• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

sorefinger

Quote from: NAKASHI on June 28, 2016, 05:40:15 PM
Return of a prodigal vanguard.  Been a l-o-n-g time, sorefinger.  Cool to see you wandering the corridors again! ;) ;D

Indeed, it's been a long time, Nakashi.  I've been listening over at MiTD though, not to mention that it's very entertaining to see the world coming apart at its seams now.  I just can't figure out why it hasn't happened a long time ago already.

TigerLily

Quote from: Value Of Pi on June 28, 2016, 05:40:42 PM
Assuming you were being literal, tell us more about this bloody revolution. Who's revolting and how? How much blood are you talking about, relative to other bloody revolutions in the past? What's the cause the revolutionaries are fighting for and who are their leaders? Have these people written any revolutionary tracts yet so we can understand what the goals of the revolution are and how the new system would operate?

Then again, maybe you were just trying to dramatize how you feel.

I hate to jump to conclusions but I think sorefinger may be

Value Of Pi

Quote from: TigerLily on June 28, 2016, 05:56:22 PM
I hate to jump to conclusions but I think sorefinger may be

TigerLily strikes again!

sorefinger

Quote from: Value Of Pi on June 28, 2016, 05:40:42 PM
Assuming you were being literal, tell us more about this bloody revolution. Who's revolting and how? How much blood are you talking about, relative to other bloody revolutions in the past? What's the cause the revolutionaries are fighting for and who are their leaders? Have these people written any revolutionary tracts yet so we can understand what the goals of the revolution are and how the new system would operate?

Then again, maybe you were just trying to dramatize how you feel.

For starters, 90% of us are fed up with both political parties.  Trump and Sanders are leading the revolt.  80 percent of us can't make ends meet with out some form of public assistance.  Illegal immigration is the primary cause, from an emotional standpoint, but from a financial standpoint, globalization is the culprit.  There's much much more, such as too much government, too much inflation, too much unemployment, too much under-employment, etc., etc.  You shouldn't need me to tell you. Just turn on the news!

Value Of Pi

Quote from: sorefinger on June 28, 2016, 06:14:01 PM
For starters, 90% of us are fed up with both political parties.  Trump and Sanders are leading the revolt.  80 percent of us can't make ends meet with out some form of public assistance.  Illegal immigration is the primary cause, from an emotional standpoint, but from a financial standpoint, globalization is the culprit.  There's much much more, such as too much government, too much inflation, too much unemployment, too much under-employment, etc., etc.  You shouldn't need me to tell you. Just turn on the news!

I get all of that. What I want to know is if and why you think the U.S. is, in reality, close to a bloody revolution, which is way beyond angry and upset. Think about other revolutions in France, Russia, England (the English Civil War was basically a revolution), and of course, America, and explain why you think this country is at the same point.

Are you ready to grab your gun and start shooting at the government any time soon, do you think a significant number of people would do that, or are you really thinking about a much less bloody kind of revolution?

Quote from: Value Of Pi on June 28, 2016, 06:33:59 PM
I get all of that. What I want to know is if and why you think the U.S. is, in reality, close to a bloody revolution, which is way beyond angry and upset. Think about other revolutions in France, Russia, England (the English Civil War was basically a revolution), and of course, America, and explain why you think this country is at the same point.

Are you ready to grab your gun and start shooting at the government any time soon, do you think a significant number of people would do that, or are you really thinking about a much less bloody kind of revolution?
You say you want a revolution
Well, you know
We all want to change the world
You tell me that it's evolution
Well, you know

But when you talk about destruction
Don't you know that you can count me out

Don't you know it's gonna be alright
Alright, alright

You say you got a real solution
Well, you know
We'd all love to see the plan
You ask me for a contribution
Well, you know
We're all doing what we can

But if you want money for people with minds that hate
All I can tell you is brother you have to wait

Alright, alright, al...

You say you'll change the constitution
Well, you know
We all want to change your head
You tell me it's the institution
Well, you know
You'd better free your mind instead

But if you go carrying pictures of Chairman Mao
You ain't going to make it with anyone anyhow

Don't you know know it's gonna be alright
Alright, alright

Alright, alright
Alright, alright
Alright, alright
Alright, alright

sorefinger

Quote from: Value Of Pi on June 28, 2016, 06:33:59 PM

What I said or implied was that if we don't change course this November, away from establishment and globalization, the risk of a real revolution becomes more inevitable.  People are really fed up and are not going to take it much longer.  A majority in our country now work for the government or depend on it for survival. In other words, the enemy is next door, if you're not already one of them.  If we do change course this November, then things will settle down substantially.  There's no need to worry until November, and then only if the establishment and globalization win.

starrmtn001

Quote from: sorefinger on June 28, 2016, 05:56:19 PM
Indeed, it's been a long time, Nakashi.  I've been listening over at MiTD though, not to mention that it's very entertaining to see the world coming apart at its seams now.  I just can't figure out why it hasn't happened a long time ago already.
No selfie tech.

trostol

Value Of Pi

Quote from: sorefinger on June 28, 2016, 06:57:07 PM
What I said or implied was that if we don't change course this November, away from establishment and globalization, the risk of a real revolution becomes more inevitable.  People are really fed up and are not going to take it much longer.  A majority in our country now work for the government or depend on it for survival. In other words, the enemy is next door, if you're not already one of them.  If we do change course this November, then things will settle down substantially.  There's no need to worry until November, and then only if the establishment and globalization win.

Well, that sounds less dire than your first post. I'm having a lot of trouble imagining a bloody revolution, assuming Hillary wins and the status quo continues. I can see a bunch of stuff hitting the fan and lots of unrest for various reasons, but an outright revolution meant to overthrow the government is something else altogether.

The point being, nothing you've said makes me think that this would actually happen. If the idea is to get people to take the risk more seriously, you need to make a more convincing case.

starrmtn001

Quote from: Value Of Pi on June 28, 2016, 07:15:39 PM
We're not talking.  I forgot why.  Did one/both of us shit post to each other?  I liked talking with you.  Damn.  Sucks getting old. >:(

sorefinger

Quote from: Value Of Pi on June 28, 2016, 07:15:39 PM
Well, that sounds less dire than your first post. I'm having a lot of trouble imagining a bloody revolution, assuming Hillary wins and the status quo continues. I can see a bunch of stuff hitting the fan and lots of unrest for various reasons, but an outright revolution meant to overthrow the government is something else altogether.

The point being, nothing you've said makes me think that this would actually happen. If the idea is to get people to take the risk more seriously, you need to make a more convincing case.

The case is being made in the news. Like I said, follow the news.  If that's not convincing for you, then nothing else would be.  For example, if you cannot see just how profound the Brexit victoy is, what it means, then you're totally lost in some fog, taking for granted the freedoms we have that so many died and gave blood for, just so we can enjoy liberty today.  Ever heard of the Revolutionary War or World War II?

aldousburbank

Quote from: sorefinger on June 28, 2016, 07:54:59 PM
Ever heard of the Revolutionary War or World War II?

Or Woodstock?

Value Of Pi

Quote from: NAKASHI on June 28, 2016, 07:54:18 PM
We're not talking.  I forgot why.  Did one/both of us shit post to each other?  I liked talking with you.  Damn.  Sucks getting old. >:(

We already talked about this "not talking" business and I explained that in spite of a minor disturbance in the Force, we were not "not talking."  Besides which, what we're doing now is talking, so it's a moot point anyway.

As for getting old, you remembered the important part, which is that you liked talking with me. And I, for my part, like talking to people who like talking to me. OTOH, all this talking about talking is giving me a headache.

TigerLily

Quote from: NAKASHI on June 28, 2016, 07:01:25 PM
No selfie tech.

Great pic   ;D

If you don't mind, Starr, I would like to come to VoPs defense. He may be a bit artless and over zealous. Even a little pedantic. But I've never seen him shit post.  We are seeing a lot of hateful speech here that we are tolerating. I think there should be room for someone who feels deeply about issues and perhaps overshares but always with civility.

Of course, throw invective at anyone as you see fit. I do. But I feel like VoP is used a bit like a pinata when perhaps others are more deserving

Ed: Starr you dissing someone I always find adorable

Value Of Pi

Quote from: sorefinger on June 28, 2016, 07:54:59 PM
The case is being made in the news. Like I said, follow the news.  If that's not convincing for you, then nothing else would be.  For example, if you cannot see just how profound the Brexit victoy is, what it means, then you're totally lost in some fog, taking for granted the freedoms we have that so many died and gave blood for, just so we can enjoy liberty today.  Ever heard of the Revolutionary War or World War II?

I'm very familiar with both of those wars but I don't see a Brexit victory as being in the same category of importance as the Allied or American victories in those historic conflicts. Anyway, are you saying that Brexit is a sign or some kind of proof that a bloody revolution is coming to the U.S.? Because I can't see that through the fog.

starrmtn001

Quote from: TigerLily on June 28, 2016, 08:16:15 PM
Great pic   ;D

If you don't mind, Starr, I would like to come to VoPs defense. He may be a bit artless and over zealous. Even a little pedantic. But I've never seen him shit post.  We are seeing a lot of hateful speech here that we are tolerating. I think there should be room for someone who feels deeply about issues and perhaps overshares but always with civility.

Of course, throw invective at anyone as you see fit. I do. But I feel like VoP is used a bit like a pinata when perhaps others are more deserving

That's why I asked him.  I don't remember him shit posting to me, but my RAM has finally maxed out so there's that. :-\

Hog

Always put a sore finger in cider.

peace
Hog

starrmtn001

Great pic   ;D

Aw, shucks.  I do what I can to neutralize toxicity.

starrmtn001

Quote from: Hog on June 28, 2016, 08:23:38 PM
Always put a sore finger in hard cider.

peace
Hog
FIFY.  You're welcome. ;)

Dyna-X

Quote from: bobo17 on June 28, 2016, 11:42:36 AM
folks
the meeting is back on
bobo

May I suggest your next horse be named Flicker. How are you getting along with Flicker? "Oh, its on and off."
What are the chances you'll get Art to come back? "None really, just a Flicker.'
Why did you say you were leaving? "Someone flicked me off."

starrmtn001

Quote from: Dyna-X on June 28, 2016, 08:34:57 PM
May I suggest your next horse be named Flicker. How are you getting along with Flicker? "Oh, its on and off."
What are the chances you'll get Art to come back? "None really, just a Flicker.'
Why did you say you were leaving? "Someone flicked me off."
Who would do such a thing?  "My Friend Flicker." ::)

ge30542

Quote from: RealCool Daddio on June 28, 2016, 06:45:34 PM
You say you want a revolution
Well, you know
You tell me that it's evolution
Well, you know

But when you talk about destruction
Don't you know that you can count me out

Alright, alright

You say you got a real solution
Well, you know
We'd all love to see the plan
You ask me for a contribution
Well, you know
We're all doing what we can

But if you want money for people with minds that hate
All I can tell you is brother you have to wait

Alright, alright, al...

You say you'll change the constitution
Well, you know
We all want to change your head
You tell me it's the institution
Well, you know
You'd better free your mind instead

But if you go carrying pictures of Chairman Mao
You ain't going to make it with anyone anyhow

Don't you know know it's gonna be alright
Alright, alright

Alright, alright
Alright, alright
Alright, alright
Alright, alright
WOW, Beetle lyrics, cool.
Wasn't that song originally done by Spirit?

Dyna-X

Quote from: NAKASHI on June 28, 2016, 08:37:41 PM
Who would do such a thing?  "My Friend Flicker." ::)

Aww, cmon - Everyone is always on Bobo's case. He's the emotional blotter of the thread.

And good catch on Flicka ;)

sorefinger

Quote from: Value Of Pi on June 28, 2016, 08:18:32 PM
I'm very familiar with both of those wars but I don't see a Brexit victory as being in the same category of importance as the Allied or American victories in those historic conflicts. Anyway, are you saying that Brexit is a sign or some kind of proof that a bloody revolution is coming to the U.S.? Because I can't see that through the fog.

You're thinking is inverted. Brexit is averting a revolution.  In the same way, a vote gainst the establishment and globalization would avert a revolution here in the US.

starrmtn001

Quote from: Dyna-X on June 28, 2016, 08:58:13 PM
Aww, cmon - Everyone is always on Bobo's case. He's the emotional blotter of the thread.

And good catch on Flicka ;)
I was all about horses most of my life.  Used to belong to local riding clubs and participated in horse shows/competitive trail riding.  Getting old FUCKING SUCKS!!! >:( >:( >:(

I'm getting higher up on the new body waiting list but damn, ya'd think with our technology now, I could get a decent trade in on a used late model.  Oh well. :P

Quote from: NAKASHI on June 28, 2016, 09:18:34 PM
I was all about horses most of my life.  Used to belong to local riding clubs and participated in horse shows/competitive trail riding.  Getting old FUCKING SUCKS!!! >:( >:( >:(

I'm getting higher up on the new body waiting list but damn, ya'd think with out technology now, I could get a decent trade in on a used late model.  Oh well. :P

I'll let you wear my cowboy hat.

starrmtn001

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on June 28, 2016, 09:24:45 PM
I'll let you wear my cowboy hat.
Ooohh.  That sounds nice.  Thank you. ;)

Value Of Pi

Great pic   ;D

You are definitely observant and discerning, TigerLily, in addition to your other good qualities. I'd also like to point out that subtlety usually is unappreciated and ineffective when trying to make a point on a message board.

The direct approach has its risks and downsides, but if you can express yourself clearly and make yourself understood while staying reasonably respectful and civil, it's a worthwhile trade-off. As for raising uncomfortable questions and taking a few shots in return, there are some things that are more important than being popular, although popularity never hurts.

Value Of Pi

Quote from: sorefinger on June 28, 2016, 09:02:10 PM
You're thinking is inverted. Brexit is averting a revolution.  In the same way, a vote gainst the establishment and globalization would avert a revolution here in the US.

Brexit is averting a revolution where, in Britain? We were talking about Hillary getting in and whether that would trigger a revolution in the U.S. during her term. Does Brexit make the revolution more or less likely if she wins?

Are you even sure you want to keep talking about bloody revolutions in the U.S.? That means thousands of dead bodies in the streets, chaos, martial law imposed, the Army deployed in America, lots of innocents caught in the cross-fire? You get the picture. Maybe you should just put "revolution" in quotes if you're not ready for the real thing.