• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Robert

Quote from: Stardust Ancestor on December 17, 2015, 07:35:40 PMYes, AKA policing your brass. And yes a bullet would be very hard to find on the surrounding land.
Not only that, but a warning shot into the air is still intended as a threat.

Element 115

Quote from: Robert on December 17, 2015, 11:49:38 PM
Not only that, but a warning shot into the air is still intended as a threat.

Correct, discharging a firearm is a threat regardless of muzzle direction.

Robert

Quote from: Freyja on December 17, 2015, 07:58:06 PMGuess a question may be if Art doesn't know if was a firecracker or a gun shot, then how is quitting the show any solution for the safety of his family?
Because that's the demand that was made on the phone call.

Value Of Pi

Quote from: malachi.martini on December 17, 2015, 11:06:37 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQH4EBsZ_sA

Somebody's gonna use that thing to spy on PETA and wind up in a world of hurt. But it'll be worth it.

Robert

Quote from: Paper*Boy on December 17, 2015, 11:47:24 PMHow would someone get into and out of Art's compound without being detected, other than being seen in the bushes looking in the window or whatever it was Art said?  Isn't that place surrounded by a good sized fence and locked gate?
Not around the house, as of the last pass of the Google camera car, that I was able to see.  Just around the communication facility.

Meister_000

Quote from: Kolchak on December 17, 2015, 10:29:45 PM
Ouch.

Holy Shit!   
I'm trying to think of some whity Super-Glue line but nothing's coming.  Aloe is my usual go-to but I can't tell how deep those are. Yikes.

Dick Grinder

Quote from: Paper*Boy on December 17, 2015, 11:47:24 PM
How would someone get into and out of Art's compound without being detected, other than being seen in the bushes looking in the window or whatever it was Art said?  Isn't that place surrounded by a good sized fence and locked gate? 

This part of the story line hasn't been mentioned much lately.

He's an uber-electronics geek who also cared enough to install motion lights . . .but not a video surveillance system?  Not even a game cam?

Catsmile

Quote from: munbeam666 on December 17, 2015, 11:31:16 PM
Poor cat :(

I blame one moar nut with a gun.
How about you?

slippingaway

Great, now the DRONES are after Art! Wonder if he calculated the "electrical infetterence" of all that delicious HAM equipment on his drone's wireless.

Proof positive that Art could die at any time. Stalker, Drone, Freak waterbed leak accident, heart attack whilst making sweet love to Mrs. Bell, when scorpions attack!, etc.

What we really need is to digitize all the thousands of hours of Art's voice, and then just script him in text to speech. Just like they did with Paul Harvey in the 90's.  Too bad someone blew the cover on Mr. Harvey's robot replacement...

Now we will probably never get to hear Art interview Phil Hendrie as Gereral Johnson Jameson on April 1! Yet another fantastical dream anyways. Gotta quit getting my hopes tossed into the cold fires of Abba and C. Crane.

Quote from: Dick Grinder on December 18, 2015, 12:34:24 AM
He's an uber-electronics geek who also cared enough to install motion lights . . .but not a video surveillance system?  Not even a game cam?

You figure he'd use the drone outdoors too.

Dick Grinder

And on the ninth day, Art made a BellGabber.

Quote from: slippingaway on December 18, 2015, 12:43:46 AM
Great, now the DRONES are after Art! Wonder if he calculated the "electrical infetterence" of all that delicious HAM equipment on his drone's wireless.

Proof positive that Art could die at any time. Stalker, Drone, Freak waterbed leak accident, heart attack whilst making sweet love to Mrs. Bell, when scorpions attack!, etc.

What we really need is to digitize all the thousands of hours of Art's voice, and then just script him in text to speech. Just like they did with Paul Harvey in the 90's.  Too bad someone blew the cover on Mr. Harvey's robot replacement...

Now we will probably never get to hear Art interview Phil Hendrie as Gereral Johnson Jameson on April 1! Yet another fantastical dream anyways. Gotta quit getting my hopes tossed into the cold fires of Abba and C. Crane.

slippingaway

Quote from: malachi.martini on December 18, 2015, 12:45:22 AM
You figure he'd use the drone outdoors too.
Well duh, he can't go outdoors anymore. He could get shot at again. Or worse. No, Art is a shut-in now. Between the stalkers, the Filipino Mafia, and the dozens of nearly recovered "Pizza Punch" addicts that might still mistakenly blame him for them not getting their fix (even decades later); quite honesly I don't know how he allowed himself to ever leave the house past Y2K.

This is, of course, totally in jest. I love Art.  I would stalk him too, mostly do the 80's boombox over my head outside his house blaring Dancing Queen (our song!) begging for him to run away with me! I would stalk him... but the cost, the time required, and the fear of rejection keeps my (un)happy ass planted in my corner of Kansas.

Quote from: malachi.martini on December 17, 2015, 10:40:59 PM
Due to the horrible nature of the drone strike that left my family reeling, I'm sorry to say, tonight's the last night of my next show.

Meister_000

Fuck drones. Art should train him up some Falcons (or Hawks) -- or at least get himself some of those Falconry gloves!

ManiacMatt

Quote from: Paper*Boy on December 17, 2015, 11:47:24 PM
How would someone get into and out of Art's compound without being detected, other than being seen in the bushes looking in the window or whatever it was Art said?  Isn't that place surrounded by a good sized fence and locked gate? 

This part of the story line hasn't been mentioned much lately.

The fence isn't that tall. It would be easy to get over.

Kongfish

Yea,
There's to many unbelievable factors that I can't see Art not having. I mean if you think about it, what person that's well off that would purposely move to the desert, & have a compound isn't already paranoid as hell to start with? Throw in a little legalized Pot, especially since he can afford the finest shit grown. Next thing you know, after a few tokes to many of that blueberry, or AK-47  & you've got a host that's seeing stuff like, a Mouse Pimp, walk out from the wall straight up to Art, grab his NUTTS and threaten to shot Art if he didn't stop using the mouses Recording studio. Then Art having the balls to try and Pimp A Pimp using peanut butter. I think Art might be just mixing marijuana & Meds.

TacoTuesday

Quote from: Meister_000 on December 18, 2015, 01:38:08 AM
Fuck drones. Art should train him up some Falcons (or Hawks) -- or at least get himself some of those Falconry gloves!

They keep your beer from cooling your hand, and your hand from warming your beer. And They look pretty bad ass.

Coz

Quote from: slippingaway on December 18, 2015, 12:57:12 AM
Well duh, he can't go outdoors anymore. He could get shot at again. Or worse. No, Art is a shut-in now. Between the stalkers, the Filipino Mafia, and the dozens of nearly recovered "Pizza Punch" addicts that might still mistakenly blame him for them not getting their fix (even decades later); quite honesly I don't know how he allowed himself to ever leave the house past Y2K.

This is, of course, totally in jest. I love Art.  I would stalk him too, mostly do the 80's boombox over my head outside his house blaring Dancing Queen (our song!) begging for him to run away with me! I would stalk him... but the cost, the time required, and the fear of rejection keeps my (un)happy ass planted in my corner of Kansas.

They have a  mafia? Really?

Meister_000

Quote from: TacoTuesday on December 18, 2015, 01:50:40 AM
They keep your beer from cooling your hand, and your hand from warming your beer. And They look pretty bad ass.

I know of a trainer  :)

trostol

Quote from: Meister_000 on December 18, 2015, 12:30:26 AM
Holy Shit!   
I'm trying to think of some whity Super-Glue line but nothing's coming.  Aloe is my usual go-to but I can't tell how deep those are. Yikes.

Meister_000

Quote from: trostol on December 18, 2015, 02:20:43 AM
[ Put Some Windex On It ]

Too obscure a reference for me -- and I hate the smell of Ammonia!

But I did see this . . .

"Super glue's surgical uses began during the Vietnam War when field medics applied the glue to open wounds in an effort to buy injured soldiers more time for treatment"

http://health.howstuffworks.com/medicine/modern-treatments/5-physical-problems-doctors-fix-with-glue.htm

Meister_000

Quote from: Morgus on December 18, 2015, 02:42:32 AM
http://www.talkers.com/2015/12/15/tuesday-december-15-2015/

Thanks

Text of same:

"Art Bell Tells TALKERS He Doesn’t Want to Be Off the Air.  Legendary late night talk host Art Bell abruptly quit his most recent return to a regular program on Friday (12/11), stating that he’s been the victim of attempts on his life that make it impossible for him to do the program.  The sudden end to “Midnight in the Desert,” which was steadily picking up affiliate stations, caused some in the business to think, “Oh no, here we go again.”  But Bell tells TALKERS magazine he wants to be on the radio.  Citing three incidents on October 21, November 23 and December 8, Bell says his wife has said, “Enough.”  Bell says, “If this jerk is caught I will be back, if not I will wait for some time to pass without incident and then do some non-scheduled shows.  I would like my fellow radio people to know this is not what I want.”

Quote from: Morgus on December 18, 2015, 02:42:32 AM
http://www.talkers.com/2015/12/15/tuesday-december-15-2015/

Hmmm, that's not exactly what he said in here when asked. The plot thickens. Stop pissing about Art and get back on the radio.

Quote from: Jesus Undercarriage on December 18, 2015, 03:34:05 AM
Hmmm, that's not exactly what he said in here when asked. The plot thickens. Stop pissing about Art and get back on the radio.

I'm going to say that Art returns the week after next just in time for the New Year's shows.  Christmas week is a wash anyway.  Play reruns on Xmas Eve and Xmas.   Let Heather do the other 3 shows.

Quote from: 21st Century Man on December 18, 2015, 03:43:17 AM
I'm going to say that Art returns the week after next just in time for the New Year's shows.  Christmas week is a wash anyway.  Play reruns on Xmas Eve and Xmas.   Let Heather do the other 3 shows.
I hope so, haven't cancelled my subscription yet.

Value Of Pi

Quote from: Jesus Undercarriage on December 18, 2015, 03:34:05 AM

"I'm leaving."

""No, you're not."

"Oh, okay."

BellGab and Art are like an old married couple.