• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20151110 - Jim Elvidge - Digital Simulated Reality - Live Show Chat Thread

Started by jazmunda, November 10, 2015, 04:40:50 PM

cosmic hobo

Possibly the best MITD show yet. Interesting topic. I really like this guest and hope Art and Heather can get this guy back on regularly.

Dyna-X

This one will be a classic - Time Traveler Gold! Art is in best form and Jim Elvidge seems to be able to put the science and the paranormal together into a "Grand Unified Theory" of the unexplained with the Matrix Theory. I'd recommend bringing him back every couple months at minimum.

maren

I just listened to the replay and I was HOWLING at Jaz's "the light is from the prison guards' towers...".  Damn, that was brilliant!

I'm going to unearth that Data/Moriarty holodeck episode.  This time it's going to really freak me out with Jaz's theory banging around my brain.   :-\

Man, you're as bad as John Lear, Jaz!   >:(

GravitySucks

Quote from: maren on November 11, 2015, 09:47:27 PM
I just listened to the replay and I was HOWLING at Jaz's "the light is from the prison guards' towers...".  Damn, that was brilliant!

I'm going to unearth that Data/Moriarty holodeck episode.  This time it's going to really freak me out with Jaz's theory banging around my brain.   :-\

You're just gonna make me listen to the whole thing, aren't you?

albrecht

Quote from: Juan Cena on November 11, 2015, 04:44:47 PM
The Bushes are Snow Monkeys?  :o
Short-story was when Bush was governor a bunch of snow monkeys escaped from a monkey sanctuary for former zoo or lab snow monkeys (oddly only place outside of Japan for that type of monkey) and some folks wanted to hunt them. (Apparently like any monkey some could be aggressive and bit a person or two also people didn't know if they had disease etc for their stock. Plus lots of people like to shoot stuff here.)  Anyway, HardCopy and tabloid journalists made a big deal about the 'threat' and 'escape' of monkeys and the State gov't stepped in and stopped the hunting of them. I think Ryan, at the Snow Monkey time was head of our Texas Parks and Wildlife (regulates fish and game) maybe. I found some quick links:
http://www.chron.com/news/article/Dilley-Japanese-snow-monkeys-make-South-Texas-2044090.php
http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/article3831863.html
Decade or so later the Rangers are doing well and Nolan Ryan makes some comment about the snow monkeys and it became a sorta symbol for the team for a bit. Had stuff animal toys made etc.

Coffeeman

Quote from: albrecht on November 11, 2015, 10:00:30 PM
Short-story was when Bush was governor a bunch of snow monkeys escaped from a monkey sanctuary for former zoo or lab snow monkeys (oddly only place outside of Japan for that type of monkey) and some folks wanted to hunt them. (Apparently like any monkey some could be aggressive and bit a person or two also people didn't know if they had disease etc for their stock. Plus lots of people like to shoot stuff here.)  Anyway, HardCopy and tabloid journalists made a big deal about the 'threat' and 'escape' of monkeys and the State gov't stepped in and stopped the hunting of them. I think Ryan, at the Snow Monkey time was head of our Texas Parks and Wildlife (regulates fish and game) maybe. I found some quick links:
http://www.chron.com/news/article/Dilley-Japanese-snow-monkeys-make-South-Texas-2044090.php
http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/article3831863.html
Decade or so later the Rangers are doing well and Nolan Ryan makes some comment about the snow monkeys and it became a sorta symbol for the team for a bit. Had stuff animal toys made etc.

Hell, they're pests.  If you want some pictures of the damn things, I've got a smallish parcel of farmland near Yamagata near a mountain full of them. I'll try to wrangle one when I get up there next spring.

albrecht

Quote from: Coffeeman on November 11, 2015, 10:13:23 PM
Hell, they're pests.  If you want some pictures of the damn things, I've got a smallish parcel of farmland near Yamagata near a mountain full of them. I'll try to wrangle one when I get up there next spring.
Ha, it is ok. Like most things since they were exotic (for our location) and looked nice and furry certain people were up in arm that people would want to shoot one if it came onto their land after the escape. Situation all settled, for now, until the apes rise, I guess.

maren

Quote from: maren on November 11, 2015, 09:47:27 PM

It would behoove you to do so, IMO.  Kind of a head banger.