29:55 PM
Just for the record Art is on tonight. He's taking a well deserved break tomorrow night.

I'm more concerned for the welfare of our fearless leader MV.
MV was buried alive by dirty diapers

Quote from: Ms. C on September 18, 2015, 09:17:26 AM
Just got back from my vacation ... found that PM Chefist .... oh wow ... beyond amazing news ... its good being a BellGab 'Insider' ....  8)

I accidentally deleted the message before reading it. Can someone forward it to me?

Would love for Bateman to fill in for Art (didn't mention it previously because I figured you had to already be on DMDN to fill in)

Was Art working us, Or is MV either part of the big announcement, or does he have an announcement as well?

Very confused. Only willing to be fooled once, so use it wisely please Art

AppealPlay

My top five favorite MITD shows to date:

1. Madman Marcum
2. Andy Basiago
3. Elaine the Backyard Bigfoot Lady
4. John Dvorak
5. Flat Earth Debate (it was just fun to hear the crazy guy and the professor arguing)

chefist

Quote from: ASC on September 18, 2015, 10:22:28 AM
Would love for Bateman to fill in for Art (didn't mention it previously because I figured you had to already be on DMDN to fill in)

Was Art working us, Or is MV either part of the big announcement, or does he have an announcement as well?

Very confused. Only willing to be fooled once, so use it wisely please Art

LOL nothing has been disclosed yet...Art did mention that MV requested that nothing be shared on BellGab...

Does that mean MV actually received an Email from Art? I think that would be the first email ever for MV from Art!

bobo17

Who is MV some one else asked but no one replied.
thanks
bobo

phrodo

Quote from: bobo17 on September 18, 2015, 11:06:26 AM
Who is MV some one else asked but no one replied.
thanks
bobo

I could tell you .. but then jaz would have to 'pay you a visit'.

TigerLily

Quote from: SredniVashtar on September 18, 2015, 04:53:26 AM

You can just call me "Master", we are quite informal here.
Master...ba.  No too easy. I will not go there.  Nice people don't troll. Nice people don't troll...

TigerLily

Quote from: ponyboysunset on September 18, 2015, 05:24:45 AM
FIFY ;D
Thanks Princess Ponyboy Sister Sunset. I do love me some Smiths and Morrissey. Btw "How Soon is Now" would be a great MITD bumper

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on September 18, 2015, 10:58:33 AM
My top five favorite MITD shows to date:

1. Not hearing the word Toomeric or Noory's voice
2. Madman Marcum
3. Andy Basiago
4. John Dvorak
5. Flat Earth Debate (it was just fun to hear the crazy guy and the professor arguing)
My top 5

dan7800

I also didn't get a PM. Can someone please send it my way?

chefist

Quote from: dan7800 on September 18, 2015, 01:48:25 PM
I also didn't get a PM. Can someone please send it my way?

It's a running gag here on BG...there isn't one...:-)