• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

MUFON's Own Armageddon may be near.

Started by Dyna-X, December 09, 2016, 02:33:29 PM

Dyna-X

Everything is not OK in UFOlogy if you don't drink MUFON's Kool-Aid.  I happened upon this interview last night, and think this is a must listen for all interested in UFOlogy, MUFON, the KGRA online network and paranormal radio in general.  The implications are serious if Lorien Fenton and Erica Lukes blow the whistle on MUFON, KGRA and a California based radio host that has allegedly stalked Erica Lukes. Make your own guesses in your mind on who this might be, but I'll bet  many out there can figure this out.  How can anything productive get done when we have a cesspool like this?

Both of them know MUFON needs major changes, and I would suggest it needs complete restructuring, new bylaws, and so forth. The Elaine Douglas revelations are just the tip of the iceberg.  I've already made my opinions known about KGRA going to the dogs.

The podcast is down the page.   The main part of the interview with Lukes by Lorien Fenton starts about ten minutes into this. If you feel moved by the spirits of the activism of these gals drop them a line of support :) The research needs to stop going down a black hole guarded by shadowy figures that green light crap programs like Hangar 1.

https://inceptionradionetwork.com/erica-lukes-ufo-classified/

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Dyna-X on December 09, 2016, 02:33:29 PM
Everything is not OK in UFOlogy if you don't drink MUFON's Kool-Aid.  I happened upon this interview last night, and think this is a must listen for all interested in UFOlogy, MUFON, the KGRA online network and paranormal radio in general.  The implications are serious if Lorien Fenton and Erica Lukes blow the whistle on MUFON, KGRA and a California based radio host that has allegedly stalked Erica Lukes. Make your own guesses in your mind on who this might be, but I'll bet  many out there can figure this out.  How can anything productive get done when we have a cesspool like this?

Both of them know MUFON needs major changes, and I would suggest it needs complete restructuring, new bylaws, and so forth. The Elaine Douglas revelations are just the tip of the iceberg.  I've already made my opinions known about KGRA going to the dogs.

The podcast is down the page.   The main part of the interview with Lukes by Lorien Fenton starts about ten minutes into this. If you feel moved by the spirits of the activism of these gals drop them a line of support :) The research needs to stop going down a black hole guarded by shadowy figures that green light crap programs like Hangar 1.

https://inceptionradionetwork.com/erica-lukes-ufo-classified/

MUFON is a joke.  A few years ago I spoke with one of their Ohio officers and he couldn't have spelled CAT if you spotted him the "a" and the "t".  I have yet to hear anyone associated with MUFON I'd trust to conduct a comprehensive, objective investigation of a UFO sighting.  And yes, "Hanger 1" is beyond laughable.

norland2424

Quote from: Uncle Duke on December 13, 2016, 06:38:18 PM
MUFON is a joke.  A few years ago I spoke with one of their Ohio officers and he couldn't have spelled CAT if you spotted him the "a" and the "t".  I have yet to hear anyone associated with MUFON I'd trust to conduct a comprehensive, objective investigation of a UFO sighting.  And yes, "Hanger 1" is beyond laughable.

whats your opinion on peter davenport ?

Uncle Duke

Quote from: norland2424 on December 13, 2016, 06:42:31 PM
whats your opinion on peter davenport ?

As long as Peter sticks to taking and cataloging UFO sightings as reported to him, I think he does a great service undertaking a thankless task.  In fact, I financially support his efforts.  Where Peter gets into trouble (and I have told him this personally) is when he goes off the deep end with some of his research and analysis.  Best example of this is the story he continues to tell about the US going to DEFCON 3 during the Phoenix Lights sighting.  That didn't happen, I know that for a fact. 

albrecht

Quote from: Uncle Duke on December 13, 2016, 07:04:45 PM
As long as Peter sticks to taking and cataloging UFO sightings as reported to him, I think he does a great service undertaking a thankless task.  In fact, I financially support his efforts.  Where Peter gets into trouble (and I have told him this personally) is when he goes off the deep end with some of his research and analysis.  Best example of this is the story he continues to tell about the US going to DEFCON 3 during the Phoenix Lights sighting.  That didn't happen, I know that for a fact.
Also, I can't cite specific names right now but it also has seemed to me that every MUFON guest is also involved in other areas of "research." "Well I started out ghost-hunting but then ran across bigfoot tracks but then I heard about the portal theory and decided that my next book should be about UFOs etc." They will on C2C etc with some new book on Haunted Ohio Portals or some such and it will be mentioned into their bio that they are a State Rep for MUFON etc. I like a nice tale as much as any other guy and actually love the crazy guests but don't buy their stories or theories and MUFON seems to be filled with woo-woo, new agey, and "experts" that "research" many different subjects- or try to connect everything unexplained or unidentified in one grand theory. They sometimes can be fun guests but I don't put any creedence in them.

I like Peter Davenport for, as you point out, just documenting "very interesting"  ;) reports from people and, for the most part, leaving speculations, interpetations, etc alone. I also like his idea for using existing cell phone and radio towers as some kind of passive radar system with civilian aircraft to identify UFOs', position, speed, occurance, etc.

DanTSX

Didn't Art's big bux benefactor, Bob Giggallow (La Quinta extended stay America / Bigelow's inflatable space stations ) buy up and pack away any meangingful research anyone ever did in the classic research organizations like Moofon?

How about filer's filers?

Lol @ Davenport "stop prank calling me you damn kids!!!!"