• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

How to break a previous post into point by point segments

Started by NowhereInTime, June 05, 2014, 08:23:41 AM

NowhereInTime

Something I've noticed many posters know how to do, which I do not, is to take a post and segment it point by point while maintaining attribution.
This way they are able to respond to a previous post point by point rather than en masse.
Would anyone please be so kind as to explain how this is done?
Thanks in advance.

wr250

Quote from: NowhereInTime on June 05, 2014, 08:23:41 AM
Something I've noticed many posters know how to do, which I do not, is to take a post and segment it point by point while maintaining attribution.
This way they are able to respond to a previous post point by point rather than en masse.
Thanks in advance.

you insert the [ quote][ /quote] tags for example i quoted your post above now to break it up you can do the following:

[ quote author=NowhereInTime link=topic=6124.msg264961#msg264961 date=1401978221]

[ /quote] is a end-quote tag
next is a quote tag
[ quote]
Thanks in advance.
[ /quote]

i added a space so the board would show it without interpreting it , here it is without hte spaces:

Quote from: NowhereInTime on June 05, 2014, 08:23:41 AM

is a end-quote tag
next is a quote tag
Thanks in advance.