• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The NHL Thread

Started by GuerrillaUnReal, September 23, 2015, 04:18:41 AM

trostol

so...3 on 3...kinda crazy..Flyers lose in it in OT

Zetaspeak

Something that really turned me off the NHL is their strange overtime points. Win in regulation 2 points, win in overtime 2 points and the loser gets 1 point.

What they should do is have 3 points for regulation win, 2 points for OT win, and 1 point for OT lose. In that you teams to get a strategy of forcing them to go for it in the third period, instead of them holding back so they can get the guaranteed full points in overtime. Reward the third point with a regulation win.

Quote from: Zetaspeak on October 09, 2015, 03:03:17 AM
Something that really turned me off the NHL is their strange overtime points. Win in regulation 2 points, win in overtime 2 points and the loser gets 1 point.

What they should do is have 3 points for regulation win, 2 points for OT win, and 1 point for OT lose. In that you teams to get a strategy of forcing them to go for it in the third period, instead of them holding back so they can get the guaranteed full points in overtime. Reward the third point with a regulation win.

Never did like that rule change. I also dislike the shot out. The smaller neutral zone was another change that was stupid.

Quote from: Zetaspeak on October 09, 2015, 03:03:17 AM

Why wouldn't they go for it in the third period?  I don't understand the advantage of winning in OT instead of regulation.  Wouldn't they rather end it in the 3rd if they could, instead of taking a chance of getting just the one point if they ended up losing in the OT?  Not to mention using the extra energy it takes to play OT when they have another game coming right up

cweb

I honestly think Eichel is going to have a better year than McDavid. The tables might flip eventually, but Jack looks like a killer. And he has that instinct.

As for Lucic, same old. He was a scumbag with the Bruins all those years and hasn't changed. Too bad he can score a little, which is why he hasn't gone the way of some other dirty players recently...

If you want to see one of the funniest airing of grievances, check out Mike Commordore's twitter as he went to TOWN on Mike Babcock. It is one of the funniest social media tirades I've seen in awhile.

https://twitter.com/commie22

Quote from: VoteQuimby on October 10, 2015, 01:02:11 AM
If you want to see one of the funniest airing of grievances, check out Mike Commordore's twitter as he went to TOWN on Mike Babcock. It is one of the funniest social media tirades I've seen in awhile.

https://twitter.com/commie22

Commodore went to town on Hillary Duff so good for him. Babcock hated him in Detroit, no idea why. He would use who ever was called up from the Griffins that use him in the lineup.

cweb

His #freeRaffi tweets are amusing too!

The Leafs still suck?

The Leafs still suck.

Phil Kessel needs to chime in on that.

SredniVashtar

I don't know anything about the game, but I love this song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUb0C0iI_GE

Quote from: SredniVashtar on October 11, 2015, 07:33:24 AM

Thank you for your invaluable contribution. No really.  ;)

Bah, NHL y u so dumb?  >:(

I hate the Saturday fuck fests where every team in the league plays yet Fridays and Sundays where hardly any team plays. It's so dumb. Not only does it screw up fantasy but you can only follow two or three games at a time and it leaves a weekend day that's just made for sports with nothing going on. I'd even watch a Coyotes/Hurricanes game right now.

Then they have games scheduled for Monday starting at 1 and 3 PM EST because you're going to leave work midday on a Monday to go see them?

This scheduling is stupid.

inuk2600

I want to buy tickets to a game in March, but the price is really high. I thought I might get a deal if I bought early unless $225 per ticket is considered a deal.

Quote from: inuk2600 on October 11, 2015, 03:32:12 PM
I want to buy tickets to a game in March, but the price is really high. I thought I might get a deal if I bought early unless $225 per ticket is considered a deal.

Jesus, what team? That's outrageous.

I was thinking about flying to Florida last year to catch the Canucks game because a couple of value tickets to Florida plus $13 nose bleed seats for the Panthers would almost cost the same as going up to see them in Vancouver.

inuk2600

Quote from: VoteQuimby on October 11, 2015, 03:37:24 PM
Jesus, what team? That's outrageous.

I was thinking about flying to Florida last year to catch the Canucks game because a couple of value tickets to Florida plus $13 nose bleed seats for the Panthers would almost cost the same as going up to see them in Vancouver.

Yup, Vancouver!

albrecht

Quote from: inuk2600 on October 11, 2015, 03:40:28 PM
Yup, Vancouver!
Ouch. That is a steep ticket. I would check minor leagues or college games instead at that price point!

Quote from: inuk2600 on October 11, 2015, 03:40:28 PM
Yup, Vancouver!

;D ;D ;D Fuck, should have known. Don't worry ticket prices will hopefully drop dramatically once this team starts to suck. But yeah I know those feels. I've been a Canucks fan for almost thirteen years ever since college. I've always lived in the Northwest. Yet I've never seen a Canucks game live before because of how stupid the ticket prices are and just what a hassle it is.

I make it a point to catch as many WHL games as I can. I used to LOOOOVVVEEEE the WCHL, catching minor league games at the Tacoma Dome is what made me such a hockey fan when I was a teenager.

trostol

Quote from: VoteQuimby on October 11, 2015, 03:11:26 PM
Bah, NHL y u so dumb?  >:(

I hate the Saturday fuck fests where every team in the league plays yet Fridays and Sundays where hardly any team plays. It's so dumb. Not only does it screw up fantasy but you can only follow two or three games at a time and it leaves a weekend day that's just made for sports with nothing going on. I'd even watch a Coyotes/Hurricanes game right now.

Then they have games scheduled for Monday starting at 1 and 3 PM EST because you're going to leave work midday on a Monday to go see them?

This scheduling is stupid.

well the monday games i think, like black friday are traditional afternoon dates ..tomorrow is Columbus Day is a federal holiday..so a lot of stuff is closed..

Another season, another putrid Oilers' team.

popple

I thought Vancouver tickets went down? I wish their farm team could be in Abby :(

Ms. C

Quote from: SredniVashtar on October 11, 2015, 07:33:24 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUb0C0iI_GE
That's a awesome video!   I don't know how I could have missed it ... Being a through and through RedWings fan, and I always enjoyed Warren Zevon ...    Thank you for posting ... And Go Wings!  8)

Ms. C

Quote from: trostol on October 14, 2015, 05:17:25 PM
'
OMG .......   Bahahahaha. ... That is beyond hillarious ... Cyndy Crosby.  ... Thank you for the laugh, I need it today!

popple

Sid ran home after the first frame.

inuk2600

Quote from: popple on October 14, 2015, 04:24:09 PM
I thought Vancouver tickets went down? I wish their farm team could be in Abby :(

They don't have a replacement for the Heat yet?

popple

LOL They started the ACHL. Which is the abbotsford centre hockey league. Each team is guaranteed 20 sumptin games. If us local gabblings can scratch up $7k we can have our own team!
Quote1 free sleeve of beer per player after their game AND the winning team gets 1 free small nachos per 4 players or less; 1 free full nachos per 5 to 8 players, or 1 free share platter nachos for more than 8 players!

My favorite part is Murphy skates off like "Whatever, good luck bro"

Just traded Connor McDavid for Patrick Kane, Ryan Getzlaf, Henrik Lundqivst and a 1st. Massive hype overload. I think the Rogers commercials that run every commercial break featuring McDavid has brain washed the Canadian masses.

cweb

Quote from: VoteQuimby on October 24, 2015, 12:37:18 PM
Just traded Connor McDavid for Patrick Kane, Ryan Getzlaf, Henrik Lundqivst and a 1st. Massive hype overload. I think the Rogers commercials that run every commercial break featuring McDavid has brain washed the Canadian masses.
Agreed. The kid did some pretty sick stuff in junior, but he's still adjusting.

I think the Canadians really want/need a new savior that plays for one of their teams. And they're not willing to wait.