• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Knapp

Started by ArtBellFan, April 27, 2008, 09:05:01 AM

Tara

Quote from: HorrorReporter on October 14, 2011, 05:40:28 AM
C2C going hardcore on book promotion--they even have Knapp interviewing Rosemary on Sunday. I wouldn't even be surprised if the 'co-author' called in from the Gateway to the West.

Why do you think that C2C is having Knapp interview Rosemary instead of Noory, the supposed co-author of Talking to the Dead?   I think it's because Noory would ask such stupid questions that it would become obvious to all that Noory knows nothing about the book or the topic.  I'm sure he never even read the entire book. 

I see that Rob Simone is taking the place of George Knapp tonight.  Is this the beginning of the Knapp "phase out" that many have feared?

michio

Quote from: Tara on October 14, 2011, 08:21:56 AM
Why do you think that C2C is having Knapp interview Rosemary instead of Noory, the supposed co-author of Talking to the Dead?   I think it's because Noory would ask such stupid questions that it would become obvious to all that Noory knows nothing about the book or the topic.  I'm sure he never even read the entire book.

"Excellent book. It's a great read."  That's Noory-speak for "I read the front and back cover."

Quote from: SomeVelvetMorning on October 16, 2011, 10:59:54 PM
I see that Rob Simone is taking the place of George Knapp tonight.  Is this the beginning of the Knapp "phase out" that many have feared?
Knapp seems to have schedule problems a lot.  Too bad because he is the best part-time host.  Now that deluded, boring PEST Richard C. Hogs-the-land is talking to Simone.  Just like a 5th grader taking advantage of a substitute teacher!

Oh my god, he is going to talk to Simone after the break too...  Noory was just on for a minutue or two.

morphiaflow

I may or may not have been the first one to raise that subject, but I think I was the most recent. I said then and I'll say now, I hope I'm wrong. However--trying not to get paranoid or make assumptions--but at this point, it simply wouldn't surprise me. All I'm saying.

Quote from: morphiaflow on October 16, 2011, 11:31:42 PM
I may or may not have been the first one to raise that subject, but I think I was the most recent. I said then and I'll say now, I hope I'm wrong. However--trying not to get paranoid or make assumptions--but at this point, it simply wouldn't surprise me. All I'm saying.
I don’t think they would do a last minute switch on purpose, it just draws attention to the fact Knapp isn’t there (unless it is a test balloon).  If they were set on getting rid of him, they would kick him out without any fanfare.  Or so seems to be the radio norm.

Eddie Coyle

Knapp had a number of shows cancelled at the last minute, due to "technical issues" in 2009-10. Maybe that's occurred here...but it wouldn't be a shock if Knapp is not part of their "plan"(ahem)

morphiaflow

Well, when's his next scheduled show? Let's see if he makes that. What did Simone say about it (or the website)? I'm too lazy to look it up....

Quote from: morphiaflow on October 16, 2011, 11:53:51 PM
Well, when's his next scheduled show? Let's see if he makes that. What did Simone say about it (or the website)? I'm too lazy to look it up....
No explanation on the web site, I didn't hear the first few min.s of the show.  I don't think they announce the upcomining schedule more than a few days to a week in advance.

Morgus

since there is an extra sunday night this month, knapp can still host the last two sundays of the month, next weekend and the following.
robbie simone only mentioned he got a call about 2 hours before the show started to guest host.

kf5iwe

Maybe Knapp could not stomach shilling for Noory's book? Maybe he puked himself into a coma? Maybe he was at dinner with Art discussing their new venture? I'm just sayin'

Quote from: kf5iwe on October 17, 2011, 08:52:10 AM
Maybe Knapp could not stomach shilling for Noory's book? Maybe he puked himself into a coma? Maybe he was at dinner with Art discussing their new venture? I'm just sayin'

Goooood point....

SheilaVG

Yeah, unfortunately it's become somewhat of a promotion tool for George Noory. There's even a page on the C2C website dedicated to his appearances. It's unfortunate but it has become very commercial and sort of a joke ... and I mean off of this forum it's a joke. Thank God for Ian and George K. At least they are interesting and not just part of the ridiculous world of George Noory.

Do you think he gets paid for all those products he's endorsing? Especially when he says to find him in the drop down menu?

I'd say he's leading the show down the rabbit whole but it's more like a toilet hole.

Quote from: HorrorReporter on October 14, 2011, 05:40:28 AM
C2C going hardcore on book promotion--they even have Knapp interviewing Rosemary on Sunday. I wouldn't even be surprised if the 'co-author' called in from the Gateway to the West.

fysisist

Quote from: michio on October 16, 2011, 11:19:25 PM
"Excellent book. It's a great read."  That's Noory-speak for "I read the front and back cover."

More likely it's Noory-speak for I had my intern read the front and back cover and give me a 2 minute synopsis. 

CoastCanuck

George Knapp's last minute absence may be totally innocent... perhaps technical difficulties or sudden sickness. (have you ever had a bad meal that doesn't agree with you?).  I'm going to wait for his explanation and I bet it's a valid reason.

Frys Girl

C'mon guys. Knapp did NOT want to interview that ghost woman who wrote the book with Noory, and George Noory interviewing his co-author.....hell, George Noory interviewing anyone is bad as it is.

I think it was done on purpose. Simone needs the work and he's more hungry and desperate than Knapp. Good for Knapp.

That garbage book Walking with the Dead is out on Tuesday, so that must be why.

Morgus

Quote from: Frys Girl on October 17, 2011, 04:45:17 PMthat ghost woman who wrote the book with Noory
I think it was done on purpose. Simone needs the work and he's more hungry and desperate than Knapp. Good for Knapp.
you mean the ghost woman who wrote the book FOR Noory - he essentially admitted it was all her idea in the few minutes he was on in the first hour last night.

Also Noory was really chummy with Simone calling him 'Robbie' and saying 'i love you guy'
Simone clearly was picked by Noory himself as his young protege, maybe grooming him as a Noory Jr?  8)

fysisist

Mutual masturbation between paranormal pinheads.

Fractal

Here's how it went down at my house last night:

First blow:  No George Knapp.  Not that I have anything against Simone, I was just kinda looking forward to hearing from Knapp.

Second blow:  Richard "Face on Mars" Hoagland blowing hot air in the first hour.

Third blow:  Realizing this program was going to be a three-hour infomercial for the Big Snore's new book.

Result:  Turned off the radio in the first hour, turned on the CD to listen to relaxing music, and fell asleep. 

I think it will be the same routine tonight, what with more bible-thumping in the line up.  And then the most boring thing in the  universe--crystal skulls--later in the week.  Oh, joy.

Quick note of interest.. Knapp has appeared to be gone AWOL (at least for now) on his Facebook page with quite a few people publicly messaging him about his absence.. Could it be, a year after Art goes so does Knapp?

Rico999

Quote from: SheilaVG on October 17, 2011, 01:14:19 PM
Yeah, unfortunately it's become somewhat of a promotion tool for George Noory. There's even a page on the C2C website dedicated to his appearances. It's unfortunate but it has become very commercial and sort of a joke ... and I mean off of this forum it's a joke. Thank God for Ian and George K. At least they are interesting and not just part of the ridiculous world of George Noory.

Do you think he gets paid for all those products he's endorsing? Especially when he says to find him in the drop down menu?

I'd say he's leading the show down the rabbit whole but it's more like a toilet hole.

Bet all the freeze dried "survival" food you have that George gets a piece of the action from everything that happens on the show and on the webpage. 

If the products his guests try to sell you on the infomercial that's now C2C get a bump in sales from the show, George gets his cut.  If Katherine Austin Fitts gains some new clients that tell her "George sent me," he gets a slice of that.  If people come into the Great Greek in hopes of getting a glimpse of the famous host of Coast to Coast AM, he'll get some kind of comp from the owner. 

The whole sham that's Coast is all about George getting rich and famous.   And trust me,  deep down he still wants to run for president.  I'm convinced he's a megalomaniac.

WOTR

Quote from: Fractal on October 17, 2011, 05:15:41 PM
Here's how it went down at my house last night:

First blow:  No George Knapp.  Not that I have anything against Simone, I was just kinda looking forward to hearing from Knapp.

Second blow:  Richard "Face on Mars" Hoagland blowing hot air in the first hour.

Third blow:  Realizing this program was going to be a three-hour infomercial for the Big Snore's new book.

Result:  Turned off the radio in the first hour, turned on the CD to listen to relaxing music, and fell asleep. 

I think it will be the same routine tonight, what with more bible-thumping in the line up.  And then the most boring thing in the  universe--crystal skulls--later in the week.  Oh, joy.
I agree that it would have been nice to hear Knapp, but I did enjoy the show.  Where somebody said that Hoagland was like a kid taking advantage of a substitute teacher and you saying he "blew hot air" I loved it.  Having a host who gave Hoagie the room to express his full views and come off as a stark raving lunatic made me laugh a few times.  Hearing Hoagland tie every thread into his personal theory was great!

The part of the interview that I heard with Rosemary was not too bad.  And I loved when Somone said that they would be right back with the author of the new book and then an awkward pause before he added that Noory was also the author.  It was comedy gold.

Having said that, I can imagine that Knapp just couldn't stomach plugging Noory directly.  I can picture Noory demanding that Knapp do the interview or be fired.  Knapp wrestles with the idea for a few days (Christmas is coming and the extra income is nice) before finally calling up George and saying that there is only so much pride a man can swallow before he looses all self respect.  Enter Simone.

Lovely Bones

Quote from: CoastCanuck on October 17, 2011, 04:05:14 PM
George Knapp's last minute absence may be totally innocent... perhaps technical difficulties or sudden sickness. (have you ever had a bad meal that doesn't agree with you?).  I'm going to wait for his explanation and I bet it's a valid reason.

Knapp is a working journalist in Las Vegas, correct?  The biggest thing to happen in Vegas on Sunday was the Indy 300 crash and subsequent death of Dan Wheldon, national news for 24 hours following the crash, so I imagine in the Las Vegas area it dominated all.  Maybe the short notice and absence were DW related? 

Interestingly enough no real word on that--and still silence on his page. Noteworthy only bc he is a mutual friend with Art on there... I am sure there is a very logical reason Robbie had to pinch hit. Logical indeed..

CoastCanuck

Here's hoping George Knapp stayed away from the basketball court... last time he played, didn't he injure himself?
I wonder if he had internet problems again this week.   We'll find out next time we hear from him.
His profile is still listed on KLAS website.  Anyone in Vegas watching the news? 
Personally, I think George Knapp is professional and would keep personal feelings, if he had any negative feelings, out of doing his job.

SheilaVG

I think I may be in Knapp Withdrawal. I mean besides Ian, he is my favorite host. George Noory just bores me. I actually guessed righ last night about which guest talker he would have on (Misch Batros). He is so predictable and I don't trust alot of what he says. Could that be part of why we don't hear Knapp anymore? Did Noory feel threatened so Knapp got canned?

I realize he has a life beyond C2C and it did occurr to me also that he had work due to the racing accident but at that hour of the night? I seriously do wonder if Noory wanted him out of the picture.

Yes, that was funny to listen to Hoagland with Simone. He did sort of sound like a kid left alone with all the toys. But I predict, seriously, that this will be the year we really find out he is a living breathing hoax... or a little nuts ala Sandra Brown (not sure of the name but I mean the psychic who thought the workers in the mine were dead and they were not).

Sheila

Quote from: WOTR on October 17, 2011, 10:32:33 PM
I agree that it would have been nice to hear Knapp, but I did enjoy the show.  Where somebody said that Hoagland was like a kid taking advantage of a substitute teacher and you saying he "blew hot air" I loved it.  Having a host who gave Hoagie the room to express his full views and come off as a stark raving lunatic made me laugh a few times.  Hearing Hoagland tie every thread into his personal theory was great!

The part of the interview that I heard with Rosemary was not too bad.  And I loved when Somone said that they would be right back with the author of the new book and then an awkward pause before he added that Noory was also the author.  It was comedy gold.

Having said that, I can imagine that Knapp just couldn't stomach plugging Noory directly.  I can picture Noory demanding that Knapp do the interview or be fired.  Knapp wrestles with the idea for a few days (Christmas is coming and the extra income is nice) before finally calling up George and saying that there is only so much pride a man can swallow before he looses all self respect.  Enter Simone.

CoastCanuck

AsI write this, the C2C website is advertising George Knapp as host for this upcoming Sunday, Oct. 23. 

WOTR

I think I found my quote of the week...
George: You aren't going to read to me from the bible are you?
Caller: well... I... don't HAVE to...

Naturally, she proceeded to read verse while stumbling and George had to stop her.

SnapT

What's with the technical difficulties lately?  Knapp shuffling papers during a minute of dead air was better than Noory babbling, but still!

Morgus

Quote from: SnapT on October 24, 2011, 01:30:41 AM
What's with the technical difficulties lately?  Knapp shuffling papers during a minute of dead air was better than Noory babbling, but still!
noory had the same problem with several guests last week, after awhile they lose the guest phone connection.
knapp also lost the guest tonight yet he himself was still on the air but didn't know that.
fortunately they got the guest back after 5 min or so.

too bad in the first hour knapp had open lines and got a bunch of the "noory nuts" like bible thumpers who were reading the old testament and decided it means a volcano will erupt soon in Hawaii...  :o