• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

President Donald J. Trump

Started by The General, February 11, 2011, 01:33:34 AM

Bounder

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on July 01, 2018, 12:40:33 AM
The Dems shit talk is really scaring you? Really?! You know they're ginormous pussies deep down inside and that this is all just to try to force their political agenda down Americans throats, right? :D

I want to believe . . . unfortunately these comments exactly (yours) are the kind that put a little more weight than I'd like behind polls talking about "Civil War II," which would indeed be apocalyptic.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 21st Century Man on July 01, 2018, 12:42:35 AM

Especially on Bellgab!  :P

Let's not forget all the Jews posing as Christians too.  ;)

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Bounder on July 01, 2018, 12:44:49 AM
I want to believe . . . unfortunately these comments exactly (yours) are the kind that put a little more weight than I'd like behind polls talking about "Civil War II," which would indeed be apocalyptic.

The same polls that said it was impossible for Trump to be elected president? ???

GravitySucks

Quote from: 21st Century Man on July 01, 2018, 12:44:39 AM
I tried to look it up but the best stat I got was 1.6% of Americans were Mormons.  I figured when you take the whole world into account less than 1% seemed correct.

You missed my point entirely.

Bounder

Quote from: GravitySucks on July 01, 2018, 12:47:02 AM

Yes, 21st, GS meant to insult Mormons by asserting that they are not (in the main) actually Christian.

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on July 01, 2018, 12:45:57 AM
Let's not forget all the Jews posing as Christians too.  ;)

Is that your newest conspiracy theory?  21st Century Man is really a Jew?  Who da thunk?  I did have a mom named Miriam but she was more Cherokee than Jew.  Nope, I come from an Anglo-Saxon Baptist background on both sides. You can do better!!

Bounder

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on July 01, 2018, 12:46:57 AM
The same polls that said it was impossible for Trump to be elected president? ???

The hue and cry, sprayed from and at both sides, seems especially obdurate and indissoluble at this moment in history.  My imagination extrapolates it all to a terrible and final shatterpoint, which I (of course) hope does not happen.

Much less to do with polls than simply noting human behavior.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Bounder on July 01, 2018, 12:48:03 AM
Yes, 21st, GS meant to insult Mormons by asserting that they are not (in the main) actually Christian.

I was not trying to insult mormons. I was stating my belief that most Mormons, and the same for many Catholics, are not Christian. I don’t believe they gained salvation just because they were baptized Mormon or Catholic.

Now the same can be said of any church, but I do believe that there are a higher percentage of Christians in protestant churches than in thes Catholic and Mormon churches. Doesn’t mean they aren’t good people.  The just don’t meet what I have been taught is Christianity.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Bounder on July 01, 2018, 12:52:07 AM
The hue and cry, sprayed from and at both sides, seems especially obdurate and indissoluble at this moment in history.  My imagination extrapolates it all to a terrible and final shatterpoint, which I (of course) hope does not happen.

Much less to do with polls than simply noting human behavior.

OK...sure...I'll give you the benefit of doubt where thousands wouldn't. ;)

Quote from: GravitySucks on July 01, 2018, 12:47:02 AM

No, I got it.  0% are Christians, right.  I had Mormon friends so I chose not to say anything about that.  The religion is wrong but most of them are good people, I think.  The secular world would not distinguish between the two either.

Quote from: GravitySucks on July 01, 2018, 12:53:53 AM
I was not trying to insult mormons. I was stating my belief that most Mormons, and the same for many Catholics, are not Christian. I don’t believe they gained salvation just because they were baptized Mormon or Catholic.

Now the same can be said of any church, but I do believe that there are a higher percentage of Christians in protestant churches than in thes Catholic and Mormon churches. Doesn’t mean they aren’t good people.  The just don’t meet what I have been taught is Christianity.

There are a lot of Sunday morning Christians in all denominations but who am I to judge? Mormons and Catholics would call themselves Christians. I really don't want to go there.  I'll leave it to God.

GravitySucks

Quote from: 21st Century Man on July 01, 2018, 12:54:06 AM
No, I got it.  0% are Christians, right.  I had Mormon friends so I chose not to say anything about that.  The religion is wrong but most of them are good people, I think.  The secular world would not distinguish between the two either.

I sense the church elders discarding more and more of the fringe beliefs but I am not sure that they will ever toss aside the Book of Mormon and the belief that they will all get their own planet. I do believe some actually have accepted the gospel but remain in the mormon church because of family. I really don’t think I have ever met a mormon that I would consider evil. I do know there was a very strong network here among the aerospace workers and only mormons could get into certain jobs.  More like nepotism than cultism though.

GravitySucks

Quote from: 21st Century Man on July 01, 2018, 12:58:14 AM
There are a lot of Sunday morning Christians in all denominations too but who am I to judge?  I really don't want to go there.  I'll leave it to God.

I had that mindset for several years. Leave it to God. And then we got Obama.  Tested my faith.  Still deliberating with the Big Guy over that one.

Jojo

Bounder

Quote from: GravitySucks on July 01, 2018, 01:00:11 AM
I sense the church elders discarding more and more of the fringe beliefs but I am not sure that they will ever toss aside the Book of Mormon and the belief that they will all get their own planet. I do believe some actually have accepted the gospel but remain in the mormon church because of family. I really don’t think I have ever met a mormon that I would consider evil. I do know there was a very strong network here among the aerospace workers and only mormons could get into certain jobs.  More like nepotism than cultism though.

Anthropologically the LDS movement is far better equipped to outlast an extinction event, too â€" they're scripturally bound to keep stores enough to survive without income or access to amenities for a year.

Bounder

Quote from: GravitySucks on July 01, 2018, 01:02:03 AM
I had that mindset for several years. Leave it to God. And then we got Obama.  Tested my faith.  Still deliberating with the Big Guy over that one.

Why?  Democracy is demos + kratos.  "People power."  The most celebrated anti-theistic force outside the scientific method, which burnishes our world.

I understand you're making a quip, but if you're not, I wonder why you'd pick Obama over say female circumcision or cancer.

Quote from: GravitySucks on July 01, 2018, 01:02:03 AM

I know, GS.  I don't consider myself a good Christian.  I wish I was.  My wife, God bless her, has such a blind faith and I look up to her for it. Some days I think I'm destined for the Pit if there is one.  I'm still undecided on that.  I'm a bit of a heretic, to be frank. I have some odd beliefs but I've talked about that before so I won't bore you with them again.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Bounder on July 01, 2018, 01:08:41 AM
Why?  Democracy is demos + kratos.  "People power."  The most celebrated anti-theistic force outside the scientific method, which burnishes our world.

I understand you're making a quip, but if you're not, I wonder why you'd pick Obama over say female circumcision or cancer.

I have never personally experienced female circumcision or cancer.

Bounder

Quote from: GravitySucks on July 01, 2018, 01:11:04 AM
I have never personally experienced female circumcision or cancer.

I congratulate you on personally experiencing Obama.  Pics?

You seem not to have experienced "being a Mormon" either, yet to you: it's wrong.

Your statement isn't an out.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Bounder on July 01, 2018, 01:12:51 AM
I congratulate you on personally experiencing Obama.  Pics?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Bounder on July 01, 2018, 01:18:06 AM
I accept your apology.

You're confused again. It's understandable.

Bounder

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on July 01, 2018, 01:18:57 AM
You're confused again. It's understandable.

I thought "It" wasn't as good as the first version.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Bounder on July 01, 2018, 01:19:40 AM
I thought "It" wasn't as good as the first version.

The it I was referring to was your confusion. ;)

Bounder

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on July 01, 2018, 01:21:19 AM
The it I was referring to was your confusion. ;)

Never saw Your Confusion.

Now that you say so, though, yeah: highly obvious.

My condolences.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Bounder on July 01, 2018, 01:22:32 AM
Never saw Your Confusion.

Now that you say so, though, yeah: highly obvious.

My condolences.

Lame. You're not clever at all. I'm done playing with you now. Toodles!

Bounder

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on July 01, 2018, 01:23:48 AM
Lame. You're not clever at all. I'm done playing with you now. Toodles!

"You" is indeed the worst.

Ta ta.  Vive somnium!

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Bounder on July 01, 2018, 01:24:53 AM
"You" is indeed the worst.

Ta ta.  Vive somnium!

L8R liberal snowflake. :-*