• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Knapp

Started by ArtBellFan, April 27, 2008, 09:05:01 AM

EvB

Quote from: Spikegirl on September 04, 2008, 01:14:23 PM
I like him.

Me2   It took maybe 3 shows for me to warm up to him - but now i go out of my way to tune him in.

Quote from: Spikegirl on September 04, 2008, 01:14:23 PM
I like him.

*You're awesome You get $$ for that.*

P.S. - Pardon me for changing your money score. It was at 69 when I voted. I should have just given you a douche and a 69. sorry.

Spikegirl

Quote from: PhantasticSanShiSan on September 04, 2008, 02:06:27 PM
*You're awesome You get $$ for that.*

P.S. - Pardon me for changing your money score. It was at 69 when I voted. I should have just given you a douche and a 69. sorry.

haha! I noticed when my score was 69, but didn't post anything about the #(don't want to become too predictable). Thank you for the $. While 69 is wonderful, the ambitious part of me was happy to leave that behind to break 70! Yes!

From the first hour guests, to the main guests, to crypto-news, George Knapp just engineered what was - in my opinion - perhaps the most incredible and amazing C2C episode in years. Phenomenal.

Oh yeah, I don't believe any of it either but it was still an excellent program.

- diversity of (topical) guests ... UFOs the first hour and Future Predictions the rest

- guests with "breaking news" ... the retired police chief had just had his experienced go down within the last few days

- Knapp's on-topic and well-worded questions help create a sense of
suspense

- original research ... Knapp teased the audience with upcoming news of original research into area 51 he's done and will air in a week

Great Show!

EvB

I've listened to about 1/2 of it so far - and I agree - PRIMO c2c.

Completely different - but equally good (and again, one of the best shows of it's type in a long time - good weekend for c2c) is Ian's Saturday night show on scientific studies into NDEs - and the whole process of life/death transitions.

BTW - I'm with Knapp - I wanna know what happened to "Houseboat Bob" !!

After listening to Knapp for a bit, I wish he could just karate kick George off the air every night and sit in his little swivel-chair and take over the show. I'm a officially a Knappster now.

Quote from: Pirate King Atomsk on September 22, 2008, 10:19:47 AM
After listening to Knapp for a bit, I wish he could just karate kick George off the air every night and sit in his little swivel-chair and take over the show. I'm a officially a Knappster now.

SWEEP THE LEG, PIRATE

Which leads me to believe, even though I would say I'm more liberal in many ways, if Martin Kove was the Republican VP choice and their slogan was "Sweep The Vote, Johnny", I'd pull a McCain and vote Republican in a second.

My only criticism of Knapp is he has this odd, high-plains, like South Dakota kind of accent. But I can forgive that.

I'm trying to imagine last night's show with George interrupting every few minutes to ask if this all had to do with John Titor or remind everyone he had a Sci Fi Channel special coming out and it just didn't work.

Meegle

Did anyone hear Knapps' show on 092108?

It was pretty depressing if these predictions come true.

Does anyone here know of the "success rate with ANY predictions from guests coming true? It seems that Gerald Salente might have a good record but do you all know the guests that were on with Knapp and should we all be hoarding food and water for the coming storm (Oct thru Mar)?

And I JUST saw that recoveringnoorholic brought this up already...sorry about that "recovering..."

That show about the bots was fascinating. Man, Dames has his work cut out for him, this makes the kill shot across the bow sound like the good old days.

Bandido

Quote from: slipstream on August 31, 2008, 09:26:17 PM
I don't like Knapp.  He makes me want to take a nap.   :D

i usually enjoy the K man, but last sunday's show was right up there with all of George's fear mongering shows. doom this and gloom that. isn't the apocalyse supposed to be this week, by the way?

MODIFIED!

I started to listen to it a couple days ago, and right from the start I picked up exactly on the vibes you guys were talking about.  It totally did have that "old school C2C" feel to it.

EvB

Quote from: Bandido on September 24, 2008, 06:06:00 PM
i usually enjoy the K man, but last sunday's show was right up there with all of George's fear mongering shows. doom this and gloom that. isn't the apocalyse supposed to be this week, by the way?

I know what you mean but it was just so DAMNED WELL DONE!

I took it as theater.

danDNA

i am beginning to see the picture, from the programmer's point of view now, especially after george knapp's last show. in the week we are given the equivelent of commercial tv programming, lots of books to sell, lots of money changing hands, lots of backs being scrubbed, and the perfect guy for that - george noory. hes an ex news guy with an eye for the gory story and a sense of wonder for the most banal shit they can get away with, and this whole C"C family thing going on, like we are part of a big corporation. then at the weekend, when less people must be listening, they stick Ian on, who has marginally different views and the sort of guests and topics that would never make money in the week. and then on sunday, the graveyard shift, we get the real C"C, the original format, with GK who in his own words (and very much like AB) takes us on a journey (i like GK's intro spiel) with the most outrageous guests, the most twisted topics and the feeling that he gives a fuck about what he's discussing. he takes cues from the audience, he investigates stories (i mean can you imagine GN flagging down some MIB's and getting an interview? he  just about manages to get gas in his SUV) and he has strong connections to the scene. i think we may have to face facts that C"C in the week is going to get worse and worse under GN, but we can only hope that GK and IP are able to steer it back the right amount to keep us happy at the weekend.

I agree, this show has won me over. And yes, it made me believe things that normally I would not. And that is a lot like the talent Art had. Knapp doesn't have that wonderful rich quality of intonation that Art has, but his delivery is great. Comparing the weekday C2C to network TV really makes sense. I can't believe how much time they can spend on a subject and still come away with no substance at all.

And if some of the "powers that be" rapture along  with their bodyguards and all that would be a bonus! Haha.

Are you guys talking about when Knapp interviewed the "Half Past Human"/"Urban Survival" guys? Because that was one fucking scary show.

EvB

Quote from: Pirate King Atomsk on September 28, 2008, 03:48:49 AM
Are you guys talking about when Knapp interviewed the "Half Past Human"/"Urban Survival" guys? Because that was one fucking scary show.

That's the one.  But the praise is for the style, not the content.

Art Bell used to scare the hell out of me all the time. I discovered him just after I moved to Sedona in 1996. After 17 years in California, I was a bit thin blooded for what I considered a fairly harsh winter there. I'd listen to him half asleep and have dreams that the grid had colappsed and we were all freezing to death. That is, when I wasn't working outside on large pieces of stained glass and waiting for the kill shot to off me, haha. I guess I like it, cause I came back for more year after year. I am SO annoyed with him for not doing ghost this year. It's gonna be so lame. Even if the stories are good we're gonna have to put up with all the, "HOW ARE YA"s, and "I love its!" Ugghhh.
Did anyone hear him the night he had Debbie Reynolds on? He said she was born in Texas at the age of 16. Man if she was 16 when she was born she must be really old by now.

ArtBellFan

Love George Knapp, don't think he would give up his day job either, but wish he would, he is he closest to Art Bell that has ever been on Coast.

Frys Girl

I love George Knapp. After he discussed the importance of supporting the program for wild horses and horse slaughter for meat. it made me so sad that a moron like Snoors is running that show. That's a really big problem in the US and it's not popular to talk about. P.S. he mentioned Creedence Clearwater afterwards. DOUBLE awesome.

EvB

QuoteCreedence Clearwater afterwards. DOUBLE awesome.                

i adore CC -- you get $$$ just for the mention! 

Frys Girl

Quote from: EvB on October 20, 2008, 08:49:13 PM
i adore CC -- you get $$$ just for the mention!
'Some Creedence tapes." I grew up on Creedence and when I saw The Big Lebowski, it made me feel like it was ok to come out and tell other people about them. I love their band name. So awesome.

George Knapp is the last hope for C2C. George reminds me of Art in so many ways. The big difference between Knapp and the other two regular guys, is that he knows his stuff. Snoory spends most of his time asking boring questions and patronizes his guests to no end. Ian is just horrible. C2C ought to do what they need to do go get Knapp on full time. Of course if Art comes back on XM, C2C is going to go adios anyways.

Spikegirl

Quote from: workingindreamland on October 23, 2008, 08:14:40 PM
George Knapp is the last hope for C2C. George reminds me of Art in so many ways. The big difference between Knapp and the other two regular guys, is that he knows his stuff. Snoory spends most of his time asking boring questions and patronizes his guests to no end. Ian is just horrible. C2C ought to do what they need to do go get Knapp on full time. Of course if Art comes back on XM, C2C is going to go adios anyways.

Absolutely. And Mr. Knapp would actually deserve the inflated salary that the Snoron no doubts gets for phoning it in each night.

He doesn't piss me off in any way, which is more than can be said for any other c2c host. His brain functions and he doesn't have any annyoing personality disorders. If he likes comic books, I don't know it, and his shows are angel free.

I agree: he's the only one that could succeed Art.

Frys Girl

I really think Knapp should be the host. I really want to post this statement over and over again periodically in the hope that someone overseeing George will get the hint. I hate George. I hate the way he conducts himself during the show. It's insulting, boring and a waste of time. Ghost to Ghost was an absolute shitfest. His response to stories was fake and entertaining if you think on the level of a potted plant.

Fuck the radio industry for making a good show crappy. I hate Rush Limbaugh too, but I can listen to him because he actually communicates better, even if I hate the message.
Get a clue George, asshole. And we all know you voted for Ron Paul douchebag. Stop trying to act like you're the swing vote of the year.

Spikegirl

Quote from: Frys Girl on November 04, 2008, 03:18:17 PM

Get a clue George, asshole. And we all know you voted for Ron Paul douchebag. Stop trying to act like you're the swing vote of the year.

It would only be more irritating if he thought of himself as the swinger of the year. Ugh!  :P

Frys Girl

LOL Spikegirl you're the best. George is out of control tonight. He told his Detroit riot story and it was quite a story, but it was ruined by George's lack of story telling abilities.

He sucks at everything.