• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Random stupid things on your mind. Post them.

Started by timpate, September 20, 2010, 07:56:24 PM

Silent

I've been wondering what happened to Onan.  Did someone scare him away?

The General

Quote from: Silent on December 20, 2011, 09:09:35 AM
I've been wondering the same thing.

Silent

http://www.cnn.com/2011/12/19/health/north-korea-mass-grieving/index.html?hpt=hp_c1

This year the entire population of North Korea should recieve an Oscar.  Get these people in Hollywood!

MV/Liberace!

he sent me a note recently.  he's been busy with family stuff.

CoastCanuck

Quote from: Silent on December 20, 2011, 09:40:29 AM
This year the entire population of North Korea should recieve an Oscar.  Get these people in Hollywood!
Agreed, or maybe they should be awarded the Razzies!

MV/Liberace!

i want to recommend a product.

back in 2004, i bought a leatherman multi use tool.  last week i decided that the joint holding the two halves together had become just slightly looser than i was willing to tolerate, so i asked them if i could send it in under the 25 year warranty.  they said yes, and today i received a new, next generation tool at absolutely no charge (less the $6 shipping i paid to send the old one in).  i really recommend these guys if you want to buy a multi purpose tool (blade, screwdriver, etc.).  nobody else touches their product's quality, and they totally lived up to the warranty.  the tool costs about $50, but you absolutely get what you're paying for.

this is what they sent me as a replacement.

Vatar

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on December 20, 2011, 07:47:20 PM

Leatherman has always been really good about their warranties.  You may also want to check out Victorinox multi tools they have a lifetime warranty and are made from high quality stainless steel.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Vatar on December 21, 2011, 08:56:51 AM
Leatherman has always been really good about their warranties.  You may also want to check out Victorinox multi tools they have a lifetime warranty and are made from high quality stainless steel.

never heard of victorinox.  perhaps i'll check them out.

b_dubb

victorinox ... that's the Swiss Army Knife people right?

Vatar

Quote from: b_dubb on December 21, 2011, 09:39:36 PM
victorinox ... that's the Swiss Army Knife people right?

Yeah they make something called the swisstool and the swisstool spirit.  Both the tools are heavy duty and lifetime guaranteed.

Frys Girl

Bla bla bla. What about Bob? Such a good movie. Same with Madagascar.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Frys Girl on December 21, 2011, 10:14:17 PM
Bla bla bla. What about Bob? Such a good movie. Same with Madagascar.

pile it high and deep.

aldousburbank

I don't think the dude gets scared.

aldousburbank

A scary road sign along Interstate 40 in Northern Arizona.

aldousburbank

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on December 20, 2011, 07:47:20 PM
i want to recommend a product.

...nobody else touches their product's quality, and they totally lived up to the warranty.  the tool costs about $50, but you absolutely get what you're paying for.

This reminds me of Cutco knives and accessories.  Hawked by hungry college students and the like, the quality and lifetime warranty are outstanding.  I would buy more if someone showed up at my door with them.

b_dubb

http://howto.cnet.com/8301-11310_39-57347183-285/block-ads-with-adblock-plus/?tag=rb_content;main

AdBlock Plus will strip all the bs ads out of the web pages you visit.  pages will load much faster.  of course you won't want to use that when you visit coastgab.  the ads here are truly excellent, filled with vitamins and minerals.  everything a growing coastgabber might need for whatever it is that we do when we aren't posting

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on November 14, 2011, 12:53:34 PM
godaddy has such a slow, crappy, bloated site.  i'm thinking about switching to a new domain registrar.  also, i'm not crazy about the company's founder who shoots elephants.  never had much use for a man who could shoot an elephant.

and here's yet ANOTHER reason to hate godaddy.  i want to move my domains away from them.  i hate godaddy.  does anyone have suggestions as to where i should go?

MV/Liberace!

i am transferring all of my domain names away from godaddy tomorrow because of this.  i recommend you do the same.

Avi

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on December 25, 2011, 11:37:10 AM

and here's yet ANOTHER reason to hate godaddy.  i want to move my domains away from them.  i hate godaddy.  does anyone have suggestions as to where i should go?

My wife uses Jodohost for her engineering domains. She has been very pleased with their service.

http://www.jodohost.com/

I use Bluehost for my musical domains, and have no complaints:

http://www.bluehost.com/

But if you want a real powerhouse (managed hosting), who will do all the work for you, there's always Rackspace:

http://www.rackspace.com/

b_dubb

i've used rackspace before. they're excellent.  i was less impressed with media temple

Frys Girl

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on December 29, 2011, 12:29:28 AM
i am transferring all of my domain names away from godaddy tomorrow because of this.  i recommend you do the same.
Good going. Screw SOPA.

The General

Been working on a project that I've been meaning to start for a long time.  So, for your enjoyment...

http://facesofjesus.tumblr.com/

I'm not christian, but I'm not anti Jesus either.  I like Jesus fine, but sometimes you wonder what people were thinking when they came up with some of their depictions of Jesus.   Everywhere you go there's another picture of Jesus.  And they get crazier and crazier.  So I decided to start cataloging and naming them.  Let me know what you think.

Do not go to the above link if you are easily offended by sacrilegious humor.

Eddie Coyle

The Jesus picture in my house looks like Barry Gibb circa 1977.

The General

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on December 29, 2011, 11:12:16 PM
    The Jesus picture in my house looks like Barry Gibb circa 1977.
Feel free to send in your submissions.

punkinpie

Quote from: The General on December 29, 2011, 11:19:31 PM
Feel free to send in your submissions.

My personal favorite is the Axl Rose Rock N Roll Jesus

MV/Liberace!

lol, you're right about the classic jesus, or "grandma's jesus."  my grandma had one hanging in her room that looked almost exactly like that.

The General

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on December 30, 2011, 12:30:05 AM
lol... "cup of sugar jesus"

haha
Glad you enjoyed it. 
Do a google image search for Jesus and you get over 100 million results.  It would not be possible for me to run out of material.  I post a few more each day.  A  man needs a hobby.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: The General on December 30, 2011, 12:40:33 AM
Glad you enjoyed it. 
Do a google image search for Jesus and you get over 100 million results.  It would not be possible for me to run out of material.  I post a few more each day.  A  man needs a hobby.

Just don't ever do one of that "Moe Hamid" fella.