A Vulcan
97 (39.6%)
Hank's Japanese half-brother, "Junichero," in King of the Hill eps. 6ABE20-21  
57 (23.3%)
A stoner sufer named "Tracker," who mentored Sean Penn & Keanu Reeves
47 (19.2%)
Frankenstein's Monster
102 (41.6%)
One of those faces on the Sgt. Pepper album (2nd row from the top. Face #5)
66 (26.9%)

Total Members Voted: 245

CoastCanuck

Quote from: ItsOver on August 26, 2012, 06:41:46 PM
I didn't make it through to the end of Friday's doom-fest with Jumping Jones.  Wells didn't conclude with the song of the end times "UFO Phil," did he?  If not, I think I found something about him I like.
Wells has good taste in music, so he thankfully avoided that cheesy UFO Phil noise Friday night.  He said 'Aloha' at the end of Friday's show.

ItsOver

Thanks for the confirmation.  Maybe there's still hope.  ;)

ziznak

Quote from: VtaGeezer on August 26, 2012, 11:22:47 AM
Can anyone report on Black's interaction Wells?  I suspect he wouldn't suffer Wells' flat-earther bullshit very well.
He seemed to come off a bit surprised at Wells perpensity for assuming the worst when things first started.  After a while though I think he figured out what he was dealing with.

Quote from: CoastCanuck on August 26, 2012, 07:08:46 PM
Wells has good taste in music, so he thankfully avoided that cheesy UFO Phil noise Friday night.  He said 'Aloha' at the end of Friday's show.

Are you tone deaf? I'd sooner listen to the Yoko Ono portion of Double Fantasy than some of that crap John calls music.

So how'd you all enjoy the Alex Jones Show, I mean C2C A.M. with Johnny B. filling in on Friday and Saturday? Myself, I decided to just say no by listening to the Fine Art Stream instead. Art Bell at his worst is better than Alex Jones and his brother, Johnny B. -- tag-teaming in the realm of conspiracy theories. Don't forget to pick up your radiation detector. That's not to say I never listen to Alex Jones when I'm in the mood. It just isn't my cup of tea when I'm in the mood for what Coast used to be.

CoastCanuck

Can anyone report on Black's interaction Wells? 
My opinion is that Wells did fine interacting with Black, as well as interacting with the other 3 guests.  I heard at least 2 guests, one being Black, say 'That's a good question'.  Overall, the 'Spank the Bank' extravaganza was a great show, in my books.

Rasputin

Quote from: TheGrimCreeper1 on August 27, 2012, 12:32:45 PM
So how'd you all enjoy the Alex Jones Show, I mean C2C A.M. with Johnny B. filling in on Friday and Saturday? Myself, I decided to just say no by listening to the Fine Art Stream instead. Art Bell at his worst is better than Alex Jones and his brother, Johnny B. -- tag-teaming in the realm of conspiracy theories. Don't forget to pick up your radiation detector. That's not to say I never listen to Alex Jones when I'm in the mood. It just isn't my cup of tea when I'm in the mood for what Coast used to be.

Wells can be ok sometimes if the guest is good. That being said, I deleted Fridays show without listening to one single minute. AJ and Wells together must have been a laugh fest in tinfoil hat conspiracy BS.

b_dubb

i'd point out that if the government really had such a death grip on everyone that people wouldn't be able to buy 50,000 rounds of ammo, assault weapons and handguns and go on a killing spree.  but the conspiracy nuts would just insist that the rampaging lunatic was under the influence of mind control.  i live in a pretty rural area now and rarely see police or any other government authority (not county the air traffic from the nearby air force base).  that more closely resembles anarchy than anything else.  even when i lived in chapel hill, nc the police presence was pretty "light".  granted chapel hill is a "lefty/pc/nice-nice" town and no one wants to harsh anyone's mellow.  my experience is that (even when i lived near a town with lots of crime and violence) if you behave yourself you generally don't have to deal with a jack-booted-thug-in-a-uniform standing on your neck.  but then i'm white and solidly middle class

ShayP

Can anyone report on Black's interaction Wells?  I suspect he wouldn't suffer Wells' flat-earther bullshit very well.

I actually thought JBW was 'learning' from Mr. Black.  I thought it was a good interaction overall.

FYI: This article has seemed to roil John B Wells quite a bit on his Facebook page(s)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/rw-sanders/coast-to-coast-am_b_1829694.html

And this seems to be the real George who writes this comment:
QuoteWe will not venture into mainstream politics....90% of our shows are the same topics of the past, supernatural,ghosts, ufo's , conspiracies, alternative health, angels, demons and myths.

Now on Election night we will have psychics on with that coast to coast spin......that's about the ONLY time..Ill do anything close to a political show. But on that date our 560 stations expect that.

We will always broadcast the mysteries of the mind and universe....I do appreciate the comments and feedback.

George Noory
Host of Coast to CoastAM

Dare I say, not a stunning defense of John B. Wells.

So is there tension building ...?

ShayP

That article was generic.  I'm not sure what the fuss is.  At the end of the day I would take JBW over Noory 100% of the time.  The so called political issues regarding JBW are false.  Noory is a hypocrite.  Some politics will bleed into any issue or topic.  I think Georgie might feel threatened by JBW...maybe/

Jasmine

Quote from: ShayP on August 28, 2012, 03:59:10 PM
That article was generic.  I'm not sure what the fuss is.  At the end of the day I would take JBW over Noory 100% of the time.  The so called political issues regarding JBW are false.  Noory is a hypocrite.  Some politics will bleed into any issue or topic.  I think Georgie might feel threatened by JBW...maybe/

When I first heard John B. Wells, I didn't know what to quite make of the man. He didn't turn my crank, yet in hindsight I attribute that to my overall low opinion of C2C and Noory. For me,  Wells was, at the beginning, guilty by association. Over the course of time I've found myself warming up to him. I really enjoyed the Spanking the Bank show.

Rasputin

Not a bad show at all. I could learn to like him if he would stay the hell away from the conspiracy BS, and only cover that stuff once in awhile.

There is something to be said for what Wells is doing.
I know there has been tons of debate on this message board coupled with consternation about the whole issue..

But there seems to be something happening in my humble opinion. Wells is appealing to a more intense base of fans, one that Coast to Coast does not have when Noory hosts. Noory is fluff--Art Bell was NOT fluff, but Noory took Bell's shows and turned them into a cotton candy version of it all. Wells came in and swept that all away and created a brand new Saturday night show.. It will be interesting to see which version of Coast to Coast AM survives.

I also say this.. if a future exists where Wells is the main host, I think he will broaden the subject matter. I think he is feels he needs to get all of "his issues" in 52 shows a year, instead of the hundreds Noory can do... just a thought.

But I still keep reading this Noory response to the Huffington Post article and I feel that he is not 'well' with Wells. It almost seems to me that the 'ship's captain' is a little bitter. After all, think about it. He has been second rate to Art Bell even with Bell being gone as the host for years.. and now with Wells, only filling in Saturday slots, yet again he is second .. Wells get the attention with Alex Jones and banking spankings, while Noory is simply mocked  for not having an understanding of the subject matter that his shows cover. Bitterness perhaps is spiking in Coast land..

Scully

Never in a thousand years would I have expected to find myself on petulant George's side of the fence, but if there's a struggle going on between (even the semblance of) what Coast used to be and what Wells is desperately trying to make it into, I'll be yelling Yee-Haw if Noory comes out on top.

Having said that, I cringe to see "alternative health" included with ghosts and goblins as typical of past shows.  GN still sucks.  :P

If there is a struggle behind the microphone, I think it will make for very strange bed fellows amongst us all

11angeleyes11

Surely Coastland is a big enough territory for two different styles.  We are richer for diversity in opinion and style.  Each host brings his or her strengths and interests to the mike.  Maybe the Coast audience should be given diversity training?

Rasputin

Lets see where Wells takes us on Saturday. Hopefully, its not going to be more tinfoil stuff.

Corona Kitty

Wells is very much into politics, that's cool but he's a pretty good host when he isn't talking politics.

Quote from: Rasputin on August 30, 2012, 02:20:50 AM
Lets see where Wells takes us on Saturday. Hopefully, its not going to be more tinfoil stuff.
Luckily for Art, he became famous by never touching the tin foiltopics....... ::)

Rasputin

I don't mind a tinfoil topic here and there, but its getting old several times a week.

WOTR

I turned on the radio tonight and found about three seconds of dead air.  After that I heard a sharp inhalation followed by an exhalation and yet another pause.  I instantly knew who the host was but still left it on form some reason.  The station plays the very end of coast and then starts again from the beginning, so I got the last couple of minutes followed by the start of the program.  Did anybody else read between the lines of Well invoking Arts name as FU ART, we will continue to do as we wish?

I just have to add again that Wells is actually worse than Noory (and that really takes some effort on the part of the host.)

Scully

I fell asleep at the computer enjoying listening to Art's Somewhere In Time and woke up to Wells at the end of his 1st hour with political commentator Malcolm Out Loud.  Wells was growling about his political beliefs and doing his usual snarling about how people who don't like it can just stuff it (my sleepy translation).  He then suggested people have that "proper cup of tea" he so often touts and  went to break with a lengthy portion of "I Won't Back Down" by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers.

I read a lot into that, for what ever that's worth.  I think Wells' attitude is FU World.

elbee

Thankyou WOTR, wells IS WORSE than noory!

A hundred times worse!

Because at least noory went to radio school to learn about how to not make tons of DEAD AIR!

Wells SUCKS!

And he looks like such a CREEP

elbee

i just posted this on the creeps facebook page

Your worse than Noory Wells,

Dead Air much?!

Step down, let Art take back the saturday night mic.

Creator of the Noory Sucks page http://www.facebook.com/pages/George-Noory-Classics/134699459885538

Dont make me make one about you!

CoastGab.com

Zircon

If all of you stop listening then his ratings will go down, advertisers won't make their sales - he'll be gone. If you despise him so much then why torture yourself. Who is at fault here - the guy who you dislike or the person(s) who keep coming back for more?

Zircon

A stench fart, have you asked Art if he in fact wants to take over the mic once again? Has he expressed an interest?

John Smith

Roll-call!!! How-many of you have stopped listening to C2C altogether whenever JBW is a host?

*Raising hand*

Zircon

This ought to make all of you feel better ...

Deuter - Illumination

HorrorRetro

Quote from: John Smith on September 02, 2012, 09:56:32 AM
Roll-call!!! How-many of you have stopped listening to C2C altogether whenever JBW is a host?

*Raising hand*

I've stopped listening period.  I gave Wells a chance, but I can't handle the copious amounts of dead air, the false starts, the mumbles, the strings of '70's jive, the faux British accent, etc.  I refuse to waste my time on that.  My one exception is George Knapp.  I'll listen to him, but him only.