• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Overused Words

Started by ItsOver, October 10, 2017, 06:36:51 PM

Swishypants

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on October 10, 2017, 09:50:35 PM
Yeah but I understand it. It comes from the paralysis most cis gendered men feel in regard to proper pronouns these days so we just say Fuck it! Everyone's a guy now. Because most of us have more important things to get on with.  ;)

I still say: "LISTEN UP WHORES..."

Gd5150

“Hybrid” everything was big a few years ago.

About 10 years ago everyone under 25 started saying “right?!” for everything. Just figured out it came from the show “how I met your mother”. Always bugged me every time I heard someone say that. Still does.

Hog

Lemmings

Number one overused word is "surreal".

Peeve word is "supposably" the word when a lemming is trying to say supposedly.

peace
Hog

Little Hater

'No-no' for no-hitter in baseball, and every football color guy is suddenly talking about players being 'in space', which annoys me mainly because I have no idea what they're talking about.

After Charlottesville, 'white supremacist' became 'white nationalist' across the media board. Not the same thing at all.

ponyboysunset

Remember when everything was extreme? Like extreme mountain dew, and extreme flavored things.
Narrative in the conspiracy community really bugs me.

Jackstar

Quote from: ItsOver on October 10, 2017, 06:36:51 PM
Is there some overlord in the ministry of truth who decides what the word of the day is for the talking head morons? 

Just wait until you find out about the color coding. You'll shit.

K_Dubb

conflate

QuoteConflate comes from the Latin conflatus, past participle of conflare to blow together, fuse, from com- + flare to blow

I make my own etymology:  con- = with, flatus = well, you know.  Always seems appropriately descriptive.

pate

Quote from: Swishypants on October 10, 2017, 10:28:22 PM
I still say;

QuoteScot'ail, mmm!

Prahepsm ;erm,..

ediot: doc'iter ib 'bn haus>?

Zetaspeak

My best friend loves using "It is what it us" . He thinks it's some deep thinking thought, I find it annoying  :D