• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Sports Kneelers

Started by Zenman, September 24, 2017, 02:09:25 AM

albrecht

Quote from: =Schlyder= on February 12, 2018, 01:07:27 PM
http://dailycaller.com/2018/02/12/reuben-foster-arrested-domestic-violence/?utm_source=site-share

LOL.
Ha. They are such role models for our young men, especially those in the inner city.
A poster boy for the BLM kneelers arrested for domestic violence, illegal firearm, and drugs- classic.

Kidnostad3

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on February 12, 2018, 04:55:58 PM
That has zero to do with the government, and thus isn't a First Amendment issue.  No one ever said the government should step in and put a stop to it, but people did express their opinions that the teams and league should.

I guess what a lot of people don't get is people have a right to express their own opinions about what other protesters say and do.

Dilly, Dilly!

albrecht

NFL bans kneeling  during anthem but players who don't like the country can stay in locker room if they wish.http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/23582533/nfl-owners-approve-new-national-anthem-policy

Metron2267

Quote from: =Schlyder= on February 12, 2018, 01:07:27 PM
http://dailycaller.com/2018/02/12/reuben-foster-arrested-domestic-violence/?utm_source=site-share

LOL.

Huh...

https://sportsnaut.com/2018/05/reuben-foster-ex-girlfriend-testifies-he-never-hit-me-it-was-all-a-money-scheme/
Elissa Ennis, the ex-girlfriend of San Francisco 49ers linebacker Reuben Foster, was in court Thursday testifying that her initial accusations against him were lies.

Her testimony is quite eye-opening. Here are some of the highlights.

The next morning, Ennis said she was cooking breakfast for Foster and his live-in friend, DeAndre Austin. That’s when Foster said he wanted to break up with her. “I can’t do this anymore,” Foster said, according to Ennis, who cried remembering this on the stand…

â€" David Lombardi (@LombardiHimself) May 17, 2018

She also told the court that Foster did not hit her once, and that she actually hit him with a clothes hanger.

Reuben Foster’s accuser just gave extensive testimony, says he did not hit her once and actually she struck him with hanger.
“I was threatening Reuben. … that I was going to f*** up his career”
Called 911 3x because “I wanted to be extra. I wanted him to go down. I was pissed”

â€" Cam Inman (@CamInman) May 17, 2018

She went on to say, “I told him I’m going to f*** your s*** up and make sure you don’t have a job tomorrow,” per Cam Inman of the Bay Area News Group.

paladin1991

Quote from: albrecht on May 23, 2018, 11:43:54 AM
NFL bans kneeling  during anthem but players who don't like the country can stay in locker room if they wish.http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/23582533/nfl-owners-approve-new-national-anthem-policy

Is football still a thing?  Short of High School football, haven't watched or attended a game since 2016.

Metron2267

Quote from: Zetaspeak on November 21, 2017, 10:10:54 PM

The statements made on our earnings call were describing the factors that impact our business and we sincerely apologize to anyone that thought they were divisive. That definitely was not our intention. (1/3) We believe in the right to protest inequality and support the players’ movement to create a new platform for change.  We also believe together, as Americans, we should honor our anthem. There is a way to do both. (2/3) We will work with the players and league to find a positive way forward. Open to ideas from all. Except neo-Nazi (middle finger emoticon) those guys. (3/3)

Tweet statement Nov 14 Stockprice 59.28. Tonight it closed at 57.58

It's called going sideways...

The "Trump effect"was nil to a daily blip:

https://www.marketwatch.com/investing/stock/pzza
Papa John's International Inc.

OPEN
Last Updated: May 23, 2018 at 1:50 p.m. EDT
Real time quote
$52.11
52 WEEK RANGE
50.31 - 85.20
% OF FLOAT SHORTED 27.86%
PERFORMANCE
YTD   
-7.18%
1 Year   
-34.47%
ANALYST RATINGS
HOLD

Papa John's International Inc. PZZA, +1.72% shares slid 3.8% in Wednesday premarket trading after the pizza chain reported first-quarter earnings and sales that missed expectations. Net income was $16.7 million, or 50 cents per share, down from $28.4 million, or 77 cents per share, for the same period last year. Revenue was $427.4 million, down from $449.3 million last year. The FactSet consensus was for EPS of 62 cents and sales of $442 million. North American same-store sales fell 5.3%, deeper than the FactSet consensus for a 4.1% decline, and international same-store sales increased 0.3%.

Metron2267

Quote from: Lord Grantham on February 05, 2018, 01:32:23 PM
Here's an article from 2013 about players not going to these photo ops. Including that thug Larry Bird.

http://theweek.com/articles/460872/18-athletes-who-refused-visit-white-house

"Bird and others from the 1984 Celtics turned down the chance to visit President Reagan for unspecified reasons, with Bird later quipping, "If the president wants to see me, he knows where to find me."

No wonder he was known as "the big hick from French Lick"...

Wotta turd. >:(

Metron2267

Quote from: albrecht on May 23, 2018, 11:43:54 AM

In a statement accompanying the announcement, Goodell said the league wanted to eliminate criticism that suggested the protests were unpatriotic.

"It was unfortunate that on-field protests created a false perception among many that thousands of NFL players were unpatriotic," Goodell said. "This is not and was never the case."

BULLSHIT!

That twat Goodell is a well paid owner's whore and his perception of what constitutes "patriotism" at any given time can be instantly revised with his latest bloated paycheck.

The "Not For Long" ain't getting my money for their "Sunday Ticket" scam or any other incidental swag.

I buy my 'statement clothing' at:

https://gadsdenandculpeper.com

OooRah!

USA! USA! USA!

Quote from: Metron2267 on May 23, 2018, 12:03:01 PM
In a statement accompanying the announcement, Goodell said the league wanted to eliminate criticism that suggested the protests were unpatriotic.

"It was unfortunate that on-field protests created a false perception among many that thousands of NFL players were unpatriotic," Goodell said. "This is not and was never the case."...

Yes, where would anyone get the idea that disrespecting the flag or anthem is unpatriotic?  Only the Libs, forever demanding to know if we are questioning their patriotism when they are shown to be undermining the country, would be unclear on this. 

I suggest it's unpatriotic to watch or attend NFL games until Roger (who names a kid Roger anyway?) Goodell and the kneeling players are no longer associated with the league.

Metron2267

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on May 23, 2018, 08:03:53 PM
Yes, where would anyone get the idea that disrespecting the flag or anthem is unpatriotic?

Yes, I can not imagine how that happened... :o

QuoteOnly the Libs, forever demanding to know if we are questioning their patriotism when they are shown to be undermining the country, would be unclear on this. 

I suggest it's unpatriotic to watch or attend NFL games until Roger (who names a kid Roger anyway?) Goodell and the kneeling players are no longer associated with the league.

Amen.

Odd isn't it that guys who play a team sport have no idea what it means to be part of the team known as America!

One of the smarter ones let the cat out of the bag:  Eagle's Chris Long tweeted that the owner's move isn't about patriotism, it's about ''fear of a diminishing bottom line''.  In other words the players should be able to drive away customers at no cost to themselves.  This was confirmed today when other players are said to be scheming on ways to get around the new rules just to stick it to the owners.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2018/05/eagles-chris-long-nfl-anthem-policy-president-donald-trump 

It amazes me these players insist on telling us how patriotic they are, and it isn't about the flag or the anthem.  This is the same Alinsky tactic the Left uses when they insist all their riots are ''peaceful''. 

Of course that makes sense when we find out Kaperpumpernickel's girlfriend is an unrepentant outspoken BLM thug.  He certainly trashed the country when he was still in the league and asked about why he was doing it. 

I'm glad the NFL players are continuing this.  I've long since stopped watching sports on TV and going to games, and would love to see the NFL, NBA, MLB, and NHL collapse. 

paladin1991

Kneelers should be kneecapped. 

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: paladin1991 on May 25, 2018, 12:42:31 AM
Kneelers should be kneecapped.

Along with all the corrupt FBI agents...and that's most of them, apparently.

paladin1991

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on May 25, 2018, 12:46:35 AM
Along with all the corrupt FBI agents...and that's most of them, apparently.

Thanks for being  so quick seek me out and stalk me across the threads this evening.  Troll.  Faggot.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: paladin1991 on May 25, 2018, 12:59:00 AM
Thanks for being  so quick seek me out and stalk me across the threads this evening.  Troll.  Faggot.

So hurtful! I guess it's just your FBI nature.  :-\

ACE of CLUBS

Why so much 'Obama-hate' ..... ?
Oddly enough, he was elected by you folks.

I don't follow the story about the NFL kneelers, but I understand that professional sports players are doing it in response to perceived police brutality, mainly against black Americans. Now, Trump has called them unpatriotic and the NFL Corporation has banned the behavior.

As someone who couldn't care less and who sincerely hopes both teams business franchises lose whenever there is a game, I have a couple of observations. First, isn't protest what America was about? Protest is democratic, right? It lets the voice of the common man be heard. So, why the backlash?

Second, AFIK, the NFL is a privately owned business, a private enterprise. The owners can make up whatever rules they want. If the owners don't like kneelers, it is within their rights to fine them or fire them and blacklist them.

I can't stand to watch it. I'd rather be outside playing my own sports and having fun.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Renegade Smurf on May 25, 2018, 07:37:33 AM
I don't follow the story about the NFL kneelers, but I understand that professional sports players are doing it in response to perceived police brutality, mainly against black Americans. Now, Trump has called them unpatriotic and the NFL Corporation has banned the behavior.

As someone who couldn't care less and who sincerely hopes both teams business franchises lose whenever there is a game, I have a couple of observations. First, isn't protest what America was about? Protest is democratic, right? It lets the voice of the common man be heard. So, why the backlash?

Second, AFIK, the NFL is a privately owned business, a private enterprise. The owners can make up whatever rules they want. If the owners don't like kneelers, it is within their rights to fine them or fire them and blacklist them.

I can't stand to watch it. I'd rather be outside playing my own sports and having fun.

You are way behind. All of the actual protests took place almost a year ago. You do realize the NFL is substantially funded by local, state and federal governments. The NFL is tax-exempt because of its non-profit status. The military pays them to support and showcase veterans at the events and buys advertising during the games not counting things like the color guard and aircraft flyovers.

The initial protest was supposedly about police violence and that included one protester. Colin Kaperknick. He opted out of his contract with the 49ers and was not picked up by any other team in spite of his feelings that he was a superstar that everyone should pay 75-100 millions for. The protests last fall were in support of him. The guy that could have had a $28 million contract but refused to sign his option. He still hasn’t been signed and the NFL lost a LOT of money last year because the fans got sick and tired of the prima donnas pulling their shit while beating their wives and girlfriends, assaulting police officers when they are caught driving drunk and even committing homicide.

Metron2267

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on May 24, 2018, 01:01:42 PM
One of the smarter ones let the cat out of the bag:  Eagle's Chris Long tweeted that the owner's move isn't about patriotism, it's about ''fear of a diminishing bottom line''.  In other words the players should be able to drive away customers at no cost to themselves.  This was confirmed today when other players are said to be scheming on ways to get around the new rules just to stick it to the owners.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2018/05/eagles-chris-long-nfl-anthem-policy-president-donald-trump 

And this is why they will never get my $$ for their NFL Sunday Ticket con job....never!

Metron2267

Quote from: ACE of CLUBS on May 25, 2018, 05:43:40 AM
Why so much 'Obama-hate' ..... ?

Because he was CPUSA's Trojan horse, duh....

QuoteOddly enough, he was elected by you folks.

So wtf does it matter to you then, Canucklehead?

Tend your own frozen garden and fuck off out of ours, eh!

Metron2267

Quote from: Renegade Smurf on May 25, 2018, 07:37:33 AM

Are you brain dead or just horribly misinformed?

It's a private business.

You do NOT get to mouth off or act out at work.

Got it traitor?

They want to protest, they have Twitter and Foolsbook to shelter their disrespect for our nation,.

QuoteSecond, AFIK, the NFL is a privately owned business, a private enterprise. The owners can make up whatever rules they want. If the owners don't like kneelers, it is within their rights to fine them or fire them and blacklist them.

OH FUCK YES!!!!!!!

QuoteI can't stand to watch it. I'd rather be outside playing my own sports and having fun.

So why the FUCK did you just offer a tacit defense of their childish acting out?

Metron2267

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 25, 2018, 07:56:27 AM
You are way behind. All of the actual protests took place almost a year ago.

Well no fucking duh man!

This isn't the regular season now is it?

Wow.

QuoteYou do realize the NFL is substantially funded by local, state and federal governments. The NFL is tax-exempt because of its non-profit status. The military pays them to support and showcase veterans at the events and buys advertising during the games not counting things like the color guard and aircraft flyovers.

Yes and so fucking what!

They're also whores for the car manufacturers and beer brewers....so????

Does their choice of funding somehow make them subject to workplace terrorism?

And that's what it is and was.

QuoteThe initial protest was supposedly about police violence and that included one protester. Colin Kaperknick. He opted out of his contract with the 49ers and was not picked up by any other team in spite of his feelings that he was a superstar that everyone should pay 75-100 millions for.

Locker room cancers do NOT get paid or retained - period.

QuoteThe protests last fall were in support of him. The guy that could have had a $28 million contract but refused to sign his option. He still hasn’t been signed and the NFL lost a LOT of money last year because the fans got sick and tired of the prima donnas pulling their shit while beating their wives and girlfriends, assaulting police officers when they are caught driving drunk and even committing homicide.

Precisely!

Quote from: Metron2267 on May 25, 2018, 09:02:54 AM
Are you brain dead or just horribly misinformed?
So why the FUCK did you just offer a tacit defense of their childish acting out?
Because I am or was conflicted. I pretty much agree with you. A headline yesterday about fines being imposed on teams caught my attention. Other than that, I have completely ignored the issue since it began. The last NFL game I watched was when the kneeling started.

I should clarify my tacit defense of the protestors - free speech and the right to protest are important American rights. Having said that, it is clear that kneeling during the National Anthem at your job, as a professional athlete, is not a protected form of speech or protest. NFL and the teams are businesses. (If the wikipedia article on the NFL is reliable, the NFL gave up its tax-exempt status in 2015)

As businesses, the owners can fire and blacklist anybody they want. If the kneelers are out of line and alienating the public, the kneelers can be fired.

IMO, kneeling for however many years fails as a form of protest. It loses its shock value and does nothing but anger the public. Furthermore, I fail to see why somebody who earns 150,000,000 per year or whatever it is can't create some kind of organisation that can bring attention to his cause in a more appropriate way. Facebook would only be the beginning. How about something that helps the peopel in the neighborhoods where high crime and police brutality happens?

Metron2267

Quote from: Renegade Smurf on May 25, 2018, 09:40:40 AM
Because I am or was conflicted. I pretty much agree with you. A headline yesterday about fines being imposed on teams caught my attention. Other than that, I have completely ignored the issue since it began. The last NFL game I watched was when the kneeling started.

I should clarify my tacit defense of the protestors - free speech and the right to protest are important American rights. Having said that, it is clear that kneeling during the National Anthem at your job, as a professional athlete, is not a protected form of speech or protest. NFL and the teams are businesses. (If the wikipedia article on the NFL is reliable, the NFL gave up its tax-exempt status in 2015)

As businesses, the owners can fire and blacklist anybody they want. If the kneelers are out of line and alienating the public, the kneelers can be fired.

IMO, kneeling for however many years fails as a form of protest. It loses its shock value and does nothing but anger the public. Furthermore, I fail to see why somebody who earns 150,000,000 per year or whatever it is can't create some kind of organisation that can bring attention to his cause in a more appropriate way. Facebook would only be the beginning. How about something that helps the peopel in the neighborhoods where high crime and police brutality happens?

YES!

Their fame is not constrained to several minutes before a game.

That was lazy, sloppy, self-gratifying millennial miscreance.

They want results with NO effort.

You want social justice kids, then fucking WORK for it like MLK did.

Maybe even surrender your own lives to all those slavering gun-crazy conservatives whom you fear and loathe...

Oh, you mean cons don't play the fascism game as well as you social censors do?

Well alrighty then!

ACE of CLUBS

Quote from: Metron2267 on May 25, 2018, 08:59:56 AM
Because he was CPUSA's Trojan horse, duh....

So wtf does it matter to you then, Canucklehead?

Tend your own frozen garden and fuck off out of ours, eh!

A sensitive Bubba ..... easily triggered.
Jump on your 'rolling carnival' motorcycle and go 'play the role' ....
Bet you're good at it ........
Joke's on you dummy.

Metron2267

Quote from: ACE of CLUBS on May 25, 2018, 09:59:33 AM
A sensitive Bubba ..... easily triggered.

A low national self esteem little brother, easily ready to blame the US for any and every thing.

QuoteJump on your 'rolling carnival' motorcycle and go 'play the role' ....

The YZ?

Uh ok...

QuoteBet you're good at it ........
Joke's on you dummy.

Canucks have no national pride at all.

Fly a Bombardier up Trudumb's anus and revel in the comfy confines of geopolitical irrelevance, hoser.

ACE of CLUBS

Are you and Dr. Dumb Dumb the same 'seething homosexual cuck' .... ?
Commenting on your Trumpanzee is somewhat amusing to the rest of the world.
The world chuckles .....  ;D

Metron2267

Quote from: ACE of CLUBS on May 25, 2018, 11:21:24 AM
Are you and Dr. Dumb Dumb the same 'seething homosexual cuck' .... ?
Commenting on your Trumpanzee is somewhat amusing to the rest of the world.
The world chuckles .....  ;D

The "world" is a cuckshack full of frozen toes and Timbits.