• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Ian Punnett

Started by sillydog, April 06, 2008, 04:15:35 PM

What do you listen to when you can't take C2C anymore?

Nothing
Mainstream talk radio
Progressive talk radio
Music
TV
Podcasts

GSD

Quote from: TaoOfLuxLisbon on August 19, 2011, 07:07:07 PM
The best part was that George wasn't even listening as usual and just went "That's right...."

Ian looks like a young William Windham.

Agree, you could tell that George wasn't listening or has heard/seen him in that state before, LOL. George is SUCH a tool, his moments are even funnier because they come with full consciousness.

You KNOW he reads his own thread on here too, I refuse to believe he doesn't. He probably has a secret account and posts among the group. The sign of a true D-list celebrity, LOL.

GSD

Anybody else think that Ian looks like he might be polishing George's knob? He looks VERY envious of George in photos and such, almost like he's star struck. Someone needs to Photoshop something together and post it, so fucking hilarious.

Ruteger

Anyone remember that SNL skit with Jimmy Smits and how the execs all started to pronounce words with a Spanish accent? The insanity of political-correctness...

valdez

Ian following up with David Elkington on the metal books found in Jordan, theCodices, and how they just might date back biblical times.  Then, Soros tool, malcontent, ne'er-do-well, and propagandist, Russ Baker, complaining about the lack of consistency and common sense behind the Bin Ladin raid. Paul Bishop on police interrogations, and how you should always look a cop in the eye when you're lying to him.  Ian says he plan on doing a show with Spinal Tap megastar, Harry Shear, as co-host.  Interesting.  Lots of ELO music tonight.  I use to own "Out of the Blue" back in the seventies.  I really dug it back then, maybe I still do.

electric light orchestra

Wahnfried

I did like the way Ian nailed Russ Baker on one of his "points."

"Now wait a minute," Ian said, "Where did you get that from?"

Baker hemed and hawed.... Ian pressed him, and pointed out that there were inconsistencies in what Baker was claiming.

Would Noory have EVER done that?

M Knight

Quote from: Wahnfried on August 21, 2011, 10:38:51 PM
I did like the way Ian nailed Russ Baker on one of his "points."

"Now wait a minute," Ian said, "Where did you get that from?"

Baker hemed and hawed.... Ian pressed him, and pointed out that there were inconsistencies in what Baker was claiming.

Would Noory have EVER done that?

It never would have crossed his mind.  Noory doesn't believe in inconsistencies.

HAL 9000

Quote from: valdez on August 21, 2011, 04:58:17 AMLots of ELO music tonight.  I use to own "Out of the Blue" back in the seventies.  I really dug it back then, maybe I still do.

electric light orchestra

The following is ELO's Out of the Blue album in LOSSLESS FLAC format, as well as very high quality mp3.

FLAC: https://www.rapidshare.com/files/2715908474/Electric.Light.Orchestra-Out.of.the.Blue.FLAC.rar
mp3:  https://www.rapidshare.com/files/2015304563/Electric.Light.Orchestra-Out.of.the.Blue.MP3.rar

01. Electric Light Orchestra - Turn To Stone
  02. Electric Light Orchestra - It's Over
  03. Electric Light Orchestra - Sweet Talkin' Woman
  04. Electric Light Orchestra - Across The Border
  05. Electric Light Orchestra - Night In The City
  06. Electric Light Orchestra - Starlight
  07. Electric Light Orchestra - Jungle
  08. Electric Light Orchestra - Believe Me Now
  09. Electric Light Orchestra - Steppin' Out
  10. Electric Light Orchestra - Standin' In The Rain
  11. Electric Light Orchestra - Big Wheels
  12. Electric Light Orchestra - Summer And Lightning
  13. Electric Light Orchestra - Mr. Blue Sky
  14. Electric Light Orchestra - Sweet Is The Night
  15. Electric Light Orchestra - The Whale
  16. Electric Light Orchestra - Birmingham Blues
  17. Electric Light Orchestra - Wild West Hero

INLarry

I'll usually listen if it's on, I'm just sick of his too-mainstream shows, general news devoted to 3 hours, and religion (bashing).  The only religion show I enjoyed was his scientology show, only because I don't think a lot of us understood the truth about that cult.  But authors of nothing of general interest, also boring.

the rest of the time, I'll listen to a bit, then move on if it's a boring topic and find some art bell repeats online somewhere.  I miss his cryptid shows and stuff like that, seems like now he's going more for the verifyable news not being covered nationwide elsewhere segment.

The out there stuff made the show entertaining, and got it it's listener's...we can hear about the "normal" stuff the other 20 hours a day. 

INLarry

I've noticed the issue, never really bothered me.  He's not as bad as most news people who try to pronounce every foreign word with a foreign accent.  Granted, there are some you have to otherwise you sound like a hick...But for the most part Ian just comes across as a self-absorbed, unreligious minister, who yet likes to bash other religions.  The only time I enjoyed hearing Ian on the show is when he had his "stroke" and was blabbering uncontrollably about absolutely nothing, and while not unusual for Ian, at least that time it made me laugh (as well as the numerous times I've YouTube'd it for a chuckle).

Scully

Aw jeez, Ian, AGAIN with the zombies!???  >:(

Morgus

Quote from: Scully on August 26, 2011, 06:58:54 PM
zombies have become one of Ian's recurring favorite topics, just like db cooper, the lindbergh baby, and the man-horse guy  :P

Harmness

Enough with the fucking zombies!

rolindos

you can get used to anything.  I used to live in a town that smelled like a rendering plant, and yes I got used to that too...doesn't mean it's good.

Quote from: Spikegirl on April 06, 2008, 06:37:15 PM
I like Ian and agree that he can do an intelligent show. He asks questions that are relevant and calls his guests out on anything that catches his BS detector. It did take me a few months to get used to him, I have to admit. In the beginning, I felt he was too goofy and was trying too hard to be funny. I have gotten used to him now and compared to Noory, is a pleasure to listen to. His guests as of late have not been very interesting, however. Still, he manages to do a good interview and at least I get to hear two grown ups having a discourse. Something that is not possible on Coast Monday through Friday. I also enjoyed Rollye, while she was there and am in heaven when that sexy voiced John Welles fills in once in a very blue moon.

SnapT

The hurricane has saved us from zombies!

(They're fun to watch movies about, Ian, but not so fun to hear being speculated about for three hours.)

valdez

Quote from: Scully on August 26, 2011, 06:58:54 PM
Quote from: Harmness on August 27, 2011, 03:16:14 PM
Enough with the fucking zombies!
Quote from: mbrown on August 27, 2011, 06:41:53 PM
Oh not another stupid zombie show....
Quote from: SnapT on August 28, 2011, 12:31:08 AM
The hurricane has saved us from zombies!
Quote from: Roger on August 27, 2011, 12:49:21 AM
Hey man!

Disappointing many, Ian reschedules the "zombie show"  and focuses on hurricane Irene instead.  Weatherman  John Coleman doesn't know what the big deal is.  Howard Bloom can't be too careful. Captain Kelly Sweeney advises all ships to get out of port. Stan Dayo...eh...I forgot what he was talking about, and astrologer Mark Lerner said that Saturn began a new 30 year cycle (the time it takes to orbit the sun) this morning, and he suggest we all begin anew as well.  Thank you, Saturn, and good luck.  Ian continues to battle "Osama on Ice" conspiracist, and how come whenever anyone talks to Deacon Punnett about religion it usually winds up getting ugly?  Oh, well.

begin the begin

WOTR

I have been wondering if this is the same guest who did the fictional zombie apocalypse show a couple of years ago?  That one is on my "top ten" list of most disliked shows.

I only heard a short "snippet" from last night, and it was a religious caller.  I was actually pretty pround of Ian holding her feet to the fire.  It was good to hear him demand proof of her claim that the earthquake and hurricane and signs from God that we need to support Israel more.  She was unable to explain why this earthquake and hurricane were signs, but did state that not all were.  I think he even would have been forced to accept a ridiculous reasons such as "I had a vision", but this caller could not even offer that- she could only state that it must be a sign and rambled about the bible and the ancient past.

I know that he does mention his past pretty regular in regards to religion... however, he seems less willing than George to let the complete nut jobs espouse their views unchallenged.  Callers like this making it on the air on a very regular basis make me doubt that Art will be back on C2C.  The core audience has changed and he would no longer stand a chance with the caller the "new" main host has attracted.
Quote from: valdez on August 28, 2011, 05:28:48 AM
  Disappointing many, Ian reschedules the "zombie show"  and focuses on hurricane Irene instead.  ...how come whenever anyone talks to Deacon Punnett about religion it usually winds up getting ugly?  Oh, well.

Quote from: WOTR on August 28, 2011, 01:03:14 PM
I have been wondering if this is the same guest who did the fictional zombie apocalypse show a couple of years ago?  That one is on my "top ten" list of most disliked shows.
That guest was Max Brooks, author of "The Zombie Survival Guide" and "World War Z".

That show is in my top ten best. How come you didn't like it?

Gassy Man

Quote from: Agent : Orange on August 28, 2011, 01:10:05 PM
That guest was Max Brooks, author of "The Zombie Survival Guide" and "World War Z".

I can answer that -- unlike most C2C topics, the whole zombie thing is entirely rooted in fiction as they gloss over the real issues of zombies (in Haiti, etc.) and instead go to a bunch of nerdy speculation on the fictional movie types . . . it's like dweebs spending hours debating about the efficacy of Star Wars, a four-hour tech manual blab about something that isn't even remotely plausible.  One can't even approach it as folklore.  So for Ian to devote so much time to it is just stupid.  He should save that zealousness for the next time he goes to a comic book convention.

b_dubb

that's the thing about zombies.  the only way something like that would work is if MAGIC were involved. and since we're all grown ups .... yawn

if the brain is dead - no running.  no higher brain functions to create prey hunting strategies.  no plausible scientific explanation for it.  now if there was a super virulent / weaponized form of rabies ... well ... kiss your ass goodbye.  cause that would be UGLY.  like "28 Days Later"

Morgus

Quote from: valdez on August 28, 2011, 05:28:48 AMStan Dayo...eh...I forgot what he was talking about
Stan Deyo told some more about the information he learned from the Hopi.
He said from them and other sources, the sun will be heating up dramatically in the next few years possibly 2012-2013.
It will get so hot and burn areas on the earth forcing people to live underground for a period of time.
He mentioned other stars when they have burned about half of their hydrogen fuel (like our sun is now at that point) can suddenly act different and even swell up.
This all sounds like it tracks with Major Ed Dames' "solar kill shot" scenario, where he saw in the future survivors living underground like in lava tubes and the only food source was green algae. :o

Quote from: Morgus on August 28, 2011, 02:57:52 PM
... This all sounds like it tracks with Major Ed Dames' "solar kill shot" scenario, where he saw in the future survivors living underground...

Oh thank god.  I was starting to get worried. 

The fact that Majorette Dames 'predicted' it lessens the likelyhood down to about zero.

Quote from: mbrown on August 28, 2011, 05:23:14 PM
I agree..i am sure it was a metaphor or just something nerds talk about.  perhaps if we were all high?  I will not listen to another zombie show.  Ian seem to be enjoying it.  zombies in haiti legend are voodoo living dead made to work for their capturer...not dangerous at all.  I kept thinking...why not just chop their legs and arms off when you bury the dead....and turn it into a monty python movie?

This stupid zombie comic book stuff is further evidence of Ian's hostility towards George for making him apoligize on air, and is trying to make the show into a joke.  If he would only tune in M-F, he would realize George has already done that.

Frys Girl

in my zombie state last night, I heard a caller tell Ian something along the lines of "George Noory says disclosure won't happen because yadda yadda." I honestly think Ian lets these anti-George people through and just pretends to argue with them. He wants certain statements to be made that are anti George. Smart ian. I likey.

Quote from: b_dubb on August 28, 2011, 01:35:47 PM
that's the thing about zombies.  the only way something like that would work is if MAGIC were involved. and since we're all grown ups  .... yawn

You have to remember we're talking about the C2C audience circa 2011 here.

I never understood the whole zombie craze, and it seemed to transfer easily across all forms of media - books, movies, TV, video games.. just a glut that seemed to tag on to the vampire popularity.  I suppose it is an easy concept to shove into any shelved story to give it some life, no pun intended.  But I can't say I've found any of them interesting. [1]

[1] I'll set aside judgment on anything with "strippers" and "machine guns" in the title.

kf5iwe

If you build it they will come. If Art comes back so will the old audience. We are out here waiting all across the country. Ease our pain. If he returns in any fashion, the word will be flashed around the world here and elsewhere. I did not get on the internet until Art made me want to go look at his website in 1998. I started listening in 1995. I was the anticomputer, now I have DSL. All because of some guy from Pahrump Nevada.

Has anyone checked with Ed Dames to see if he has remote viewed Art's return? I could not resist

WOTR

Quote from: Agent : Orange on August 28, 2011, 01:10:05 PM

The other posters pretty much nailed it.  It just seemed way too long and that by the end they were just talking for the sake of hearing themselves.  Nothing was based on any rules or any version of reality; you just make it up as you go with no "wrong answer."  Not one suggestion was put forward that was shot down as being not plausible.  Every time the host or guest would come up with a new idea the show went in a new direction for far too long.  One suggestion of zombies wandering around under water caused 5 minutes of "serious" discussion on the topic.

To me it was the equivalent to listening to ten dungeons and dragons "fans" talking seriously about a fictional world for hours on end...  Perhaps 15 minutes of it would have been alright, but it just ended up being too much.

Quote from: kf5iwe on August 28, 2011, 07:43:11 PM
Has anyone checked with Ed Dames to see if he has remote viewed Art's return? I could not resist

Dame's is busy working on a special project with Fort Rock. ;)

Quote from: From Somewhere Out There on August 29, 2011, 12:28:30 PM
Dame's is busy working on a special project with Fort Rock. ;)
What is this special project with Fort Rock you speak of?

onan

Quote from: General Johnson Jameson on August 29, 2011, 12:34:56 PM
What is this special project with Fort Rock you speak of?

I am not sure you were posting here when Ft. Rock was. He was... shall we say, ummm creative. His style made for some lively posts. He may still be a member, I don't know. The concept of dames and Ft. Rock would be like two peas in a pod.