• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The NHL Thread

Started by GuerrillaUnReal, September 23, 2015, 04:18:41 AM

=Schlyder=

Back to back wins vs the Habs to end the pre-season.   Go Sens.

trostol

Quote from: Schlyder7 on October 03, 2015, 09:04:05 PM
Back to back wins vs the Habs to end the pre-season.   Go Sens.

Sens always find some way to...screw up their season lol

Quote from: popple on October 03, 2015, 04:49:20 PM
Does Benning have aspergers?

Something is... off about him. I hate to be so critical or insulting a man who may truly have some mental challenges but this off-season and his moves have been disasters.

popple

Quote from: VoteQuimby on October 03, 2015, 10:01:45 PM
Something is... off about him. I hate to be so critical or insulting a man who may truly have some mental challenges but this off-season and his moves have been disasters.

He's from the Bruins. Maybe he came to ruin us  :'(

=Schlyder=

Quote from: trostol on October 03, 2015, 09:14:42 PM
Sens always find some way to...screw up their season lol

yeah they do.   >:(    I have seen it all... from their start 20+ years ago until today.

The management and coaching have been very disappointing since Jacques Martin left.
All they needed then was a goalie, and they would have won 2 or 3 cups.
Then it slipped away and they have been trying to get back there since.

The current issues stem from a lack of recognition of their deficiencies... or a stubbornness, to not change what isn't working, thinking it will work out eventually.
Either way,  it isn't a path to winning the cup. 

trostol

Quote from: Schlyder7 on October 04, 2015, 11:55:28 AM
yeah they do.   >:(    I have seen it all... from their start 20+ years ago until today.

The management and coaching have been very disappointing since Jacques Martin left.
All they needed then was a goalie, and they would have won 2 or 3 cups.
Then it slipped away and they have been trying to get back there since.

The current issues stem from a lack of recognition of their deficiencies... or a stubbornness, to not change what isn't working, thinking it will work out eventually.
Either way,  it isn't a path to winning the cup. 

sadly you had the goalie..then traded him..but then Flyer's have yet to finda replacement for Pronger since he went out

=Schlyder=

Yes trading Bishop was a bad move again.

They needed the cup winning quality goalie in Jacques Martin's days... when they had their chances to win a cup.

They haven't kept a goalie of that level, ever.  The flash in the pan, duds they have hitched their hopes on were all barely even #1 goalies on the team.

They may have just majorly screwed up giving Lehner away as well.

=Schlyder=

Quote from: VoteQuimby on October 04, 2015, 03:30:06 PM
They may have just majorly screwed up giving Lehner away as well.

Yup.  and they keep Anderson.  Drives me up a wall, the stupidity.

GravitySucks

I still don't understand the Blackhwaks placing Bickell on waivers.

Quote from: GravitySucks on October 04, 2015, 05:55:00 PM
I still don't understand the Blackhwaks placing Bickell on waivers.

Like Paper Boy,

my heart belongs to Artrus Irbe

like many bay area fans, I catch a game here and there and get serious in the playoffs. Playoffs (and subsequent epic fail) used to be the norm. Recently been rebuilding. Go Sharks

popple

Zack Kassian of Montreal Canadiens injured in truck crash

QuoteCanadiens spokesman Donald Beauchamps said Kassian suffered minor injuries and was transported to hospital, where he was seen by a team doctor.

QuoteConst. Manuel Couture said the 20-year-old woman driving the vehicle may have been drinking. Police are waiting for blood sample results.

He needs to smartin up. & I really hoped he would turn into that power forward for the canucks. He showed some flashes at times and I'd get all excited but....  :-\ I hope he can put it all together some day.

I love that man. I love love love that man. He may be an alcoholic disaster who's pissing away his potential but he is one of the most entertaining characters to come through hockey in my fandom.

The funniest part of the story and the thing that makes him epic legend in my mind was his line to the cop when he was blooded and "dazed" after the crash. Cop is asking him questions and then asks him if he knows where he's at to which Kassian responds "Quebec?"

Shine on you crazy diamond.  ;D

popple

He was always great for some lulz. Quite "photogenic" as well  :P

Quote from: popple on October 04, 2015, 11:44:59 PM
He was always great for some lulz. Quite "photogenic" as well  :P

He's the most hockey looking hockey player of the modern era. Ovechkin and him.  ;D

My favorite thing about him is he looks like such a maniac tough guy but when the on-ice mics would pick him up yapping you'd see this very scary big man yelling but hear this hilarious high pitch voice with a strange Canadian accent.

popple

He is the Mick Foley of hockey. I title this photograph "invisible mr socko"

cweb

Damn popple, ya beat me to it!  :)

I was going to say "Andrew WK of hockey." haha

Eddie Coyle

The NHL office of discipline just delivered a high head shot to Raffi Torres. 41 games for his latest headhunting endeavor.

That's pretty much the end of his career. Can't see him getting another contract, especially coming back from a major surgery. Too bad in a way, the NHL is becoming so pussified that Raffi was one of the last of a dying breed.

albrecht

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on October 05, 2015, 02:49:49 PM
   The NHL office of discipline just delivered a high head shot to Raffi Torres. 41 games for his latest headhunting endeavor.
I saw that. I'm afraid this season is going to be big focus on "hit to heads" and other politically correct stuff. They are trying to set an example big time. 41 game suspension and the season hasn't even started. Nice move Raffi!

Eddie Coyle

The Union is in a rock in a hard place because they'll be leading the charge for a CTE/concussion payday, so defending a recidivist headhunter like Torres is risky. They'll try to get the suspension cut in half...how hard they try we'll see.

@TSNBobMcKenzie: Kassian suspended without pay and enters Stage 2 of NHL-NHLPA joint Behavioral Modification program. Doctors will decide when/if he returns.

popple

I guess that's a wrap on Raffi! :o

He tends to make some poor decisions at times. Remember when he and his girlfriend(?) dressed up as Jays & be yawns for halloween?

popple

Quote from: VoteQuimby on October 05, 2015, 04:41:34 PM
@TSNBobMcKenzie: Kassian suspended without pay and enters Stage 2 of NHL-NHLPA joint Behavioral Modification program. Doctors will decide when/if he returns.

CAN'T BE TAMED!

trostol

Quote from: VoteQuimby on October 05, 2015, 02:59:43 PM
That's pretty much the end of his career. Can't see him getting another contract, especially coming back from a major surgery. Too bad in a way, the NHL is becoming so pussified that Raffi was one of the last of a dying breed.

i would agree and do to a point of they are ..making the game less..tough..but this is the guys 5th suspension lol

albrecht

Quote from: popple on October 05, 2015, 04:41:45 PM
I guess that's a wrap on Raffi! :o

He tends to make some poor decisions at times. Remember when he and his girlfriend(?) dressed up as Jays & be yawns for halloween?
Ha, somehow I missed that. I have more respect for him now. That takes a pair to do the hilarious blackface gig in this day and age.

Having seen some of the stats I agree that the NHL (and other sports) need to look into limiting concussions but I hope they don't over-board and make it a sissy game. They are adults and, now, know the dangers and risks and are getting paid well. I think hard checks (legal) and fighting help keep the game honest and punishes those we get out of line better than the refs or the back-office.

The thing that really denotes where the game is for me is watching Jake Virtanen enter the league. In juniors Virtanen was a big tough guy power forward with a reputation for physical play. In the prospect games he was running around like a maniac tough guy and even blasted McDavid at one point. His first NHL pre-season game he was running around like a tough guy when one of the opposing defensemen gave him a dirty trip which sent him sailing painfully into the boards. Virtanen was pretty quiet after that. Point being, it's a cheap shot league now.