• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

President Donald J. Trump

Started by The General, February 11, 2011, 01:33:34 AM

Kidnostad3

[/quote author=NowhereInTime link=topic=12522.msg1319458#msg1319458 date=1553718911]
sigh. 

We don't actually do lynchings.  Guillotine, maybe, but not hanging, tar & feathering, or burning.  Smollett is another example of the power of celebrity to obtain the kind of "justice" the rest of us can not.

Sure, his case stinks, but the truth is the Cook County DA couldn't hang it on him because "come on!" does not rebut reasonable doubt.

Want to feel outrage? 

[/quote]

Whether or not reasonable doubt exists is something for a jury of Smollett's peers to determine.  Prosecutors don't indict on the basis of the absence of reasonable doubt but on whether the preponderance of evidence indicates that a crime was committed by the accused.  The prevailing consensus, even among the most fervent race baiters and sold-out leftist talking heads, is that the evidence against Smollett is overwhelming and that he is eminently indictable.  But, thanks to Chicago's deeply rooted and notoriously corrupt Democrat political machine, he is now engaged in a full court press to vindicate himself by taking Bill Clinton's advice to deny, deny, deny at every opportunity.  As was/is the case with Slick Willy and his woebegone wife who was cheated out of the Presidency by a vast international conspiracy, sadly  he will succeed in convincing a considerable portion of the the leftist mob that they can't believe their lying eyes or even if they can, what he did was okay under the unbearable circumstances he was forced to endure with respect to his remuneration. (Fuck yeah!  When it comes to pay anything goes.)

While you pay lip service to the obvious injustice of it all,  you leave out the part where one of Obama's dedicated loyalist, Michelle's former chief of staff,  reached out on behalf of her ex boss to influence an already sympathetic prosecutor not to indict her one-time tango partner.  Being the smarmy leftist that she has to be to rise in Chicago politics and despite her claim to have recused herself, Kim Foxx dutifully set her staff about the task of digging up legal precedent to legitimize her letting Smollett off the hook.  Even after this failed to produce anything helpful in the way of legal precedent she declared with righteous certainty that the case against Jossie does not warrant further prosecution. She then unrecused herself and proceeded to exercise her unquestionably biased and political motivated prosecutorial discretion to not indict which has come to be known to as the "The Ole Comey Dipsy Doodle."

The above bears repeating because, while you say the whole thing "stinks," you imply that the case against Smollett is weak and fail to acknowledge the key role of the Obama insurgency in this perversion of the justice system and betrayal of law enforcement.  Moreover, while no less a leftist apologist than Rahm Emanuel vehemently decries this outrage, you attempt to downplay its significance by saying in so many words "yeah, ain't it awful, but how about this other case."  What stinks to high heaven is the left writ large's complicity in the unequal application of justice, granting of favor for personal enrichment/political gain and unhesitating use of lies and fraudulent claims against those who oppose its criminal abuse of power.

SpaceMeowMaid

https://twitter.com/catturd2/status/1111422844615819271

It was really awesome!!! I was a little shocked, but I am proud of him for letting it fly. So funny. Now I have to get this ringtone :)

Jackstar

Quote from: Flyingmerkitty on March 28, 2019, 09:22:16 PM
Now I have to get this ringtone :)

Is this it? I feel like this isn't the first time he's used this word on camera. We need a montage! 'Cuz we ain't tryin' ta watch the whole damn thing now!

SpaceMeowMaid

No. LOL I missed that one. This was today at his Michigan Rally.

SpaceMeowMaid

[attachment=1]

He was amazing today. He announced the Great Lakes Restoration Project is getting a ton of funding!!! Super exciting. The lakes were once pristine and beautiful and then the corporations came in and killed everything.

ItsOver

It was really awesome!!! I was a little shocked, but I am proud of him for letting it fly. So funny. Now I have to get this ringtone :)
It's a beautiful thing. 😁

Kidnostad3

Yup, no bullshit. 

NowhereInTime

QuoteWhether or not reasonable doubt exists is something for a jury of Smollett's peers to determine.  Prosecutors don't indict on the basis of the absence of reasonable doubt but on whether the preponderance of evidence indicates that a crime was committed by the accused.  The prevailing consensus, even among the most fervent race baiters and sold-out leftist talking heads, is that the evidence against Smollett is overwhelming and that he is eminently indictable.  But, thanks to Chicago's deeply rooted and notoriously corrupt Democrat political machine, he is now engaged in a full court press to vindicate himself by taking Bill Clinton's advice to deny, deny, deny at every opportunity.  As was/is the case with Slick Willy and his woebegone wife who was cheated out of the Presidency by a vast international conspiracy, sadly  he will succeed in convincing a considerable portion of the the leftist mob that they can't believe their lying eyes or even if they can, what he did was okay under the unbearable circumstances he was forced to endure with respect to his remuneration. (Fuck yeah!  When it comes to pay anything goes.)

1) I agree with almost everything you say here.

2) Hillary was cheated by an international conspiracy.  Even Barr's little primer acknowledges the legitimacy of Mueller's indictments for 13 GRU operatives.

She lost because she is an appalling, galling, triangulating conniver (like her husband) who was too lazy to work the campaign.

3) Chicago is indeed a corrupt little burg, much like Charlotte, Charleston, Tuscaloosa, Dallas, and Tallahassee.  That's the nature of cities and "local control".  Its why we have to have a Federal system.

4) Last time I checked, Jussie Smollett wasn't occupying the Oval Office.  Nor has he declared any intent to so do, although I suspect the notoriety may compel him the same way it drives the Tiny Handed Tyrant.  "Make America an Empire Again?"  Too much for a hat?

QuoteWhile you pay lip service to the obvious injustice of it all,  you leave out the part where one of Obama's dedicated loyalist, Michelle's former chief of staff,  reached out on behalf of her ex boss to influence an already sympathetic prosecutor not to indict her one-time tango partner.  Being the smarmy leftist that she has to be to rise in Chicago politics and despite her claim to have recused herself, Kim Foxx dutifully set her staff about the task of digging up legal precedent to legitimize her letting Smollett off the hook.  Even after this failed to produce anything helpful in the way of legal precedent she declared with righteous certainty that the case against Jossie does not warrant further prosecution. She then unrecused herself and proceeded to exercise her unquestionably biased and political motivated prosecutorial discretion to not indict which has come to be known to as the "The Ole Comey Dipsy Doodle."

And?

It never ceases to amaze me how bent you cons get when a black person, any black person, somehow "gets by" the scornful wrath of you indignation.  Did he leak classified information to the Russians?  No.  Did he recklessly abandon the Iran Nuclear Treaty?  No.  Did he require the use of coal at federally funded power plants? No.  Did he confiscate all of the transcripts & notes of his translator to hide his dealings with the Shirtless Colonel?

What did he allegedly (and probably) do?  Stage a "hate crime" to selfishly promote an acting career.  Oh, how will our nation recover?!?

And nobody calls it the "Ole Comey Dipsy Doodle".  On the left we despise his clumsy lumbering into the campaign with October Surprise that wasn't.  We could probably call it the "Ole Comey Double Dipsy Doodle", but we have far too much respect for ourselves.

QuoteThe above bears repeating because, while you say the whole thing "stinks," you imply that the case against Smollett is weak and fail to acknowledge the key role of the Obama insurgency in this perversion of the justice system and betrayal of law enforcement.

No, its because I couldn't care less.  Smollett did what any "true conservative" does and served his own interests.  No impact on domestic policy, foreign policy, economic policy whatsoever, unlike the Orange Toddler stomping around our nation's Capitol.

QuoteMoreover, while no less a leftist apologist than Rahm Emanuel vehemently decries this outrage, you attempt to downplay its significance by saying in so many words "yeah, ain't it awful, but how about this other case."  What stinks to high heaven is the left writ large's complicity in the unequal application of justice, granting of favor for personal enrichment/political gain and unhesitating use of lies and fraudulent claims against those who oppose its criminal abuse of power.

I do downplay its significance because you're trying launch some lame ass moral equivalency between a nobody actor and the Fraudster-In-Chief.

No, what "stinks" is how much credence and leverage you on the right are trying to gain from a minor public figure engaging in fraud to promote his own career. 

Say, who does that remind you of?

NowhereInTime

Quote from: Flyingmerkitty on March 28, 2019, 09:47:18 PM
[attachment=1,msg1319702]

He was amazing today. He announced the Great Lakes Restoration Project is getting a ton of funding!!! Super exciting. The lakes were once pristine and beautiful and then the corporations came in and killed everything.

That's a hell of a perp walk Don di Do-nothing's got working there!

Jackstar

Quote from: NowhereInTime on March 29, 2019, 11:23:32 AM
Hillary was cheated by an international conspiracy.

Conspiracies, by definition, involve activities that are either unlawful or harmful. Shutting down that lying hellspawn whore counts as neither.

What did he allegedly (and probably) do?  Stage a "hate crime" to selfishly promote an acting career.  Oh, how will our nation recover?!?

And now, here you are, actually defending an actual conspiracy. Do you literally have Down's, or what?

Kidnostad3

1) I agree with almost everything you say here.

2) Hillary was cheated by an international conspiracy.  Even Barr's little primer acknowledges the legitimacy of Mueller's indictments for 13 GRU operatives.

She lost because she is an appalling, galling, triangulating conniver (like her husband) who was too lazy to work the campaign.

3) Chicago is indeed a corrupt little burg, much like Charlotte, Charleston, Tuscaloosa, Dallas, and Tallahassee.  That's the nature of cities and "local control".  Its why we have to have a Federal system.

4) Last time I checked, Jussie Smollett wasn't occupying the Oval Office.  Nor has he declared any intent to so do, although I suspect the notoriety may compel him the same way it drives the Tiny Handed Tyrant.  "Make America an Empire Again?"  Too much for a hat?

And?

It never ceases to amaze me how bent you cons get when a black person, any black person, somehow "gets by" the scornful wrath of you indignation.  Did he leak classified information to the Russians?  No.  Did he recklessly abandon the Iran Nuclear Treaty?  No.  Did he require the use of coal at federally funded power plants? No.  Did he confiscate all of the transcripts & notes of his translator to hide his dealings with the Shirtless Colonel?

And nobody calls it the "Ole Comey Dipsy Doodle".  On the left we despise his clumsy lumbering into the campaign with October Surprise that wasn't.  We could probably call it the "Ole Comey Double Dipsy Doodle", but we have far too much respect for ourselves.

No, its because I couldn't care less.  Smollett did what any "true conservative" does and served his own interests.  No impact on domestic policy, foreign policy, economic policy whatsoever, unlike the Orange Toddler stomping around our nation's Capitol.

I do downplay its significance because you're trying launch some lame ass moral equivalency between a nobody actor and the Fraudster-In-Chief.

No, what "stinks" is how much credence and leverage you on the right are trying to gain from a minor public figure engaging in fraud to promote his own career. 

Say, who does that remind you of?

More mínimalizing deflecting, rationalizing, and, to use a recently popularized and highly accurate description of all that has been falsely claimed about Trump by you and your fellow chapped-ass, malice-driven liberal losers, total "BULLSHIT."  I guess the fact that even those who appeared before TV cameras and solemnly assured Americans that irrefutable evidence exists that Trump is guilty of any number of treasonable acts are now stumbling over themselves retreating from what they knew was a goddam lye but hoped was true.   At the same time those in the news media who are the least bit honest and have any sense of decency are now engaged in post-Mueller-Report introspection and examination of their industry to understand how they got it so wrong.  Yet you persist.

Clearly you have not gotten the word but according to Pelosi, Schumer, Shifff, et al, that while he may not be guilty of the crimes that they told us he was with metaphysical certainty, he's still a very bad man who they plan to investigate until he is no longer in office.  Ya gotta be proud.

P.S.  Nobody starts a sentence with "Say" anymore.  Now it's "So..." 

P.P.S.  You are obviously old enough to remember Watergate.  Do you remember how fast that unraveled?  Trust me, they Democrat Party is sinking by the stern and the rats are getting nervous.

Kidnostad3

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on March 29, 2019, 04:23:36 PM

More mínimalizing deflecting, rationalizing, and, to use a recently popularized and highly accurate description of all that has been falsely claimed about Trump by you and your fellow chapped-ass, malice-driven liberal losers, total "BULLSHIT."  I guess the fact that even those who appeared before TV cameras and solemnly assured Americans that irrefutable evidence exists that Trump is guilty of any number of treasonous acts are now stumbling over themselves retreating from what they always knew was a goddam lie but were hoping would turn out to be true.  What's more, John Brennan is now saying that he's cool with Mueller's findings and allows as how he might have received bad information.   At the same time those in the news media who are the least bit honest and have any sense of decency are now engaged in post-Mueller-Report introspection and examination of their industry to understand how they got it so wrong.  Yet you persist.

Clearly you have not gotten the word but according to Pelosi, Schumer, Shifff, et al, that while he may not be guilty of the crimes that they told us he was with metaphysical certainty, he's still a very bad man who they plan to investigate until he is no longer in office.  Ya gotta be proud.

P.S.  Nobody starts a sentence with "Say" anymore.  Now it's "So..." 

P.P.S.  You are obviously old enough to remember Watergate.  Do you remember how fast that unraveled?  Trust me, the Democrat Party is sinking by the stern and the rats are getting nervous.

I left out a key point that I've added above in bold.  Below article pertains. 

Rand Paul: Former Obama CIA chief promoted ‘dossier,’ demands investigation of Obama team

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/washington-secrets/rand-paul-former-obama-cia-chief-promoted-dossier-demands-investigation-of-obama-team

albrecht

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on March 29, 2019, 06:20:50 PM
I left out a key point that I've added above in bold.  Below article also pertains. 

Rand Paul: Former Obama CIA chief promoted ‘dossier,’ demands investigation of Obama team

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/washington-secrets/rand-paul-former-obama-cia-chief-promoted-dossier-demands-investigation-of-obama-team
They also should hire a few independent auditors- hey spread the wealth around, right- to audit and release to the public all the expenses, broken down by person, involved with the Mueller, and other, investigations. I think a lot of Clinton/Obama operatives expensed a lot of nice travel, dinners, flights, and what-not during the years of the conspiracy investigation.  Maybe clawback from these people for any meal or accommodation above a very basic standard, show that there was attempt to price competitively, and no booze or entertainment was paid for by the taxpayers. 28 U.S.C. § 591 is ridiculous. Something called "permanent, indefinite appropriation" should not be a thing in our government.

These reports are, basically, worthless. Should be more informative on WHO was doing what and WHERE the money was going. 

https://www.justice.gov/sco/statements-expenditures

Dr. MD MD

So, the Mueller report says that president Trump isn’t guilty of any crimes...but he’s not exonerated (innocent) either. What the fuck, Chuck?! Is this like being a little bit pregnant? He’s either guilty or innocent. Just more double speak from the the ministry of truth.  ::)

NowhereInTime

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on March 29, 2019, 04:23:36 PM

More mínimalizing deflecting, rationalizing,

No, just not accepting your premise that Jussie Smollett Fraud = Donald Trump Fraud, Treason, Sexual Assault, etc., etc....

Quoteand, to use a recently popularized and highly accurate description of all that has been falsely claimed about Trump by you and your fellow chapped-ass, malice-driven liberal losers, total "BULLSHIT."

No greater bullshitter than Donald J. Trump.  Perhaps you'd like to spend $35,000 to "attend" Trump University?

QuoteI guess the fact that even those who appeared before TV cameras and solemnly assured Americans that irrefutable evidence exists that Trump is guilty of any number of treasonable acts are now stumbling over themselves retreating from what they knew was a goddam lye but hoped was true.

Well, at least until the entire Mueller Report is released, un-((Redacted)). (sorry, had to do it)

QuoteAt the same time those in the news media who are the least bit honest and have any sense of decency are now engaged in post-Mueller-Report introspection and examination of their industry to understand how they got it so wrong.  Yet you persist.

Got what wrong, exactly?  That Trump didn't call for Russia to get Hillary's ever-precious emails?  That Trump didn't tell Lester Holt he fired Comey because of "the whole Trump-Russi-er, Russi-er-Trump" thing?  That Don Jr didn't in fact meet with Russian agents in Trump Tower to gain intel on HRC?  That Manafort didn't give polling data and campaign updates (at least) to Oleg Deripaska?  That Roger Stone wasn't in contact with Wikileaks about Podesta's hacked e-mail account?

You guys keep thinking this is exoneration, but that was specifically refuted by his own handpicked AG.  And I don't know what news you're watching besides Fox "News" but everyone is calling for the full report release.  Hold off on the Chicken Inventory...

QuoteClearly you have not gotten the word but according to Pelosi, Schumer, Shifff, et al, that while he may not be guilty of the crimes that they told us he was with metaphysical certainty, he's still a very bad man who they plan to investigate until he is no longer in office.  Ya gotta be proud.

I am.  Truth be told, I am confident that long after I am dead declassified documents will be released confirming a quid-pro-quo arrangement regarding Trump Tower Moscow and these mysterious Deutsche Bank loans that were concurrent with Russian money laundering.  Much like Nixon's active collusion with the South Vietnamese government to reject the Johnson Administration's peace initiatives were only just released, Trump's chicanery will be tut-tutted in 40 years when he will be naught but a pile of orange dust.

QuoteP.S.  Nobody starts a sentence with "Say" anymore.  Now it's "So..."

Few things irritate me more than starting a sentence with "Soooo...." 

QuoteP.P.S.  You are obviously old enough to remember Watergate.  Do you remember how fast that unraveled?  Trust me, they Democrat Party is sinking by the stern and the rats are getting nervous.

Watergate unraveled all right, but for your team, not mine.

If you look back to media at the time, the same kind of bluster & self-righteous swagger was on display by the Nixon administration, calling for the firing of Woodward & Bernstein and demanding apologies.

The difference is that Republicans back then had the decency to tell the President it was over.  Now they circle around and deny, deny, deny (having "learned from their mistakes")per RoyCohn's tutelage. In the end Trump will have company (Manafort's already inside.  Stone will join him, and Devin Nunes will wind up on the rock pile, too).

NowhereInTime

Quote from: albrecht on March 29, 2019, 06:44:28 PM
They also should hire a few independent auditors- hey spread the wealth around, right- to audit and release to the public all the expenses, broken down by person, involved with the Mueller, and other, investigations. I think a lot of Clinton/Obama operatives expensed a lot of nice travel, dinners, flights, and what-not during the years of the conspiracy investigation.  Maybe clawback from these people for any meal or accommodation above a very basic standard, show that there was attempt to price competitively, and no booze or entertainment was paid for by the taxpayers. 28 U.S.C. § 591 is ridiculous. Something called "permanent, indefinite appropriation" should not be a thing in our government.

Yes, that'll be $37.29, please.

QuoteThese reports are, basically, worthless. Should be more informative on WHO was doing what and WHERE the money was going. 

https://www.justice.gov/sco/statements-expenditures

You mean like the money going from Russia to Deustche Bank to the Great Trumpkin?

albrecht

Quote from: NowhereInTime on March 30, 2019, 08:43:00 AM

You mean like the money going from Russia to Deustche Bank to the Great Trumpkin?
US tax-payer dollars involved? Then I would be troubled. But whatever financial shenanigans, Ackermann, or DB does is not my concern when done on foreign soil or banks. Especially after the proof of no collusion, crimes, etc by Trump after years of investigations, and cost, and the entire Democrat's media constantly proclaiming it. But the costs of investigations by Clinton/Obama operatives, and some others, used US tax-payer money and so should be audited and explained to the public, in detail, as should any government expense. How many meals, booze, flights, etc expenses and by whom, especially as they realized there was nothing there but have an unlimited budget and time?  There also needs to be more prosecutions and investigations into the sourcing of the faked memo, the r"andom" meeting between Clinton and Lynch, the use of government equipment and agencies for personal and political use, all of the breaches in security with regard to Clinton's server and communications, and the Clinton Foundation. Among others.

ps: As a side not: interestingly they had free postcards in the newspaper when Ackermann became head of DB. Welcoming him and informing folks of his status. One of the strangest thing I've seen and wondered "WTF." Sure he is a very "connected" personality and, at the time, Germans took great pride in DB, but still I thought it was odd. Why would a person want to send a friend or family member an announcement that there is a new head of DB? And, even then, how many people are still sending postcards.

Kidnostad3

The onus is on the DOJ to eliminate the two tier justice system that protects the rich, famous or politically influential that it has fostered the growth of in recent years culminating in the nolle prosegui of Hilliary.   In order to regain the trust and respect that it has lost, it must deal appropriately with the criminal acts committed by persons in the Obama Aministration for which there is ample evidence and settle accounts with regard to all of the crimes committed by Hilliary and her co-conspiritors when she was a private citizen including her attempt to cover up those crimes by setting up Donald Trump for investigation and ultimately for impeachment.  I am confident that such a course will be pursued as long as Trump remains in office which, owing to Democrat Dumb and gross malfeasance in office, is likely to be for the next 6 years. 

https://youtu.be/j4KM4PuMf4o

Kidnostad3

Quote from: NowhereInTime on March 30, 2019, 08:43:00 AM

Got proof?

Kidnostad3

FOR THE BENEFIT OF THE OBLIVIOUS OR WILLINGLY IGNORANT (This means you NIT):

https://youtu.be/C-PnxkcA2HU

Kidnostad3

Quote from: albrecht on March 30, 2019, 11:34:28 AM
US tax-payer dollars involved? Then I would be troubled. But whatever financial shenanigans, Ackermann, or DB does is not my concern when done on foreign soil or banks. Especially after the proof of no collusion, crimes, etc by Trump after years of investigations, and cost, and the entire Democrat's media constantly proclaiming it. But the costs of investigations by Clinton/Obama operatives, and some others, used US tax-payer money and so should be audited and explained to the public, in detail, as should any government expense. How many meals, booze, flights, etc expenses and by whom, especially as they realized there was nothing there but have an unlimited budget and time?  There also needs to be more prosecutions and investigations into the sourcing of the faked memo, the r"andom" meeting between Clinton and Lynch, the use of government equipment and agencies for personal and political use, all of the breaches in security with regard to Clinton's server and communications, and the Clinton Foundation. Among others.

ps: As a side not: interestingly they had free postcards in the newspaper when Ackermann became head of DB. Welcoming him and informing folks of his status. One of the strangest thing I've seen and wondered "WTF." Sure he is a very "connected" personality and, at the time, Germans took great pride in DB, but still I thought it was odd. Why would a person want to send a friend or family member an announcement that there is a new head of DB? And, even then, how many people are still sending postcards.

An effort should be made to recoup at least some of the cost of investigations by fines awarded to the perpetrators of this fraud against the American people. 

ItsOver

Quote from: albrecht on March 30, 2019, 11:34:28 AM
...the r"andom" meeting between Clinton and Lynch, the use of government equipment and agencies for personal and political use, all of the breaches in security with regard to Clinton's server and communications, and the Clinton Foundation. Among others...
Come on, we all know that meeting between Slick and Loretta was just to discuss the grandkids.  OK, OK, maybe Loretta passed a cookie recipe on to Slick to share with Hillary.

WOTR

You seem to miss that what Smollett did is not the point. Yes, he did what a "true conservative" (or anybody else- yes, including the hard core leftists) would do if they could. He didn't go to jail. Good for him.

The point is NOT what he did. He is supposed to act in his own self interest. It is what those in power, those running the judicial system did. It is the damage that has been done to any illusion of the idea that the populace has that justice is blind and cannot be bought or influenced. Now, most people already will concede that a high priced lawyer can buy you (in)justice. But that was not even necessary in this case. Just a phone call to a well connected friend.

Don't get me wrong- I am already cynical enough that this comes as no surprise. The fines that people now pay when they crash the economy and steal is an indication that justice no longer is for the rich.

However, to dismiss this because "republicans would do it" is intellectually lazy and dangerous. It is becoming obvious to even the most casual observer that lady justice took her blindfold off decades ago- and this is just another symptom / example.*

*Don't bother telling me that the same thing happens where rich, white repbulicans get off. I know that. But I don't defend it and say that "they are just doing what any true democrat would do."

WOTR

I may as well leave this here. It makes me happy.

"...according to a new Ipsos poll, conducted exclusively for Global News, which found that Trudeau’s approval rating (40 per cent) has now slipped below Trump’s (43 per cent),"

Finally that arrogant jackass is being exposed. And even the party faithful are staring to question the great feminist leading this nation to ruin.

https://globalnews.ca/news/5103763/trudeau-approval-rating-snc-lavalin-budget/

albrecht

Quote from: WOTR on March 30, 2019, 02:33:00 PM
You seem to miss that what Smollett did is not the point. Yes, he did what a "true conservative" (or anybody else- yes, including the hard core leftists) would do if they could. He didn't go to jail. Good for him.

The point is NOT what he did. He is supposed to act in his own self interest. It is what those in power, those running the judicial system did. It is the damage that has been done to any illusion of the idea that the populace has that justice is blind and cannot be bought or influenced. Now, most people already will concede that a high priced lawyer can buy you (in)justice. But that was not even necessary in this case. Just a phone call to a well connected friend.

Don't get me wrong- I am already cynical enough that this comes as no surprise. The fines that people now pay when they crash the economy and steal is an indication that justice no longer is for the rich.

However, to dismiss this because "republicans would do it" is intellectually lazy and dangerous. It is becoming obvious to even the most casual observer that lady justice took her blindfold off decades ago- and this is just another symptom / example.*

*Don't bother telling me that the same thing happens where rich, white repbulicans get off. I know that. But I don't defend it and say that "they are just doing what any true democrat would do."

Maybe deserves its own thread? These mobsters politicians never seem to learn. Don't conduct "business" on the telephone or computer but only via cut-out men and face-to-face, ideally in a place like a pool or sauna where people are wearing even limited clothes and where water/steam would interfere with recording equipment.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-47754185

WOTR

Quote from: albrecht on March 30, 2019, 02:43:08 PM

Maybe deserves its own thread? These mobsters politicians never seem to learn. Don't conduct "business" on the telephone or computer but only via cut-out men and face-to-face, ideally in a place like a pool or sauna where people are wearing even limited clothes and where water/steam would interfere with recording equipment.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-47754185
I was considering starting a thread for this. I will be honest- I am very unhappy to see that there was a tape that came out at this time. It is too early.

I have been watching this and thinking that it might present an opportunity to rid the country of the Liberal party for a few years (they would be back just as they were after their last scandal.) Most of the popularity of the party was based on Trudeau (probably more than the stupid policies.) People left their homes last election to elect Justin- not unrestricted immigration and never ending debt.

This scandal has caused his brand to suffer. But I have been watching and I kept wondering why she was holding on and wanting to remain a Liberal. With the release of this tape, I think I finally have my answer. It is her path direct to the prime minister's office. And she will get it, if it plays out as I'm starting to think it will.

She has now made it almost certain that they will lose their leader in the coming weeks. An election is planned for October. This will leave very little time for that party to elect a new leader- and who better to elect than the woman who has been in the news as a shining example of incorruptibility for a party that is suffering corruption charges? Who better than the woman who has been making news for the last 6 months and who most Canadian's are familiar with? Most politicians don't have any personal morals- they may not like her- but they will recognize that their only hope of building up that nice gold plated pension for holding their office through another election is to crown her leader.

And while the Liberals are poised to lose the election if it were held tomorrow- it will give her 6 months. She will tell us that she risked her career because she is a woman of principals. She will tell us that she remained in the Liberal party because she believes in their "Canadian" morals and it was only "one bad egg"- and she got rid of him. And the Canadian public will be happy to rally around our first (elected) female prime minister.*

And this country will slide further into debt with open boarders and a dim economic future. I hope I'm wrong. But I'm starting to read their playbook.

*Look up Kim Campbell if you want. But she was not elected to the office.

SpaceMeowMaid

Quote from: NowhereInTime on March 29, 2019, 11:24:27 AM
That's a hell of a perp walk Don di Do-nothing's got working there!
I am unclear whether you are No Where or Now Here and either way time is an illusion. As is your knowledge of our legal system and our wonderful President. Not to mention the fact that that is obviously the Running Man. Geez learn your Hip Hop terms!  [attachment=1]

chefist

A logical and sensible conversation with Donald Noory? Why bother?

PS. Notice it didn't answer. 😋

SpaceMeowMaid

Oh ya, and for the hater that says he hasn't accomplished anything:

[attachment=1]

And there will be plenty more to come. Hold onto your hat! It's about to get really exciting!!!

Kidnostad3

Yeah, what he said!