• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Other Side of Midnight - Richard C. Hoagland - Live Chat Thread

Started by cosmic hobo, June 24, 2015, 09:00:52 PM

GravitySucks

Quote from: albrecht on January 20, 2018, 11:39:07 PM
Great. Now the NSA, DIA, CIA n so many others etc and NASA listening!

Did you notice that Hoagie has had better luck getting shows out after they eliminated net neutrality?

comaphobe

i am using the most uncompatible phone imaginable. all of the available browsers suck absolute shit except for the native one. developers abandoned long ago. i only use still because battery lasts me 7-10 days if i dont use 4G or wifi. it is the dumbest phone. i bet obamaphones were better.

albrecht

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 20, 2018, 11:44:48 PM
Did you notice that Hoagie has had better luck getting shows out after they eliminated net neutrality?
A third-party, post-dated check goes a lot longer now. Gov't shutdown at clearance helps also?

comaphobe

Quote from: albrecht on January 20, 2018, 11:39:07 PM
Great. Now the NSA, DIA, CIA n so many others etc and NASA listening!

plus the NBA, CBS, RCA, NWA, and all of MLB...

is it just me or did the stream go silent? i'm getting nothing.

crankshaft

Well, last night, I lost my bet.

I'd placed a bet earlier which was 19.5 platinum internets that RCH would fail to claw his way up onto the air. But then quite suddenly and miraculously, RCH managed to defy the odds and claw his way back up and onto the air. I lost 19.5 platinum internets in less than five minutes. I was shocked.

Earlier, I was primed and ready to roll with or without RCH. But my loss of the 19.5 platniun internets irritated me. So I did what any sane person would do and brewed a large pot of very strong and coffee-like coffee.

Initially, I thought that I would listen to RCH show despite my loss but I soon became distracted.

It had started to snow outside and the snowflakes were so interesting and diverse that I spent some time shining my flashlight upon them and watching them as they descended. I captured some of them on my sleeves to inspect them more closely. My microscope was in the garage and I debated whether to set it up or not. I decided not to. Then I went back inside and checked email. After awhile, I ran across some cat videos on the internet. All along, I had the feeling in the back of my mind that I should at least check on the RCH show... but one thing led to another and before I knew it, the RCH show was over.

My question is: DID I MISS ANYTHING?

astroguy

I missed it and assumed I'd download it later and listen at 1.5x speed.  HOWEVER, it appears as though Richard has realized Blogtalk posts full episodes.  Everything for the last month is now edited to 1 hour.  Last night's isn't up.

albrecht

Quote from: astroguy on January 21, 2018, 01:13:57 PM
I missed it and assumed I'd download it later and listen at 1.5x speed.  HOWEVER, it appears as though Richard has realized Blogtalk posts full episodes.  Everything for the last month is now edited to 1 hour.  Last night's isn't up.
I was able to d/l the whole show, haven't listened though.
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/tosom/2018/01/21/blowing-americas-mind-a-true-story-of-princeton-cia-mind-control-lsd-zen

albrecht

Quote from: astroguy on January 21, 2018, 01:37:02 PM
Thanks!  From the main site, it's not there: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/tosom
RCH is trying to figure out BTR, apparently. By the way sometimes it is fun to refresh oneself on how his publisher, or former publisher, views RCH (the misspellings are not mine:)

"Likewise, Hoagland adapted his spiel and expanded and revised the book to meet his captive market.  After beginning as Mr. NASA, Esquire, over two decades he morphed into a David Bowie-like creature increasingly more prophetic and New Age, even loony.  The Richard Hoagland we met in 1985 was a scientistic skeptic of astrology and astral realms of any design or ilk, plus he knew about them.  He was a science groupie.  The made-over Richard Hoagland lectured regularly at Whole Life Expos, discussing the denizens of other dimensions, paraphysical energies, UFOs, and 600,000-year-old Nazi tanks frozen in archaeo-time, rolling across Mars just where NASA happened to bounce-land one of its cameras.  It has gotten to the point where I can’t tell if current stuff circulating widely on the Internety about life forms and fossilized humanoids on Mars is for real or a parody of Hoagland."

https://www.richardgrossinger.com/2010/03/the-north-atlantic-books-list-2-categories/

astroguy

Hoagland's titles are almost as bad as the headlines for The Daily Mail.  ::)

crankshaft

Did RCH ever manage to figure out how to turn the comments back on on the *ahem* 'website'?

How long has he had comments disabled?

I used to visit the 'website' just to guffaw at the comments.It's not worth the bandwidth to me to visit it as long as the comments are disabled. 

albrecht

Is BTR running any scripts for coin mining or something because it SURE slows down the poor ol' laptop.

Morgus

Uh-oh, Hoagie's audio stream went silent a couple minutes ago...

crankshaft

I have dead air. He's still streaming but it's dead air. Unless my connection is faulty...

He was just about to talk about the Ancient Great Pyramid in Antarctica and TPTB took him out...

Morgus

Quote from: crankshaft on January 21, 2018, 11:27:44 PM
I have dead air. He's still streaming but it's dead air. Unless my connection is faulty...
Yep comments on the blogtalk page are saying the same thing now.

The show streamed fine when Hoagie's paramour was talking; then, pfffft, when it came time to talk Antarctic Pyramid Conspiracies.

What's a reasonable OSOM listener to conclude?

crankshaft

lol he must have found be close to the right wire. I heard a snippet of audio...

Just posted::
QuoteNOTE: BLOGTALK DROPPED...TRYING TO GET BACK ON...WE ARE RECORDING AND CAN GET THE SHOW UP TOMORROW IF NOT TONIGHT!

Why is BLOGTALK trying to silence Hoagland ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vd79mpzBnJ4

crankshaft

Well, whatever is going on, he's still broadcasting dead air. And that tells me that BTR is still working, and that the fault must lie on the RCH side. He just can't manage to get his data to BTR.

I used to find it odd that RCH is the only one with such problems on a routine basis. I've grown used to it; It's RCH that's odd.

It's almost time for George Knapp anyway...

Morgus

Well its all over for tonight, at the blogtalk page it now shows this message from Hoagie:

QuoteAPOLOGIES...DEAR FRIENDS...WE HAVE BEEN BLOCKED FROM ENTERING BLOGTALK! WE ARE RESCHEDULING FOR NEXT SATURDAY JAN. 27. HAVE YOU NOTICED...OBVIOUSLY WE'VE BEEN HACKED AGAIN!...WE HAVE 3 TECHNICAL EXPERTS...ALL LOCKED OUT... IF YOU DON'T THINK THIS SHOW IS IMPORTANT...ASK YOURSELF WHY IS THIS THE ONLY SHOW THAT REPEATEDLY GETS HACKED WHEN WE HAVE CONTROVERSIAL MATERIAL. THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES !

Maybe if he used a real streaming provider instead of blogtalk?  8)