• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

AppealPlay

Quote from: coaster on October 04, 2015, 02:12:12 PM
Leo is acting like a little bitch. That picture of art flipping off the camera has nothing to do with him. Its an old picture. Hes getting pretty close to slander. I'm glad he has nothing to do with the show anymore.

Unfortunately it's not just a matter of Leo acting like a bitch (he is, of course) but now he's actively hurting Art's business by poisoning affiliate relationships.

Weirdoradio

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on October 04, 2015, 02:14:35 PM
Unfortunately it's not just a matter of Leo acting like a bitch (he is, of course) but now he's actively hurting Art's business by poisoning affiliate relationships.

I'd like to add the caveat here that he's theoretically hurting Art's relationship with his affiliates right now. I checked a few of the radio stations Leo listed and all still have him on the schedule. Reaching out to them to see if they in fact are getting rid of MITD as a first step could gauge just how... far from the truth Leo's newest round of statements are.

popple

Has Leo told all these affiliates "It's Art, or me!" ?  :P Looks like they're choosing Art.

TigerLily

Time to rally the Vestal Virgins of the Dark.  And you thought we were just pretty faces.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: nextgenfm on October 04, 2015, 01:58:41 PM
Who would want to do business with him now

He is unhinged and now seems to be on a warpath against Art

It's insane what he's doing. He's shredding his business credibility for no real reason.

AppealPlay

Quote from: Weirdoradio on October 04, 2015, 02:19:07 PM
I'd like to add the caveat here that he's theoretically hurting Art's relationship with his affiliates right now. I checked a few of the radio stations Leo listed and all still have him on the schedule. Reaching out to them to see if they in fact are getting rid of MITD as a first step could gauge just how... far from the truth Leo's newest round of statements are.

You think he's lying about it?

coaster

It's pretty easy to find someone to report other people's news, Leo. Might want to dial the drama queen shit down a notch or ten.

bateman

This dude has gone nuclear grade crazy.

Leo states that he's "taking some time off" to possibly assemble a 3-4 hour show. He also stated that he didn't want to make any emotional decisions (too late IMO) about committing to do a new show.

If these stations are "done with MiTD on Friday" then what show would they be broadcasting in the meantime?

He's delusional.

AppealPlay

I feel like moving forward Art needs to syndicate himself.  I don't know how that works but I don't want to see Art get burned again by another Leo-like psychopath.

GravitySucks

Where is the Paglini Replacement Witch (PRW) when you need her?

coaster

I wonder what he said to have stations drop Art's show. There seriously could be grounds for a lawsuit.

GravitySucks

Quote from: transistor under my pillow on October 04, 2015, 02:30:33 PM
Leo states that he's "taking some time off" to possibly assemble a 3-4 hour show. He also stated that he didn't want to make any emotional decisions (too late IMO) about committing to do a new show.

If these stations are "done with MiTD on Friday" then what show would they be broadcasting in the meantime?

He's delusional.
I don't have the time to check.  Are the shows he listed ones that are getting the Internet feed, or ones that signed up for the XDS service?

AppealPlay

Quote from: coaster on October 04, 2015, 02:33:31 PM
I wonder what he said to have stations drop Art's show. There seriously could be grounds for a lawsuit.

It certainly does.  I should hope Art has already contacted his lawyer.

GravitySucks

I liked it better when we had moved on to sweet potatoes and squash.

Weirdoradio

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on October 04, 2015, 02:26:01 PM
You think he's lying about it?

I don't trust anyone who spends 48+ hours ranting and raving on the internet about business-related matters. Other adults go through this kind of thing all of the time in the business world and don't end up wordpuking all over social media about it. That's just bad business and if I were any of those radio operators he was looking to have host his new show I'd be very weary of entering into business with him after all of this for fear of blowback by being linked to this guy. He's playing the short game instead of understanding the consequences of how badly he's wrecking his longterm credibility. Pretty easy, in these modern times, to Google someone's name and see what potential issues there are, especially if you plan on conducting business with them.

He may have contacted those stations to see if they would no longer broadcast MITD, but I don't think that they all definitely agreed to walk away. Besides, you don't think Art and co wouldn't have some agreement in place vis-a-vis access to the XDS equipment in the case of stations who signed up via that route? He's out to protect his own brand. If Leo made any moves then he may have opened himself up to some legal issues, depending on what sorts of agreements were drawn up.

Art owes Leo money? Depending on the amount, either take DMR Inc to small claims or get yourself a lawyer to get what you need. Leo signed a deal he eventually believed to be subpar? That's his own issue. He should have priced himself accordingly.

Gah I'm giving the internet more chum about all of this.

chefist

I'm sure IF what nutcase is saying is true, they only got one skewed side of the story... One call from Heather or Art will set the record straight...

coaster

Leo works 25 hours a day for nothing. And he walks to work, uphill both ways, with no shoes. woe is leo.

weeberwubber

Quote from: Dyna-X on October 04, 2015, 01:56:52 PM
I wouldn't blame Art one bit.  Leo should get sued until there is nothing left of him but his mustache.  I felt a tad of sympathy towards him yesterday as an overly-sensitive person who was melting down, but now I wouldn't care if he fell down Mel's hole and into boiling pits of sewage and straight out the ass end of a black hole.

With everything we know about Art, who can believe Leo when he says that Art is sending legal threats regarding a photoshopped image. Man, pick a better spot.

popple

Quote from: transistor under my pillow on October 04, 2015, 02:30:33 PM
Leo states that he's "taking some time off"
I hope that's code for checking into the psych ward.

weeberwubber

Quote from: coaster on October 04, 2015, 02:40:27 PM
Leo works 25 hours a day for nothing. And he walks to work, uphill both ways, with no shoes. woe is leo.

Asscraft, you mad because Falkie makes more money bro?

Dyna-X

If he keeps this crap up he's gonna get someone to make cartoons and videos about him, I sense it in my bones.

bateman

Quote from: popple on October 04, 2015, 02:47:25 PM
I hope that's code for checking into the psych ward.

Hahahahahaha

weeberwubber

Quote from: Weirdoradio on October 04, 2015, 02:38:13 PM

He may have contacted those stations to see if they would no longer broadcast MITD, but I don't think that they all definitely agreed to walk away. Besides, you don't think Art and co wouldn't have some agreement in place vis-a-vis access to the XDS equipment in the case of stations who signed up via that route? He's out to protect his own brand. If Leo made any moves then he may have opened himself up to some legal issues, depending on what sorts of agreements were drawn up.

All those stations are not going to make a gut call to drop art within the space of hours and over a weekend to boot and saying they will possibly means they will when Leo's show is ready to replace Arts, which goes with my previous theory based on Leo's post announcing a 3 hour show 2 days ago: maybe he was using his position as contact to these stations for Art to develop relationships and talk to the stations about playing his own show instead.

Dyna-X

Quote from: bateman on October 04, 2015, 02:52:01 PM
Hahahahahaha

I hope Art makes this a new staple in his bumper repetoire:

And They're coming to take me away Ha Ha
They're coming to take me away ho ho he he ha ha
to the funny farm where life is beautiful all the time, and I'll be happy to see those nice young men in their clean white coats
and they're coming to take me away ha ha

--Napoleon XIV "They're Coming to Take Me Away"

TigerLily

Tomorrow it might be good to phone those stations. Imo stay super positive and say you're looking forward to Art and don't even mention Ashcraft and all the drama.

Does anybody feel like writing up a little script and post it here and on the From Art thread?

Leo is going nuclear, thanks a lot Keith. Piss off the affiliate asset , great idea.

CornyCrow

Quote from: GravitySucks on October 03, 2015, 05:21:51 PM
For all the bitchin, there sure was a big push to get the news included in the archives when the show first started with it being edited out... Just saying.

It was something that was unique.  Can I live without it? Yes.  Am I gonna miss it? Yes. Will I like it if Amy is the replacement? Probably.  Would I love it if they changed it to "All the news that is (Redacted)".  YES

In the grand scheme of things, no big deal.
Sure.  That only time that I heard Amy, I thought she was great.  I don't know how bright she is, but she sure had a more professional delivery, rather than acting 'cute' sometimes the way Leo did.  She also has a voice that is very easy to listen to, not shrill as some women's voices (that can be trained out of a person, if they take the time) or talking from the top of the head the way Leo did. 

This may turn out to be a very GOOD thing, making lemonade out of lemons. 

popple

Quote from: coaster on October 04, 2015, 02:40:27 PM

Art keeps him in a little cage under his desk and sprays him with a water bottle when he asks to be let out!

paladin1991

Quote from: lonevoice on October 04, 2015, 01:31:20 AM
By the Holy Halo of Hoagland's Hair it does grow tiresome.
So say we all.