• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

Juan

I can’t wait to call and ask about what she did after Karen and Airyn left her on the porch.

AZZERAE

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on May 04, 2018, 01:44:17 PM
He was marveling about what nice people she had calling her.

He sounded like he was buttering her up and being subservient because he wants her to bring in numbers on his network down the line.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: Juan on May 04, 2018, 01:48:14 PM
I can’t wait to call and ask about what she did after Karen and Airyn left her on the porch.
I can't wait to hear that call. I bet it gets dumped before we get to hear it. I hope not though. Whoever asked the mistress question did it right. Be nice, then boom ask at the end.

albrecht

Quote from: ItsOver on May 04, 2018, 01:36:25 PM
I never cared much for rabbit, anyway.  Boiled, fried, or fricasseed. ;)

Maybe Albrecht has a good recipe.
http://www.tourmycountry.com/austria/hasenpfeffer.htm

Grifynne

Quote from: Azzerae on May 04, 2018, 01:48:26 PM
He sounded like he was buttering her up and being subservient because he wants her to bring in numbers on his network down the line.

That's a plan that couldn't possibly backfire. I wonder what was going through his head the whole time. *RING RING* "This bitch... ok, just think of the numbers, just think of the numbers, just think of the numbers."

ItsOver

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on May 04, 2018, 01:16:22 PM
You do realize in one of their last conversations Art told her she was every bit as good as he ever was, and that she is the embodiment of his legacy, right?
Man, Art.  I REALLY hope it was worth it.  :P

Roswells, Art

Quote from: Grifynne on May 04, 2018, 01:51:05 PM
That's a plan that couldn't possibly backfire. I wonder what was going through his head the whole time. *RING RING* "This bitch... ok, just think of the numbers, just think of the numbers, just think of the numbers."

We really should encourage Lasha to join the network.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: Grifynne on May 04, 2018, 01:51:05 PM
I think he was thinking how he could get in her pants. But I could be wrong. LOL

Quote from: ItsOver on May 04, 2018, 01:51:22 PM
Man, Art.  I REALLY hope it was worth it.  :P
I keep wondering what did she do that made her so appealing to Art?

K_Dubb

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on May 04, 2018, 01:33:15 PM
That, or now that he's dead she can make any claim about their conversations she wants

There are two kinds of skepticism: the kind which doubts everything people say and sees malefactors everywhere, and the kind which tries to credit people's basic humanity and harmonize conflicting or unbelievable accounts into a possibility of the truth based on motives and characters.  I don't find the first kind to be very compelling or intellectually rigorous.

Roswells, Art

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on May 04, 2018, 01:16:22 PM
You do realize in one of their last conversations Art told her she was every bit as good as he ever was, and that she is the embodiment of his legacy, right?

Remember how she got that out of him? By doing what she is doing on facebook, saying she isn't good enough and waiting for everyone to tell her that she is good. It's nauseating how many times she did that on facebook and that abortion of a show.

DynamoHum

Quote from: Juan on May 04, 2018, 01:48:14 PM

I cut and pasted that post back onto that thread and asked Lasha what exactly she meant by that comment seeing as HW’s explanation means that someone, somewhere is telling porkies, but funnily enough she hasn’t replied.

Grifynne

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 04, 2018, 01:52:16 PM
I think he was thinking how he could get in her pants. But I could be wrong. LOL

That would definitely be my second guess. Or maybe he thought putting up with that shitshow would turn into a 2-for-1 deal.

Rix Gins

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on May 04, 2018, 01:44:17 PM
He was marveling about what nice people she had calling her.

I'm probably reading more into it, but I kind of heard a little creeping doubt in that Joe dudes voice near the end of the show.  Like, what the fuck am I getting myself into here?  Most likely just wishful thinking on my part. 

chefist

It's the "cute bartender" principle...they have the same regulars year after year, simply because they give guys a little attention...then, they part those same men from their money...simple, but effective strategy.

Roswells, Art

Quote from: Rix Gins on May 04, 2018, 01:55:29 PM
I'm probably reading more into it, but I kind of heard a little creeping doubt in that Joe dudes voice near the end of the show.  Like, what the fuck am I getting myself into here?  Most likely just wishful thinking on my part.

I missed the end of the show. Did that happen after he was telling her, "If you turn around, we will be there" to help you.

AZZERAE

Anyone notice how Heather switched between fake sobbing and dictatorial when her chum Joe got lax with the calls? She's incredibly pushy and hard, she doesn't sound like a well adjusted individual in any way...maybe all the things she said are true...they all sound odd and she seems disingenuous, but perhaps the woman is just a fucking nutcase.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: K_Dubb on May 04, 2018, 01:53:01 PM
There are two kinds of skepticism: the kind which doubts everything people say and sees malefactors everywhere, and the kind which tries to credit people's basic humanity and harmonize conflicting or unbelievable accounts into a possibility of the truth based on motives and characters.  I don't find the first kind to be very compelling or intellectually rigorous.
Real question because I am interested in people that have opposite opinions of me. What makes you think he did say this to her?

Grifynne

Quote from: Rix Gins on May 04, 2018, 01:55:29 PM

I thought I saw someone else in this thread express the same sentiment (sorry whoever you are, can't remember lol). I hope you're right. I didn't notice that, but I only listened once and was overwhelmed by all the fuckery. Even afterward, I saw people mention one or two things that I think I missed. Not sure if I'll go back and listen again, though. Once was difficult enough - especially after that glorious intro.

If that guy has any sense, he will pick up on what's happening and untangle himself from the situation. I can't ever recall hearing a host be treated so poorly without taking control again, disconnecting, or doing something about it.

Quote from: K_Dubb on May 04, 2018, 01:53:01 PM

Or 3), it's case by case.  I think we have enough information here to see what kind of person we're dealing with

... I keep wondering what did she do that made her so appealing to Art?

Not at all.  They're very similar in many ways.  Not good ways

albrecht

Quote from: Azzerae on May 04, 2018, 01:57:00 PM
Anyone notice how Heather switched between fake sobbing and dictatorial when her chum Joe got lax with the calls? She's incredibly pushy and hard, she doesn't sound like a well adjusted individual in any way...maybe all the things she said are true...they all sound odd and she seems disingenuous, but perhaps the woman is just a fucking nutcase.
Also when the stream was still broadcasting but they thought they were off the air? Until someone alerted them that there were still broadcasting.

Grifynne

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on May 04, 2018, 02:00:51 PM
Or 3), it's case by case.  I think we have enough information here to see what kind of person we're dealing with

I agree. I think you have to look at the circumstances and history before making a decision. And in this case, there appears to be a long trail of red flags.

AZZERAE

I think he was thinking how he could get in her pants.

She's just not pretty. I mean, look at Airyn in comparison...Art went for cute girls, beautiful women, not dogs.

albrecht

Quote from: Azzerae on May 04, 2018, 02:02:10 PM
She's just not pretty. I mean, look at Airyn in comparison...Art went for cute girls, beautiful women, not dogs.
Art was an audiophile and she apparently had "phone sex" experience?

Rix Gins

Quote from: Roswells, Art on May 04, 2018, 01:56:54 PM
I missed the end of the show. Did that happen after he was telling her, "If you turn around, we will be there" to help you.

It may well have been.  I thought that remark came from one of her screened callers but am not sure.  I was so nauseated by the entire show that I can't bring myself to listen to it again to gain clarification.

AZZERAE

Quote from: albrecht on May 04, 2018, 02:02:06 PM
Also when the stream was still broadcasting but they thought they were off the air? Until someone alerted them that there were still broadcasting.

I didn't catch that part! But I did try my best to find it...is it on YouTube?

Juan

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 04, 2018, 01:50:07 PM
I can't wait to hear that call. I bet it gets dumped before we get to hear it. I hope not though. Whoever asked the mistress question did it right. Be nice, then boom ask at the end.
We’ve learned from the political shows how to be seminar callers.
“Dittos, Rush. I started listening to your show in my mother’s car as she drove me home from nursery school. I was proud to cast my first vote for George W. Bush, a great Christian and conservative. I just want to know why you and all fascist Republicans want to murder people by allowing them to own guns.”

ItsOver

I keep wondering what did she do that made her so appealing to Art?
I try not to think too much about the possible details.  :P

AZZERAE

Quote from: albrecht on May 04, 2018, 02:03:03 PM
Art was an audiophile and she apparently had "phone sex" experience?

Hmm, I personally find her voice tough to listen to, so I'm puzzled about what Art ever heard in her. I know about the phone sex gig she had before she took over, but none of it makes sense to me.