• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Jimmy Church

Started by mikealden, January 27, 2014, 09:37:07 PM

Morgus

Quote from: popple on August 27, 2015, 11:31:33 PM
Will they actually allow him to take calls? FROM REAL PEOPLE?!
He would seem to be perfect to call in to on Saturday to make a mention about Art Bell, his old pal!  8)

zeebo

Quote from: Morgus on August 27, 2015, 11:59:18 PM
He would seem to be perfect to call in to on Saturday to make a mention about Art Bell, his old pal!  8)

Wonder if he'll post that picture of the two of 'em "hangin' out" on the c2c site?

Scully

Morgus, you beat me to this tidbit.  I stumbled on it because I heard Dave Schrader will host tomorrow night.  Was hoping he was also doing Saturday night, BUT:

Date:   Saturday - August 29, 2015
Host:   Jimmy Church
Guests:   Jason Martell, Mark McCandlish
In the first half of the program, host Jimmy Church (email) welcomes ancient culture researcher, Jason Martell, who will discuss how ancient cultural beliefs are tied in with the procession of the equinox and why this concept of a vast cycle-connected and gradual procession of the equinox is viewed by modern humans as strange. In the latter half, conceptual artist and researcher Mark McCandlish will share his story of working as an illustrator of classified projects for the military-industrial complex. He will discuss his story of intrigue, secrets, and technology, along with detailed information on the history, physics and technological mechanisms regarding faster-than-light travel, antigravity, and zero-point energy.

:P

cweb

"Hey Jimmy! Good to hear ya pal! Question... who are you warming the seat for now? I'll take my answer off air."

Uncle Duke

:o
Quote from: cweb on August 28, 2015, 09:43:39 AM
"Hey Jimmy! Good to hear ya pal! Question... who are you warming the seat for now? I'll take my answer off air."

If you make that call, don't forget to mention Art's back on the air so the listeners can Google him to get full details of MITD. ;)

dan7800

With Art back, and even Hoagie doing decent shows, there is no reason to listen to this clown.

Sat & Sun nights are the only nights I MIGHT listen to C2C, that is assuming Knapp is hosting.

bateman

Heather Wade

Quote from: cweb on August 28, 2015, 09:43:39 AM

Good one, cweb.

Juan Cena

Jimmy and Jason Martel. Time for some racist ancient alien talk.

TigerLily

Ick. Jimmy Lurch.  Disgusting.

Morgus

Jimmy is promoting Noory's paranormal date venture a lot tonight - another sign of selling out.
So far Knapp hasn't done that, for comparison...

TigerLily

Knapp is always a class act.

Uncle Duke

The difference is, I'm sure, Knapp considers himself a journalist first and foremost and therefore doesn't want to be a pitchman lest it affect his self perceived credibility.  Never remember seeing Huntley or Brinkley pitching shredded wheat, or Cronkite hawking Buicks.

wr250

Quote from: Uncle Duke on August 30, 2015, 04:47:18 PM
The difference is, I'm sure, Knapp considers himself a journalist first and foremost and therefore doesn't want to be a pitchman lest it affect his self perceived credibility.  Never remember seeing Huntley or Brinkley pitching shredded wheat, or Cronkite hawking Buicks.
knapp doesnt need to hawk anything. he has a stack of journalistic awards taller than he is. and thats just the paper ones...
in addition he has a great gig going on with a tv station in vegas. he doesnt have to do coast, he does it because he wants to.

chefist

Quote from: wr250 on August 30, 2015, 05:24:35 PM
knapp doesnt need to hawk anything. he has a stack of journalistic awards taller than he is. and thats just the paper ones...
in addition he has a great gig going on with a tv station in vegas. he doesnt have to do coast, he does it because he wants to.

I'm sure Coast pays pretty well too...and let's Knapp do what he wants...I don't know if he has a contract or not, and that may be a part of it...I think MITD does not have the money to pay a substitute or weekend host at this point...IMO...

Uncle Duke

I get it that Church got on many 'gabber's shit list for going over to the enemy by ditching DMRN and signing on to guest host C2C.  I also think most of us agree he showed poor judgement with the silly "secret under water base" story, and his ill advised comments about "sitting in for Art" rubbed some of us the wrong way.  All that aside, Jimmy Church is a very respectable interviewer.  Go back to the first several pages of this thread, the consensus of opinion was he doing quite a good job, with some of his current harsher critics here giving him very favorable reviews.  I said on this thread in May of last year his Rendlesham interview with Nick Pope and John Burroughs was the best UFO show I've ever heard, I stand by that.

Personally I lost interest in his show, not because of any perceived disloyality or poor decisions on his part, but because he had a 2-3 week string of really shitty guests starting last summer.  I got out of the habit of listening, and never really went back.  I still check his website, and when he has a guest/topic that interests me, I listen.  That's the same approach I take with Art, Bateman, other C2C rent-a-hosts, and yes....even George.  If you want to hate Church, have at it, but you're only hurting yourself if you miss a guest you'd otherwise like to hear competently interviewed.

bateman

Quote from: Uncle Duke on August 31, 2015, 01:08:02 PM
I get it that Church got on many 'gabber's shit list for going over to the enemy by ditching DMRN and signing on to guest host C2C.  I also think most of us agree he showed poor judgement with the silly "secret under water base" story, and his ill advised comments about "sitting in for Art" rubbed some of us the wrong way.  All that aside, Jimmy Church is a very respectable interviewer.  Go back to the first several pages of this thread, the consensus of opinion was he doing quite a good job, with some of his current harsher critics here giving him very favorable reviews.  I said on this thread in May of last year his Rendlesham interview with Nick Pope and John Burroughs was the best UFO show I've ever heard, I stand by that.

Personally I lost interest in his show, not because of any perceived disloyality or poor decisions on his part, but because he had a 2-3 week string of really shitty guests starting last summer.  I got out of the habit of listening, and never really went back.  I still check his website, and when he has a guest/topic that interests me, I listen.  That's the same approach I take with Art, Bateman, other C2C rent-a-hosts, and yes....even George.  If you want to hate Church, have at it, but you're only hurting yourself if you miss a guest you'd otherwise like to hear competently interviewed.

For me, it's the style I can't get past. Aside from being a disingenuous twat ("it's all about yeewwww"), he sounds like Wolfman Jack and Jimmy Fallon's morning zoo DJ character trying to do paranormal topics.

Morgus

Quote from: bateman on August 31, 2015, 05:29:43 PM
he sounds like Wolfman Jack and Jimmy Fallon's morning zoo DJ character trying to do paranormal topics.
yep you got Jimmy Church nailed - Wolfman Jack indeed!  ;D

now we need a photoshop of Jimmy as Wolfman...  :D

Quote from: Uncle Duke on August 31, 2015, 01:08:02 PM

I agree with you mostly. Some of the segments he did were just terrible especially when he would talk about a b-level celebrity he met one time 10 years ago, and would go into a long detailed story about the meeting. I stopped listening not because of his poor judgement to leave DMRN but the quality of his show went down. He started interviewing numbers lady and that ilk.

With RCH, art bell, darkness radio,  the no sleep podcast,  dark city, Drabble cast, etc there is no reason to listen to church. There are better podcast like the paracast and Dr.j that I would rather listen to., but can't find the time to, than try Church again. Jimmy Church puts on a inferior show which is why I stopped( and I think most) people stopped listening. I also could never stand his fake shock jock radio voice.

For jimmy's sake I hope Noory lives up to his word letting him host C2C.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: bateman on August 31, 2015, 05:29:43 PM
For me, it's the style I can't get past. Aside from being a disingenuous twat ("it's all about yeewwww"), he sounds like Wolfman Jack and Jimmy Fallon's morning zoo DJ character trying to do paranormal topics.

Grew up listening a rock DJ in the late 60s who was something of a legend in the midwest, guy called himself "The Mojo Man".  Hadn't thought of him in years until I read your post, but Church reminds me of him.  Probably some of his air checks on line somewhere if you're interested. 

What I dislike most about Church's show is the format, celebrity and dead guy birthdays don't do much for me.  On the plus side, on the odd occasions I listen I know I can miss the first 20 minutes without it affecting what I want to hear.

Nebraska888

Church is by far not a favorite......but, HE IS STILL BETTER THAN NOORY!  That's how unskilled Noory is.

albrecht

I don't like what Church has done etc but that is business and he took what he thinks is the way to big success. Don't like the manner but whatever. He can be good with guests sometimes. But the awful music choices, the "shock-jock" manner, and his banter with callers and producers is off-putting and annoying. Maybe if there was a very rare guest that doesn't appear elsewhere I would listen but otherwise....nah.
Better than Norry? Sure, but that is a pretty low bar with which to compare anyone.

zeebo

Quote from: albrecht on September 01, 2015, 03:01:52 PM
...Better than Norry? Sure, but that is a pretty low bar with which to compare anyone.

My cousin Hubert is better than Noorie.

Juan

Quote from: Uncle Duke on August 30, 2015, 04:47:18 PM
I wonder what's in Knapp's contract.  Usually an on-air personality (they call themselves talent) is handed copy to read and told when to read it.  No choice. Maybe Knapp has something that gives him a choice, or, probably more likely, a clause that exempts him from doing live commercials.

wr250

Quote from: Juan on September 01, 2015, 06:29:16 PM
I wonder what's in Knapp's contract.  Usually an on-air personality (they call themselves talent) is handed copy to read and told when to read it.  No choice. Maybe Knapp has something that gives him a choice, or, probably more likely, a clause that exempts him from doing live commercials.

might be a clause in his tv contract that prevents him from doing commercials for anyone other than hte tv station.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: wr250 on September 01, 2015, 07:49:44 PM
might be a clause in his tv contract that prevents him from doing commercials for anyone other than hte tv station.

Can't be, he does spots for Coast Insider ("...just 15 cents a day....").  I could believe his contract with C2C gives him the right to veto any live spots he feels would affect his self perceived credibility as a journalist.

morgana213

I stopped listening to timmy when it became clear to me that he has no integrity.  In his early days on DMR he bashed Dave.  Then about a year into his gig at DMR, he started singing dave's praises.  IMO, he is a bullshit artist and will sell out to the highest bidder.  There are almost always opportunities for me to listen to any guest he might have (that I'd be interested in) on a different show. 

Scully

Quote from: albrecht on September 01, 2015, 03:01:52 PM
I don't like what Church has done etc but that is business and he took what he thinks is the way to big success. Don't like the manner but whatever. He can be good with guests sometimes. But the awful music choices, the "shock-jock" manner, and his banter with callers and producers is off-putting and annoying. Maybe if there was a very rare guest that doesn't appear elsewhere I would listen but otherwise....nah.
Better than Norry? Sure, but that is a pretty low bar with which to compare anyone.

^^^^^^^^^ THIS.

Just Me

Dis Jimminy Church bozo reminds me of a DEMON just like that 1 man clown act Dave Schrader.

ziznak

I've sworn off the jimmy church, cock-rock, crap ever since he started claiming he was somehow a replacement for Art...

"Lord, what fools these mortals be!"

Church will pay for this hubris