• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Main Menu

Guns

Started by Caruthers612, July 01, 2010, 11:34:40 PM

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Metron2267 on January 31, 2019, 12:13:16 PM
Where'd you go after Bellgab went down and you got booted from Ellgab?

Your mom’s. She thinks you’re a piece of shit too.

Metron2267

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 31, 2019, 09:16:47 PM
Your

Why are you trying to kill this forum off?

Why do you try to set conservative against conservative?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Metron2267 on February 01, 2019, 11:35:31 AM
Why are you trying to kill this forum off?

Why do you try to set conservative against conservative?

I’m not. You are with your boring neediness and walls of text.

I don’t think RINOs and neocons are real conservatives. NEXT! ;D

Metron2267

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on February 01, 2019, 07:32:55 PM

I’m not.

Ya you are. ;D

But why?

QuoteYou are with your boring neediness and walls of text.

Reading must be difficult for you. :'(

QuoteI don’t think RINOs and neocons are real conservatives. NEXT! ;D

I don't see many RINOS or Neocons here - ymmv political purity test guy.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Metron2267 on February 01, 2019, 07:36:53 PM
Ya you are. ;D

But why?

Reading must be difficult for you. :'(

I don't see many RINOS or Neocons here - ymmv political purity test guy.

No I’m not. You are.

We’ve been all through what walking contradictions Bush voters are in the Trump era. If you didn’t get it then (and you didn’t) you’re never going to so stop asking for clarification on that one, you moronic faggot.

Taaroa

Quote from: Metron2267 on January 30, 2019, 08:46:30 PM
Good on YOU! What caliber(s)were you shooting?
I think it was a mix, but might be better if I just list what guns were used. Seeing as it was probably the last taste of freedom for a long while, I went all out and tried everything they had:

-Makarov       
-Smith and Wesson .44 revolver
-Glock Submachine gun CAA Tactical
-AK47
-Winchester pump shotgun
-Mosin Nagant
-Sig Sauer M400
-Colt 1911
-Glock 17
-Heckler and Koch P30
-Glock 19 (silenced and with laser sight)
-.357 Ruger revolver
-Taurus s- blue .38 revolver
-SKS

albrecht

Quote from: Taaroa on February 02, 2019, 03:32:33 PM
I think it was a mix, but might be better if I just list what guns were used. Seeing as it was probably the last taste of freedom for a long while, I went all out and tried everything they had:

-Makarov       
-Smith and Wesson .44 revolver
-Glock Submachine gun CAA Tactical
-AK47
-Winchester pump shotgun
-Mosin Nagant
-Sig Sauer M400
-Colt 1911
-Glock 17
-Heckler and Koch P30
-Glock 19 (silenced and with laser sight)
-.357 Ruger revolver
-Taurus s- blue .38 revolver
-SKS

A nice selection! Pretty much covered all the bases in terms of types of firearms.

Taaroa

Quote from: albrecht on February 02, 2019, 04:12:50 PM
Pretty much covered all the bases in terms of types of firearms.

That was my intention. They had a .308 Remington sniper rifle listed too, but it wasn't available for unclear reasons - the guy didn't speak english so I couldn't find out.

albrecht

Quote from: Taaroa on February 02, 2019, 04:24:01 PM
That was my intention. They had a .308 Remington sniper rifle listed too, but it wasn't available for unclear reasons - the guy didn't speak english so I couldn't find out.
Strange. One thing you left off is something lever-action. I'm surprised they didn't at least have a lever-action .30-.30 there.  Sounds like a fun time!

Asuka Langley

Quote from: Taaroa on February 02, 2019, 03:32:33 PM

-Makarov       
-AK47
-Mosin Nagant
-SKS

Nice selection of slavshit, needs moar Saiga 12 tho.

Jackstar

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-02-06/real-reason-4-cops-got-shot-houston-last-week

I didn't bother sourcing any of the links in this info. Is that even still a thing anymore? Whatevah.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Taaroa on February 07, 2019, 04:14:36 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33teK7L4DM4

Early in the A-10 program, firing the GAU-8 expelled gun gases that would cause the aircraft's engines to flameout.  The video below shows the ejection of then Maj Rusty Gideon after one such incident.  I met Gideon years later when he was a GO in command of the USAF Safety Center.

https://youtu.be/9BswANhuKgk

Quote from: Uncle Duke on February 07, 2019, 05:37:05 PM

Early in the A-10 program, firing the GAU-8 expelled gun gases that would cause the aircraft's engines to flameout.  The video below shows the ejection of then Maj Rusty Gideon after one such incident.  I met Gideon years later when he was a GO in command of the USAF Safety Center.

Wow.  That is an interesting problem that I bet few thought of during the various design phases.

albrecht

https://www.statesman.com/news/20190209/doggett-optimistic-about-background-check-bill-for-gun-purchases 

Yeah, right, Commie. 

"“No one in this audience, none of these organizations, believe in gun grabbing, (or are) anti-Second Amendment,” Rhodes said to those in attendance before kicking off the panel. “We believe you have the right to own guns, but we do believe in common-sense regulation that can help save lives, like universal background checks.”"

Asuka Langley

Anyone in California can now own standard capacity magazines and websites are taking orders!

Dianne Feinstein gettin' dabbed on!

https://therightscoop.com/california-gets-a-constitutional-slapdown-in-federal-court-over-10-round-magazine-ban/

www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna989136

albrecht

The NewYork Times amazed that size matters!  At least in aggregate and not in precision "button-pushing" or poaching.  The article shows you there are people making serious coin writing "academic" articles and studies, University of Chicago  no surprise,  on what is basic understanding, sometimes with tax-payer funded grants etc. And RAND involved also which cause me to guffaw.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/03/27/upshot/deadly-bullets-guns.html 

And then ends with the whole article, study, tax money, job ending idea undermines the studies and article, in a way at least, or minimizes the alarming claims: 

'Homicides in most major American cities peaked in the early 1990s, just before larger-caliber pistols became common. The homicide rate has fallen nearly by half since then. But the research about weapon caliber suggests it could have dropped by even more."

Uncle Duke

Quote from: albrecht on March 31, 2019, 08:39:09 PM
The NewYork Times amazed that size matters!  At least in aggregate and not in precision "button-pushing" or poaching.  The article shows you there are people making serious coin writing "academic" articles and studies, University of Chicago  no surprise,  on what is basic understanding, sometimes with tax-payer funded grants etc. And RAND involved also which cause me to guffaw.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/03/27/upshot/deadly-bullets-guns.html 

And then ends with the whole article, study, tax money, job ending idea undermines the studies and article, in a way at least, or minimizes the alarming claims: 

'Homicides in most major American cities peaked in the early 1990s, just before larger-caliber pistols became common. The homicide rate has fallen nearly by half since then. But the research about weapon caliber suggests it could have dropped by even more."

The homicide rate began to drop as more states changed laws to "will issue" concealed carry permits, which started in the early-to-mid 90s.  Also, most concealed carry permit holders tend to buy more expensive, higher caliber handguns, so at least that part of the article rings true.

AC400KICK

I have a solution to the problem. Lay down our arms and everyone learn Jiu Jitsu. It’s easier to pull a trigger than Roll with someone on the mats.

Asuka Langley

Quote from: AC400KICK on April 29, 2019, 08:34:32 AM
I have a solution to the problem. Lay down our arms and everyone learn Jiu Jitsu. It’s easier to pull a trigger than Roll with someone on the mats.

Or stab them in the face with a soldering iron

albrecht

I'm not sure why having such a large collection is illegal or the legal method the police could gain a warrant and seize private property on a random anonymous caller but it is California so....
https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/08/us/massive-seizure-of-guns-la-trnd/index.html 

Now cue various conspiracy theories, I saw some reference in the news to the mansion being connected to J.Paul Getty's son, Jay-Z, etc? But maybe I misheard.  Reminds me of the even weirder one that never was properly followed-up on due to the mysterious death of suspect. That also involved some kind of underwater car.  Frankly if I'm a billionaire/millionaire I would buy cool stuff like lots of guns, underwater cars, and what-not. This is America, Dammit! Why is that illegal? A prominent Texas attorney bought an old tank for his ranch and had it parked in River Oaks for weeks even! Fuck yeah!

Asuka Langley

Quote from: albrecht on May 09, 2019, 05:46:36 PM
I'm not sure why having such a large collection is illegal or the legal method the police could gain a warrant and seize private property on a random anonymous caller but it is California so....

Now cue various conspiracy theories, I saw some reference in the news to the mansion being connected to J.Paul Getty's son, Jay-Z, etc? But maybe I misheard.  Reminds me of the even weirder one that never was properly followed-up on due to the mysterious death of suspect. That also involved some kind of underwater car.  Frankly if I'm a billionaire/millionaire I would buy cool stuff like lots of guns, underwater cars, and what-not. This is America, Dammit! Why is that illegal? A prominent Texas attorney bought an old tank for his ranch and had it parked in River Oaks for weeks even! Fuck yeah!

I was wondering why it was illegal as well. But some of the AR15's in the pictures looked like they were not compliant with state law. There were also some Thompson submachine guns but they may have been modern semi auto reproductions and not a real full auto. If there are full auto's the guy is completely fucked.

albrecht

Quote from: Kizuna Ai on May 09, 2019, 05:51:59 PM
I was wondering why it was illegal as well. But some of the AR15's in the pictures looked like they were not compliant with state law. There were also some Thompson submachine guns but they may have been modern semi auto reproductions and not a real full auto. If there are full auto's the guy is completely fucked.
Aren't some of those grandfathered via "curio" laws? Or maybe he held Class III but I guess not considering the raid. Still one anonymous caller results in this kind of raid? Highly suspect, if true. It could be the call lead to deeper investigation and surveillance that THEN resulted in a warrant a raid/seizure. Though I still have some problems with an anonymous caller starting the process, if that is indeed what happened. Also, isn't there some kind of "ex post facto" protection via Article 1, Section 9 Constitutionally if some of his collection was deemed illegal after his initial possession/purchase?