• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

President Donald J. Trump

Started by The General, February 11, 2011, 01:33:34 AM

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: 136 or 142 on November 24, 2016, 01:08:06 PM
Sorry, he goes away for weeks on end.  You're only Dunning Kruger when he's not around.

Damn it!

I actually don't think we disagree as much as you might think we do.  I think we mostly just disagree on who we put the labels on.  You seem to have a problem with 'liberals' whereas, while I have many of the same problems with those on the left, I think those problems are just on the further left or the far left.

We probably don't. I'm really more in the center than I am on the right and hold a lot of moderately libertarian views. My big problem with the "liberals" is that they're fakes here. Just complete fakes with no solid, rational ideology other than whatever can be cobbled together to get votes for the Democratic Party.

Case in point, the Democrats want Muslim voters so they champion tolerance of Islam. At the same time they also champion the rights of homosexuals and women -- things that I myself believe in as a modern, western, liberty loving human. The problem is that Islam, at it's very core, is not tolerant towards either women or homosexuals in the least. It's a medieval, atrocious, out-dated mind virus that needs to be ideologically confronted and stomped until it goes away and joins Nazism in the dumb ideas of history pile. Liberals should be taking that position, religion is not rational. Yet they don't.

136 or 142

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on November 24, 2016, 01:05:27 PM
See, the thing is when you actually live in the U.S. you quickly realize that the smaller you are, the more likely it is that you get steamrolled if you run afoul of the law. If I did any of a number of things that Hillary did, I'd be fined if I could afford a really good lawyer and in federal prison if I couldn't. It's just the way it works and when you get up to her level you just don't get prosecuted at all.

From the legal system, that may be true, from the political system, I seriously can't see why these Republican Committees would have launched these myriad investigations against her only to whitewash their findings.

I suppose a conspiracy theorist would argue that they wanted to wound her but not kill her, but I don't think most people are smart enough to intentionally pull off something like that.

You ALL are so FRACKING BORING (especially you Pud and theONE), you need to roll your wheel chair to a window and look outside. 

136 or 142

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on November 24, 2016, 10:50:51 AM

I see where you misunderstood: he only calls you an idiot because you are, not because you have a difference of opinion. I hope that clarifies things.

From the one page of Dunning Kruger's posts, he called both theONE and Vote Quimby 'stupid' (though not using that term) on three separate occasions.  I have no doubt if I bothered to search through more of his posts that Dunning Kruger has called virtually everybody here 'stupid' at one time or another.

It's pretty clear that Dunning Kruger's posts are mostly snarky and frequently outright silly, so most of the time I'm not actually sure when he's being serious and when he's being sarcastic or whatever else he might be.  However, in the context of his posts, his comment to me makes no sense as everything he wrote about me also must apply to him as well, even if he later claims he's just kidding around when he calls people here stupid, using whatever pretentious terms he comes up with.

I don't quite know what to make of theONE either, but I don't think he's stupid. Very strange, but not stupid.

I think Vote Quimby's posts often contain logical fallacies but I certainly don't think he's stupid. 

I personally like theONE and Vote Quimby much more than I like Dunning Kruger (and I don't really like Vote Quimby) even though I'm politically much closer to Dunning Kruger than I am to thoseTWO.

136 or 142

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on November 24, 2016, 01:20:44 PM
Case in point, the Democrats want Muslim voters so they champion tolerance of Islam. At the same time they also champion the rights of homosexuals and women -- things that I myself believe in as a modern, western, liberty loving human. The problem is that Islam, at it's very core, is not tolerant towards either women or homosexuals in the least. It's a medieval, atrocious, out-dated mind virus that needs to be ideologically confronted and stomped until it goes away and joins Nazism in the dumb ideas of history pile. Liberals should be taking that position, religion is not rational. Yet they don't.

This is the sort of thing we disagree on.  You have a problem with all liberals, whereas I think you are essentially grouping together everybody on the left into one broad stereotype, and I think it's certainly clear you are doing the exact same thing with all religion here, and not just Islam "religion is not rational."

I completely agree that the Islamic faith is, at its core, far more extreme than any other religion, and compounds that by rejecting Jesus' view of 'render under Caesar...'  however, the vast majority of Muslims are decent people and they deserve to be protected from prejudice as everybody else does.

I'm agnostic on whether religion is rational or not.  I've written before that I think it's much more likely than not that there is a creator behind the universe, but that doesn't mean this creator has anything to do with any of the thousands of Gods that Man has created in his image.  However, whether rational or not, for the vast majority of people their religious views are either harmless or cause them to do generally good things. 

I may be misinterpreting your arguments, but I think you yourself would normally argue that if you want to go after religious fundamentalists that you don't do so by alienating all people of faith or arguing that all faith is bad.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on November 24, 2016, 01:05:27 PM
See, the thing is when you actually live in the U.S. you quickly realize that the smaller you are, the more likely it is that you get steamrolled if you run afoul of the law. If I did any of a number of things that Hillary did, I'd be fined if I could afford a really good lawyer and in federal prison if I couldn't. It's just the way it works and when you get up to her level you just don't get prosecuted at all.

I can imagine this same conversation during the time of the Incas:

Look man, when you're the king you can chop anyone's head off you want. It's always been that way and it always will.

You're such a change agent!  ;)

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: 136 or 142 on November 24, 2016, 01:28:12 PM
From the one page of Dunning Kruger's posts, he called both theONE and Vote Quimby 'stupid' (though not using that term) on three separate occasions.  I have no doubt if I bothered to search through more of his posts that Dunning Kruger has called virtually everybody here 'stupid' at one time or another.

It's pretty clear that Dunning Kruger's posts are mostly snarky and frequently outright silly, so most of the time I'm not actually sure when he's being serious and when he's being sarcastic or whatever else he might be.  However, in the context of his posts, his comment to me makes no sense as everything he wrote about me also must apply to him as well, even if he later claims he's just kidding around when he calls people here stupid, using whatever pretentious terms he comes up with.

I don't quite know what to make of theONE either, but I don't think he's stupid. Very strange, but not stupid.

I think Vote Quimby's posts often contain logical fallacies but I certainly don't think he's stupid. 

I personally like theONE and Vote Quimby much more than I like Dunning Kruger (and I don't really like Vote Quimby) even though I'm politically much closer to Dunning Kruger than I am to thoseTWO.

You cleared that up. It has been a worry for many.

GravitySucks

Quote from: 136 or 142 on November 24, 2016, 01:16:00 PM
No, I don't remember that or any other time where I was later found to be wrong.

There are two cases I can think of where I was incorrect, and another case, where, if taken out of context, I was lying.

The first case was on the Smoot Hawley tariff.  I wasn't aware of this at the time I posted on it, but it actually became law before the stock market collapse that led to the Great Depression.

The second case was when 21st Century Man wrote something, I think about Bill Clinton having committed rape and various other crimes, and I replied that "Donald Trump had done all those things."  Of course, that's not true, but in the context of his comments that merely the accusations of Bill Clinton having committed those crimes making him guilty, Trump, at that time, also had all the same accusations against him, so by 21st Century Man's own argument, Trump must have done all those things as well.

For what it's worth, since that time, the civil rape case against Donald Trump has completely fallen apart, and using the same standard that I apply to Bill Clinton that I determined its highly unlikely those rape claims against him are legitimate, I also believe it's highly unlikely that Trump ever raped anyone, even Ivana Trump.  There is just no evidence of him being physically violent against anybody, yet alone being physically violent to commit rape.

You were wrong when you said there were no embassy attacks while Clinton was SoS. That was the day I tried to teach you to count. All the other days you have just been wrong.

136 or 142

Quote from: 136 or 142 on November 24, 2016, 12:51:36 PM
You have got to be kidding, Dunning Kruger.  In at least 90% of your posts where you're in an argument you call the person you're arguing with 'stupid' or some other term with the same meaning and I've never seen a post you've written where your in a debate that doesn't involve you name calling. 

If you ever read PB's posts, you'd see that he doesn't have any consistent opinions, at least not when it comes to politics.  I admit I'm not 100% sure that that makes him mentally challenged as opposed to being psychotic, but there is no question to me that PB has a serious mental problem.

I have never said that anybody else here is genuinely mentally challenged, even those who here who I believe are genuinely stupid, and I challenge you to read PB's posts, or, at least, his political posts, before judging either him or me.  Unless that's too difficult for you, Dunning Kruger.

If you don't want to read his posts, I'll  point out two of what I found to be his two most contradictory views.  Hyper partisanship may or may not be a mental disease, but in PB's case, I think these go beyond even hyper partisanship.

1.Lies constantly that he believes in the Constitution and argues that there is some phony 'originalist' approach to interpreting the Constitution, even though, for instance, two of the founders of the United States, Thomas Jefferson and Alexander Hamilton frequently argued about what the words in the Constitution meant.  Although Hamilton was not at the Constitutional Convention (neither was John Adams though) and apparently his views on what should be in the Constitution had little impact at the Convention, he did subsequently come up with the concept that the Constitution gave the U.S Federal government 'implied powers' and this was an argument accepted by a Supreme Court that was likely comprised of Justices who were all adults during the writing of the Constitution. (So they all would have been familiar with the arguments of the writers of the Constitution at the time the document itself was being written.)

Jefferson strongly disagreed that the Constitution gave the Federal Government any implied powers.  I can't understand how there can be a strict originalist view when even those who originated the Constitution disagree as to how it should be interpreted.

Anyway, that argument aside.  The Constitution is quite clear on a number of things, and one of those is that no individual can detained or quarantined merely out of fear.  Yet, when Ebola sprang up in the U.S, the easily frightened PB, argued that Americans who had treated those with Ebola abroad should be detained until it was conclusive that they didn't have Ebola.  When I pointed out to him that that clearly violated the U.S Constitution that he lies that he cares so much about, he wrote something like (this isn't his exact phrase but I think it accurately reflected his sentiments) "In these cases the Constitution needs to be applied flexibly."

So, The U.S Constitution is sacrosanct to him, expect when it isn't.  Does that make him mentally challenged or psychotic?  Maybe not, but it certainly means that he has no consistent views on the Constitution.

2.He claims that the Republican Party passed the Civil Rights Act of 1964 over 'Democrat' objections and, of course, in this context always mentions the 'KKKer' Robert Byrd, and, at one time wrote something like 'thanks to Republicans the Civil Rights Act' ended a great miscarriage of justice caused by Democrats.  Yet, if you read some of his other posts, it's also quite clear PB actually opposes many if not all of the laws contained in The Civil Rights Act.  Mindless hyper partisanship is one thing, but this is a little extreme even for that, I think.

Again, does that make him mentally challenged or psychotic?  Maybe not, but again, it shows that all he really cares about is promoting his vision of the Republican Party and using any argument he can find, no matter how stupid or false, to attack the 'Democrat' Party and that he doesn't actually have any coherent opinions, at least not when it comes to policy issues.

when you take these enormous logical inconsistencies and add in his over the top rhetoric and his frequently silly defenses of politicians he supports who clearly 'have their hand in the cookie jar' and his juvenile retorts, at the end of all that, I can come to no either conclusion that PB is genuinely either mentally challenged or psychotic in some way.

VQ posted this article before but it's a good read.  http://www.vox.com/2016/4/21/11451378/smug-american-liberalism

An attitude that uses "a condescending, defensive sneer toward any person or movement outside of its consensus, dressed up as a monopoly on reason."  Well I've NEVER seen that on BellGab.  ;)

136 or 142

Quote from: GravitySucks on November 24, 2016, 02:07:39 PM
You were wrong when you said there were no embassy attacks while Clinton was SoS. That was the day I tried to teach you to count. All the other days you have just been wrong.

Yes, I was sort of wrong on that.  I actually wrote something like 'as far as I can find' I did not definitely state that there was only the attack on Benghazi while Clinton was Secretary of State.

Counting is the easy part of mathematics, the harder part is using the numbers to make logical decisions.  You may be able to count well, but logic clearly isn't your strong suit.

GravitySucks

Quote from: 136 or 142 on November 24, 2016, 12:45:28 PM
Sorry, I only chase my own rabbits.

Don't you want to connect all these dots?  Or are you afraid that you might discover something factual and relative?

Anyways, I know you are Canadian, so Happy Thursday.

136 or 142

Quote from: GravitySucks on November 24, 2016, 02:21:17 PM
Don't you want to connect all these dots?  Or are you afraid that you might discover something factual and relative?

Anyways, I know you are Canadian, so Happy Thursday.

I have no doubt that the dots you want me to connect don't actually form any pattern, just a loony conspiracy.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 136 or 142 on November 24, 2016, 02:20:54 PM
logic clearly isn't your strong suit.

Hilarious! This clown's giving logic lessons now?!  :D

136 or 142

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on November 24, 2016, 02:24:46 PM

You should sign up to take my class. You could use the education. :D

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 136 or 142 on November 24, 2016, 02:25:29 PM
You should sign up to take my class. You could use the education. :D

No thanks, 257. I actually took a real logic class at a real university. So, I know that you're full of shit. Don't stop believing though!  ;D

GravitySucks

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on November 24, 2016, 02:24:46 PM

Yeah. When developing spacecraft flight software, logic gets in the way.

Performing IV&V of spacecraft software is really an art, not a science. You just flip through stuff and offer up unsubstantiated opinion.

136 or 142

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on November 24, 2016, 02:27:27 PM
No thanks, 257. I actually took a real logic class at a real university. So, I know that you're full of shit. Don't stop believing though!  ;D

Yes, but I heard you got the lowest grade ever received in that class.  :(

For what it's worth, I also took the two basic logic courses, though at a University College and not a 'real university.'  In the introductory philosophy of logic course, the instructor told me that I received one of the highest marks he had ever given and in the symbolic logic course I received either a B or a B+.

My philosophy of logic instructor and both of the instructors of the two mandatory English courses (in both of those courses making logical arguments is part of the teaching) told me that my intelligence was 'off the charts' on the high side.  Of course, as those were all university college instructors and not university professors, I took their compliment in the same spirit that I'm sure most people here will.

136 or 142

Quote from: GravitySucks on November 24, 2016, 02:29:38 PM
Yeah. When developing spacecraft flight software, logic gets in the way.

Performing IV&V of spacecraft software is really an art, not a science. You just flip through stuff and offer up unsubstantiated opinion.

Well aren't you defensive?  You clearly have good reasons to be, so I can't fault you for that.

norland2424

lol you fuckers should observe a truce on thanksgiving, hell if the fighting stopped on the trenches of ww1 on christmas , it can happen here on bellgab for turkeyday.

Quote from: norland2424 on November 24, 2016, 02:34:18 PM
lol you fuckers should observe a truce on thanksgiving, hell if the fighting stopped on the trenches of ww1 on christmas , it can happen here on bellgab for turkeyday.

This is a friendly gathering between family.  We fight because we love. ;D

mikuthing01

NEVER!

Dr. MD MD

No can do. We've got a Canadian still trying to bitch slap us after a truly humiliating defeat of his ideology, which he's still trying to pitch here. He deserves whatever he gets.  ;)

Happy Thanksgiving, norland!   :)

GravitySucks

Happy Birthday Norland

BellGab is a forum of peace.

Happy Thanksgiving all!

136 or 142

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on November 24, 2016, 02:41:14 PM
That too! Have you cracked 30 yet?  ???

Happy Thanksgiving Dr.  If you want to make it a real Thanksgiving to celebrate though, you should become a vegetarian.  :D

Well, I'm off.  Interpret that however it makes you the happiest.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 136 or 142 on November 24, 2016, 02:44:02 PM
Happy Thanksgiving Dr.  If you want to make it a real Thanksgiving to celebrate though, you should become a vegetarian.  :D

No thanks. I've already been and it wasn't for me. Besides, I love turkey as much as the dad in A Christmas Story.  ;)

Jackstar

Quote from: Keyser Söze on November 24, 2016, 01:23:57 PM
(especially you Pud and theONE)

Fully half of the users posting in the last seven hours have been ersatz shills. It's frankly embarassing at this point.

Quote from: 136 or 142 on November 24, 2016, 02:29:59 PM
My philosophy of logic instructor and both of the instructors of the two mandatory English courses (in both of those courses making logical arguments is part of the teaching) told me that my intelligence was 'off the charts' on the high side.  Of course, as those were all university college instructors and not university professors, I took their compliment in the same spirit that I'm sure most people here will.

It's really not a compliment. Professional educators, however, have ethical guidelines that prevent them from informing a student of their idiocy. It doesn't matter how "intelligent" a person is when they simply cannot understand normal thinking.

And, that is demonstrably you. You're so stupid, you think you're actually smart. It's breathtaking, truly.