• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

President Donald J. Trump

Started by The General, February 11, 2011, 01:33:34 AM

Jackstar

Quote from: 136 or 142 on November 24, 2016, 02:44:02 PM
Well, I'm off.  Interpret that however it makes you the happiest.

If Erik Prince shoots one human being today, I hope it's you.

analog kid

Quote from: Meatie Pie on November 24, 2016, 10:50:00 AM
Inches from actual English, as usual.

I've been told all the shitty grammar in this thread are merely typos. But there's a point where typos are frequent enough that it becomes broken English.

Also that I'm not fair.

CornyCrow

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on November 23, 2016, 10:17:01 PM
Yes, 15 years of lies and corruption, selling access and quid pro quos from a Senator, from a Secretary of State, from a likely major party presidential candidate - tens of millions funneled to private citizen and crime partner Bill Clinton for 'speeches', tens of millions laundered through the Clinton non-profit (tax free) ''Presidential Library'', hundreds of millions laundered through the Clinton non-profit (tax free) 'charitable foundation', tens of millions funneled to private citizen Hilary Clinton (after her SecState job and before her presidential candidacy announcement).  Despite all that, Trump's the crook? 

Sorry, not credible. 

There is no factual basis for claiming Trump is corrupt (unlike Bill & Hil), other than the usual complexities, mistakes, and failures made in any business larger than a lemonade stand.  Complexities, mistakes, and failures, that anyone can point to, can take out of context, can attach the worst of motives to.  And, you know, he has an (R) after his name and is an evil businessman instead of a ''lifelong dedicated public servant'', so those competing to make the worst accusations must be right.  Right?

The guy builds and manages high rises and resorts.  Oh yes, his new gig as president is merely a cover for that nefarious business.  Geez, I don't know what you're trying to convince yourself of exactly, take a breath once in awhile and try to get a grip.
I don't think Trump grasps a concept like 'being corrupt'.  There are things you can get away with and things you most likely get caught at.  He's the reason why we should have mandatory ethics classes in schools, especially for business majors. 

CornyCrow

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on November 23, 2016, 11:01:21 PM
I'll be optimistic until convinced otherwise.  I just don't see an evil operator out only for himself
During the debates he was proud of skirting the laws for his own profits.  He said that was what made a good businessman.  He took advantage of every loophole possible.  To him this is a good thing, not something lacking in morality. 

He's told us, there, about his motivation in wanting to be president, why he did not divulge his tax returns, and why he did not put his holdings in a blind trust. 

This is from his own mouth, something he's proud of, like the ability to grab women in disgusting ways.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Segundus on November 24, 2016, 04:43:21 PM
During the debates he was proud of skirting the laws for his own profits.  He said that was what made a good businessman.  He took advantage of every loophole possible.  To him this is a good thing, not something lacking in morality. 

He's told us, there, about his motivation in wanting to be president, why he did not divulge his tax returns, and why he did not put his holdings in a blind trust. 

This is from his own mouth, something he's proud of, like the ability to grab women in disgusting ways.

I'm sure you'll survive his reign of terror, snowflake.  ;D

Jackstar

During the debates he was proud of skirting the laws for his own profits.

Sweety, we're men. We're proud of doing that everywhere--even on the freeway.

If I'm a stockholder I want my company I'm investing in to exploit every loophole possible. They would be stupid not to.

Jackstar

He took advantage of every loophole possible.  To him this is a good thing, not something lacking in morality. 

How is this so much worse than when the Clintons were doing this for 20 years?

CornyCrow

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on November 24, 2016, 04:46:07 PM
I'm sure you'll survive his reign of terror, snowflake.  ;D
No one here is complaining of a reign of terror, just pointing out that Trump's motivations are not necessarily to make America great again, but to make himself wealthy again.  Maybe that contains a clue of his good relationship with Putin? 

Jackstar

Quote from: Segundus on November 24, 2016, 04:36:18 PM
He's the reason why we should have mandatory ethics classes in schools, especially for business majors.

He went to a military academy, followed by Jesuit school. I don't think you're clear on what you're arguing against.

Getting lectures from liberals on corruption is amusing.

Jackstar

Quote from: Segundus on November 24, 2016, 04:52:48 PM
Drumpf's motivations are not necessarily to make America great again, but to make himself wealthy again.  Maybe that contains a clue of his good relationship with Putin?

Oh, there it is, there it is... the prejudice. It's the A game for so many.

For one thing, that's just your opinion. For another, what do you have against Russia?

Why aren't you concerned about his ties to Netanyahu?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Segundus on November 24, 2016, 04:52:48 PM
No one here is complaining of a reign of terror, just pointing out that Trump's motivations are not necessarily to make America great again, but to make himself wealthy again.  Maybe that contains a clue of his good relationship with Putin?

Who knows?! Maybe he's good friends with Zorg of Rigel 7 too? I guess we'll just have to see, won't we?  :D

CornyCrow

Quote from: Jackstar on November 24, 2016, 04:51:30 PM
How is this so much worse than when the Clintons were doing this for 20 years?
Why should I be comparing Trump's greed with that of the Clintons?  I have never called Hillary an honorable person.  I tend to think she'd be more competent than Trump in governing merely because she's had experience.  On the other hand, Trump was never conservative or Republican during his life, leaving him with the possibility of a clean and unbiased mind in his approach to issues.  Yes, he said some bad things while running, but we all know by now he just said those things in order to achieve power, he was never serious.  That's his ethics.  The ends justifies the means.  Being he is reining in, I will wait and see.

CornyCrow

Quote from: VoteQuimby on November 24, 2016, 04:53:42 PM
Getting lectures from liberals on corruption is amusing.
Where's the liberal?  I am liberal on some issues and conservative on others.  I think most people are that way.  The truth often lies in the middle.   

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Segundus on November 24, 2016, 04:58:46 PM
The ends justifies the means.

Ummm...this was Hillary's entire game. That's why we just ousted her.  We all got tired of being the means to her ends. ;)

CornyCrow

Quote from: Jackstar on November 24, 2016, 04:57:03 PM

Oh, there it is, there it is... the prejudice. It's the A game for so many.

For one thing, that's just your opinion. For another, what do you have against Russia?

Why aren't you concerned about his ties to Netanyahu?
What did I say against Russia?  My, you folks are SO sensitive.  It is well known that Putin is very wealthy and uses his position to increase that wealth. 

Jackstar

I tend to think she'd be more competent than Drumpf in governing merely because she's had experience.

At this point, it's clear that you have no legitimate--or even Earthly--idea what you're talking about. Hillary Clinton's demonstrated experience is one of the ways in which rational, sentient citizens can be assured that she is not competent to be entrusted with power.

Drumpf was never conservative or Republican during his life, leaving him with the possibility of a clean and unbiased mind in his approach to issues.

see above, re: "military academi," "Jesuit school"

It's one thing to imply that one disagrees with the man's ethics. It's quite another to say that he simply has none--and to do it while referencing tabloid journalism is awfully telling.

Chica, it's only disgusting when it's to you.

Quote from: Segundus on November 24, 2016, 05:00:57 PM
Where's the liberal?  I am liberal on some issues and conservative on others.  I think most people are that way.  The truth often lies in the middle.

You're bitching about Trump before he's even in office when he just defeated one of the most corrupt politicians in American history.  ::)

Jackstar

Quote from: Segundus on November 24, 2016, 05:02:05 PM
What did I say against Russia?

You implied that the relationship between Trump and Putin requires some kind of "explanation." As if they were niggerfaggots, or something.

Quote from: Segundus on November 24, 2016, 05:02:05 PM
It is well known that Putin is very wealthy and uses his position to increase that wealth.

Now, you're implying that there's something unsavory about that.

What the actual fuck, Pinko? And, then, further, you've completely ignored my point about Benjamin "Bibi" Netanyahu.

Welcome to BellGab. Post often.

CornyCrow

Quote from: VoteQuimby on November 24, 2016, 05:08:06 PM
You're bitching about Trump before he's even in office when he just defeated one of the most corrupt politicians in American history.  ::)
Yes, but he is also corrupt and has as much as said so.  I was only calling attention to his responses at the debates.

CornyCrow

Quote from: Jackstar on November 24, 2016, 05:08:35 PM
You implied that the relationship between Trump and Putin requires some kind of "explanation." As if they were niggerfaggots, or something.

Now, you're implying that there's something unsavory about that.

What the actual fuck, Pinko? And, then, further, you've completely ignored my point about Benjamin "Bibi" Netanyahu.

Welcome to BellGab. Post often.
I don't think your comments are worthy of a response.  You are obviously distorting what I said and are doing so to further your own biases. 

Jackstar

Quote from: Segundus on November 24, 2016, 05:16:20 PM
I don't think your comments are worthy of a response.

I thought the same of yours, but I'm being nice.

Jackstar

You're bitching about Drumpf before he's even in office when he just defeated one of the most corrupt politicians in American history.  ::)

And she's all postin' like Hillary is such a little lamb. massive rolleyes

Quote from: Segundus on November 24, 2016, 05:15:03 PM
Yes, but he is also corrupt and has as much as said so.  I was only calling attention to his responses at the debates.

Corruption is using the rules to your benefit?

Jackstar

Quote from: Segundus on November 24, 2016, 05:15:03 PM
he is also corrupt and has as much as said so.

arguable
challenge
SHENANIGANS

Yorkshire pud

Trump said he would 'clear the swamp' of corrupt politicos; corporate corruption and nefarious but ostensibly legal practices, and oh, he also knows how to run the military because he knows more than the generals: (he has a good brain, apparently); he was throwing Clinton in jail, and on the first day deport 2 million criminal illegal immigrants in his first hour in office.

Of the above (and its nowhere near all he's promised to his disciples), I'll bet you $100 to a childrens charity of your choice that none of the above will happen. Ever.

I also bet you a similar wager, he'll use his new position to force through fiscal and administrative policies that will make him (and those pesky corporate globalists he hates so much) ), immeasurably wealthier than he is at present, and you and those like you, poorer in real terms.

Trump the US version of Brexit? Yeah? Yesterday the current Chancellor of the Exchequer projected a £59 billion shortfall in the UK GDP, and therefore will need to be borrowed to maintain current standards, because of the vote to leave. And we haven't even begun the process to leave yet.