• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

Uncle Duke

Quote from: ItsOver on March 28, 2018, 12:35:20 PM
It'll be interesting to see if it was Mr. M-80 or Ms. Cherry Bomb.

A group of classmates and I saw Ms. Cherry Bomb at the Brass Ass in Newport at the end of finals week back in the late 70s.  There are no coincidences.

Lord Grantham

Quote from: Juan on March 28, 2018, 12:00:44 PM
Maybe she’s going to renounce witchcraft, accept Jesus as her personal Savior, and make her public profession of faith on Good Friday.

A recitation of the Nicene Creed. That'll be a compelling three minutes of air time.

Juan

Quote from: Lord Grantham on March 28, 2018, 01:00:38 PM
A recitation of the Nicene Creed. That'll be a compelling three minutes of air time.
Perhaps followed by a recitation of the 119th Psalm. That should take two hours.

ItsOver

Quote from: Uncle Duke on March 28, 2018, 12:59:19 PM
A group of classmates and I saw Ms. Cherry Bomb at the Brass Ass in Newport at the end of finals week back in the late 70s.  There are no coincidences.

"Good times, good times..."

Quote from: Lord Grantham on March 28, 2018, 01:00:38 PM
Well Art's wife is Catholic and I was wondering how she feels with a witch next door looking in her windows all day and night,, but I thing Heather got a Mail Order Groom and is going to the Philippines to pick him up since he is not old enough to travel by himself.

Heather stated last night the news is not Art Bell related.

Still think it is affiliate related, which is big for her.

Epaphroditus

So the witch has shot down anything affiliate related so I will guess Dark Matter app , worst situation will be that Deepak has been booked as a guest .

Also , somebody call Heather and have her stop telling everybody to watch any Johnny Depp film .

GravitySucks

Quote from: Epaphroditus on March 28, 2018, 10:22:45 PM
So the witch has shot down anything affiliate related so I will guess Dark Matter app , worst situation will be that Deepak has been booked as a guest .

Also , somebody call Heather and have her stop telling everybody to watch any Johnny Depp film .

Mel found another hole.

Quote from: Epaphroditus on March 28, 2018, 10:22:45 PM

Ehhh. I hope it is something good. But if it isn’t affiliate or Art related, it’s probably a guest booking or some other form of promotion such as an app as someone else guessed. I recall Art saying they were working on one back when he was the host.

chefist

Quote from: nooryisawesome on March 28, 2018, 10:36:47 PM
Ehhh. I hope it is something good. But if it isn’t affiliate or Art related, it’s probably a guest booking or some other form of promotion such as an app as someone else guessed. I recall Art saying they were working on one back when he was the host.

I haven't listened since the first week...so the show is really good now? Keeping an open mind...

pate

Quote from: chefist on March 28, 2018, 10:54:32 PM
I haven't listened since the first week...so the show is really good now? Keeping an open mind...

I've listened to 2 shows these past 2 weeks and even called into one.  Not something I want to listen to every night but she is leagues better than Jorch.

Epaphroditus

Heather will announce that MITD will now be 7 days per week but Lasha will be hosting 3  :-[

WhiteCrow

Heather is noticeably improving.she's  acquiring Art like skills with guests. The  fringe feel comfortable with her and  feel safe opening up. She is even using bumper music to make a point like Art did.  Great fun some nights.

Love ALL

Zenman

Quote from: WhiteCrow on March 29, 2018, 01:53:54 AM
Heather is noticeably improving.she's  acquiring Art like skills with guests. The  fringe feel comfortable with her and  feel safe opening up. She is even using bumper music to make a point like Art did.  Great fun some nights.

Love ALL

I agree. As does Art, according to his tweet of a couple hours ago which also suggests that he might be filling in for her soon. Maybe Friday night?

Juan

Maybe the announcement is that Richard C. Hoagland is her new science advisor.

Darth Vader

Quote from: Juan on March 29, 2018, 05:22:43 AM
Maybe the announcement is that Richard C. Hoagland is her new science advisor.
No it's that falkie is her lover

Lord Grantham

Quote from: aldousburbank on March 29, 2018, 05:50:26 AM
That would be crushing news.

I know, you wanted the big guy all to yourself.

Deep down we all do.

ItsOver

Quote from: GravitySucks on March 28, 2018, 10:31:04 PM
Mel found another hole.
Ha!  Last Saturday's Somewhere in Time was Mel's Hole.

Art Bell: Somewhere in Time returned to 2/24/97 for a conversation with (the late) Diana Fairchild (who had 20+ years experience as an airline stewardess) discussing why so many people get sick from flying. Later in the show, Mel from "Mel's Hole" shared an update on the bottomless hole on his property.

Quote from: nooryisawesome on March 28, 2018, 07:24:13 PM
Still think it is affiliate related, which is big for her.
DING DING DING! due to all the irresponsible speculation she announced the 'big get' at the beginning of last night's show

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Chocolate coated jackboot on March 29, 2018, 09:06:42 AM
DING DING DING! due to all the irresponsible speculation she announced the 'big get' at the beginning of last night's show

A 5W radio station on a reservation in the middle of nowhere in Canada is a "big get" for MITD?

ItsOver

Quote from: Uncle Duke on March 29, 2018, 09:26:14 AM
A 5W radio station on a reservation in the middle of nowhere in Canada is a "big get" for MITD?
Ha, ha, ha!  Hey, it's "The Mohawk Nation Radio."  ;)

Quote from: WhiteCrow on March 29, 2018, 01:53:54 AM
Heather is noticeably improving.she's  acquiring Art like skills with guests. The  fringe feel comfortable with her and  feel safe opening up.
She's surpassed Art, 2nd only to Parkinson at this point

ItsTelly

"I've listened to 2 shows these past 2 weeks and even called into one.  Not something I want to listen to every night but she is leagues better than Jorch."

Better than Jorch for sure.  What the hell has happened to Coast lately? It's been bloody awful and at times unlistenable.  I still subscribe for Knapp, Schrader, and Syrett - otherwise, I'd be gone.

As for Heather, I've noticed she is hit or miss depending on the guest.  Since she is a witch, why doesn't she interview some?  She would know the material and there would be a lot to talk about.  Some of Art's best interviews ever were with Evelyn Paglini.

Telly