• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Jimmy Church

Started by mikealden, January 27, 2014, 09:37:07 PM

DanTSX

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on February 01, 2015, 02:31:48 AM

...satisfying his misogynist and paedophilia tendencies. If it were legal; he would use 12 and 13 year olds.

And if my uncle had tits, he'd be my Aunty.

Please stick to the facts mister.

DanTSX

Quote from: yumyumtree on February 01, 2015, 05:01:54 PM

By Dude, you mean Swerdlow, right? Yes, I agree. There's another Jimmy Church thread under AM Hosts, where I have posted some thoughts.

Your avatar always puts me in mind of a scene from a musical called "Rewinding Montana" which was written and performed in 1989 to commemorate the centennial.

Yeah Swerdlow.

Thanks!  I've always wanted to go to Montana. 8)

smithy

Quote from: popple on February 01, 2015, 01:34:14 AM
They're actually letting Jimmy take calls this time?

It's possible that Jimmy Church was an inside job by Noory to infiltrate DMRN, thus Jimmy's  'could care less' attitude (no big deal) about using Art & Keith's bandwidth and insider info. Ever since his first C2C broadcast as host Church has sounded like and emulated Noory with "uh-huh", "yes", etc. He's being coached on how to be a Snoory broadcaster.

If Noory doesn't have an iron-clad contract he better watch his back cause Church wants his job! With his ability to show no accountability Church takes after his mentor. Jimmy could be the one to find some inside friends on Premrat and derail the big Snore because he has that "brother" thing down pat.   Either way, they're both just opportunists latching onto the empire Art Bell created. Grab the money when you can-- that's Smaaaart!

zeebo

Quote from: DanTSX on February 01, 2015, 12:36:33 AM
Why are you guys so butthurt over Jimmy Church?

He's better than the other knuckleheads they keep parading around the show to take over for Jorch.

People were really pumping him up for awhile, then he got too big for his britches apparently and there was a backlash, and now that he's shown his c2c aspirations he's lost credibility with some folks.

As for me the truth lies somewhere in the middle.  He's got some irritating stylistic issues, but generally he's a decent interviewer and at least he has some interest and knowledge about his guests/topics.  Personally, I give him a B-, but grading on the c2c curve it's more of a B+.

popple

Yes. Jimmy did sound very Jorch like the other night. He's getting it! Also, if Jimmy just called up Coast like Jorch says, then it sure is easy to get a hosting spot. Eeeeesh!

scottydawg

Swerdlow get's the "Batshit CrazY award for last week, Great Googly Moogly he was nuts! :o

zeebo

Quote from: scottydawg on February 01, 2015, 06:19:10 PM
Swerdlow get's the "Batshit CrazY award for last week, Great Googly Moogly he was nuts! :o

You mean he actually topped Gianninoto from that Wed. show?  Impressive!

LW

Sad but Jimmy has no honor, it's not the topic that drives him but the money and fame. No loss though DM is better without him bringing down the ratings.

Art will do some serious damage to that other show and Jimmy can go down with the boat.

You picked the wrong side Jimmy.

LW

Quote from: Wintermute on January 28, 2015, 09:26:35 AM
I kind of wanted to see what the Art Bell reaction was to Jimmy Church before posting anything. No reaction, so here is my $.10:

1. DMR.Net has had some issues keeping more than a few podcasters. The stories are out there so I won't rehash them. In the end, it is the station manager's job to promote the station, talent, and content. At the end of the day, media is about reach. If DMR isn't actively attempting to extend it's reach, what are they doing?

2. Jimmy Church isn't bad at all. He's trying to make a go of broadcasting online in a very over-baked subject matter. Kiboshing an indie is stupid.

3. Loyalty? It's a job. The only thing you owe people / organisations you are hired or contracted by is your best work and a level of professionalism. If the grass is greener, you jump. That's life. That's business.

The barrier to entry is so low in online streaming (regardless of what Art Bell might say) that if a station doesn't work to expand, they will eventually be competing against their own talent. DMR is finding this out.

1. DMR is for Art and that is when the network will start moving forward. This has always been about working out the bugs, consider this a prelude to the real show.

2.You either can be honorable or a bottom feeder.

3. Then you and church are bottom feeders. Your word and loyalty are all there is in this world, everything else is just the matrix.

DanTSX

Quote from: zeebo on February 01, 2015, 05:34:08 PM
People were really pumping him up for awhile, then he got too big for his britches apparently and there was a backlash, and now that he's shown his c2c aspirations he's lost credibility with some folks.

As for me the truth lies somewhere in the middle.  He's got some irritating stylistic issues, but generally he's a decent interviewer and at least he has some interest and knowledge about his guests/topics.  Personally, I give him a B-, but grading on the c2c curve it's more of a B+.

Meh.   Can't really blame him for his aspirations.  Why wouldn't he?  As much as we love Art, he is perceived as a flake, and George still has a significant show.   Or he can fart around on DMRN......

Nope.  Can't blame him.

b_dubb

I don't have a problem with the guy trying to improve his lot in life. I just don't like his style or anything else really. Part of that is my cynical take on a lot of these paranormal types trying to make easy money.

Nebraska888

I have never heard of Jimmy Church.  He seemed OK.......but, I'll reserve judgment for now..... ???  I have listened to him twice on Coast.

Who

I don't know which is worse - Jimmy Church's voice or the sound of fingernails on a chalkboard.

RedMichael

Quote from: wr250 on January 29, 2015, 08:02:27 AM
sounds like a "first world problems" type of post.

Geocities is from the 90s. It is 2015. It is a credibility issue at this point when it is that bad.

wr250

Quote from: RedMichael on February 02, 2015, 01:45:35 AM

Geocities is from the 90s.
really? time flies when you having fun

QuoteIt is 2015.
yes that is true
It is a credibility issue at this point when it is that bad.
some advice:
then dont goto his site. problem solved. 

as i said "1st world problem"

DanTSX

Quote from: wr250 on February 02, 2015, 06:39:23 AM
really? time flies when you having fun
yes that is truesome advice:
then dont goto his site. problem solved. 

as i said "1st world problem"

"Credibility" isn't really a huge issue on a show like C2CAM, or the entire genre.   The majority of topics are so far off in fantasyland, I actually would question the credibility of listeners who buy into the topics.     But we listen for the "what if's" and the possibilities that the paranormal researcher on the other end of the interview might had uncovered something, or might had gotten just a smidgen of the truth right and open up a ton of possibilities.  Credibility issues are expected. 

However, "integrity" IS an issue.  And that is what we judge them men we discuss by.   

Heilsa,All!
Due to "Boss-Town Strong(Smell O Fraud!)"psy_op meme,I predicted Seattle to Loose the Gladiator-Play cum mind control(half-time spectacle,see:"Soc.O.T.Spectacle x DeBord")show of battle-oink fascist might with special(ie,Sub-Liminal)sauce on the side..
Too bad i didn't gamble for cash,i'm strapped now,any-how...
However,I like some of Mike Bara's past research as Luna_Lunatick_researcher Au_Jur...
Not keeping up,because he hitched his wagon to the Hoagland crashing star[vide:("Dark Star"),the Film,X O'Bannion?]and now my bets are on an number of skeptics of the Moon Hoax,as well as,stuff on Mars in da inter-webby-thingy...
I'll post some another time,but my fave now is "Jarrah('Moon-Faker')White"Now he's re-upped his site and re-posted about three hundred vids on"joo-toob"and Vimeo,etc.
================================================
[h++ps://www.youtube.com/user/WhiteJarrah]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[[size=78%]h++p://moonfaker.com/home.html[/size][size=78%]][/size]
[size=78%]------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/size]
[size=78%][[/size][size=78%]h++ps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neVJ_su7M48[/size][size=78%]][/size]
[size=78%]==========================================================[/size]
[size=78%]Und Zo,i'm searching through the secret nasa 'puppet' indexes for listed refutations of an bunch of old sites in history of the webby thingy for links to anti-nasa posted forums now moot.[/size]
[size=78%]Bara seems too burnt out.[/size]
[size=78%]Incidentally,when Geocities died,an group of users retrieved some sites,just substitute an "r"for "g"in the url and see if the site has been re-upped...[/size]
[size=78%]I'm going to drasticly loose web access soon,so don't expect frequent posts from now on...[/size]
[size=78%]"B_B"[/size]

astroguy

Here is a transcript I just wrote for Mike's response to Jimmy's question about Teh Haterz:

QuoteJC:  “You know, Mike, you’ve been rolling that rock uphill in a lotâ€" for a long time, for, uh, twenty years.  And, what do you do, becauseâ€" what do you do to fight uh, the, the wave that is going against you?  And, not only the skeptics, but the ones that just want to combat you at every step of the way because, you know, you choose - and like I said at the intro - you’re steadfast in-in your research and your belief, and you don’t waiver.  How do you keep up the good fight?”

MB:  “Well, you know, for me it’s that I know that we are all right about all this stuff.  I mean, there-there may be certain issues that we’re wrong about.  There may be, you know, maybe some of the 9/11 really isn’t all that [states something while laughing, unintelligible]â€" not to bring up a sore subject, but, you know, there are going to be parts of what we believe in as aâ€" as a unit, as a - what do you call them? ‘Fadernaughts’ or the Coast to Coast AM audience, or just anybody who’s interested in these kinds of TV shows and programs - weâ€"we are gonnaâ€" Maybe there’s parts of the story that we’ve got wrong, but the VAST majority of it - 80% of it - we’ve got it right.  And it’s the Truth.  And knowing that it’s the Truth keeps pushing me forward.

"And, again, I don’t care about convincing those other guys.  I’ve  gotten to the point where I’ve completely blocked out the people that attack me.  Iâ€" you know, I responded for a long time, it takes a lot of energy.  I basically set up a page where I said, ‘If you believe what these people say, here’s my counter-argument,’ tuhâ€" a dozen of them or so, and that’s it!  That’sâ€"I’m just gonna let that stand.

"Ummmm, and now I only wanna talk to the people that are actually interested in listening, and knowing there are people out there that wanna listen, knowing that there are people out there that are gonna make their own discoveries because they’ll be inspired by me, or you, or George Noory, or listening to these programs, or some of the other guests you have on, justâ€" That’s what fuels, me that’s what gets me up every day saying, you know, ‘Hey! Weâ€"we need to move forward with this.’

"And the other thing that’s really important, I think, that fires me up, is we are not the weird ones.  They are.  The people that look at us like we’re black sheep like we’re crazy because we believe this weird stuff, they’re the ones that aren’t awake.  They’re the ones that aren’t paying attention, they’re the ones that are living with their heads in the sand.  So, I really haveâ€" feel like I’m on a quest to make people feel comfortable with who they are and with their fascination with this whole realm of stuff that’s out there: All these different issues that we talk about on shows like this."

I would point out that Mike's statement about his role/goal being to make people feel comfortable with who they are is particularly vile coming from him, for he calls women who disagree with him "cunt" and "too ugly to breed" and he calls men who disagree with him "homo" and "douchebag."  Among other things.  Because apparently to his juvenile mind, being homosexual is an insult.  But it's okay -- he's "on a quest to make people feel comfortable with who they are." ::)

Youin sounds like that there feller that was fixin to raise up a scorpeen army and the likes. I aint herd from you in a coons age boy.
Quote from: Beelzebubbelah on February 02, 2015, 10:30:39 PM
Heilsa,All!
Due to "Boss-Town Strong(Smell O Fraud!)"psy_op meme,I predicted Seattle to Loose the Gladiator-Play cum mind control(half-time spectacle,see:"Soc.O.T.Spectacle x DeBord")show of battle-oink fascist might with special(ie,Sub-Liminal)sauce on the side..
Too bad i didn't gamble for cash,i'm strapped now,any-how...
However,I like some of Mike Bara's past research as Luna_Lunatick_researcher Au_Jur...
Not keeping up,because he hitched his wagon to the Hoagland crashing star[vide:("Dark Star"),the Film,X O'Bannion?]and now my bets are on an number of skeptics of the Moon Hoax,as well as,stuff on Mars in da inter-webby-thingy...
I'll post some another time,but my fave now is "Jarrah('Moon-Faker')White"Now he's re-upped his site and re-posted about three hundred vids on"joo-toob"and Vimeo,etc.
================================================
[h++ps://www.youtube.com/user/WhiteJarrah]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[[size=78%]h++p://moonfaker.com/home.html[/size][size=78%]][/size]
[size=78%]------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/size]
[size=78%][[/size][size=78%]h++ps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neVJ_su7M48[/size][size=78%]][/size]
[size=78%]==========================================================[/size]
[size=78%]Und Zo,i'm searching through the secret nasa 'puppet' indexes for listed refutations of an bunch of old sites in history of the webby thingy for links to anti-nasa posted forums now moot.[/size]
[size=78%]Bara seems too burnt out.[/size]
[size=78%]Incidentally,when Geocities died,an group of users retrieved some sites,just substitute an "r"for "g"in the url and see if the site has been re-upped...[/size]
[size=78%]I'm going to drasticly loose web access soon,so don't expect frequent posts from now on...[/size]
[size=78%]"B_B"[/size]

cweb

Quote from: astroguy on February 03, 2015, 03:13:25 AM
Here is a transcript I just wrote for Mike's response to Jimmy's question about Teh Haterz:

I would point out that Mike's statement about his role/goal being to make people feel comfortable with who they are is particularly vile coming from him, for he calls women who disagree with him "cunt" and "too ugly to breed" and he calls men who disagree with him "homo" and "douchebag."  Among other things.  Because apparently to his juvenile mind, being homosexual is an insult.  But it's okay -- he's "on a quest to make people feel comfortable with who they are." ::)
I love Bara's preaching about being open-minded when he himself is particularly close-minded.

It's essentially saying "I'm right and if you don't listen to me, you're ignorant. But I don't have to listen to you because I'm right."

This hypocrisy fits quite well with his ample use of ignorant ad hominem attacks toward critics, as you've highlighted above.

I took a bit of time to listen to CHURCH ..
A BIT. Like, basically I could get through only the opening two minutes of each half hour and that was simply to hear the bumper music he chose.. I can't stand the guy's voice, it sounds a little like Harvey Feinstein..
Anyway, I wonder if JIMMY has a little touch of nausea in his stomach when he has to endlessly churn out ads for Noory's beyond belief? I guess it's the way you pay the piper.. I suppose it's just being forced on everyone by all then hosts ...
Oh well here was Jimmy in the early 90s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlErVEOZ3VM

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: HorrorReporter on February 03, 2015, 09:06:01 AM
I can't stand the guy's voice, it sounds a little like Harvey Feinstein..

http://youtu.be/DRZxek8rwNU

LW

Listening to a few minutes of church last he started by saying he wasn't going to give a statement and then spent 10 mins giving a statement. Saying how great Coast is and such a professional show and then saying the DM is a "fine" network.

Made a comment on that there is no fight and then says the fight is one sided.
Stated that there is no drama and that he did nothing wrong and there is nothing to it.

Sounds like he is trying to spin this to make himself the good guy, does he really think with everything we have seen that we will swallow this BS?

He talked like art is the under dog in this.

One interesting point is Jimmy mentioned liking to see the engineer standing at attention with his finger on the caller dump button. Sounds like they are waiting for Art supporters to call, lol.

Whatever, I had no respect for him already. He could at least grow a pair and say he picked a side for his own profit.

cweb

Quote from: LW on February 03, 2015, 01:09:36 PM
Listening to a few minutes of church last he started by saying he wasn't going to give a statement and then spent 10 mins giving a statement. Saying how great Coast is and such a professional show and then saying the DM is a "fine" network.
Whatever, I had no respect for him already. He could at least grow a pair and say he picked a side for his own profit.
Morbid curiosity made me check a few minutes. I thought it was funny how he was talking about how great his new mic was...while his voice distorted on loud parts from too much gain.

Yes sir, board op is certainly a full-time gig...

"Yes sir, board op is certainly a full-time gig"
Especially when you are using a 4 channel mixer from Radio Shack made in 1982 that you used to use at birthday parties for little kiddies. His main accomplishment was tying in the Mr. Microphone he found in the trash to channel 1 of the mixer. "Someday I'll be a radio announcer. They'll see." Young Jimmy said in a stern voice....
Wheee! Faders make my voice louder!

bateman

Quote from: Sumthins Goin On on February 03, 2015, 02:52:20 PM
His main accomplishment was tying in the Mr. Microphone he found in the trash to channel 1 of the mixer.

Oh my god did I laugh at this.

"I guess that makes me a Fadernaut!"

bateman

Quote from: LW on February 03, 2015, 01:09:36 PM
One interesting point is Jimmy mentioned liking to see the engineer standing at attention with his finger on the caller dump button.

Gee, I wonder why that would be necessary.  ::)

cweb

Or do they make it less quiet?

!!!!!