• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

serenity

Quote from: FortRock on June 27, 2015, 12:15:47 PM
WELL HERE'S THE DEAL FROM THE PERSPECTIVE OF SCORPION ARMY INTELLIGENCE. THE FIELD MARSHALL
WILL BE READY TO BROADCAST CHINA, NORTH KOREA, AND THE MIDDLE EAST EXPERIENCING RADIATION
THERAPY FOR THEIR LITTLE CASE OF CANCER SOON! STOLEN CONSTRUCTED-UPON ISLANDS, HACKING, ISIS,
MAKING THREATS THEY CAN CARRY OUT! THIS WILL BE PART OF ART BELL'S WORLD. REMEMBER WHY ART
IS GLAD HE'S GETTING A SHORTWAVE PRESENCE, SO WE ALL GET OFF OUR GEORGE NOORY'S AND GET A WORLD
BAND SHORTWAVE RADIO. WHY, ART STILL CAN OPERATE IN THE 8MHZ. EMERGENCY BAND! THIS MIGHT JUST
BE YOUR ALTERNATIVE TO THIS TYPE OF RADIO STATION ON LONGWAVE!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7ltInN_bTA

You know I remember finding this station years ago. Weird stuff. The history is a good read. Check out uzb76 another good read.
Quick question, how many besides me remember air raid/nuke blast drills in school?

onan

Quote from: serenity on June 27, 2015, 05:03:59 PM
You know I remember finding this station years ago. Weird stuff. The history is a good read. Check out uzb76 another good read.
Quick question, how many besides me remember air raid/nuke blast drills in school?

*raises hand*

Morgus

Quote from: jazmunda on June 27, 2015, 04:25:28 AM
Don't you just love it when two people you like become friends.

Maybe Dr. Michio Kaku could blast Art Bell is returning images and videos to his thousands of followers? :D

coaster

I can't remember the last time this forum has been so slow. Was there a dork convention somewhere that I haven't heard about? You assholes didn't invite me? Shame on all of you.

chefist

Quote from: coaster on June 27, 2015, 06:39:30 PM
I can't remember the last time this forum has been so slow. Was there a dork convention somewhere that I haven't heard about? You assholes didn't invite me? Shame on all of you.

I hear ya...I got nothing today...maybe if I drink enough red wine I'll make a fool of myself later...stick around...

Mastodonkey

Two naked Mexicans just ran through my yard one carrying a tiki torch, the other carrying a firearm. They were giggling about something

coaster

Quote from: chefist on June 27, 2015, 06:42:28 PM
maybe if I drink enough red wine I'll make a fool of myself later...stick around...
good luck catching up with me. I did make a mistake today though. BBQ and drinking around noon and I have to go to a cancer relay walk in a few. It lasts until midnight. Thats gonna hurt. Glad someone stuck around though. Cheers to you Chefist.

coaster

Quote from: Mastodonkey on June 27, 2015, 07:00:49 PM
Two naked Mexicans just ran through my yard one carrying a tiki torch, the other carrying a firearm. They were giggling about something
no kidding. thats...something. hah.

chefist

Quote from: coaster on June 27, 2015, 07:02:11 PM
good luck catching up with me. I did make a mistake today though. BBQ and drinking around noon and I have to go to a cancer relay walk in a few. It lasts until midnight. Thats gonna hurt. Glad someone stuck around though. Cheers to you Chefist.

Good on ya for charity...bring a flask of your preferred poison!

pyewacket

Quote from: chefist on June 27, 2015, 06:42:28 PM
I hear ya...I got nothing today...maybe if I drink enough red wine I'll make a fool of myself later...stick around...

Let the drunken foolery begin!

Chefist- I'll bet you know how to cook those.  ;D

chefist

Quote from: pyewacket on June 27, 2015, 07:09:32 PM
Let the drunken foolery begin!

Chefist- I'll bet you know how to cook those.  ;D

Fresh water eel, yes! Never did a marine eel...interesting! Now I got that song in my head and Dean Martin...argh...

coaster

Quote from: chefist on June 27, 2015, 07:04:50 PM
Good on ya for charity...bring a flask of your preferred poison!
oh I do. gotta support the momma, ya know. shes been struggling for a decade now dealing with this cancer bs. these relay things used to go all night and end at 7 am. i just dont trust charities. I know that money isnt going where its supposed to go. I tell you what though, watching a couple thousand people who have cancer supporting each other, it kind of puts things into perspective. It takes the sting out of these bullshit day to day things that bother you that you think are important. It'll wake you up. You come out of them with a fresh outlook. I enjoy em.

chefist

Quote from: coaster on June 27, 2015, 07:14:12 PM
oh I do. gotta support the momma, ya know. shes been struggling for a decade now dealing with this cancer bs. these relay things used to go all night and end at 7 am. i just dont trust charities. I know that money isnt going where its supposed to go. I tell you what though, watching a couple thousand people who have cancer supporting each other, it kind of puts things into perspective. It takes the sting out of these bullshit day to day things that bother you that you think are important. It'll wake you up. You come out of them with a fresh outlook. I enjoy em.

Wow bless you guys! I bet that is an amazing experience! I did some cancer research back in school for my graduating thesis...it's a disease that put into perspective how little we know about genetics and cellular reproduction...very humbling...but there is an army of scientists working on it...just hope the non profit "administrators" don't pay themselves too much of a salary...

albrecht

Quote from: Mastodonkey on June 27, 2015, 07:00:49 PM
Maybe an impromptu celebration, in an odd conglomeration, of the recent Supreme Court ruling regarding "marriage", the 2nd Amendment, and Obama's Dreamer actions or open-border policy? Though the tiki torch is unexplained by my theory- maybe because Obama grew up there for a time? Bizarre scene indeed. Should be posted on youtube by now. They should be careful with tiki torches, notorious for spilling fuel if wielded about or running around with them.

stepsten

coaster

Quote from: chefist on June 27, 2015, 07:18:39 PM
Wow bless you guys! I bet that is an amazing experience! I did some cancer research back in school for my graduating thesis...it's a disease that put into perspective how little we know about genetics and cellular reproduction...very humbling...but there is an army of scientists working on it...just hope the non profit "administrators" don't pay themselves too much of a salary...
Each cancer is so different, the way it attacks the cells and all. Even if they found a cure, the FDA and co would never pass it. It would bankrupt the AMA. Thousands of doctors nation-wide would not be able to make their boat payments. Being sick is a very lucrative business, and a cure will die so fast.
Its heartbreaking watching a loved one go through it. My mother had breast cancer, and beat it. We first started the relays back then in 2005. She tripped and shattered her elbow at a relay walk. Ambulance took her to the hospital, and she came right back to finish the walk. Whats that say about being strong as hell? Then she was diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer two years ago that had spread to her kidneys. I am 33 years old. I wish I was half as strong as my folks. Evidently they have something to live for.
anywho, I'm rambling. I'm just really proud of her. 71 and kicking ass.

chefist

Quote from: coaster on June 27, 2015, 07:30:42 PM
I'm rambling. I'm just really proud of her. 71 and kicking ass.

You guys are troopers! I'm sure you enjoy each and every moment together! My mom was diagnosed with stage IV colon cancer XMas 2013 on a Tuesday...she passed that Sunday...it is an insidious and capricious disease...

Art Bell

I sure am tired of waiting for July 20th, I really do need a Time Machine.

Art

Jackstar

Quote from: Art Bell on June 27, 2015, 10:09:39 PM

Art

Do you ever listen to old shows of yours? As a lifestyle choice, I recommend it.

chefist

Art

Art...seems you are mentally prepared! What have you been doing to distract yourself while you wait?

eddie dean

Art

its a good opportunity for all of us to practice patience!
The 20th will be here before you know it!

coaster

Art
amen.

IcicleTrepan

Art

Makes me wish there was a version of this song.  On July 20th, Art's gon give it to ya.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkOJ9uNj9EY

sydtron

Happy field day Art!  Our club is running. PSK on 20 meters.

W9VMW. is the call.  40 meters phone also.  Gimme a frequency and well try to hit yah.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: chefist on June 27, 2015, 07:45:01 PM
My mom was diagnosed with stage IV colon cancer XMas 2013 on a Tuesday...she passed that Sunday...it is an insidious and capricious disease...

That's just insane.

chefist

Quote from: MV on June 27, 2015, 10:39:43 PM
That's just insane.

Other wordly, brother... I tell ya...and a story for Art this Halloween wrapped in it too...miss mom a lot...

PathoJen

Quote from: chefist on June 27, 2015, 07:45:01 PM
You guys are troopers! I'm sure you enjoy each and every moment together! My mom was diagnosed with stage IV colon cancer XMas 2013 on a Tuesday...she passed that Sunday...it is an insidious and capricious disease...
That's terrible chefist.

chefist

Quote from: PathoJen on June 27, 2015, 10:47:35 PM
That's terrible chefist.

It was hard...she had all 8 of us kids there...life really does pass in a blink...enjoy each moment!

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: coaster on June 27, 2015, 07:30:42 PM
Each cancer is so different, the way it attacks the cells and all. Even if they found a cure, the FDA and co would never pass it. It would bankrupt the AMA. Thousands of doctors nation-wide would not be able to make their boat payments. Being sick is a very lucrative business, and a cure will die so fast.

I actually think I found a specific example of this Coaster. I was watching the development of a drug called T-vec that uses viruses to infiltrate tumors and cause an immune response. It's now approved for melanoma where it has impressive, but not perfect results. However, the company that's developing it had a stage III trial going for head and neck squamous cell cancer where it cured 93% of the patients with the remaining 7% experiencing no further growth of their cancer. It was stunning. Then the stage III trial was terminated without much explanation and that was that.