• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Jackstar

Quote from: chinaclipper on June 20, 2015, 04:45:58 PM
Art, Keith,
can you tell us how the subscription numbers are doing on the first day?

sydtron

Quote from: MV on June 20, 2015, 02:09:08 PM
Jaz... please make a trailer letting everyone know they can make trailers. Thank you in advance.

https://youtu.be/X5kyczCzBUQ

Here you go... oh wait...  NEVERMIND!!  ;D

IcicleTrepan

There was an option to subscribe to the after midnight show but I don't know anything about it so I will wait for now.

albrecht

"The Day After Tomorrow" is on the Esquire Network in a few moments. And tomorrow also. As, I've mentioned before, I watch every time in hope some residuals find their way to Art and Whitley (though he laughed at that....) sign up or donate for the new show if you have Paypal accounts. The countdown has begun.....

Thirty Days!

It has the competition squirming in their red shirt, Star Trek boots!

Lets hope the competition keeps the guest poaching down to a minimum.

Jamal Abanane

Msg for Keith or anyone who feels like chiming-in:

I signed up for MITD, all good there...one thing - i had no option to create my username, it just "was"...an' i no likey it's default...can i change this plz, i dunno p. Me i could tell ya what id want

;)

Quote from: chinaclipper on June 20, 2015, 04:45:58 PM
Art, Keith,
can you tell us how the subscription numbers are doing on the first day?

Shhhhhhh ...   somebody is listening.

aldousburbank

Quote from: albrecht on June 20, 2015, 05:49:51 PM
"The Day After Tomorrow" is on the Esquire Network in a few moments. And tomorrow also.
So you're saying that the day after tomorrow is on today and tomorrow but not the day after tomorrow?

jazmunda

Quote from: aldousburbank on June 20, 2015, 07:15:55 PM
So you're saying that the day after tomorrow is on today and tomorrow but not the day after tomorrow?

Where I am tomorrow for me will be the day after tomorrow for you. I think. Pass the dubious.

jerry

holy hell... if that's true I'd say we're all fucked!   :o

No, he said the day after tomorrow will be on today and tomorrow.  He didn't say anything about the day after tomorrow.

Morgus

Quote from: jazmunda on June 20, 2015, 07:23:20 PM
Where I am tomorrow for me will be the day after tomorrow for you. I think. Pass the dubious.
You sound like you are a time traveler - always a day in the future? :D
Please send us all the winning lottery numbers for tomorrow...  8)

aldousburbank

Quote from: jazmunda on June 20, 2015, 07:23:20 PM
So the day after tomorrow is today for you and you're reading this yesterday for me but I'm writing it tomorrow for you right?

For Jaz today is tomorrow and tomorrow is the day after tomorrow but the day after tomorrow will be on yesterday.  Why do I always have to clear things up?

PathoJen

Quote from: morgana213 on June 20, 2015, 04:52:39 PM
I really enjoyed this PJ!  Thanks for sharing it!  :)
Thanks Morgana. :)

chefist

Hoagland is a non-factor...

weeberwubber

Quote from: wotr1 on June 20, 2015, 02:57:19 AM
I'm finding it interesting that there have been a couple of long term members who average 10 posts per year who have already signed up tonight.  I get the feeling that they may be buried under registrations in the next couple of days...

Will Keith tell us when they pass the 10 000 subscriber mark?

I'm in, and I doubt I got the average posts up to 10 :) I'm glad I read here though. Gotta say if someone is checking artbell.com it's hard to find mention of the subscription. Then they might click on the DMRN link and see "Join the Art Bell Time Travellers Here" button at the bottom but unless you're already in the know you don't know that's to subscribe to the program. I think it needs to be more obvious on the main pages, especially artbell.com. Or maybe it is and I'm missing it. 

weeberwubber

Quote from: Dateline on June 20, 2015, 03:55:41 PM
GNorry where is your contribution to the cause?

Show prep is a deductible expense afaik.

ge30542

Quote from: weeberwubber on June 20, 2015, 10:14:29 PM

I'm in, and I doubt I got the average posts up to 10 :) I'm glad I read here though. Gotta say if someone is checking artbell.com it's hard to find mention of the subscription. Then they might click on the DMRN link and see "Join the Art Bell Time Travellers Here" button at the bottom but unless you're already in the know you don't know that's to subscribe to the program. I think it needs to be more obvious on the main pages, especially artbell.com. Or maybe it is and I'm missing it.

No, I thought the same thing, it is difficult to stumble upon.

Art Bell

Ok, here is a report, of course I did not post a message till mid day or so but thus far about 575 have joined for the Podcast, not bad for the first day! Of course as we near July 20th we hope that number will grow and I am sure it will. I want to thank those of you who have put up your five bucks or better.

The deal is this, nobody knows what will happen July 20th, and I mean nobody. Of course the Blitz will help a great deal. Again if we start small it's fine by me. We will also have commercial content as you know as well as a couple of suprise things that you guy's are gonna love which I just can't spill the beans on.

We are hoping against hope that we can at least make this a break even or better operation. As long as the music license people don't hit us with a hammer at the end of the Year we should be ok. At least at this point it looks like we will meet our bandwidth costs.

We have truly put our blood and guts as well as our own money into this venture so knock on wood for us. Again I want to thank the whole bunch of you who have given so much support.

Art

aldousburbank

Quote from: Art Bell on June 20, 2015, 11:21:50 PM
Ok, here is a report, of course I did not post a message till mid day or so but thus far about 575 have joined for the Podcast, not bad for the first day! Of course as we near July 20th we hope that number will grow and I am sure it will. I want to thank those of you who have put up your five bucks or better.

The deal is this, nobody knows what will happen July 20th, and I mean nobody. Of course the Blitz will help a great deal. Again if we start small it's fine by me. We will also have commercial content as you know as well as a couple of suprise things that you guy's are gonna love which I just can't spill the beans on.

We are hoping against hope that we can at least make this a break even or better operation. As long as the music license people don't hit us with a hammer at the end of the Year we should be ok. At least at this point it looks like we will meet our bandwidth costs.

We have truly put our blood and guts as well as our own money into this venture so knock on wood for us. Again I want to thank the whole bunch of you who have given so much support.

Art
So cool!

... We are hoping against hope that we can at least make this a break even or better operation...

Do you have a sense of what that is? 

Heather Wade

Art

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeMFqkcPYcg

albrecht

Art
Onward Through the Fog! It will work out and it will be great. Thanks so much. I can't wait!! We will pay and also spread the word (ignore our petty comments, infighting, and nit-picking vis-a-vis Paypal etc. Ignore the DaveBots and disinfo agents.) That is the way of the internet message boards.

SciFiAuthor

Art

Best of luck, it's going to be glorious and I can't wait and I personally think you'll profit and perhaps even change the nature of the radio industry, but ask Keith to pay attention to the payment method issue. Two ways to enter a credit card number is better than one!

MV/Liberace!

575 on the first day is great. This thing is going to work out, I believe.

The General

...575 have joined for the Podcast, not bad for the first day! ...
Art

make that 576

Quote from: MV on June 20, 2015, 11:34:39 PM
575 on the first day is great. This thing is going to work out, I believe.

$2,875 + The General = $2,280 < not too shabby!

Wait, is it $5 or $5.99? If so, the total is $3,450.24