• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

RandomCast - A Podcast

Started by heater, November 27, 2016, 08:46:17 PM

Dr. MD MD

For some of these people it was about their politics of the election cycle, plain and simple. Rather than a bastion of free speech they wanted to frame Bellgab as a haven for hate speech or some such nonsense. You can see how the left is still attempting this wherever they think they can get away with it. Step 1. Control language in order to control thought. Sometimes even people we like are sadly just this deeply immersed in the Koolaid.  :(

Jackstar

Quote from: chefist on August 18, 2017, 02:05:18 PM
Not a big, ass gig.  ;D

So Cosmo says you're fat--well, I ain't down with that.

Quote from: Jackstar on August 18, 2017, 02:07:43 PM

The correct usage of was vs. were has never been so important, than it was in the above quote.

Language barrier. I'm a product of the California public skool system.

Quote from: themudking on August 18, 2017, 11:44:16 AMNew Shoe tomorrow night at 9pm eastern.  Join on discord and make the show your own.  same rules as always the show is a public forum to talk about issues and interests.  Was going to have a guest but I will inform her we can discuss her book at a later time.

Is said guest a bellgab member?

heater

Quote from: Radio Activity on August 18, 2017, 07:15:36 PM
Is said guest a bellgab member?

Haha! No she isn't as far as I know. But should be a funny conversation if she is on at some point in the future.  Better suited for a lighter general mood.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: themudking on August 18, 2017, 07:37:51 PM
Haha! No she isn't as far as I know. But should be a funny conversation if she is on at some point in the future.  Better suited for a lighter general mood.

Random cast is always light hearted...

Praise Mudders.  :)

Quote from: themudking on August 18, 2017, 07:37:51 PM

So it isn't PBS. Linda Moulton Howe?

Quote from: chefist on August 18, 2017, 01:53:35 PM
Sure...and I must state that this is not a reflection of their character as a decent human being. No, it only relates to BG and their departures.

Onan, Eddie Dean, Jazzmunda and BDubb are the primary 4. Why did they leave? Well, they made it clear in their statements and podcast (Podcast Not Included???I forget). Basically, they felt their content and morality was superior to what they were seeing on the "new" BG.  They gave MV an ultimatum, which of course MV basically told them to go pound sand.

That's about it...they come back every once in a while. The vast majority, me included, would love to see them all post again. I even met Eddie in person in Phoenix, before a Rush concert. He was very polite, funny and enjoyable company. I personally have nothing against anyone of these folks.

Well, you never know...maybe they will come back and participate in the BG community. Or maybe not.

Interesting, thanks.  I'm surprised Jazz would be included in that description.  I think he loves Art Bell and didn't want to be any part in the trashing and trolling.

Onan was that rarest of people, an intelligent liberal.  His posts in the politics section were usually beased on reason rather than emotionalism and name calling.

The other two rarely had anything interesting to post, I skipped over them a lot.

chefist

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on August 18, 2017, 07:58:30 PM
Interesting, thanks.  I'm surprised Jazz would be included in that description.  I think he loves Art Bell and didn't want to be any part in the trashing and trolling.

Onan was that rarest of people, an intelligent liberal.  His posts in the politics section were usually beased on reason rather than emotionalism and name calling.

The other two rarely had anything interesting to post, I skipped over them a lot.

After Art left, BG really didn't have much to do with Art or Heather for that matter. We needed to make our own content.

I tried to find a common ground with Onan, but it never materialized. Even when I agreed with him, he wanted to argue. Oh well...to each their own.

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on August 18, 2017, 07:40:31 PM
Random cast is always light hearted...

Praise Mudders.  :)

I always try to be light hearted. You never know when brig might be listening.

Quote from: chefist on August 18, 2017, 08:14:21 PM
After Art left, BG really didn't have much to do with Art or Heather for that matter. We needed to make our own content.

I tried to find a common ground with Onan, but it never materialized. Even when I agreed with him, he wanted to argue. Oh well...to each their own.

I didn't really follow the site for many years. Mostly checked in when I got a show notification. Pretty much stayed in the podcast forum and occasionally random stuff. It wasn't always indexed as it is now. I only listened to the Gabcast until MV left. The hosts were good but I found the topics boring. I didn't realize MV returned until recently. Those shows are now new to me. I enjoy most of his work but there are a few trainwrecks that I can't stomach. But that's all over now. MV's retired, right?

Praise Mudders!

chefist

Quote from: Radio Activity on August 18, 2017, 08:22:06 PM
I didn't really follow the site for many years. Mostly checked in when I got a show notification. Pretty much stayed in the podcast forum and occasionally random stuff. It wasn't always indexed as it is now. I only listened to the Gabcast until MV left. The hosts were good but I found the topics boring. I didn't realize MV returned until recently. Those shows are now new to me. I enjoy most of his work but there are a few trainwrecks that I can't stomach. But that's all over now. MV's retired, right?

Praise Mudders!

Can't speak for MV about when he will broadcast...but he's still around. He helps me a lot with my silly show. As Art often said about himself, "I'll be popping in from time to time."

Quote from: chefist on August 18, 2017, 08:14:21 PM

Bellgab went along just fine for years without Art Bell.  His re-emergence was not beneficial to the site, other than to get people's hopes up a couple of times for short periods.

He ought to apoligize for setting things in motion that would eventually drive long time posters away, then leave.  Or just stop posting.  Either way.

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on August 18, 2017, 08:35:46 PM
Bellgab went along just fine for years without Art Bell.  His re-emergence was not beneficial to the site, other than to get people's hopes up a couple of times for short periods.

He ought to apoligize for setting things in motion that would eventually drive long time posters away, then leave.  Or just stop posting.  Either way.

Art's shenanigans turned me off. I haven't listened to an old show in a long time. They'll never be same.

I listen to Rush a lot more now, even subscribed. I was in Sacramento when he started and always enjoyed his show. He was a lot more provocative back then and less political. More parody. Rush is an excellent broadcaster. There's a reason he's been on top for decades.

Quote from: Radio Activity on August 18, 2017, 08:43:58 PM
Art's shenanigans turned me off. I haven't listened to an old show in a long time. They'll never be same.

I listen to Rush a lot more now, even subscribed. I was in Sacramento when he started and always enjoyed his show. He was a lot more provocative back then and less political. More parody. Rush is an excellent broadcaster. There's a reason he's been on top for decades.

The people that believed Art's bullshit story were pitted against those that didn't.  He is responsible for that.  It was shocking to me to find out Art is a weasel and an ass. 

heater

this

heater

Gonna have to stop this praise anything relating to TMK.  Unless you are mocking me then it's acceptable.

In the RandomCast thread we don't offer Turbo Mode we give out Passive Mode.  Keep the praise gag up and you'll all get access to it!

chefist

Werd.

Oh, and Curtis helps me significantly too. Props where props due.

heater

Quote from: chefist on August 18, 2017, 09:13:38 PM
Werd.

Thanks! Glad to help when / where I can.

Quote from: chefist on August 18, 2017, 09:13:38 PM
Werd.

Curtis has helped me a ton!

aldousburbank

Quote from: ponyboysunset on August 18, 2017, 11:54:00 AM
This is damned accurate, IMO. I know personally a lot of people I wound up talking to outside of here left because of that one weekend of crazy Neo Nazi posting which I think if memory serves was someone's form of a joke? It was long before any of the recent Nazi name calling started. I also think a lot of liberals left, but then again no one forced either side to post in the politics area. Shrug. We are who remain.

This post has pretty much nothing to do with bellgab.
Getting all angsty about nazis existing in this world or on this forum misses the whole point of living in a pluralistic society- or a "democracy", which so many alt liberals seem to otherwise fetishize. I may (hypothetically) have extreme prejudice against Catholics uh, 'cuz my ancestors suffered through the Roman inquisition. My only choice is whether to hate or not. I can't make them stop being Catholic nor can they force me to convert. Excellent. That's a huge improvement from what was happening before this great American experiment. Hell, 150 years ago the plains indians were killing on each other in the name of great spirit, tradition, and cultural superiority complexes. It's so easy to slip back into that shit and it begins by telling a person what they may or may not say, or believe. As a society we've yet to abandon inquisitory/witch hunt cultural appendages. As individuals, the true progressives are the ones whose personal opinions can exist independently of what anybody else fucking thinks. America! Fuck Yeah!

PS- Sometimes I think that the people with the coexist bumper stickers are the least able to.

Lilith

Quote from: aldousburbank on August 18, 2017, 11:07:59 PM
This post has pretty much nothing to do with bellgab.
Getting all angsty about nazis existing in this world or on this forum misses the whole point of living in a pluralistic society- or a "democracy", which so many alt liberals seem to otherwise fetishize. I may (hypothetically) have extreme prejudice against Catholics uh, 'cuz my ancestors suffered through the Roman inquisition. My only choice is whether to hate or not. I can't make them stop being Catholic nor can they force me to convert. Excellent. That's a huge improvement from what was happening before this great American experiment. Hell, 150 years ago the plains indians were killing on each other in the name of great spirit, tradition, and cultural superiority complexes. It's so easy to slip back into that shit and it begins by telling a person what they may or may not say, or believe. As a society we've yet to abandon inquisitory/witch hunt cultural appendages. As individuals, the true progressives are the ones whose personal opinions can exist independently of what anybody else fucking thinks. America! Fuck Yeah!

PS- Sometimes I think that the people with the coexist bumper stickers are the least able to.

Praise MV!

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: aldousburbank on August 18, 2017, 11:07:59 PM

That's because there's an assumed parenthetical which is (WITH ME!). Make them have to think and occasionally question their own assumption and most get very cranky indeed; and that should tell you everything you need to know about the intellectual foundations of collectivist societies. It's not about reason. It's about power. Just believe! ;)

Lilith

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on August 18, 2017, 11:22:38 PM
That's because there's an assumed parenthetical which is (WITH ME!). Make them have to think and occasionally question their own assumption and most get very cranky indeed; and that should tell you everything you need to know about the intellectual foundations of collectivist societies. It's not about reason. It's about power. Just believe! ;)

Yeah, most people aren't ready to even TRY to replace the "WITH ME!" part with "WITH EVERYONE" yet.  I don't think most people are even aware that the "WITH ME!" part is playing any role at all subconsciously, as a veiled insistence that others see it "my way", or be considered low life personages unfit for my company.

aldousburbank

Quote from: brig on August 18, 2017, 11:37:56 PM
Yeah, most people aren't ready to even TRY to replace the "WITH ME!" part with "WITH EVERYONE" yet.  I don't think most people are even aware that the "WITH ME!" part is playing any role at all subconsciously, as a veiled insistence that others see it "my way", or be considered low life personages unfit for my company.

The old "I am too enlightened to disagree with" game.

Lilith

Quote from: aldousburbank on August 18, 2017, 11:42:02 PM

You know what encourages me tho aldous?  More and more people are becoming aware of the game, and so it's not working as well as it used to.

Sometimes I feel sad for the people who are still playing it, because they don't realize they are playing it yet, and they don't understand why it's not working so well anymore. They end up finding themselves leaving more discussions than they are entering, and that can be a very lonely place.

Lilith

Quote from: aldousburbank on August 18, 2017, 11:42:02 PM

I don't get to see you too much around here aldous, but while I know you are here, I wish you would do your own show, or at least get on as co-host with Chefist or muddy, or both.  I would like to hear what you have to say about just about anything at all.

Quote from: brig on August 18, 2017, 11:53:19 PM
I don't get to see you too much around here aldous, but while I know you are here, I wish you would do your own show, or at least get on as co-host with Chefist or muddy, or both.  I would like to hear what you have to say about just about anything at all.

+1. Now that MV's retired :o someone needs to step up and fill the vacuum.

Jackstar

Quote from: chefist on August 18, 2017, 08:33:59 PM
Can't speak for MV about when he will broadcast...but he's still around.

Just scroll past him.